Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makara IC

4 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Makara IC  - Page 11 Empty Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:52 pm

As you leave the room Steam and Adelinde see Nendriia head off somewhere, going up a stairway. They head back to the entryway where they are met by their friend(?) Xin, who is holding a folded up garment of some kind, and a giant (medium size) black hairless spider that looks a bit like one of the celestial spider breeds they saw earlier.

Seeing the pair, Xin approaches. "All went well then? As promised, we present you with these baptismal gifts. This is for you...." she says and hands over what appears to be a cloak with a spiderweb pattern to Steam.

"And this is for you." she says to Adelinde an indicates the giant spider. <"This is your new partner."> she says to the spider in Elvish, which actually nods in response indicating it understands. She then takes the time to tell Adelinde some facts about her new companion.

When she's finished, she asks, "Is there anything more I can do for you?"

Here be the stats on your gifts.

Steam's Gift:

Adelinde's Gift:
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:10 am

"Ooh! This is so nice!" Steam rubs the cloak against her face, feeling the silk while Xin explains spider care.
After a moment of indulging in the smooth silkiness, she tucks the cloak under an arm and begins to do a deep think if there's anything else that she needs. She mumbles "By you specifically...?" as she considers...something. There's plenty of time for Adelinde or Xin to say something before her mind is made up.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Xin raises an eyebrow at Steam.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:22 pm

“You know anything about magic keys?”

Insight: 7 = (4) +3
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Xin smiles and replies, "Well I know there are probably some around down here somewhere." and gives Steam a shrug.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Steam kinda nods, expecting about as much information. “Yeah that’s what people keep telling me, everyone seems to know they exist but not anything else about them. I’m starting to think there’s no set at all.” She nods sagely, as if she’d just come to a deep truth.

She has something else that she wants to ask, but like I’m pausing here in case Xin wants to continue this line of discussion.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:12 pm

"Set?" Xin muses to herself, apparently a bit confused.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:18 pm

"Mhmm! There's apparently a bunch of them that were all made by the same person or something, and having multiple is supposed to unlock additional abilities of each."

>intention to vaguely hide that she has one of these keys is present
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Xin looks further confused by this for a bit and puts a hand to her chin in thought. There's a bit of a pause while she clearly thinks about something before she asks, "You don't happen to have any of these keys I could take a look at do you?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:36 pm

“Well, I have a key, I couldn’t tell you if it’s part of the set because I haven’t found any keys to have it interact with.” She starts rustling around in pockets. “If you wanna see it that’s fine, just don’t go walking off with it.”
Steam pulls out the Lockand with a flourish. “We’ve already had it Identified, if that’s your goal.”

Last edited by quietkal on Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:54 pm

"And what does it do?" Xin asks as she looks it over. When she's done with it,Zarenthria also looks it over assuming Steam allows it. Then the two of them share a look that you can't really read and shrug and hand the key back to Steam.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Yeah Zarenthria can also manipulate it, Steam’s not worried.
“Locks things. Makes them more sturdily shut.” The key disappears in a flourish back into her pockets. She casually flips her hair, sending it rippling in waves. "Admittedly, I haven't tried actually using it, that's just what we've learned."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Adelinde gasps at the sight of the giant spider and rushes over. "She's gorgeous!"  she whispers and begins patting it gently trying to see if there's anywhere it prefers to be scratched. "Does she have a name? If not..." Hearing Xin speak to the spider in Elvish and it seem to understand she decides to try speaking to the spider in kind. "...how do you feel about being called Nyx?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Aside from too close to the eyes and mouth, the spider seems happy enough with being touched wherever. It chitters happily at the compliment and gives an affirmative nod at the name and then points a questioning limb at Adelinde.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:53 pm

"Ah, my name is Adelinde. A pleasure to meet you Nyx!" she says with a little curtsy followed by an affectionate pat along the spiders back.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:55 pm

Nyx gives another happy chitter and misinterprets the deliberate back-pat as the signal for "I want to ride you now" and bends down to allow Adelinde to mount her.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:06 am

Adelinde didn't intend for that to happen but after a moments consideration doesn't see any reason not to at least get a feel for how this is supposed to work and climbs aboard Nyx. "Alright, how about we just go for a little ride to get used to each other!" She proceeds to direct Nyx to skitter about at various paces, up walls, and such.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 pm

The water genasi watches Adelinde and Nyx skitter and scooter for a minute before giving Xin a pleasant farewell and skipping back over to her companions at the cart, her smile widening a bit as she gets closer. "Hey friends! Guess which deity now also gets to keep tabs on me~" Her whole body wiggles a little, as though this was a good thing.
"Also got a welcome gift for becoming a spider sister! This trip's been really nice so far; my fashion arsenal is rapidly expanding. Oh, also we're supposed to go find the two cities' lost artifacts."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:22 pm

After Adelinde messes around a bit to get a handle on riding Nyx, Zarenthria beckons her and the rest of the group to get into the spider carriage.

After they've gotten a few minutes away from the grand temple, Zarenthria fills Parveth and Ketha in on the situation. Explaining that they've been tasked with retrieving a holy relic of Malnibonae and the reasons why. Then she says, "There is some good news and bad news. The good news is that I already know where the relic, the Liar's Key, is and what it looks like. Which took quite a bit of effort. Despite its name, its appearance is that of a platinum amulet with a large and splendid blood red in the center. The bad news is that I cannot directly retrieve it or assist you in retrieving it without causing great incident and revealing how I gathered this information. It is in the possession of the Maeduis family, one of the greater families of Lo'Toth whose matriarch, Halxyra, is a Councilor. And unfortunately they are one of the families that are opposed to the plan of moving to the surface. I know the Liar's Key is somewhere in their estate, as Halxyra likes to wear it on rare occasion for important events they hold in their home. Unfortunately I do not know where exactly they keep it.
Now I can think of three avenues you could pursue to acquire it, but each has their costs or risks. The first is that you could simply try to persuade them to hand it over, though I'm sure the price they would set would be quite high and beyond your means. The second is that you could attempt to sneak into their home and steal it, though if you get caught.... well I would suggest not getting caught. And if you try to bargain for it and fail, they will certainly be more on guard against attempts to take it. The third option I can think of would be to challenge them for it. By which I mean there's not a terrible chance you could make some kind of wager to balance against it on the outcome of a formal combat. This is possible because what the Maeduis family is most known for is their tradition of service in the Lo'Toth military. I would not recommend this approach above the others as they are quite skilled combatants and they are unlikely to play fair while they would also use any cheating on your part as an excuse to claim the challenge was invalid if you managed to win."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Steam starts to get excited and slightly indignant at the mentioning of “Liar’s Key,” but settles down as it is explained to not actually be a key.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:23 pm

"What good would theft do? Surely they will discover the relic's disappearence afterwards."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:38 am

“Well sure, but it’s not like they could call the guards on us; they’re not supposed to have it either. I guess unless knowledge of what the two relics look better aren’t widely at least recognizable, or they have ties inside the guards, or they just send shadowy agents to steal it back from us and see to it that we suffer for an extended period of time...” Steam puts a hand to her chin in thought. “Y’know, putting it like that, stealing it seems really bad, unless we somehow pull a double with the guard? Like they’re on their side, but then the switch and like they get outed for having the relic this whole time and excommunicated or whatever?
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:26 pm

"If it is not theirs to have, why wear it on occasion?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Steam thinks for a bit. "Just to show off? Like I said, maybe it's not well known what it looks like, so most people are just impressed by the good looking jewelry?" She looks to Zarenthria for her thoughts.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Zarenthria nods along as the two speak. When they look to her for comment she says, "Yes, that's all very good reasoning of the situation. If you steal it and they have reason to suspect it was you who did so, they will certainly try to reacquire it before you can give it to me and I could report having 'found' it to the Council. Though that assumes they notice it's missing and you give them reason to suspect who stole it. And if they are sure you stole it, yes I expect they would try and retaliate in some way.
As for why they bring it out, drow society often involves a lot of posturing for status and deceptive behavior. They are showing it off to impress others who would recognize it, but also should not be able to recognize it and would refrain from calling them out on it or taking it themselves as it could be a trap. Now I've had more reason than others to investigate this and I am quite certain it is the real thing, but others would not find it worth devoting the resources to do so. And there is the matter that word of it being definitely in our city and having been known to be for so long reaching the ears of the people of Malnibonae would in most circumstances lead to another war. So none that have seen it are too keen on expanding the circle of people who know about it. Too much potential cost for a single status symbol."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next