Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-files: Sign-Up & OOC

+3
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
7 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The P-files: Sign-Up & OOC - Page 4 Empty Re: The P-files: Sign-Up & OOC

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:34 pm

I also would like to add that I'd be willing to keep on, keeping on with this game too. Don't know what I'd do after the next time... If a next time happens.

Was just expressing my feelings for that really weird "sigh" comment that just seemed both inane and a little insane in that other post of mine.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm fine with continuing.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 am

Guys, don't get me started again on sighing. There's nothing inane or insane about it.

That typed, just think a moment. When do people sigh?

-Often when they want to express exasperation with another person. That means they're being impatient at best and condescending/outright rude at worst. It's basically like saying, "I can't believe you. It's so obvious" - when whatever it is isn't obvious at all. I had enough of that back during my high school days.

Yes, that's right. If you want to know where my issue with sighing likely stems from, it was probably high school. I went to a hick school where everyone wanted to grow up to be farmers and cowboys. I was an outcast because I liked playing video games, painting miniatures, playing RPGs, and the like. Not too many people had any patience at all for me - even the freaking teachers - and while I actually got along okay with the jocks, the cheerleaders had it out for me, probably because I endangered their chances to be class valedictorian or salutatorian. Every time I asked a question in class, or was called on to read something, or even just tried to joke or act something out - they'd always do that mean girl sighing of theirs. I mentioned the teachers before, and they did it too. I'd just be trying to fully understand a concept, and they'd sigh, sigh because they couldn't believe that I didn't get it, basically saying how stupid they thought I was, and how annoyed they were that I cared enough to ask anything at all.

Sighing might not mean anything on its own, but it's usually used to be rude to someone, to try to make them feel stupid for whatever it is they did (at least in LA), and that's why I dislike sighing so much. It's not weird at all. You guys just apparently don't understand what sighing implies for me, and I don't like it.

On a final note, I don't see sighing as a normal part of expressing yourself, especially if you have to type it out over a computer. It's not a necessary component to communication, and I would like you guys to please refrain from sighing in my direction. I'm asking you nicely, so please, don't do it.
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:55 am

Josh... sighing is absolutely a part of human expression, similar to rolling your eyes when you are bored. That doesn't always mean it has negative connotations, it can also be used to denote a willingness to move on from a tiresome or annoying thing, and I think it's really ridiculous to tell us we can't use a normal part of human expression because you have a personal dislike for it, regardless of the intent.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:56 pm

I can understand and respect you wishing for us to not sigh around you, but you declaring that "all sighing is evil and nobody should ever do that" IS insane and inane to me, which like it or not, that's how I view your black and white statement of "nobody should sigh on the internet"... For reasons that you can't help but see the act as insulting to you regardless of how we have intended it. And no matter how much we try to explain that it wasn't intended as an insult and I for one am sorry if you have felt I insulted you because of that when I ever had sighed at you. I believe it's more used as an expression for "I don't really understand what's going on here, why is this still going" type of feeling... Which ironically is much like how I'm feeling about this very chat about sighing in and of itself.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Sorry, didn't realize there were further responses to this topic(E-mail notification let me down).  I'm good with continuing.

EDIT: Sighing. I tend to sigh when I'm under a lot of stress, I don't think I sigh at other times.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:43 pm

Xel, Subz - you guys are both getting on my nerves right now.

First off, I didn't say that all sighing is evil Xel. That's just you oversimplifying my statements as per usual. I said that sighing often implies exasperation or condescension - which is far less evil and much more just plain annoying or mean. I do also take offense to you calling my opinion insane and inane. Just because you don't agree with me, that doesn't mean you have a right to completely discredit my opinion - and doing that is a sure way to tick me off again. I hope you realize as much.

Secondly, Subz - the process of typing out a sigh is just kind of ridiculous in the first place if you ask me, and like rolling your eyes over the net, it feels kind of forced and fake anyway. When you actually have to go through the process of typing *sigh* or *rolls eyes* it's no longer a part of normal human expression. It's typed words on a page that make your writing no more clear with them than without. You can't tell what someone meant by them unless there's some other indicator in the message like a smiley.

Whatever the case, let's move on here guys. I gave you a warning, I explained my opinion, and I asked you nicely. Don't be surprised if I get angry with you when you sigh at me again.

-That's all I'm saying.
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:48 am

On a topic that's unrelated to sighing...

I updated the rules for the Call System a bit to address some issues Ramsus had with them.

First off, keep in mind guys, but your allies cannot get crits.

They also count as the initiator of their own moves, therefore, whenever one of their moves specifies "target ally," that ally can be the PC that activated them (therefore, Rock could use his healing ability to heal Whisper for instance, even if she's the one that called him, because she is his ally). I'd originally intended the Call System to work this way - but I can see why I should've clarified this.

Finally, I altered the trigger effects for Roll and Buck's abilities. Even if your PC doesn't attack the enemy, you can still activate their offensive abilities. I've got all the ally abilities listed again below for convenience's sake. Hopefully this works better.

Allies:
Hard Rock –
Trigger – Any time during your turn.
Rock plays a song to boost his friends’ spirits or heal their wounds. When you call on Rock, choose one of the following abilities to use:
1. Target ally regains 1d10+2 hp.
2. Target ally can roll twice on his or her next attack and take either result.

Trigger – Any time during your turn.
Rock summons a spotlight on one ally and plays a guitar solo of epicness, causing enemies to consider them the greatest threat. Flip a coin for any number of target creatures. If you win the flip, that creature must attack target ally if able until the end of your next turn.

Barrel Roll –
Trigger – You initiate an action.
Roll swoops in to aid you, dealing an extra 1d6 damage to your primary attack or a secondary target of your choice. If she rolls an 6, she blinds the target she deals damage to, save ends.

Roll swoops in to make a flashy combo move with you, dealing an extra 2d6 damage to a primary attack or secondary target that ignores the opponent’s Resistance. After using this ability, Roll must take one round to recharge.

Buck Quicksilver
Buck hurls a gout of fire in tandem with you, adding 3 Ongoing Damage, Save Ends, to an attack on your primary target or a secondary target of your choice

Trigger - An enemy damages you with an attack.
You can call on Buck to take the hit for you. Completely negate all adverse effects you would have suffered from the attack – including damage (though Buck only blocks one ally if he’s called in against an AoE attack). After using this ability, Buck must take one round to recharge.
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:17 am

XandZero2 wrote:
Barrel Roll –

Recognized the Megaman references with Rock and Roll, but was this supposed to be a reference to Roll Caskett specifically?  I mean aside from being a terrible pun.Smile 
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Roll Caskett? I honestly have no idea what you're talking about Cardbo. Never heard of any Megaman character by that name.

BTW:

@Subz -
I've been trying to get you since last night on skype, but I've been wanting to know - who did you attack with Buck? A Nightmare, or the Balrog?
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:36 pm

XandZero2 wrote:Roll Caskett? I honestly have no idea what you're talking about Cardbo. Never heard of any Megaman character by that name.

Roll Caskett from Megaman Legends. EDIT: Interestlingly, her father's name is Barrell Caskett.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Ah. Well that makes sense then. I actually never played Megaman Legends. It was one of the only Megaman games I didn't play. I just had Roll's name be Barrel Roll to fit with the general rules for MLP names, but now that you mention it... That was totally an intentional reference...

Yeah...
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:25 am

Balrog.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:30 am

Poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke

Poke.

Smile
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:56 am

Jeez. Cardbo, did you sprain your fingers typing that many pokes? Shocked 
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:48 am

The P-files: Sign-Up & OOC - Page 4 154715__UNOPT__pinkie-pie_animated_spoiler-s03e03_finger_zps23b82702
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:36 pm

So any idea when Blight will do a post?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:11 pm

DB sent a skype-message saying he'd try to post tonight.

Honestly though, I don't really mind the slow down right now. I just got Pokemon Y over the weekend AND I've got two classes worth of papers to grade too.

-So I've got plenty to occupy my time right now.
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 am

@Cardbo: Blind only affects Attacks, so yeah, you don't need to flip when using Utilities.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:54 pm

^Although I'll begrudgingly admit it, good call Ramsus. I didn't realize that Draw Blood wasn't considered an attack.
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:00 pm

I know that mechanically calling Buck wasn't the best move for me... But I'm assuming that the coin flip thing has some type of downside... (like some loss of life, pip cost, or both) Also flavor wise, can't have there be a fight without having the lovebirds doing at least one combo attack. Also I'm feeling lucky when it comes to said coin flip.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:44 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't posted again yet, but I'm in the middle of grading a batch of my students' papers. I'll try to post again tomorrow night - or Wednesday for sure as a worst-case scenario.

BTW - Just wondering, but what abilities did Gleeda use in her last turn? She got a re-roll from somewhere, and she did an extra ten damage with pred sight, right? I'm a big confused, and a mechanics breakdown would be appreciated. Thanks!
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:31 pm

Just oww... What I feel is the most painful fact is that was just the balrog's first turn for this round...

Put into my post what trait I believe was used for that reroll thingie.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:49 pm

@Xel:

Ah. That makes more sense. You guys are using so many abilities right now, I'd forgot that Gleeda had Unacceptable.

Also Xel, sorry I beat on you so much that last turn. I was planning on having all the grunts attack Whisper, but I'd forgot she had so much Resistance right now. Gleeda was the next best target after that, considering she had Vuln 4 and had just taken out the Balrog's other grunts. I also am having all the grunts focus one player at a time because if I do split the damage, Whisper will just heal everything anyway.

For the record though, I don't think you should feel bad at all about your performance thus far Xel. You and DB have done the lion's share of the damage to the Balrog so far, and quite a good bit of your damage inflicted has stuck.

I might as well admit it - the Balrog's pretty close to being bloodied, and if not for you guys he'd have a lot more HP left.

On a final note, if you hadn't had Gleeda nuke the first set of minions, the Balrog would've summoned the second set while the first set was still active. That could've gotten pretty nasty - so you should feel that you did accomplish something in Gleeda's last turn, because you definitely did.

@Everypony:

It's Subz's turn.
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:26 pm

Hmmm... not sure what to do
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte