Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups Closed)

+2
Ramsus
Colter Bolt
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups Closed)

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:11 pm

I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups Closed)

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I think he's just being silly. However, it would help if you guys who want to explore the facility actually explained to those of us who don't seem inclined to why we should. And keep in mind the differences in our character's mentalities.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm kinda waiting for others to react to Marrow's idea of trying to find his old lab.

Sparky, for one, is expecting to have to change careers -- The aristocracy that would take over from the aging unicorn king would have (he surmises to himself) wanted to restructure the guard. Only a few individuals would have personal protection but the general populace would be expected to police themselves ... and where would poor Spark Impulse fit into this nightmare world he's constructed in his head?

Precision agriculture, he's thinking. Deliver precise volumes of water to privately owned freeway on-ramps where small farming practices lead to and abundance of zucchini and hot peppers. Probably one to three bits paid per cubic yard of water rained ...

Of course all this will require a college degree. After all, he's a mage, not a weathercrafter. Yet.
Are you referencing 'A Brief History of Equestria' or something?  Or is there some backstory that Sparky knows that we don't?
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Oh. That was serious? I thought it was random crazy babble. I'll try and see if I can fit in a response to it next time I'd post then. Sorry about that.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ka.avik Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Who, me? That was crazy babble, yeah. Mind you, it would fit with the world and I'm sure Spark's mind is running a mile a minute ... recall one of the reasons he hasn't left before is he was convinced he could never re-enter society so now he has to re-think everything before he gets to the surface proper.

So, he wants to leave ... and also wants to stay. Thus the push to explore side-rooms.

And no, Cardbo, I haven't read anything that specifically references aging unicorn kings, mad aristocracy, or weather-crafting for retired guards. But I've read enough to make it sound like I have.

Last edited by Ka.avik on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : so, that's like a 15+12 to persuasion?)
Ka.avik
Ka.avik

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Think we might need PH intervention to move the plot along.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ka.avik Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Well, I mean I could double post, or nearly so, but Spark just finished saying why he'd want to go into the side rooms. I was hoping someone else would pipe up with opinions on side rooms, although if the party generally wants to reach the surface with nothing but a rat flail I don't think Spark Impulse will impede that ... it's been too long for him, too.

But a little PH direction this weekend would be appreciated, certainly.
Ka.avik
Ka.avik

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:08 am

@Colter
I'm assuming we're all headed to the next floor. We'll, at least I haven't heard anyone say they wanted to go elsewhere. Unless someone says differently, can we have a description of the next floor?

Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ka.avik Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:18 am

I was trying to come up with some cutesy reply to the acid joke (remember my char is forcibly retired royal guard -- he'd respond in some way) when my computer died and I've since forgotten what I was going to type.

Next floor, yes. What's it look like?
Ka.avik
Ka.avik

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:25 am

Ouch. Sucks about the computer.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Allele Science Laboratories OOC and Sign-Up (Sign-Ups Closed) - Page 2 Empty with a reboot, and a slight nod to Oblivion,

Post  Ka.avik Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:28 am

Ramsus wrote:Ouch. Sucks about the computer.
It's better now.

It used to be a dog, but it got better. Not a better dog. My computer makes a terrible dog now! Oooh! What will it be tomorrow? I bet ColterBolt knows! Ask him!
Ka.avik
Ka.avik

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 am

No thoughts on my last post?  Don't want to take any choices out of your hands here.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ka.avik Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:07 am

Cardbo wrote:No thoughts on my last post?  Don't want to take any choices out of your hands here.
Mechanically it makes great sense, and while Sparky will react verbally and negatively there's no need for him to actually prevent you; he trusts the king, after all.
Ka.avik
Ka.avik

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 am

Yeah, unless there's a good reason, I don't cockblock people doing neat stuff with their character. And if I was going to I would have said something by now.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:53 am

Ok. So I unsealed my last post.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Ka.avik wrote:
that perception roll:
Wait what? I haven't heard about this change, and it isn't on the utility talent document...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:05 pm

I was not aware of a change either. Also, yes, stealth checks will be a good thing to do.

Colter Bolt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Stealth: 15 + 17 = 32
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Stealth
Roll(1d20)+8:
6,+8
Total:14

I could use an assist here.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:42 am

Roll(1d20)+5:
17,+5
Total:22
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Think we need a little PH intervention here.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Colter Bolt, are you dead?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:31 pm

he has been posting elsewhere.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Sorry. I stopped checking this thing regularly and ended up forgetting about it. Before I continue the IC, is everyone still interested in playing? Because if one person is not interested and others still want to go on, this is the perfect room.

Colter Bolt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm still in.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next