Allele Science Laboratories IC

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:58 pm

Last time on Allele Science Laboratories!


As genetic experiments are released and slowly awaken, our experiments team up and agree to leave this den of nightmares. Sparks takes the lead and finds a door labelled service hatch, out of sight of the sea pegasus.

Colter Bolt

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:44 am

Thirteen double checks that the others have all been lead off screen out of sight before circling around the minotaur dog, humming to herself happily. After a few seconds of this she launches herself at it with enough force to slam it into the wall and pin it there as she eats it alive.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1504
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Time to dust off mah mad skillz

Post  Ka.avik on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:49 am

"There's a door here, guys." Spark says to no one in particular. "Do you know if" He turns to find the locals who might remember something about the layout from down here. "Hey where'd that cute (or something Suspect  ) pony of land and sea go? Yo Marrow King does this go up?"

door opening:
On the assumption it's a submarine style door that needs to be unscrewed to open, here's a mechanic's check for ya'
6+8-3=11
Well at least I didn't break anything this time ...
avatar
Ka.avik

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:02 am

Marrow taps the door and squints. "Its a door." Marrow bends and stretches and examines it thoroughly, but you have no idea whether that helps or not.

OOC:Perception 11-5 = 6. Examining the hatch for anything unusual.
Roll(1d20)+6:
13,+6
Total:19

OOC:Streetwise. 8-5 = 3 Does this hatch lead anywhere we want to go, namely upstairs.
Roll(1d20)+3:
9,+3
Total:12
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Ramsus wrote: Thirteen double checks that the others have all been lead off screen out of sight before circling around the minotaur dog, humming to herself happily. After a few seconds of this she launches herself at it with enough force to slam it into the wall and pin it there as she eats it alive.
Thirteen has no trouble eating the minotaur dog.

Ka.avik wrote:[spoiler=door opening]On the assumption it's a submarine style door that needs to be unscrewed to open, here's a mechanic's check for ya'
6+8-3=11
Well at least I didn't break anything this time ...[/spoiler
Spark is unable to open the door.

Cardbo wrote:OOC:Perception 11-5 = 6. Examining the hatch for anything unusual.
Roll(1d20)+6:
13,+6
Total:19

OOC:Streetwise. 8-5 = 3 Does this hatch lead anywhere we want to go, namely upstairs.
Roll(1d20)+3:
9,+3
Total:12
Marrow notices nothing unusual about the hatch, but does remember that beind the door is a way up.

Colter Bolt

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Satisfied with her meal, Thirteen flies off to rejoin the others.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1504
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:08 pm

"Yep. Its a door. I'm pretty sure it goes up" Marrow moves his pseudopods in an upward gesture.
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 am

Ra sighs "Let us take care of that." The Dragons then try to force the mechanism of the Door to move.

Roll:

Athletics Roll(1d20)+13:
10,+13
Total:23
avatar
tygerburningbright

Posts : 302
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:59 am

Assisting Ra, Marrow wraps himself around the door and tries to heave the mechanism open.

OOC:Athletics (16-5 = 11)
Roll(1d20)+11:
15,+11
Total:26
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Thirteen flies off, turning a corner to find the dragons and the slime trying to open a door. As you get close to them, the hatch opens with a screech. Behind it is a platform, edged with a guardrail and sporting a control panel jutting out from the middle. There are rails stretching from the far wall to your side, with other rails crossing them. The side-rails go for as far as you can see. Stairs run along your side of the wall, leading up into blackness..


Last edited by Colter Bolt on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Colter Bolt

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Trying to sound all guard-like, now.

Post  Ka.avik on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Picking his sleep deprived self up off the floor and dusting off his wings ... and his pride, Spark says to the assembled pony ... things that "So, in the event of a fire, it's highly discouraged that you take the elevator. Might be faster yes but the thing that cut off power to all our tombs might drop power to the lift, here. So we'd go kersplat and need a more permanent sarcophagus. I see stairs, though. Lets just walk single file unless there's room for more."

Looking through the door at the very long shaft / corridor, he adds "Did anybody bring a flashlight?" He closes his eyes, and several sparks fly from his horn as he grits his teeth. "Or know a decent lighting spell?"
avatar
Ka.avik

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:28 pm

"I'm lime green, but that doesn't that mean I can glow in the dark? Or does it?" Marrow closes his eyes and concentrates as hard as he can. "Am I glowing yet?"

avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Thirteen puts her face up very very close to Marrow King and looks really hard. "Maybe?" Then she looks to the stairs and says, "Last one up is a rotten leg!" not quite getting the phrase right and flying up the stairway.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1504
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:56 pm

The dragons immediately take flight, beating their wings in a rather strange pattern, after Thirteen. As soon as they are away from the others Ra begins breathing out a small steady steam of flame hopefully illuminating the way.
avatar
tygerburningbright

Posts : 302
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fly, you fools! (or, y'know, walk and don't be foolish.)

Post  Ka.avik on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:46 pm

"Gonna get yourself killed somehow." Spark mutters under his breath. Aloud he says "Alacrity Kingy lets not split the party. Gotta keep our wizard hale and hearty or something."

Spark Impulse tries to fly after the two fliers, but it's straight up so it's got him breathing hard pretty fast. "Too early in *pant* cold, you doggone <cough, cough> good my flank doctor you {lands} Either'a'yuse needs help or someth [deep breathing] ?"

brawn roll for climbing mid-air, not yet recovered from stasis sickness:

rolled 10, +7 brawn -5 flying -3 sickness = 9

Spark tries to take some care to be more or less in between the slower moving party members, and the successful fliers. Barring that he'll fling Marrow onto Cranial's back and walk beside / in front of / otherwise near, to catch his breath again.
avatar
Ka.avik

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:35 pm

As Marrow approaches the stairs, he starts to sing of all things.  "'What goes up stairs, alone and in pairs?  The squishy!  The squishy!  A wonderful, wonderful revolt!  Fun for a filly or colt!'"

OOC: Acrobatics roll up the stairs
Roll(1d20)+11:
14,+11
Total:25

Despite his disorientation he seems surprisingly agile he as bounds up the stairs.
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Cranial Crack follows whoever he can...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 822
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:42 am

Thirteen and the dragons fly ahead, Ra lighting up the way, revealing other doors. There is a number on each one, going higher as you ascend. The numbers are in the tens for now.

Spark is in desperate need of coffee, falling and landing on the staircase, right in where Marrow had vacated, bounding up the stairs with surprising speed. Well, for a slime that is. Cranial ends up in the rear with a first row seat to Spark's acrobatic performance.

Colter Bolt

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:50 am

"Psychological Profile Updated," comments Cranial as he heads towards the fallen Sparks. "Do you need assistance?"
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 822
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:14 am

Marrow continues bounding up the stairs. 'Its wonderfully, wonderfully silly. Fun for a colt or a filly!'
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ka.avik on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:"Do you need assistance?"
"Thanks Alacrity, but no." Spark says before shimmy-shaking his wings back into place. "The help I need is a hot cup of joe, a long vacation from the crazies, and I'm probably forgetting something."

Proceeding on the ground now, he examines a door as he passes. "Hey alacr. Err. Cranial do you suppose we should get the fast fliers to examine the doors we've found? Might be more trouble waking up behind them. Of course, those two have been awake the whole time." Turning and pointing a cloven hoof at the semi arcanomechanical biological entity, Spark Impulse adds "I'm trying to remember your real name, you know. But the name does Fitzhugh, Alacrity."

Grinning at an inside joke, Spark trots upwards, his hooves providing sure footing. Soon he's nodding his head to Marrow's sing-song rhythm and has mostly forgotten about his embarrassment at a pegasus having to walk.
avatar
Ka.avik

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Thirteen overhearing Spark stops briefly to reply, "I have examined the doors and determined that they are indeed doors." It's unclear if she's attempting to be helpful, snarky, or is just crazy.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1504
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sparky can reply in kind. Kind of.

Post  Ka.avik on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:17 pm

"Thank you thirteen." Spark replies to the probably-a-floating-seapony. "You've made clear, what might have otherwise been unclear."
avatar
Ka.avik

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:10 am

"Psychological Profile Updated." With that, Cranial moves up to Spark and quickly injects him with an adrenaline mixture using the needle on one of his claws, despite the fellow experiment declining his help...

(Heal Check (to get rid of Spark's penalties and whatnot): 17 (Roll) + 10 (Bonus) = 27)
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 822
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:35 am

A turns her head toward the doors and tries to remember what was behind them.

Roll:

streetwise Roll(1d20)+8:
16,+8
Total:24
avatar
tygerburningbright

Posts : 302
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum