Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paper's Game

5 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Paper's Game - Page 4 Empty Re: Paper's Game

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:01 am

"A name? I may be creative at writing songs and that stuff, but for a name for this, I've got nothing."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:25 am

Ramsus wrote:"Well now that does sound like a good time!" Chance says and then realizes she's been standing around for a bit. "Well, I'd love to stick around and chat some more, but I should probably try and get the rest of these delivered before it gets dark." Chance says with a light laugh.
"Oh, okay dear. It's always nice to see you Chance. Say, do you mind delivering something for me?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:28 am

"Sure thing! Where to?" Chance replies, happy that she'll be able to tell Needles for sure that they'll have good chances of having things to do past just today's cleanup.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Ramsus wrote:"Sure thing! Where to?" Chance replies, happy that she'll be able to tell Needles for sure that they'll have good chances of having things to do past just today's cleanup.
Joy Cookie returns to her house, and returns after a minute of waiting, holding a pleasant smelling bag and an old and rather dusty envelope, already stamped, in her mouth placing them on the floor for you to pick up. "Sorry for the wait dear. Now here you go. The bag is for Pine Needles' birthday, and the letter is for a friend in Trottingham."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 pm

Chance smiles and says, "I'm sure Needles will appreciate it." Then she waves goodbye and leaves to the next house and says to herself "Trottingham huh?" and thinks about all the things she knows about Trottingham.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Lickity pokes the lingering dust cloud briefly, not sure how it'll fare without him continuing to add to it, before looking back over to Pine Needles and Starsong. "Unofficial Post Extension 2-H?"
He thinks for a moment, before shaking his head, "No, doesn't quite have that 'ring' to it. But yes! Tour!" He gestures to the room they're presently in, saying, "Well, this is the front office. It's where we take outgoing mail, and distribute stamps, and weigh packages..." He circles a hoof in the air. "So on so forth. Basically if it's a thing we do it gets done here. Most folks around here will just give you any mail they have when they see you, or ask you questions then, but occasionally somepony'll meet you here." He moves to the other doors in the office, opening them as he gets to them. "This one's the business office. It's got the standard regulations and forms and all that stuff. Which is less important since we're doing our own thing, but can be useful if you're not sure what a good course of postal action is. The water closet's through there. This one...this one's just a regular closet. Cleaning supplies are in here."
He moves to the last door, which is behind the counter. "Storage is back here, in case we need to hold onto a package for a bit. Mostly that's just outgoing stuff while we can't get to SJARDÖRPHN (the next town until Paper actually gives it a name)."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Ramsus wrote:Chance smiles and says, "I'm sure Needles will appreciate it." Then she waves goodbye and leaves to the next house and says to herself "Trottingham huh?" and thinks about all the things she knows about Trottingham.
"Thank you dear."

The next letter is for one Clear Beaker, a former student unicorn who headed up to Hushbrook to do research for his final project just before the trains stopped coming, and ended up settling down after being unable to get back (he's a fragile thing)...

quietkal wrote:He moves to the last door, which is behind the counter. "Storage is back here, in case we need to hold onto a package for a bit. Mostly that's just outgoing stuff while we can't get to SJARDÖRPHN (the next town until Paper actually gives it a name)."
"So, is there an office for the Post Master?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:"So, is there an office for the Post Master?"
Lickity shakes his head. "Not a separate one, just the business office. When there's only one postpony you don't really need somepony else to plan out the paths for them."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Chance goes and knocks on the door (if he's not inside a house you should have said so, it's not my fault for going to the default assumption ok?) and calls out, "Mail for Mr. Beaker!"

((Sure that's a little odd, but it'd be a pretty boring post to just say "Chance knocks on the door."))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:45 am

quietkal wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:"So, is there an office for the Post Master?"
Lickity shakes his head.  "Not a separate one, just the business office. When there's only one postpony you don't really need somepony else to plan out the paths for them."
"Well, I can live with that. I'm gonna go put some knick-knacks in there. Be right back!" And with that, Pine starts to hop skip and jump out of the post office...

Ramsus wrote:Chance goes and knocks on the door (if he's not inside a house you should have said so, it's not my fault for going to the default assumption ok?) and calls out, "Mail for Mr. Beaker!"
Soon, an orange thin unicorn with blue mane answers the door. "Mail?" he asks you, a curious and confused Clear Beaker asks...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:47 am

"That's right!" Chance says and then explains to him the situation while handing him his mail.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:15 am

Ramsus wrote:"That's right!" Chance says and then explains to him the situation while handing him his mail.
"Is Pine Needles even qualified to run a post office?" Beaker asks as he uses his magic to open his envelope and read his letter...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:19 am

Chance shrugs as if to say she was wondering the same thing and then says, "Well we've got Lickity Split with us anyhow and he was able to do it all by himself, so I'm sure we'll be just fine." After a long enough pause for Beaker to finish reading she asks, "So how have things been, haven't seen you around for a bit."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:32 am

As Clear Beaker reads the letter, his faces grows a look of confused dread. You can see him mouth the word "what" several times. Soon he finishes. "Yeah, erm," replies Beaker, mind obviously focusing on something else, "Well, things are going fine. I've been... erm... I'm sorry, how long has the post office had this letter for?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:13 am

"Well I think Lickity delivered all the letters while he was still postpony so I guess some point after that? It isn't dated?" Chance replies somewhat unsure.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Lickity opens a window for the dust to exit through (unless it's like a blizzard outside or some similar weather), before resuming sweeping with a smile on his face.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:55 am

quietkal wrote:Lickity opens a window for the dust to exit through (unless it's like a blizzard outside or some similar weather), before resuming sweeping with a smile on his face.
(The weather is light snow with some sunshine as well)

Ramsus wrote:"Well I think Lickity delivered all the letters while he was still postpony so I guess some point after that? It isn't dated?" Chance replies somewhat unsure.
"Yeah, I mean, it does, but..." Beaker looks at the letter again, sighs, and puts it down. "It's not important anyway. Not any more. Still, thanks for the letter." He puts on a brave smile, but you can see that the letter troubles him...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:01 am

"You're welcome... I guess? Want to tell me about it?" Chance asks gently.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Ramsus wrote:"You're welcome... I guess? Want to tell me about it?" Chance asks gently.
(Persuasion Check: 14 (Roll) + 15 (Skill) = 29)

Clear Beaker slowly levitates the letter back to him. "It's, erm, it's from my university," he answers is a hushed and disappointed tone. "My old university. See, when I sent my final dissertation to the university, I never got a reply. I figured that I failed, and erm, it wasn't like I was able to get out of this town, even in this weather." He lifts a hoof up to catch a snowflake as it slowly drifts as he gives a weak chuckle. "So I just settled down. Well, this letter says that my dissertation was accepted, and they wanted me back at the university to accept my degree." Clear Beaker falls silent and just rereads the letter to himself...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:54 pm

"Oh." Chance replies. After thinking for a moment she says, "Well, if that's still something you want to do, I guess you could write a letter explaining the situation and then I'd just have to see it got delivered then wouldn't I?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:24 pm

"So... Anything else I can help out with?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:20 am

Ramsus wrote:"Oh." Chance replies. After thinking for a moment she says, "Well, if that's still something you want to do, I guess you could write a letter explaining the situation and then I'd just have to see it got delivered then wouldn't I?"
"Yeah, yeah I guess. Still, I wasn't expecting this. Thank you for delivering it."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:22 am

"Ok. Well, I guess I'll be seeing you later." Chance says, getting the impression Beaker would like to be alone now.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:02 am

Ramsus wrote:"Ok. Well, I guess I'll be seeing you later." Chance says, getting the impression Beaker would like to be alone now.
Beaker smiles and waves at you as he closes the door...

For her next delivery, Chance has a parcel for... Silent Hill? The name is unfamiliar to you, but the address points towards the house of the creepy deer who lives there. Incredibly tall, unkempt, and never talks, just looks at you with the most intimidating stare you have ever seen. Some say he's lived in Hushbrook his entire life. Some of the younger ponies around say that he is a ghost, a deer who died in a winter snowstorm and now haunts his old home. Of course, you've seen him buy food and drinks in his occasional walks around, so that can't be true. Right?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:20 pm

"H-hello Mr. Hill. We're reopening the post office a-and it seems there was something addressed to you. Here you go. Um... how are you?" Chance says and bit nervously.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next