Slice of Night

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:45 am

((I know he is, smoke inhalation. Also, edited))
Lyre pulls, straining with all his might, and finally he bursts free of the building, smoke clouding around him and the cook.
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:08 am

Smoke Screen, always the opportunist, takes a photograph or two of the pair as the baby dragon escapes the building with cook in tow...
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:18 am

Lyre practically collapses onto the pavement, hacking and wheezing. "Someone... get a doctor... or something... for this mare." He manages to say between coughs. Damn smoke...
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Heartfelt gasps with relief as the baby dragon pulls the chef out, before she looks at the crowd to see if she recognizes any of the town's doctors. Failing that, she thinks on if she knows any doctors that live nearby.
Meta:
Perception: 14 = 4 (roll) +10 (skill)
Streetwise: 31 = 16 (roll) +15 (skill)
Then, she remembers that she could just ask and any doctors would probably come running. She manages to call out, "Is there a doc...?" before choking up again.
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Heartfelt remembers that there's 2 doctors within a stone's throw, one to the west, who's a pediatrician, and one to the south, who runs a general hospital.
---------------------------------------
The crowd has gotten larger, and several pegasi are running damage control, although the kitchen just doesn't seem willing to burn out somehow. A basic medical station has been set up, and there's a line forming for everyone to get checked up. 2 Large Earth ponies run up and pick up the chef, one saying to Lyre, "You know dis pony, kid?" He takes a few steps, obviously expecting Lyre to follow, then stops, and turns back to look at Lyre, his eyes widening.
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Cloudcast continues to attempt to stifle the flames as best she can while searching for whatever damnable thing is causing the unnatural blaze.

Spoiler:

Perception: 5 + 19 = 24. (+1 from Lyre if that counts, which would be nice probably)
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 pm

"No, I honestly have no idea who she is..." Lyre admits, having mostly gotten over the smoke inhalation after coughing for a while and a few deep breathes. (Endurance checks really help.) He notes the strange look the pony's giving to him however. Great, he knows. I'm going to have to run soon. Alright, don't act suspicious, don't start panicking, just hope he doesn't act on it, and if he does then run.
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Smoke overhears the earth pony's comments, and looks at the chef, seeing if he can remember who the mare was...

(Streetwise Check: 13 (Roll) + 11 (Bonus) + 1 (Lyre) = 25)
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Heartfelt notices the basic medical station, and calms down somewhat, wiping the tears from her eyes. She realizes how traumatizing this might be for Quilted, and pulls the filly slightly tighter into her, quietly saying, "It's okay honey...it's okay. Nopony's hurt..."
She looks over to Golden Buck, and if she's near him she'll say, "Goldie...I'm so sorry this happened to you. Do you...need somewhere to stay?"
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:09 pm

The medical colt looks at Lyre for a moment, then smiles, saying, "Never thought I'd see a baby dragon in person. Hey kid, your kind can breathe firah, right? We might need ya help. You mind coming with us for a sec?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smoke recognizes the pony from an old piece he did on rising talents in Luna's Retreat. Her name's Guilty Pleasure and she's been highly lauded as an up and coming culinary star.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the continued barrages of weather from Cloudcast, Eclair, and Smoke Screen, the fire is contained. But one, oddly colored blaze remains, at the center of the kitchen. You can't see much through the smoke, but it appears to still be going strong.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Golden turns to Heartfelt, and there's a strange smile on his face, as he says, "N-no. I'm not one of those folk who makes his house where he works, I got a place down the street. I, uh... I-" He turns away, and walks over to the police, beginning to converse with them. Quilted hugs you tightly, and says, "I... what just happened? How did the kitchen just explode like that??"
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Lyre looks at the colt for a bit. "Uh, no thanks. There still might be something in there, and I'm the only one that's fireproof around here." He says, running back in the building. That, and I'm pretty sure that was a trap. He then notices the oddly colored embers. "Wait, what the..? Okay, that is definitely not natural." He remarks to himself, before focusing. I hope I still remember how to do this... He then, hopefully being protected by dragonic magic, walks over to try and grab the source of the fire.

Roll:
Arcane: Channeling Dragon magic. 5 + 8 = 13

Last edited by Drago765 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : DANG COLORS AGAIN)
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Smoke decides to do the morally high thing... and takes some snapshots of Guilty Pleasure for the paper...
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:47 pm

SubjectZ wrote:Golden turns to Heartfelt, and there's a strange smile on his face, as he says, "N-no. I'm not one of those folk who makes his house where he works, I got a place down the street. I, uh... I-" He turns away, and walks over to the police, beginning to converse with them. Quilted hugs you tightly, and says, "I... what just happened? How did the kitchen just explode like that??"
Heartfelt nods gently at Golden's statement, before resting her head on Quilted's, again taking care not to injure herself on the surprisingly sharp horn. "...I don't know honey; I'm sure it was just a...a freak accident. All the wrong things lined up."
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Lyre takes a hold of the fire, and as the smoke begins to clear, he notices... the fire's light blue. WHOOSH. The fire swells in Lyre's claws, growing into an enormous blue fireball that pretty much incinerates the rest of the building. There's a blinding flash, and when you can all see again, there's a large scorch mark, and in the center is... Lyre. With the flame. Which then extinguishes. As this happens, a small message plays out in Lyre's mind: This is what happens to deserters, child.

Last edited by SubjectZ on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Smoke decides to do the smart thing... and takes some snapshots as this all unfolds...
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Lyre freezes in shock. "No... nonononononono..." He mumbles to himself over and over, eyes wide. Then falls to his knees, still mumbling. "I escaped... nononono... I got away..."
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:03 pm

When the building bursts in magical flame, Heartfelt yelps and scoops up Quilted, quickly moving the two of them significantly farther from the exploding cafe.
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Cloudcast bats away the flames and smoke after yelling out at the sudden flashfire. Then she spots the dragon and says mostly to herself, "Well ah'll be! Ah was almost sure ma leg was bein' pulled. An actual baby dragon." After pausing a moment to take this in she notices he seems to be having some sort of panic attack and walks up, wincing a bit at the heat of the ground under her hooves, and asks, "Hay there, you ok?"
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:52 pm

Lyre continues mumbling for a bit, then notices that that voice is different, at which point he practically clings to Cloudcast's leg. "Don't let him take me again... I escaped, I don't want to go back... Never again..."
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:58 pm

"Who ya talkin' bout darlin'? The child...er... endangerment?... management?... survey?.... was lookin' for ya earlier. Do ya mean them all?" she asks while lifting her leg a bit to see if he lets go or lets her drag him into the air.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:00 pm

He keeps holding on, but all that's coming out of his mouth at the moment is scared whimpering.
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Cloudcast slowly moves the leg around having a big of fun bobbing Lyre around in the air while she talks. "Don't you worry darlin', I won't let them take you nowheres you don't wanna go. Let's just get ya out of here... and maybe to a bath. We're covered head to tail in soot the both of us ah'll recon." And with that she sort of hop/walks out of the wreckage to where the others are.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Lyre retains enough sense to grab his instrument in it's case as he gets carried away.
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:59 pm

The former thief notices the baby dragon being dragged away. He was initially gonna let it slide, but then remembers something. "Oh wait, I've got to ask that pony about this baker," mutters Smoke. He kisses Heart Blossom a quick goodbye in case he doesn't return to the scene and flies after the cloud pony, asking the pony to wait up when he gets close...
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:18 pm

"Oh, hay there... er... uh.... sorry, don' think I know yer name fella." Cloudcast replies.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top