Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mertropolis

+3
Z2
SubjectZ
Ramsus
7 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mertropolis - Page 8 Empty Re: Mertropolis

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Shamus narrows his eyes at Col, "This is ssstill my lab little flying rodent, if I catch you using it without my permissssion... let'sss jussst sssay not being my assssistant anymore will be the leassst of your problems. However, tell me more about this newfound powered individual. Or rather I sssuppose Miss Ssstar here could tell me herssself."
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Golden awkwardly scratches the back of her neck. "I well can set myself on fire and fly but I don't get hurt by the fire and I'm flying like I've been flying every day of my life..."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Gear Craft arrives at his home, and sits down at his work desk to begin thinking of a way they could all keep in communication. Hmm... maybe... yes, I've got it! Small earpieces connected to walkie-talkies! Hmm, wonder if I can make the signal encrypted as well... He begins to pull random parts from the piles surrounding him, and works on 2 basic prototypes.
Mechanics Check.:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:59 pm

"Hmmm. Perhapsss a demonssstration would be informative? It would cssertainly illussstrate what is needed more clearly." Shamus says and backs up a little, just in case.

Four hours later and Gear Craft has developed two different prototypes. The key thing he's learned is that the earpiece thing just isn't going to work out. He just doesn't have the tools and technology available to get things down to that size without the sound becoming garbled and there being a serious risk of tangled wires or steam venting at the head. Even without earpieces the devices will take a bit more work and then he'll have to work on how to encrypt and decrypt the messages automatically for quite a while. For now though, he needs to get more of the right parts.... in the morning. He's quite hungry and it's already been dark for a while apparently.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Gear Craft puts down his tools, and walks into the kitchen, grabbing and assembling a quick daffodil sandwich. When he finishes eating, he heads into his bedroom, as much as you can call that room a bedroom, and proceeds to fall asleep.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Golden nods, sets her self on fire, and begins flying around the room doing a few small stunts. When done she goes over and presents herself to the scientist.

(do I need any rolls for the stunts?)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Shamus opens his mouth wide with awe and says, "Mind the equipment dear!" After a moment he asks, "Is that as hot as you can make yourssself? Actually wait a moment. Need to set a few things up. You can doussse yourssself if you like, this may take a bit."

((And we can end the RP for the scene there if the two of you like as Shamus and Col then conduct tests on Golden's powers to see what is needed for the suit... and of course to satisfy Shamus' scientific curiosity.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:50 pm

Coral yawns as she swims into her rooms, but immediately gets to work on a new, more detailed drawing of what her costume will look like. After a couple hours, she leans back, and looks at her finished piece. By this time Silly and Silver have gone to bed, and she herself feels ready for the same, but not until she puts this somewhere safe. She digs from her luggage her old scroll tube, well-loved over the years, but still in working condition, and carefully rolls her drawing and stuffs it in there.

Psionica:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:26 am

"I dunno Shadow Me. It's not excatly safe in the ruins." Floe thinks about things for a minute. "Tell you what, we'll party tonight, try to find where those other hostages live tomorrow, and ask them to join us. Does that work for you?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:28 am

The shadows nods and partying happens.

The following morning...
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Floe rolls around on her mattress, debating on whether she should take a sleep for longer. She was hungover, she was allowed. Well, she figured she would be hungover, considering how much she drunk, but honestly she felt fine. She eventually stood up on the mattress and gives a stretch. She looks around to see what her shadow is doing, as well as if she has souvenirs from last night. Glow sticks and whatnot, although after one house party she had a lamp without the lampshade on it. That was an interesting story...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Coral sighs as she walks up to Mertropolis tower, her paperwork and interview finished at only 2 pm. Now she just has to wait for them to contact her on whether or not she got the job. Hopefully it will take no more than a week or two, because there's so much shopping that she just can't do. Not sure what to do now, she just finds a nearby bench to study the architecture all around her.

For absolutely no apparent reason:

Last edited by Copper Rose on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:41 pm

The architecture was very very modern. Unsurprisingly there was a government office nearby being worked on. According to Measured Response, before he had left, that was pretty much a constant state of affairs.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Floe rolls around on her mattress, debating on whether she should take a sleep for longer. She was hungover, she was allowed. Well, she figured she would be hungover, considering how much she drunk, but honestly she felt fine. She eventually stood up on the mattress and gives a stretch. She looks around to see what her shadow is doing, as well as if she has souvenirs from last night. Glow sticks and whatnot, although after one house party she had a lamp without the lampshade on it. That was an interesting story...
Seeing nothing interesting, Floe decided to start the day with a drink of cider, a small snack, grab her guitar and head to band practice. She was late, yeah, but it was cancelled yesterday, so whatever...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Once again she finds that there is nobody there.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Col wakes up, slowly getting out of his bed. "What time is it..?" He remarked to himself before taking a look through a window to check, seeing the sunrise. "Ah, so really early for me. I seem to be up at this time surprisingly often nowadays..." He remarked, before heading for the lab to see how progress was going.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Shamus was still there and he greeted Col with a yawn and followed it up by saying, "Good morning Col. Unusual to ssse you up ssso early. However, it is fortuitousss timing as I am quite tired. Please ssstay here for a while and watch over these in my ssstead or I feel we'll wind up with sssome ruinousss accssident. Here, I will leave you sssome instructions." And he immediately turns around and writes down a variety of instructions, a lot of which are just to keep notes on when/if things change colors/behave in certain ways or to add something if some particular thing occurs or to add something else if some other particular thing occurs.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Col nods, then proceeds to sit down, read the instructions, then keep an eye on all the chemicals. Now wasn't a great time for their usual scuffles, business will always come first. Besides, Shamus tended to hit a bit harder when he was tired...
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Ramsus wrote:Once again she finds that there is nobody there.
"Another practice called off?" mutters Floe. Considering how close the Battle of the Bands was, she would have expected Arcamedis to be pushing for even more practice sessions, not cancelling the regular ones. And if he wasn't at home, where else would he be? Floe decides to check the apartments of Low Note and Beat Beat, hoping that her other band mates might know more of the situation...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Floe finds no sign of anyone at the other two places either.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Floe mutters some curses as it turns out that no one is home. "I don't believe this." She decides to go home, play for a bit by herself, before going for a fly around the centre of Mertropolis...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Gear Craft wakes up, does... personal hygiene stuff, then heads out to start shopping.
Streetwise Check:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:13 pm

It takes Gear Craft several hours, having to go all the way to Central, but eventually he finds all the parts he needs.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:53 am

Golden wakes up, jumps out of bed, makes a quick breakfast, grabs a newspaper and begins looking at the headlines and for any job postings.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Golden almost immediately finds four different courier services with job openings.

((If you're looking for anything else, give me some kind of hint as to what you're looking for and a Streetwise check.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next