Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slice of Night

+3
quietkal
Paper Shadow
SubjectZ
7 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Slice of Night  - Page 2 Empty Re: Slice of Night

Post  Drago765 Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:13 pm

"Thanks! I really can't say I play that well every-time though." He said, a bit flattered from the compliment. "And don't worry about that "running" thing, just a little joke that apparently got you." He said with a (practiced) sly grin and a nervous chuckle.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Heartfelt looks at him for a moment, not entirely sure whether to believe him or not, but seeing no one else press she relaxes with a chuckle.
"Oh...uh...okay. Sorry, that just...whoosh." She waves a hoof over her mane, indicating the joke went over her head.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:12 am

Lyre chuckles as well. "Yeah, it tends to go over a lot of people's heads! More of an inside joke really." He said, while thinking Wait, that actually worked?!
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:13 pm

As you chat, the waitress comes back with a tray of drinks, saying, "Well, guys, here are your drinks. Little dragon guy, I decided to grab you one of our original blends." Lyre notices his drink is an interesting shade of green, and kinda lumpy. She turns to leave, and says, "I'll be back in a minute for your orders."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Heartfelt thanks her as the drinks are set and mixes in some creamer and sugar to her drink. She lightly glances at Quilted, making a quick check that the filly's doesn't seem upset or is causing a social ruckus, before leaning towards Smoke Screen and saying, "So. How goes the newspaper business? Any...up-and-coming events I should be aware of?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:01 am

Lyre, after looking at his drink carefully, decided it may be a bit better to just wait for the waitress to come back for orders. I'm not THAT desperate... He thought, pushing it a bit farther away from him.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:08 am

quietkal wrote:Heartfelt thanks her as the drinks are set and mixes in some creamer and sugar to her drink. She lightly glances at Quilted, making a quick check that the filly's doesn't seem upset or is causing a social ruckus, before leaning towards Smoke Screen and saying, "So. How goes the newspaper business? Any...up-and-coming events I should be aware of?"
"Anything in particular you want to know about?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Heartfelt shrugs and sips from her drink. "Not any one thing in particular; I just haven't been able to keep touch with much of what's going on recently. I figure it's quickest to ask those who seek out and make the news, yea? I did hear that the school was planning an expansion or something though."
Meta:
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:06 pm

(Streetwise Roll: 10 (Roll) + 11 (Bonus) + 5 (Heartfelt Assist) + 1 (Lyre) = 27)

"Ah yes, the library wing," comments Smoke as the pegasus takes as small sip of his water, glancing at the three ice cubes as they float about. "Well, it has hit a bit of a funding problem, so it's on hold. Shame really, it was going to act a library for everypony, and we could really do with a new one. I'm sure you are aware of the state of Ye Olde Library and its outdated books. It's funny really, I've been considering becoming a writer when I am done with reporting, although that won't be any time soon either." Smoke chuckles. "Wonder which would happen first."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Heartfelt cocks her head in interest. "Yeah? What kinds of stuff you want to write? Poetry? Adventure? Non-fiction?" Heartfelt gives a chuckle and says, "Romance?"
Meta:
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:52 pm

"Crime novels," Smoke answers flatly...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:40 pm

"Crime novels?" Lyre looked over at Smoke. "That's a bit of an odd choice, any particular reason you'd want to write crime novels?"
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 pm

The pegasus shrugs. "Those are just the stories I have. I like crime novels, and have a bunch of them at home." He faces Heart Blossom as he asks "Isn't that right dear?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Heart Blossom smiles and says exasperatedly, "Are you kidding? We have two bookcases full of them. He'll keep me up half the night reading those novels." At this, Quilted chimes in and asks, "Ooh, have you ever read the Capable Colts and The Adventures of Fancy Whodunit? They're my favorite!" She looks at SS excitedly.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:59 am

"Well, I've read a few, such as The Haunted Fort, The Mystery at Lilac Inn, The Clue of the Velvet Mask, but they are more aimed at young ponies like yourself. It's always nice to see a young pony enjoy a good story though. When I was your age, my grandfather use to tell me stories like Star Jump and the Beanstalk, that was one of my favourites." Smoke sighs dreamingly as he remembers the past, will also still pondering about the library wing. He then gets an idea. "Hey, would anypony here know any bakers?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Heartfelt smiles as she looks lightly towards Quilted, before turning to Smoke and nodding. "Funny you should mention it, I actually met one earlier today! What's uh...what's going on that you need a baker?," she asked hopefully.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:19 pm

"Would you recommend that baker?" asks Smoke, accidentally ignoring Felt's question
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:25 pm

"Mhmm! She seems nice!...though I suppose I haven't actually tasted her goods yet." Heartfelt shrugs. "I don't know really know any other, like..."bakers" here in town though. I guess it depends on what needs to be made?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Smoke ponders for a bit. "Well, what's her name anyway, and where can I find her?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Heartfelt huffs lightly, off-put by Smoke repeatedly dodging her question.
"Her name's Eclair...she's rooming in that cloud house just east of town with its builder. I think they're milling about town currently though."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:55 pm

"Rooming? Like, rooming rooming, or rooming rooming?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Heartfelt stares at him for a moment, surprised by the question. She starts to say "No," but mulls the question over. "...I don't really know. Not that it's any of my business one way or the other, but I'm pretty sure it's just regular rooming...though Cece is kindof a wild card."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Smoke shrugs and takes a swig of his drink. "Jus' asking."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Heart Blossom and Quilted stare at you two quizzically, and Heart Blossom is about to say something, when you see a yellow, balding pony walk towards you, a wide smile on his face. He comes to the table and, seeing Heartfelt, says, "Hey, Felty, how ya doin'?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Heartfelt returns the large grin. "Doing great! Guys, this is Golden Buck, owner of this fine establishment." She looks at Quilted and quickly gestures to the filly. "Oh! Goldie, this is somepony I'd like you to meet. Quilted, this is Golden Buck; he's a good friend of mine. Goldie, this is my daughter, Quilted Crafts."

Last edited by quietkal on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next