Allele Science Laboratories IC

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:25 am

Marrow pops over to the landing where Asura is.  "A door, right?  But does it contain a brand new cart, the waterskis, or the mystery prize?"  Marrow raps the door with his pseudopod.

OOC: Assist check.  Whats behind the door?  
Streetwise{8} -5 = 3
Roll(1d20)+3:
16,+3
Total:19
Neat.
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:(Heal Check (to get rid of Spark's penalties and whatnot): 17 (Roll) + 10 (Bonus) = 27)
Spark feels nice and energized, almost as if he had had a cuppa. (penalties gone)

A doesn't remember the specifics of the monsters behind the doors, but does remember that every 10th floor has a "testing chamber."

A low growl emenates from the door Marrow knocked on.

Colter Bolt

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:10 pm

In response to the growl, Marrow responds  "Hello there!  Are you friendly?"
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:14 pm

"Normally I would have said yes but, truthfully probably not in the slightest." Thirteen answers for the thing on the other side.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1454
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:06 am

"Probably just needs a hug." Marrow knocks on the door again. "Do you just need a hug?"
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stab! in the name of love! Stab you!

Post  Ka.avik on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Spark starts to jerk back, but then stops instead, staring wide-eyed at the claw needle, offering his trust for just a moment.

Then he feels the drug spread; he shimmy shakes, wings out, flapping several times before re-folding his wings crisply. "All the way down to my toes. Sheesh Crack I'd said I was fine." Stretching his neck down, head lolling comically near his front toes, Spark straightens again. "It's considered polite to ask permission before stabbing someone and injecting noxious chemicals."

Trotting up to where the multi-part dragon and amorphous blob are discussing things, Spark explains "Caffiene is considered poisonous, did you know that? Of course, being a walking chemlab you would. It's just we never drink it very strong."

Turning to his other friends, he says "Now, I have a question, Huggy. Are we looking for trouble, or for a way out? I was just looking for coffee but I guess I'm good now."

Spark listens for a moment to the growling coming through the door, and tries to guess if it's locked up, or running loose. Also, how big is this thing?

"Let me try, hey? Can't hurt if he already hates everything including us." Spark Impulse raps his thin llama's legs sharply against the steel door. "You in there. There's no sign of the good doctor so chill. We're coming in and we don't want trouble. Hide if you have to or join our band if you're inclined but quit the silly growl."

Rolz.org says...:
So, a 10 for perception or streetwise, whichever makes more sense here, for any variation of "how dangerous is that growl?" add 10, net 20 for skill check.

Persuasion attempt to talk down the angry pedestrian growling at us from the door, but I got an 8, +12 for again, net of 20 to persuasion.
avatar
Ka.avik

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:30 pm

"We're going in? Why are we going in? I thought we were trying to get out." Thirteen asks, mostly directing the question to Asura.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1454
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Spark wrote:So, a 10 for perception or streetwise, whichever makes more sense here, for any variation of "how dangerous is that growl?" add 10, net 20 for skill check.

Persuasion attempt to talk down the angry pedestrian growling at us from the door, but I got an 8, +12 for again, net of 20 to persuasion.
The growl seems to be just a warning, though as you try to calm the beast it roars. The beast hits the door, leaving a dent with a vague outline. (Perception to identify what kind of outline, cause it might help even in this lab.)

Colter Bolt

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:50 pm

"Hmm..right. No hug, then."

OOC:Perception Check on the outline.
Roll(1d20)+3:
5,+3
Total:8
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:39 pm

"We should leave now that thing seems strong." Almost immediately A and Su try to grab a hold of Marrow and Spark respectively trying to force them up and out.

Roll:
For spark
Roll(1d20)+13:
10,+13
Total:23

for marrow
Roll(1d20)+13:
11,+13
Total:24
avatar
tygerburningbright

Posts : 302
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Marrow doesn't resist and allows ASuRa to grab him.
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hey! That's what *I* said

Post  Ka.avik on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Trying to fly along with the dragons, Spark smiles gently, and tries to politely extricate himself from the claws of whichever head have him. (if Su lets go I'm still going to keep up as best I can)

"Totally agree. But I wonder if escapees on other floors will really be weaker. Or happier. We should just pick a quieter floor and try that door." Looking over his shoulder Sparky suggests to Cranial "Hey don't go inside that door. The guy in there is a bit ... grouchy."

metadata:

* I was going to try to fly to the ceiling, prop my cloven hooves into whatever crevice I could find and hang there awhile looking over the whole tunnel. But the flight check to get there was a three, for an 11 total. So once my flight is stabilized I'll just settle for a from-the-ground perception check to see if we're still alone inside the tunnel / elevator shaft.
** whoo-hoo! 18, plus 10perc for 28


Last edited by Ka.avik on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : s/grumpy/grouchy)
avatar
Ka.avik

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Cardbo wrote:OOC:Perception Check on the outline.
Roll(1d20)+3:
5,+3
Total:8
You can't make heads or tails of the outline. You don't know why you inspected it, it doesn't seem like it could help in this lab.

Spark wrote:
metadata:

* I was going to try to fly to the ceiling, prop my cloven hooves into whatever crevice I could find and hang there awhile looking over the whole tunnel. But the flight check to get there was a three, for an 11 total. So once my flight is stabilized I'll just settle for a from-the-ground perception check to see if we're still alone inside the tunnel / elevator shaft.
** whoo-hoo! 18, plus 10perc for 28
You are still in the shaft, and it doesn't seem like you have gotten any closer to the top, which you still can't see.

Colter Bolt

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

maybe it's an infinite loop?

Post  Ka.avik on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:41 pm

"Since we don't know where we're going anyway" Spark says to the group at large "Maybe it doesn't matter which door we open. So, how about this one?" He points a cloven hoof to the door they're about to pass on their trip up. "I mean, I can't exactly see the light at the end of the tunnel which means, hay, no oncoming train. But it'd be nice to see the scenery."

Turning to Cranial Crack he adds "Yo Alacrity can you like, reprogram your eyes, or anything? Look around in the infrared to see if any invisible monsters are skulking around this elevator shaft. And Kingy." Spark gestures encouragingly towards Marrow "You worked for the good doctor, I bet. Where did he go at night ?"
avatar
Ka.avik

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:20 pm

"Doctor. Oh, that Doctor. Hmm.." Marrow taps his head with a pseudopod.

OOC:Marrow's looking for a name here. Some details.
Streetwise(8-5) = 3
Roll(1d20)+3:
16,+3
Total:19
That was surprisingly higher than I imagined it would go.
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ka.avik on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 am

Spark Impulse lands, gestures vaguely in the direction of professor Marrow the slime king. "Yeah, you know. The doctor that everybody hated. Crackpot, liked to laugh. At you. When you were crying." Spark stops for a moment to angrily scratch his glowing green eyes, then stomp his hoof back down.

"C'mon King everybody that worked with him knew his name." Spark blows his nose briefly, using a wingtip. "Like, Tra.. uh, Stee ... maybe Ker. Anyway we all, well me, I called him the good doctor because of how bad he was." Spark spends several more seconds mumbling name components and watching Marrow for facial expression changes indicating recognition.

*assist roll in OOC thread


Last edited by Ka.avik on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Ka.avik

Posts : 30
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Ramsus on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:47 am

Thirteen stops and gives a sharp hiss that starts becoming something of a low growl and glares at Spark.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1454
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:44 am

In response to Spark's little moment, Cranial states "Psychological Profile Updated." He then proceeds to inject a mixture to Marrow's gooey mass that will help him speed up a bit, and then using his magic to detect any invisible monsters around...

(Heal Check (to get rid of Marrow's Penalties): 19 (Roll) + 10 (Bonus) (+5 HoC?) = 29 (34?))
(Magecraft Check for Invisibility Detection: 12 (Roll) + 18 (Bonus) + 5 (HoC) - 2 (5 Second Prep Time) = 33)
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 814
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Colter Bolt on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Marrow remembers nothing about the doctor, other than him being the boss and using robots as messengers.

Paper Shadow wrote:(Heal Check (to get rid of Marrow's Penalties): 19 (Roll) + 10 (Bonus) (+5 HoC?) = 29 (34?))
(Magecraft Check for Invisibility Detection: 12 (Roll) + 18 (Bonus) + 5 (HoC) - 2 (5 Second Prep Time) = 33)
(Marrow no longer suffers penalties)
Cranial is sure that there are no invisible monsters around.

Colter Bolt

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:58 pm

"Huh. Don't really remember much. He used robots as messengers, but that's about it."
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Marrow grabs his heads as his confusion and dizziness fades. "Oh I had the worst dream." Pointing to the others. "And you were there and you were there and you were there... Wait was that even a dream?"
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:01 am

"Soo...awkward" Marrow put a pseudopod behind his head and attempts to change the subject. "So we were going for coffee right?"
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:00 pm

"If coffee means we get to leave," responds the cyborg as he finishes searching for invisible monsters. "Search complete: nothing invisible detected. Did you say you had a dream? Would you like me to analyse it?"
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 814
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Cardbo on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:19 pm

"Right. Yes. I dreamed I was going to get coffee with a three headed dragon, a winged zebra, a flying eel-snake, and cyborg grffin. Funny how that worked out." Marrow manages to stammer out.
avatar
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Posts : 151
Join date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:38 am

"Processing Dream, please wait." The griffin sits down and plays quiet waiting music...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 814
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Allele Science Laboratories IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum