Makara IC

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:16 am

Xin smiles and replies, "A good question! It would be approved of to do so if it would advance your plans, especially if you could do it in a subtle manner. But otherwise it might be better to hold onto that information so you can use it should an opportunity arises."
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1579
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:35 pm

As the group indicates they have made their decisions, Steam and Adelinde deciding to worship Lolth and Parveth and Ketha deciding they will not, Xin bids the two who will remain outside goodbye for now and takes Steam and Adelinde inside the grand temple. Seeing this, Zarethria and Nendriia head inside as well.

Parveth and Ketha are outside the temple alone, getting the frequent curious look from passerby's, and having the company of Zarenthria's guards.

Steam and Adelinde are led through the large doors of the grand temple. Inside the building is just as impressive. In fact it's probably the most impressive, still in use, building she has ever seen. There's a lot of impressive architectural work and there's something definitely artistic and deliberate in the way the shadows are cast. In general there's a lot of black and gold and purple.
They are led to a room and asked to undress and put on very simple baptismal robes. They appear to be thin simple cotton or such that has been dyed black. Inside the room there is various spider iconography and a large symbol of Lolth up on the far wall. Most notably there is an octagonal pool, which appears to be fairly shallow but filled with what looks like water..... if water were pitch black.

They are lead in some prayers and there's a bit of ritual that goes on with some shadow play involving candles. Then they are asked to lie down face up in the pool and hold their breath and think on their desire to pay homage to Lolth. They are then gently submerged. The pool is cool, but not cold, and it does appear that despite the blackness it is indeed just water (or at least mainly water).
While under the water they feel all their sensations slip away. And then they feel a presence that seems to look inside them to see if they truly intend to worship Lolth.

((So do Steam and Adelinde honestly intend to do so?))
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1579
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:31 pm

Steam instictively starts breathing the water once they're dunked. She tries not to be super obvious about it, but it's definitely happening.


Yeah, Steam will worship Lolth.

It's not going to be zealous; it's more of a like 'well I'm gonna be trying to accrue power and sometimes machinate things anyway.' It'd have to be a pretty specific setup for her to try and recruit someone to also follow Lolth, and she's almost definitely not gonna go around killing people just because they refuse to worship the Spider Queen.

But she'll throw some praise Lolth's way every now and then.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:32 pm

Adelinde sets Lizzie to sit with her clothes during the ritual and simply holds her breath as she's dunked, lacking any ability to breath water and not particularly wanting to know what exactly they put in it to turn it black even if she could.

Adelinde does indeed intend to worship Lolth. Not fanatically mind, but she can appreciate that sometimes you need a more subtle touch. If she comes across a case where she feels someone would legitimately be a good fit for Lolth or would benefit best from her blessing over another's she'll try to sell them on it. She also is probably not gonna try to murder someone over it. But if she did decide to murder someone for other reasons, it'd probably be through subtle and sneaky ways.

Also spiders are cool, unlike ants.

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:51 pm

The pair both feel the presence intensify and it seems pleased. They feel as if a few ephemeral strands wrap around them and tie them to something far far away in a metaphysical way. And then they are suddenly being gently lifted back up out of the water by the hands of drow acolytes.
The acolytes dry them off with towels and then they get dressed and are ushered along to another room. Xin gives them a pleased smile and hands each of them a Lolth prayer book. (These give advantage on Religion checks regarding Lolth assuming you have time to consult them or you've read them cover to cover.)

The acolytes and Xin depart when they reach a white door that quite stands out. "This is the Quiet Room. One of the most holy places and only used in important circumstances. It is necessary our talks take place here to ensure that none in my city will question it if I agree that our sibling city truly means to depart in peace." explains Nendriia.
Stepping into the room they see an octagonal table in the center with a chair at each side. The room itself seems to be roughly spherical with concave indentations all along the walls. ((It kind of looks like an inverted golf ball.))
Nendriia ushers Steam and Adelidne to sit while she and Zarenthria sit directly across from each other.
She looks to the pair and asks, "So tell me. What are your intentions and what do you believe the intentions of Lo'Toth are?"
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1579
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:52 pm

A moderate amount of the black water exits Steam's mouth as they bring her head back above the surface.

"I think the other city does just want some personal space, and we've got plenty of frontier up top if they can help us clear the land. Mutually beneficial, y'know?"
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:41 pm

MEANWHILE, AT THE SPIDER CARRIAGE
While she would be content to watch and wait for the rest of the party to return, Parveth finds the moment without a certain water genasi present. She looks over to Ketha and posits, “In the interest of forewarning, Steam seems to have taken an interest in you. Given how she has not been prancing around today nor pouted the entire time, I assume she did not make an attempt to get intimate yesterday. She will make this attempt in the near future. I do not take sides in Steam’s romantic pursuits; I merely want you to be aware of her intentions.”
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Ketha gives a quizzical look. "I doubt Steam sees me like that."
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 842
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Parveth turns from the dragonborn a little, her disbelief fairly evident. "If you say so." She pulls out a cigarette, lights it and takes a long drag.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:42 pm

Ketha frowns. "Are you okay, Parveth?"
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 842
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:06 pm

"Oh! Er," She gathers her thoughts for a moment, a lock of her hair spooling free to hang before her face. "I have certainly been better. Having a year and more of preparation for restoring my family name destroyed in front of me was not something I particularly enjoyed. But I suppose my goal is still achievable and some of my retinue survived, so...that's good. Another lesson in minding your time and the length of a year. New considerations must be made, but leaving should be significantly easier than arriving at the ruins, supplemented by the boons afforded us by the Boar when we complete his trials." She sort of stares at Ketha for a moment, before in almost mock social courtesy asking, "How are you?"
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:50 am

Ketha considered interrupting to clarrify she meant how Parveth was feeling about the whole 'your friend is about to pledge devotion to a god you clearly despise', but thought better of it. Clearly Parveth wanted to avoid the topic and for good reason. Ketha listened, but couldn't help but pout as she finished her last sentence. "Still the prisoner of a brute," she answers bluntly...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 842
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Parveth kind of recognizes that her answer wasn’t what Ketha wanted, but without more indication what the dragonborn wanted she doesn’t follow up. “Mmm. That is a fair attitude. I am sorry I do not share it; our introductions to the Boar have been vastly different. We at least have an opportunity to further our influence under them.”
She sort of pauses as she recognizes that they probably shouldn’t compare their position to slaves’ around the guards’ prying ears, especially as they try to broker a sort of peace and act as in a position of influence. Or specify that their leader is a male, which she thinks the Drow might believe as a sign of their weakness and a point to take advantage of.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:50 pm

The guards don't appear to have taken any special note of what's been said.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1579
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:43 pm

Adelinde looks around the quiet room, quietly wondering what the point of the indentations would be as she takes a seat with Steam. "We don't have any personal intentions beyond helping this meeting go smoothly. We believe Lo'Toth is genuine in their stated intentions to relocate peacefully."

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:43 pm

After Steam and Adelinde reply, Zarenthria also answers saying that her intentions here are to prevent a war from starting as they move the people of her city to the surface.

Nendriia nods at this and smiles. Then she asks, "What about your companions who didn't join you in devotion to Lolth? Will they attempt to interfere in any way? And if they do, would you try to stop them?"
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1579
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:48 pm

"I don't believe they would attempt to interfere with a peaceful resolution to things. And if they were insane enough to try, I would try to stop them as I have no intention nor desire to be caught up in a needless and preventable war."

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Steam's face scrunches up. "Yeah, I don't know what they'd interfere with? The plan to not instigate a war? Because I'm pretty confident everyone's in that boat. The boat being 'do-not-start-a-war'."
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Nendriia nods at this and then says, "While your words on this matter are appreciated, we require something further. A bit of tangible and symbolic bit of proof. A long time ago important religious symbols of our two cities were stolen. We believed by agents of the other. Though whether or not that is true doesn't matter much for us right now. What does matter is that I wish for ours to be returned."

At this Zarenthria asks somewhat sharply, "And not ours?"

Nendriia pauses for a moment, clearly thinking over how she wants to word her reply, before saying, "We would be more assured of how serious your intentions are to leave in peace if you were willing to give up claim to it to do so."

Zarenthria at this point is clearly a bit annoyed but not furiously angry as you might expect if she hadn't expected something at least a bit like this. "I understand. I believe we risk that peace if your demand is to keep both. It would also be..... tricky to acquire."

Nendriia nods and again thinks for a moment. "Then perhaps we could have our guests assist in this matter and as compensation they could keep yours after ours is returned to us?"

Zarenthria very quickly rebuts, as if she had expected that exact reaction, "It would be more fair to let them keep the one of their choice."

Nendriia frowns at this and thinks it over. "That would be acceptable." Then she turns to Steam and Adelinde, "So, will you and your friends assist us with this matter?"
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1579
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:02 pm

Steam shrugs and says, "Makes sense to me, we should want to help as we're able. Y'know, depending on how irrecoverably lost to the ages they are or how many other cities need to be deterred from war."
She starts to turn to Adelinde, but decides against whatever she was thinking.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:02 pm

"We'd have to know what exactly we're expected to do before we could say for sure. I think we'd be willing to help though."

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:08 pm

Nendriia gives a face that's half smile half frown like she understands why neither of you chose to commit to it but it would have been more convenient for her if you'd just simply said yes. Then she nods and says, "That will have to do then. I can only assume Lesser Councilor Zarenthria will not be telling you the details in my presence, so I will simply leave it up to her to ensure that what needs to be done is done. You are free to leave when you are ready."
Having said her piece she stands up and leaves the Quiet Room.

Zarenthria for her part nods that yes indeed she's not going to be discussing the details here and gets up to leave as well.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1579
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Steam kind of calls after Nendriia, "It was nice meeting you!" Not shouting, just as a surprised farewell she feels should be made.
She kind of stalls leaving the room, wanting very much to test what happens if an untruth is told in here. In almost a whisper to herself, she says "I definitely can't use fire magic."

Is that the truth?:
No of course not ya dummy
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:29 pm

Despite the fact that she whispered it, everyone in the room hears Steam's lying lying words as if she shouted it full volume.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1579
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:58 pm

Steam startles at the shout, but then giggles and has just a big dumb grin on her face now. "That was louder than I thought it was gonna go." A wicked idea strikes her, and she starts saying things like "This sentence is false!" and "In this sentence I said the word 'candlestick'..." and then either 'once' or 'twice,' whichever would be incorrect for her current volume of voice.
Spoiler:
It was, in fact, louder than she thought it was going to be.

When the room doesn’t respond to her attempts to provoke it, she pouts a little before moving to follow Zarenthria to whatever new location they’re going to talk at.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum