Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mertropolis

+3
Z2
SubjectZ
Ramsus
7 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mertropolis - Page 7 Empty Re: Mertropolis

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Golden doesn't see anything threatening occur but, she does notice a lack of the snobbishness Col warned about. For the most part people took no notice of them... or anyone else in particular aside from people they knew. While some students certainly looked well off, plenty others clearly were here on at least partial scholarships. That said, all of the books she saw being carried were on subjects she wasn't sure if she'd be able to understand without serious effort, if at all and she overheard snippets of conversations on subjects that sounded like complete gibberish. Of course she also saw the usual flirting or awkward looks or subdued spats of drama that you'd find in any college. When they got closer to where they were going, she began to notice some students go out of their way or give a not so friendly or perhaps just wary glance at Col as they walked past.'

When they got to the floors near the lab they saw almost nobody at all. However, when they reached the lab they were going to, Golden could hear that someone was inside.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:21 am

Floe looks in the windows of Arcamedis' house, trying to find anyone who would be inside, before letting out "What the hell?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:44 am

Floe is now absolutely certain that nobody is there.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:46 am

Floe scratches her head and tries to figure out where her band mates could be...

(Streetwise Check: 14 (Roll) + 9 (Bonus) = 23)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:48 am

There are a few cheap dining establishments and clubs the group has sometimes hung out at she could check.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:51 am

Floe makes a grumpy noise to herself, and begins checking places the band could be, wondering why they didn't leave her a note or anything...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:52 am

A few hours later and she's still had no luck, aside from running across a half off sale at a fish burger joint.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:58 am

Floe lets out a frustrated groan and returns home. After all, maybe there is a note there now...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:02 am

Returning home, she does not find any such note. Not that this necessarily means one wasn't placed. It wouldn't be the first time something got missed or misplaced or simply ended up flying off in the wind. And though rare, there had been a couple occasions where practice had been cancelled and they'd just forgotten to tell her or someone else.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Floe sighs as she opens the door and throws her guitar to one side, her shadow catching it as she does. She heads to the small fridge, pulls out some Brew of the Minotaur, and slumps into one of the bean bag chairs in the room. When the Shadow Floe finishes putting the guitar away, it moves to the wall the real one is facing as the dragonnel asks "Alright, so band practice is off today. What should we do now Shadow Me? Hit the clubs? Play some tunes?" Floe grins a bit as she jokingly suggests "Read?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:25 pm

The shadow slides over to a pile of... well it's unidentifiable at this point... and pulls out a book about Old Mertropolis. Some kind of history and geography book she'd had for some class or other that she can't recall what was.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Floe rolls her eyes at this suggest. "I was kidding when I said read, you know?" She wiggles around a bit on the bean bag trying to get comfortable before deciding to just down on it and looking to the dull ceiling of the apartment. "Alright, give it here," continues Floe as she levitates the book from her shadow to her and opening the book, "A minute or two can't hurt, and it's not like I've got anything better to do." She glances at the index to see if there is anything of interest, or if her shadow points to something it wanted to show...

(Perception Roll to understand Shadow Floe: 11 (Roll) + 9 (Bonus) = 20)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:57 pm

After a few minutes Floe has narrowed it down to two things. Either the shadow is trying to indicate something about certain points of entry to Old Mertropolis from current day Mertropolis or..... it's just attempting to make some kind of bizarre form of toilet humor. Possibly both.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:56 am

"Hn not everyone around here seems that bad. Well anyway this lab sounds like its in use."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Col gives Golden a strange look at the first remark, but quickly shrugs it off. "Eh, opinions and all that. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I know who's in the lab, so don't worry about it." He said, before opening the doors with noticeable caution. "I hope I'm not interrupting any important documentation! He exclaimed into the room with a chuckle.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Inside the quite large room there were many beakers bubbling and boxes blinking and strange equipment dormant or whirring quietly away at whatever task they were up to and a giant snake in a lab coat and glasses, slumped over a counter snoring in rhythm to the flow of the noise in the room.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:17 pm

"I'll take that as a no." Col chuckled to himself, then looked around for the equipment he needed. "Well, we can't let one lazy old rattler get in the way of important business, can we?"
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:21 pm

And instantly the giant snake springs up and over to the pair and jabs Col lightly with his tail, " 'Lazy old rattler' is it? Hmmmmm?" The snake asks accusingly and then adjusts his glasses.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:24 pm

"You heard me!" Col said with a laugh and a smile. "Who else would nap in a laboratory full of noisy equipment than you or the deaf? Or are those one and the same?" He said with a sly grin, which he barely held on to before bursting into laughter again.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:31 pm

The snake lifts his tail up in the air and thwaks it down on Col's head, not so gently. "Rude little guano as usual I sssssee. Ah but where are my manners?" at which he seems to actually look around the room for a brief moment as if he's looking for them. "There'sss a lady present. As she doesn't look completely brainlessss and alien to the concssept of classss I sssuppose she can't be one of yours. I am Dr. Shamus Oroborou. And who might you be my dear?" Turning back to Col, "And what was that about 'important businesss'? I hope you weren't planning to do the 'let's sssee what happens if we destroy half the lab equipment' experiment again."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Ramsus wrote:After a few minutes Floe has narrowed it down to two things. Either the shadow is trying to indicate something about certain points of entry to Old Mertropolis from current day Mertropolis or..... it's just attempting to make some kind of bizarre form of toilet humor. Possibly both.
Floe rolls off the bean bag chain and gets back on her hooves. "Well, it's not like we have anything else to do." Floe refills her water bottle, takes a packet of biscuits, makes sure the blinds are closed to keep the place nice and dark, and heads to the closest point that Shadow Floe pointed out...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Golden rather awkwardly waves at the giant snake. "I'm Golden Star. He isn't going to do that, well at least I hope he isn't going to do that. Col said something about needing help with a test or two so I got pulled into this. Golden pauses for a moment as if collecting her thoughts. "Is banter like this normal for you two?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Col puts a hoof on his head. "Ow..." He then turns to Golden. "No, I wasn't planning on tearing the place apart, I could do that rather easily without planning." He chuckles. " What I was planning to do was experiment with potentially volatile chemicals until I make one that can make costume materials fireproof, and yeah, this type of thing is pretty normal around here. Honestly I think he might be one of the reasons I got so tough with how powerful that tail is..." He remarks with a bit of a smirk.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:26 pm

"Firssst of all, why do you want to do that? Sssecondly, do you think I would really let you do ssso unsssupervised?" Shamus asked.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:29 pm

"Firstly, because it turns out I'm not the only one with powers and all the old heroes are gone." Col says with a hint of sadness when he mentioned the old heroes, but quickly recovers. "Secondly, I would've done it whether you decide to supervise me or not."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next