Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makara IC

4 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Makara IC  - Page 17 Empty Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Ketha but takes a second to realise why Steam was looking and grinning at her and Adelinde. She turns her head away. "There's no one I wish to see."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:53 pm

“O-oh.”
Steam noticeably wilts for a moment, but recovers somewhat and shifts attention to Adelinde. “What about you Addie? Did you wanna see some of the people you came in with?”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:01 am

Adelinde hums as she looks around. Deciding not to bother the builders for fear of potential injury, but resolving to explore the built up areas if she ever gets the chance. She looks off towards the possible tower and walls, wondering how viable going there might be, before deciding to consider it later and beginning the climb down with Nyx. She's just making her way down the wall when she catches the conversation. Frowning slightly at Char's voice but quickly shaking it off in favor of sorting out what's being said.

"Salty Pete you mean? Yes, I would like to see how he's been if he's around. Older human, former adventurer and captain of the ship I was caught in, and tends to go on and on? Especially when he drinks, if they're being allowed any drinks..."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:07 am

Char laughs at this and replies, "Yes we're 'wasting resources' making alcohol. The Boar doesn't approve but I've assured him its critical to keeping morale up. And most of the wells and such are collapsed so a lot of the fresh water needs to be used for crops anyway. I'll check if the captain is around, we told you he's captain of a ship now right? Anyway, if his ship is in we'll send him over to see you. Is.... that it? Just one person?" She finishes looking a bit confused and like she'd been expecting a list of people rather than a single name.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:22 am

Adelinde shrugs a little. "Yes, he mentioned before he was going to be sailing a ship for you all." She looks a little uncomfortable before sighing. "...Uncle Pete was the only one on the ship I really knew as more than an acquaintance. ...aside from that if there's time between our being sent out at some point I'd like to perform but..." She shrugs as if she doesn't really expect that to happen.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:26 am

"I'm sure the men would love some entertainment!" Char replies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:34 am

Adelinde blinks, furrows her brows for a moment before she narrows her eyes suspiciously. "I don't know you very well but I'm pretty sure you're taunting me... Do so at your own peril. I am a Bard who was raised around sailors. You have no idea the kinds of songs you could find yourself featuring in!"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:39 am

Char laughs at this some more, "I wasn't but that sounds like fun! But don't do that I'm pretty sure a few of my old crew would gut you like a fishy fish for that kind of thing. And they don't really know anything about fishing!" and she laughs again at her own "joke?".

"Well performing for the fighty fight people would be preferable but if you want to do your bard thing at some of the worky work people that's fine too. Someone will come get you... at some point. I don't know, I'm not going to be the one in charge of organizing it."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:45 am

"Either or both would be fine by me. Performing helps me relax, it'd raise my own spirits as much as I hope it would theirs." She gives Char a small nod and a somewhat hesitant but grateful smile. "...thank you."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:48 am

"Thank me." Char replies. It's unclear what she means by this.
"How many performances are you wanting to do?" she asks.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:53 am

"If it's between sitting around doing nothing in particular or performing, I'd be happy to perform as often as I'm allowed. I assume you all want us to actually succeed at the tasks you assign us and would have me rest before one so..." She shrugs again as she slides of Nyx's back with a slight 'hup!'
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:56 am

Char just stares blankly at this unclear answer and says. "Ok then." and walks off. The guy who was asking if there was anything you all needed follows along after her. A little ways away you notice her say something to him and then a bit later he's giving her a piggy back ride.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:59 am

Steam calls out “Bye!! See you at some point!” after Char and does a great big wave, before moving over to a bed and collapsing onto it with a sigh of relief. “Think we could come see you dance too, Adelinde? Might be fun.”

Parveth intends to meditate for just a little while before busting out one of the books she picked up in Lo’toth. Probably take another crack at the super dry nature of existence one.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:11 am

And such goes the first day of rest.

Shockingly the next day occurs. Nothing much occurs until the first meal is brought to you. The half-orc and gnome pair that bring it wait around for you all to finish eating and the gnome asks, "Is whichever one of you is Miss Adelinde ready to perform? And are any of the rest of you coming?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:58 am

Ketha shakes her head when asked if she is coming along. "Break a leg," she comment to Adelinde...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:33 pm

"ah, already? Certainly, just one moment!" Adelinde says as she quickly gets up and scampers to collect her lyre, giving a short bow towards Ketha at her well wishes before turning to the pair. "Lead the way!"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:37 pm

The first place they lead Adelinde (and whoever else comes along) to is fairly nearby. A group of about eighty or so of the Boar's Men have equipment laid out in a fairly open space and are working on maintaining said equipment.

The gnome asks Adelinde, "Do you need anything? If not, you can start whenever."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Adelinde nods and moves to a place where she can sit comfortably, rapping on the side of her lyre a bit to get some attention before starting to play. Starting with something fairly mellow but upbeat and working the energy up or down with subsequent songs depending on the mood of the crowd.

performance:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:46 pm

It goes over pretty well with the Boar's Men. You can tell the disciplined ones from the rest as they continue working.

Later on Adelinde is taken to a few more locations. A field, nearby where some people are repairing a road, and where there is a building being put up are some of the other locations. The workers all seem particularly happy for the music to enjoy.

On average Adelinde doesn't feel like any of her performances were absolutely amazing, but they were plenty good.

It's nearing dusk by the time she's taken back "home".
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:14 pm

If the guards or Adelinde don’t oppose it, Steam and Parveth are actually also gonna go watch her perform. Y’know, support your friends and stuff.
Parveth just kinda hangs out in the back, debatable if she’s mentally present.
Steam’s very vocal about how she’s enjoying the performance.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:35 pm

As the others spend the day out, Ketha toils away converting her scrolls into her spellbook. Mibis provided company as she worked, but as it gets late, she turns to the Squire Scarf for conversation. She picks up the scarf carefully and brings it to her neck. "Squire, have you any tales of previous owners?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:39 pm

"I do milady. What kind of tale would you wish to hear?" the scarf replies.

Last edited by Ramsus on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:51 pm

"Know any heroic ones?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:54 pm

"Many. Would you care to be more specific milady?" the scarf asks.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Ketha thinks for a moment. "A tale where... the hero outwits their captors. And at the end there is a celebration." While she is aware that no story of heroes escaping from the clutches of evil will aid her in her own situation, she could at least hear how a story similar to her own is told to give an idea about how her's will sound...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next