Slice of Night

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:16 am

Golden Buck smiles, and says, "Oh! Where are my manners? What would you all like to eat? We pride ourselves on being a..." He is cut off by a loud BANG! from the kitchen, followed by the stench of burned food, and the acrid smell of smoke. He yelps and turns around, seeing what you all see: A huge conflagration has broken out in the kitchen, the flames licking at the walls. It's spreading. Fast.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The message reads as follows:
Sir Clockeye,
Your presence is requested at City Hall for an immediate meeting with the mayor. Stupid Pegasus, sullying m- Is this thing still going? Buck! Hey receptionist, how do I turn this thi-
avatar
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Posts : 414
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Smoke leaps into action. And by "leaps into action", I mean he draws his scarf above his mouth, flies to the door, and holds it open for the rest of the group, signalling them to move...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 821
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Drago765 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:02 pm

Lyre sighs and starts looking around. "Don't you have fire extinguishers or something?" He said, trying to find something to put out the fire.
HEY SUB, GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?:
Nat 1 on perception. Have fun.
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  quietkal on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Unable to do much about the fire, Heartfelt quickly puts a hoof around Quilted and scoots her towards the entrance. "Go go go go!"
Meta:
To be clear, she's not intending to push Quilted the entire way, just enough to get her started running towards the door.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Lyre's vision is completely obscured by the growing smoke, and he trips over a chair, falling to the ground. Quilted yells and starts running towards the door.
((Wow, that's bad timing! Give me an endurance roll Lyre. Everyone else feel free to run or fight the fire. Maybe call in 2 PC's with weather-crafting...?))
avatar
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Posts : 414
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Drago765 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Roll:
Endurance: avoid getting seriously hurt? 16 + 7 = 23. I'll wait for the result before doing anything.
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:39 pm

((It was to avoid breathing in too much smoke.))
Lyre gets to his feet, taking short and shallow breaths to avoid too much smoke inhalation. You can all see the fire spreading, engulfing the kitchen now.
((Make of that what you will...))
avatar
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Posts : 414
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Drago765 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Lyre covered his mouth with his claw. I can't stay in here, the fire won't kill me but the smoke will... But I can't leave until I'm sure everyone else is fine. He thought to himself before taking a quick glance around to see if anyone needed help.

Roll:
Perception: See if anyone needs help. 19 + 9 = 28. Well, at least they're helpful when it comes to the really important things.
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Paper Shadow on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Smoke Screen flies above the restaurant and starts gathering rain clouds as fast as he could...

(Using Weather-Crafter. Sadly, it'll take five minutes, but maybe someone will notice me and help out...)
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 821
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:05 am

Lyre sees what appears to be one of the cooks trapped in the kitchen, desperately backing away as the flames advance. ((Quick Question for the group: How far away would you guys say Cloudcast's house is from this cafe?))
avatar
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Posts : 414
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Drago765 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Out of the frying pan... Huh, that's actually appropriate. Lyre thought to himself, before regaining his focus and rushing over to the cook. He tried to drag him out of there while acting as a barrier between the cook and the fire.

Roll:
Stunts: If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! 13 + 7 = 20. Not too bad...
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  quietkal on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Heartfelt stops with Quilted a safe distance from the Hobby Horse, puts a hoof around the filly to pull the small unicorn into her, and watches tearfully as the fire spreads.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:59 am

As Lyre runs into the kitchen, his vision is obscured by smoke, and though he isn't burning, he can't see the cook at all.
((Perception Check?))
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Cloudcast and Eclair head on home, they hear a small but intense BANG!, and see smoke rising from a point in the distance.
((See, I didnt forget you guys!))
avatar
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Posts : 414
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Ramsus on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:41 pm

"Oh boy, well, that's my part time work callin', gotta jet!" Cloudcast says and runs off towards the smoke.

Spoiler:

Athletics: 13 + nat 20, lol = 33
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Drago765 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Lyre, one claw still covering his mouth, tried to clear the smoke away from his face with his other claw. There was no alternative, he HAD to save this pony!

Roll:
Perception: See the cook through the smoke. 16 + 9 = 25
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:03 am

Eclair blinks noticing the rising smoke as they fly. "Zat does not look good, oui?" She says to CC before noticing the earth pony run away. "Hey! Attendez-moi! She calls out before banking around and flying towards the smoke herself.

Acrobatics:
16(roll)+17(bonus)+4(talent specialization)=37 to head towards the burning restaurant.

The talent in question btw:
Flying Ace
Prerequisite: Cloud Chaser
You may roll twice on all precision or brawn checks made to fly and take either result.
[2] Unique – Add an additional 1d4 to the higher result.

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 348
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Lyre spots what appears to be the cook. But he/she isn't moving!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cloudcast begins to run forward, at speeds no earth pony should be comfortable with, and Eclair follows easily. They arrive at the cafe to see, predominantly, a pegasus pony attempting to draw forth clouds and rain, and a small unicorn leaning tearfully into an adult earth pony mare. There's also a lot of bystanders, and in the distance you see small dots moving at high speeds towards you.
avatar
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Posts : 414
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Drago765 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Oh no, nononononono. THAT'S not happening today! Lyre screamed internally to himself, before proceeding with the original reason he came in here. I'm going to get you out of here, and I'm going to hand you over to the paramedics, and everything will be fine. THAT'S what's going to happen!
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Ramsus on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Cloudcast rushed past the bystanders, leapt up into the air and speared the gathering clouds with Diamond Dust, and dragged them along with her into the burning building and whirled her spear overhead, filling the place with freezing cold vapor and coating the surfaces with ice.

Spoiler:

Weather-Crafting: 16 + 17 = 33 + whatever bonus I get from the spear's ice power.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:05 am

((That Assist happening?))
avatar
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Posts : 414
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Paper Shadow on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:40 pm

SubjectZ wrote:((That Assist happening?))
(God Damn You Sub I wasn't gonna but I rolled the assist because of this post...)

Smoke doesn't notice the pony and continues trying his best to gather clouds. In fact, he even gets in her way...

(Athletics Assist: Natural 1. YOU HAPPY SUB? I ROLLED ASSIST, JUST LIKE YOU WANTED!)
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 821
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:13 pm

((I-I Meant Eclair, but yeah, that's pretty funny.))
avatar
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Posts : 414
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Dr Blight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:24 am

Eclair hovers for a moment taking in what's going on before flying into action. Funneling as many clouds as she can from the sky into CC's spear like a blender.

Assist roll:
18(roll)+17(acrobatics)+5(Sky's the Limit)=40

The Sky’s The Limit
Prerequisite: Weather-Crafter
Gain a +5 bonus to all checks you make in order to use the Weather-Crafter utility talent.

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 348
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:14 am

Cloudcast, channeling the powers of the sky into her spear, hurls wave after wave of ice at the fires, while cold seeps from her twirling spear. The fires dim, but deep in the kitchen, the blazing continues and smoke is still pouring from everywhere
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lyre grabs the slumped form of the cook, and, shielding the mare with his hide, begins to drag her towards the blackened doors.
((Endurance Roll, last one, I promise.))
----------------
((Stagewing gonna do things?))


Last edited by SubjectZ on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Posts : 414
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Drago765 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:15 pm

(I feel like this is the time I should point out that Lyre is in fact fireproof, in case that wasn't apparent.)


Come on... Come on... Just a bit farther, we're going to make it out of this... Lyre thought, focusing on his goal. It was getting a bit harder to breathe with all the smoke, but he HAD to get this pony out of there, no other option.

Roll:
Endurance: I'm going to assume smoke inhalation. 9 + 7 = 16
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum