Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makara IC

4 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Makara IC  - Page 19 Empty Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:02 am

Steam, surprised, raises her head for just a split second, before returning to resting state. There is a moment that Ketha could conceivably sneak her hand out if she cares about that. "I'unno, probably not, not unless like all of you decided to stay. I enjoy messing around with Char, but this place is pretty sad. I'd rather be somewhere else if I can help it."

Parveth actually looks up from her book, briefly setting it down to focus on the conversation. "I...am not sure. Unlikely at current, I think. My family's name calls to me, but it might be wiser to let this lie and let the Boar clean some of the wounds from here. I would consider the option."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:15 pm

Ketha nods to each answer. She takes her hand away from Steam's shoulder when she gets the oppotunity to respect her personal space. "I wouldn't. But if anyone does, I understand," she concludes solemnly...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Adelinde snorts and crosses her arms as she sits down on one of the beds. "For my part, I'll be glad to put this place behind me and look forward to forgetting it. All the history or power in the world wouldn't make up for... for the circumstances!"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:35 pm

Over the next few days not a whole lot happens.

Ketha reads though her book on Shadow Arcana and makes as much progress with it as she thinks she'll be able to for now.

Parveth reads more of A Treatise on Elvish Nature. She basically winds up re-reading the same tale they heard from Xin. There's a few slightly different ways of saying more or less the same things, though with possibly different connotations. The author ponders on whether or not this creation tale is literal or figurative, though doesn't come to a definite conclusion mostly because the elves are fey creatures and what is a possible origin for them could reasonably be just about anything.

The next part talk about the difference in physical nature between the elven races. The author agrees with the general opinion that the Eladrin, those fey that still remain mostly in the Feywild are the closest to what they once were.
On high elves and wood elves he states that though their focus is more towards magic or nature, they mostly still look very much the same because they haven't really diverged that much from each other in any essential way. They certainly have diverged from the eladrin and more strongly rooted themselves to this world, thus why they have unchanging shapes.
As for the drow, they too have take roots here and no longer change shape. But have incorporated the essence of shadows and darkness into themselves, perhaps a literal divine touch of Lolth's. Thus why their skin is black and hair is white, when most other creatures that live in darkness are of completely pale complexion.
He also notes a bunch of minor differences in regularity of features like certain mouth, eye, and nose shapes between High elves, Wood elves, and Drow. The only thing that really stands out as meaningful is that wood elves apparently have a few extra leg muscles high elves and drow don't possess.

When he addresses half-elves he posits the question of whether or not elves are in some way essentially superior to other races and whether or not half-elves being possible is proof that this isn't true. He counters this idea by noting that he believes that the reason humans are so adaptable to various locals and ways of living is perhaps a divine blessing and this allows them to partially incorporate the natural greatness of elves into their shared offspring at least in part.

With lunch on the fourth day of rest Salty Pete shows up with a bunch of fish (and other food to go with it).
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Upon spotting Salty Pete coming, Adelinde jumps up and runs over. She stops in front of him and seems like she wants to say something, but after a moment simply gives him a quick hug and a look over as she walks with him back to group. "So...how have you been? You're fishing?" She finally manages to get out, saying the last part a bit hopefully.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:48 pm

"Ah! Girl. 'M glad ta see ya again too! That's right. They ga' me a big ol' ship an' we been out there collectin' all sorts! Though they say soons enough I'mma be training others how ta sail. Who'da thought after all these years huh young Miss?" Salty Pete replies, seeming pretty happy with his lot in life.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Adelinde gives him a genuine smile and a pat on the back. "I'm glad things have been going so well for you Uncle. Ah! How rude of me, Everyone, this is my uncle of sorts, Pete! uncle, these are my friends, Parveth, Steam, and Ketha! We're working together to win our freedom."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Salty Pete smiles at this and holds out a hand to shake to the others, "Nice ta meet ya girls!"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:55 pm

Parveth & Steam minilogues over the days skip:
Steam enthusiastically shakes his hand. "Great to meet you!"
"Family of Adelinde's will be welcome wherever I am. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Parveth gives the man a small smile and a nod while getting her food, not feeling the need to shake his hand. She pays him polite attention, but does continue to eat in small bites.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:12 am

Parveth can't really tell as the author didn't provide a detailed diagram and even if he had he just meant more muscle fibers in existing muscle groups, not entirely new groups. Maybe if she had a disconnected wood elf and other humanoid creature leg to compare to she could find out.

Steam discovers pretty much anything that falls within the reasonable limits of "clothing" works. She can have things connected by thin strings or wires, but if this would result in them trying to behave in a way the material wouldn't actually the illusion breaks and the armor reverts to its default appearance. Still, she can make the illusion be down to nothing more than string underwear (or a lack of underwear and string something else I guess) if she wants. She can also do a few things that would be incredibly uncomfortable like being things way heavier or heavier in specific places than she would ordinarily be comfortable with (or even capable) of wearing. She also discovers the illusion has to be of clothes that reasonably fit her, so no super stretched out (un-ripped) clothes for gnomes or anything so big it would be made for giants. And she does figure out how to do a very banner-like cape or scarf lifted up above or behind her on thin metal poles (which would normally be pretty painful if this was made into real clothes but would at least technically speaking function). Of course its just as easy to accomplish the same sort of thing with a coat of arms.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:34 pm

Ketha does not welcome the man nor shake his hand. She crosses her arms and looks down at Pete silently. He may be Adelinde's uncle of sorts, but he is also one of The Boar's men, and that garners no respect from Ketha...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:03 pm

Adelinde winces and sends Ketha a pleading look over Salty Pete's shoulder.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:32 pm

Ketha catches sight of Adelinde's look. It takes a second or two, but she relents, lowering her arms to her side and utters a simple "Hello."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:43 pm

Steam watches in amazement as Ketha relents. She’s learned pleading can work.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:45 pm

Salty Pete shrugs at this, seeming to think Ketha is just a stoic kind of person, and says it's nice to meet her.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Shortly after that and some more small talk Salty Pete takes his leave. Not much happens after that for the rest of the day.

In the early morning the next day you all awaken to Char barging into "your house" with a magical disc with various kinds of containers sitting atop of it along with your other equipment floating behind her. "Is everyone ready for another exciting quest!? Please take these containers. I will need you to make your way through one of Kelfas' famous towers and collect for me whatever valuable materials you can. I'm expecting things like spell components, scrolls, tomes, potions and other concoctions, but if you find anything else you think is especially valuable or useful please do your best to collect it. I would recommend a gentle touch, you may find things there to be in quite a fragile state after all this time. I have to run, but Drab here will guide you, take care! Get me good things! Don't die!" and with that she lwers her floating disc spell until it touches the ground and ends the spell and all the containers and equipment drop the last inch or two with a great clattering around you and she takes off.

After she leaves you see waiting outside the door, well within range of hearing, a dull gray-brown dragoborn just under six feet tall. "Hello I am Dravar. Please follow me, it will be quite the walk. To the east." he greets in the most dull unenthusiastic voice any of you can ever recall hearing in your lives.

Anyone who wants to go ahead and make a History check about Kelfas' towers, particularly the one you may be heading to.

Items that Char brought: 4 Baskets, 8 glass bottles, 8 clay bottles, 4 buckets, 16 small pouches, 4 empty component pouches, 4 flasks, 12 scroll cases, 4 sacks, 12 vials, 1 small chest, 1 lock, and 1 block & tackle.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:46 am

After the party sorts out who is carrying what and rearms themselves with their equipment, Ketha moves up to and inspects Dravar, noting his half-plate armor, sword, longbow, and small stature (smaller than her, at least). Ketha hasn't really interacted with other dragonborns for any notable amount of time outside of her family or visits to Anvil, but seeing as this was one of the Boar's men, that won't be changing today...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:41 pm

History checks (they did poorly):

"Okay bye Char!" Steam calls after the mage, before turning attention to the new dragonborn with a grin. "Howdy Dravar! How long you been part of the Boar's crew?"

Parveth grabs a blanket or two and uses it to tuck some of the fragile containers into a basket or bucket, trying to make it safer to transport those containers and whatever they end up holding.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:50 pm

"I joined the Boar when he came to Asatol and asked for volunteers." Dravar answers blandly.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Steam whistles appreciatively. "That's quite a while. Neat! Have you been to the towers we're going to before? I mean like, inside them, if you're leading us there you've probably been in the general location."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:05 pm

"I have only seen the outside of the tower we are going to before and also the one that fell in the center. The other two remaining towers are to the south where it is still unsafe." Dravar replies flatly.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Adelinde frowns slightly at the mention of volunteers while she sorts out her equipment but otherwise continues silently as she wracks her mind about the towers.

History Roll:

Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Ketha and Adelinde both know that there were five towers in old Kelfas. One to the northwest, northeast, southwest, southeast, and the largest by far in the center of the city. They each had different purposes but were certainly places of arcane study and likely anchors or focal points for a lot of the city effect magic.
Adelinde also knows that the northwest and central towers were known to have been destroyed in the fall of Kelfas. Additionally they were supposedly the tallest structures she ever read about, especially the central tower, and each made of magical materials and each had a unique look. She doesn't know what materials the northwest and southeast towers were supposed to be made of, but she's read the northeast was made of greenstone*, the one to the southwest sometimes called the Black Tower was made of new moon basalt**, and the central tower was apparently made of a mix of different materials though she's unsure of exactly what that means.

After several hours of travel you apparently have arrived at your destination. You've traveled far to the east of the city, you can smell the ocean now though you never actually could see the docks, and then a bit farther south than you've been yet. In this particular area there are a lot more still standing, though heavily damaged, structures. Though they seem to stand between collapsed ones as well.
As you've approached you've noticed in the distance a weird looking structure or ruin you couldn't quite figure out for a while. When Dravar stops and points it out though, you can finally get a good look. "I'll wait here. You can rest your feet a bit. There it is." he says and points at..... well it certainly was a tower at some point.

About a twenty minute walk from where you are is a somewhat surreal picture, as if you're seeing the massive grayish-green tower's fall frozen in time. But what you're actually seeing is the pieces of the broken tower collapsed in a backwards Z-like formation onto/into other less tall structures that have remained standing beneath it. The first few floors of the tower remain as you would expect for the base of a tower, upright and on the ground. But it's broken from there and the next section leans far to the right at an ~50 degree angle and smashed into a tall building at least a dozen or more stories high which actually has some of its structure still standing up above where the piece of tower intersects with it. From there the third section of the lower leans sharply back and to the left at a ~135 degree angle where it the top of it has smashed down into the top of another tall building about twice the size of the other one. The fourth and final piece of the tower leans back much less but is tilted up and to the right at a much sharper ~70-75 degree angle with the middle of it supported underneath by the tallest other building yet that it must have fallen atop of and crushed many floors of without somehow toppling. At the very top and farthest right of the broken tower is a large glass or glass-like dome.
No other tall buildings nearby these remain standing higher than the second or third floor.

*What adamantine is to iron, greenstone is to limestone basically... though always green.
**^^, new moon basalt is magical basalt formed under a new moon and is just as black as one.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 pm

Ketha can only stare in befuddlement as she tries to understand the logistics of both how the tower is and has been suspended in time for so long and how the party is suppose to navigate through it, concluding her thoughts to the group with a solitary "...How?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Parveth takes a moment to stretch and look over their surroundings again,
but seems pretty at ease with their multiple hour trek.

Steam, stumbling, big anime spirals for eyes, manages to conjure the extremely comfy chair before collapsing onto it. The way she’s laying across it can’t be comfortable, but she lets out a huge sigh of relief as she hits it.
“Bluhhhhhh. Why couldn’t we take a wagonnnn....”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next