Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paper's Game

5 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Paper's Game - Page 5 Empty Re: Paper's Game

Post  quietkal Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Copper Rose wrote:"So... Anything else I can help out with?"
Without stopping cleaning, Lickity replies happily, "Another set of hooves cleaning would be appreciated. You could also help Pine with his nick-nacks as well, or peruse the regulations." He keeps talking, more to himself than to Starsong at this point. "A check on the storage would be a good idea as well, so we know if there's anything left over that's going out. Probably should prep a letter letting the actual offices know what we're doing, so mail doesn't just start showing up at their door. Ooh!" The mustached pone stops cleaning and looks at Starsong excitedly. "We could use the priority stamps!"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Ramsus wrote:"H-hello Mr. Hill. We're reopening the post office a-and it seems there was something addressed to you. Here you go. Um... how are you?" Chance says and bit nervously.
The deer snatches the parcel away and examines it, the only noise he makes is from inhaling and exhaling. After studying the package, he turns his icy gaze to you, a raggedy old scarf preventing you from reading his facial expression. You can only see his stare and his antlers on his vaguely pyramid-esque head...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:24 pm

"I.. uh.... guess I'll be going now. H-have a good day Mr. Hill." Chance says as she retreats.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Silent Hill watches you leave for a bit before turning back into his shack and closing the door...

The next package is for Summit Peak. Considering it is a big bag of coffee beans it was obvious it was for before you had even checked the address...

---

Meanwhile, back in the Post Office...

(Roll Perception Please...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Chance inspect the coffee beans to determine if they're still good and if so what the quality was and who/where they were from, etc.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:54 am

It's whole bean coffee, java, it's still in date, smells just fine. It's from a family of ponies Summit has told you about before. He met one of them in Equestria and made a connection, and now orders coffee from them at a discounted price. In fact, you remember him mumbling about a late delivery not too long ago...

---

Lickity and Starsong, you both hear the creaking of floorboards...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Concerned, Starsong goes over into the next room to try to investigate the sound of creaking floor boards (while very carefully flying in case that sound is the floor giving out or something).
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Lickity slows his cleaning and, after a moment, calls out towards the creaking, "Hello? Someone else here?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Chance smiles at the bag's contents and brings it over to the Peak Twin's Cafe.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:11 am

quietkal wrote:Lickity slows his cleaning and, after a moment, calls out towards the creaking, "Hello? Someone else here?"
"Yes," responds a call out...

Ramsus wrote:Chance smiles at the bag's contents and brings it over to the Peak Twin's Cafe.
As you walk into the cafe, you are greeted by the usual warm greeting that a loyal employee like you deserves...

"Why you late again?"

This is accompanied by a light poke of a broom, which Chance instinctively dodges by leaning away slightly. You know that Ridge Peak asks why you are late every single time you walk in, even when you are on time, early, or not even working that day. Literally the one times he doesn't say it is if you get to the cafe before he does. Meanwhile, Summit Peak sits at a counter, reading a magazine and shaking his head at his brother...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:23 am

Chance says, "Hi Ridge. Needles' birthday remember? Anyway, apparently he's declared himself lord tyrant of the post office and I found this there." She walks over to Summit as she speaks and hands him the bag of coffee beans. "Guess that explains why that was late. Raises the question of why someone brought it to a closed boarded up post office but...." and at this she shrugs.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:31 am

Paper Shadow wrote:"Yes," responds a call out...
Lickity looks to Starsong to make sure she's not the one replying before trotting toward where the voice was coming from.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:35 am

Ramsus wrote:Chance says, "Hi Ridge. Needles' birthday remember? Anyway, apparently he's declared himself lord tyrant of the post office and I found this there." She walks over to Summit as she speaks and hands him the bag of coffee beans. "Guess that explains why that was late. Raises the question of why someone brought it to a closed boarded up post office but...." and at this she shrugs.
"Ah, good show, good show," responds Summit as he takes the bag. He opens it up and gets a good sniff. "Ah, top notch stuff. And here I was just thinking the post office was just being dodgy."

quietkal wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:"Yes," responds a call out...
Lickity looks to Starsong to make sure she's not the one replying before trotting toward where the voice was coming from.
It isn't Starsong saying that. As you move towards the voice, a red colt jumps out in front of you. "Freeze!" shouts the colt, "You are under arrest!"

This is Bright Badge, the son of Hot Fuzz, the local police officer. He idolizes his father, who is competent but because Hushbrook is such a small place the most he ever does is settle disputes. Still, Bright Badge loves his dad, and will often follow him around imitating him (or at least, his ideal view of his father)...

Last edited by Paper Shadow on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:43 am

"Well have a good day you two." and with that Chance goes outside and roots around in the bag for any more mail. And she discovers something addressed to herself as well as Starsong and Lickity Split. "Odd...." she remarks and contemplates opening it right then and there, but figures it'd be better to just bring it to the others and open it together.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:06 am

Paper Shadow wrote:It isn't Starsong saying that. As you move towards the voice, a red colt jumps out in front of you. "Freeze!" shouts the colt, "You are under arrest!"
Lickity takes a half-step back, before shaking his head and mock rubbing out an ear with a hoof. "I'm right here; ya don' have t' shout." He pauses for a moment more before resuming, "So wha's the problem, lil' officer?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:02 am

quietkal wrote:Lickity takes a half-step back, before shaking his head and mock rubbing out an ear with a hoof. "I'm right here; ya don' have t' shout." He pauses for a moment more before resuming, "So wha's the problem, lil' officer?"
"You broke into the post office!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:04 am

Paper Shadow wrote:"You broke into the post office!"
"Broke in? I've got a key and I work here."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:00 pm

quietkal wrote:"Broke in? I've got a key and I work here."
"Nuh-uh, the post office has been closed for years, no pony works here, and it was all boarded up!"

"Lickity, is that you?" the first voice calls out again from the first room, deeper and more gruff than the voice of Bright Badge...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:"Nuh-uh, the post office has been closed for years, no pony works here, and it was all boarded up!"

"Lickity, is that you?" the first voice calls out again from the first room, deeper and more gruff than the voice of Bright Badge...
Lickity quickly walks to the room Hot Fuzz is in. He respectfully says, "Yes sir. Can I help you with something?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:29 pm

quietkal wrote:Lickity quickly walks to the room Hot Fuzz is in. He respectfully says, "Yes sir. Can I help you with something?"
"Well, we're just curious why the boards over the door were ripped off." Hot Fuzz scratches his moustache, "Were you just missing this old place?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:49 am

Paper Shadow wrote:"Well, we're just curious why the boards over the door were ripped off." Hot Fuzz scratches his moustache, "Were you just missing this old place?"
"Well, yeah that too, but we're here for the..." He stares at Hot Fuzz worriedly for a moment, before facehoofing and saying tiredly, "Pine hasn't said anything to anyone about revamping the post office, has he."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:52 am

quietkal wrote:"Well, yeah that too, but we're here for the..." He stares at Hot Fuzz worriedly for a moment, before facehoofing and saying tiredly, "Pine hasn't said anything to anyone about revamping the post office, has he."
"Doing what now?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:55 pm

"Needles decided that him, Lickity, Chance and I should work to get the post office back up and running again, though I'm not sure how this is connected to today being his birthday." Starsong says, dropping to the floor.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:02 pm

"Is that so?" replies Hot Fuzz as his son moves next to him. "Did anypony know about this beforehand?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Lickity finishes his face hoof and gently shakes his head slightly. "Not any other locals, I don't think. We only learned of his plan within the last hour, actually."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next