Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makara IC

4 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Makara IC  - Page 36 Empty Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:22 pm

Steam
Steam is very surprised, having expected Char to just ask a guard to fetch food from the bandits' supplies. "Oh dang, if I had known you were just gonna make food out of nothing I would've asked for so much more! This looks amazing!" She looks over the prepared food, eagerly sniffing. She takes a seat as well, quickly spooning salad and rice onto her plate, but takes her time with the eel. "Mmmm, striped eel. Y'know, you can only eat the males of the species, the females are so incredibly poisonous, that even just being in the room attempting to cook it you become deathly ill? You put a great sear on this though, like really, I don't think I can express just how impressed I am with all of this!"
Steam dives in.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:28 pm

Char gives Steam a curious look and then a smile and says, "Good! It's so much fun and for some reason nobody else worth doing it for is at all that interested anymore. Uh... if you would excuse me a moment." and with that Char runs off back upstairs and Steam can hear some furious movements and glass thunking noises and some vague utterings that sound like "not this!" and "nor this!" and finally comes an "aha! Just in time?" And then Char races back down the stairs with a bottle in hand which seems to be only half full and with no stopper and she thrusts it in front of Steam and says, "Here you go. Wouldn't um.... want to forget the... best part?"

((Note: the liquid, if drunk, is terribly bitter.))
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:22 pm

Steam
The water genasi takes a break from plowing into the food to accept the drink without question and immediately down it. She makes a face at the bitterness, saying after a swallow, "Uch. It's...wow, that sure is something. If this was for the horrible, horrible eel poison, we shouldn't have to worry about that. Pretty sure the memory thing goes 'Red-blue-red-blue, go ahead and cook two. Blue-red-blue-red, oh no, what have you done, you've killed us al-'." She pauses for a moment, before commenting, "Not a great rhyme scheme if you ask me, but eh, I didn't make it up."
She takes a sip from one of the frosty cups on the table to wash out the taste, before resuming eating at a more reasonable pace. It's unclear whether there actually was an ordering to the eel's stripes.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:26 pm

Char shrugs as if to say "better safe than sorry" and chows down as well.

The frosty cup tastes like carbonated soda with a distinct flavor of green, even though it's dark blue. And green isn't a flavor. And Steam doesn't know what soda is.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:36 pm

Interested by the otherworldly flavor of mountain dew baja blast, Steam samples the other drinks within her reach.

I don't especially have anything else I'm looking for from this scene, except I guess that they have some friendly conversation, talk about how they do their hair, maybe discuss some of the favorite things they've set on fire. Y'know, normal girl stuff.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:38 pm

The conversation is light and strange (to the point of probably being agonizing to anyone on the plane except these two), the food is good, the drinks are weird.

When they're done with their meal Char suggests, "Ok then. So how about we go test out your new magic and set some monsters on fire!?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:44 pm

Steam
Steam waves her hand, a small cerulean fire appearing in it. "Yes please!" She takes a moment to gently place the flame on top of her head, balancing it there.

Steam makes use of her new Produce Flame cantrip.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:45 pm

"Ok then, back in the circle!" Char announces and walks over there and once again begins drawing lines in chalk. These ones certainly look different than the ones for the previous ritual.

And back in the circle Steam goes. Except when Char asks for things, but at least it's a lot fewer things this time. Char does not set the lines on fire at the end this time, she just touches a line on either side of the inner circle with her middle fingers at the same time and the lines light up a light blue. The circle and rings all begin their movement, this time all going clockwise all at different speeds with the circle in the middle going fastest. There is a sort of bluish warping to the air around them and a thrumming noise. Then the world twists violently around them and there is a thwooop noise of air being sucked out of a container and suddenly the pair are deposited..... back where they were? No, while the room looks similar and there is the same kind of magic circle beneath their feet the only light is the flame Steam is holding up and there aren't any containers and tables... well not in any sort of repair. Also the stairs are completely broken. And there is a tunnel in one of the walls that looks like it was made by animals perhaps. Though very big ones since Steam and Char could walk in without ducking.

Just at the edge of sight Steam spots a pair of red eyes in the darkness of the tunnel. There is a guttural squeaking noise. Then there are several more pairs of red eyes staring out at them.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:20 am

Steam briefly looks around as she rolls her shoulders and stretches, readying herself for their upcoming mass expenditure of magic fairly calmly. "Huh. We still in Kelfas? Gonna guess that big fallen tower ol' Zanthy mentioned had monsters pouring out of it? Or do you have like a, pocket dimension set-up, filled with some kind of gremlins for stress relief?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:25 am

"Yeah, still in Kelfas. There's monsters all over. That tower especially though. Just absolutely do not go there. Oh wow these guys are ugly." Char says as a few of the red eyed things get closer and begin to make some sort of hissing noise at the pair. Steam can now see that they're rat-like goblinoids of some sort, two to three feet tall with sharp teeth, clawed hands, and indeed rather ugly. They certainly appear to be attempting to menace Steam and Char.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:43 am

Steam
"Aww, they're trying to spook us away. Do you think they don't like my fire?," she play-whines, feeling this is an obvious lob for a quip and then lots of fire.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:52 am

"They don't appear to like much of anything the way I've heard it. But hey, let's find out!" Char says as the rat goblin things decide it's time for death to occur one way or another.

The following is up to you (Kal) to describe however you like. There's an entire warren of the rat things, Char throws out a bunch of fire magic especially fireballs, Steam is having some extra energy channeled through her so she's basically got unlimited magic though sometimes it goes a bit screwy. You can feel free to have Steam do things she can't really do mechanically or have combo spells with Char and describe special version of the rat things, or their little low quality structures. Just have some fun with it. (Char certainly does.)

The rat goblins for their part are really aggressive and for the large part don't run unless they're not outnumbering the two of you most of the time. They also apparently know some common, but it seems to only be insults and foul language with they constantly spew at you.

Clearing out the warren takes about two hours, give or take the pace you feel Steam and Char go.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:25 am

Steam gives a little frown that Char didn't make a quip, but continues on in their...conquest undaunted. She starts with the classic, the large sphere of her second favorite substance. The shadows it casts off its victims dance erratically on the walls, and are tall if not long-lived.
No shelter can be found for the ratlike creatures who attempt to fall back, the air itself alighting into flame with a word and a wave of her hand.
She speaks another word and her flame in hand extends, coalescing into a curving sword shape. Its searing edge compensates for her lack of wielding prowess, and those she approaches are made short work of. That is, those that aren't annihilated long before she arrives by Char's seemingly endless fireballs.
Eventually, as it becomes clear that the nest has been thoroughly excised, she flops to the ground and raises a hand to call on a magic of another element. The inside of the cave rains briefly, unable to quench the fires, but still enough to provide some sliver of cooling relaxation to those two still standing. The smoke filled and ashy air clears, if only a bit, before the rain just as suddenly as it started...stops. "I'm so glad I made it back and we're friends," she lets out as a breath just brimming with contentment.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:31 am

As the pair walks back to the room they came from Char replies, "I'm glad too! I hope you'll continue returning."

Once back to the room she suggest that Steam create a large fire in the middle of the circle. Meanwhile she draws a square over the circle along with some other details in chalk.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:33 pm

"Hopefully! I will if I can!" Steam conjures a magical bonfire in the area indicated, before looking over Char's shoulder with interest as she inscribes the ground with runes. "So what's all this business you're putting down? Didn't get to get too much of a look at it these other times."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:44 pm

Char pauses and looks up to Steam and asks if she knows what a few arcane sounding words that might as well be gibberish to Steam are.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:48 pm

"Yeah, the rubundy trancer frant, what about it?"
Those are definitely not the words Char used.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:51 pm

Char laughs and says, "Yeah that's what I figured. Uh... honestly since I can't really explain the details I think you'll just have more fun with it being a surprise."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:09 am

Steam pouts a little, but shrugs and waits. She conjures another flame to linger on her hand, toying with it as she waits for...whatever greater arcana Char is putting together.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:50 am

Char finishes a few minutes later and Steam's bonfire grows to twice it's size though it's heat appears to lower to simply being water like a heated bath rather than the intense heat of a roaring fire. Then the center of it pushes outward and a circular hole appears.

Back at the half-ruined building Ketha and Adelinde are, their fire elemental does the same as the fire on Steam's end. Soon the empty circle becomes a portal connecting the two locations.

Char takes Steam's hand and pulls her through the portal. The walk through the fire without harm (even the parts of them that don't really fit into the hole) and walk out of the currently bonfire shaped fire elemental on the other side. As soon as they're through Char turns around and waves her hand at the fire elemental and it goes back to it's "normal" bonfire shape.

"Ta da!" Char proclaims.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Steam is just amazed. "Okay. Next tea party, I wanna learn that one; that is way too cool. This has been so much fun!" She goes to give Char a hug, since it seems like their event is ending and Char'll be heading off soon.
Steam gives the group a small wave as a hello. Her hand is still on fire.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:16 pm

Char gives Steam a big smile, doesn't even look at the others, and walks off.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:41 am

Parveth spent the day watching the passersby and carving a non-rotted piece of wood, eventually shaping it into a fairly nice flute. She plays it some, pausing to carve it a slight more to tune it to a more melodious sound. Eventually, satisfied with it, she moves back into the interior of the building.
She gives Ketha an acknowledging nod as she approaches the fire elemental, having sat outside with Adelinde for most of the day, and speaks to the fire creature in the same tongue of babbling creeks and whirling gentle streams Steam used earlier.
"You did not care I make flute. I want make arrow. Weapon, yes, but not weapon without bow. Bow with Char. You attack if I make arrow?"

This said, if paper/db wants to have conversed with Parveth in this break, please do. She's just pretty independent and okay with doing her own thing.
Also, @ramsus, while I know the fire elemental isn't especially intelligent, Parveth also has that while Ranger primeval awareness thing about being able to communicate simple ideas to beasts and get a read on their emotional states and what you can do to dissuade them from attacking. Elementals are not beasts, I'm aware, but...maybe it plays in some?

[edit] For non-discord roll storage
Insight roll: 10 = (4) +6
Wisdom roll: 16 = (12) +4

Last edited by quietkal on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:44 am

"No weapons." the fire elemental intones loudly back in the Ignan dialect of Primordial in reply.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:43 am

"No, they're but they're not..." she sighs, mumbling to herself briefly, before replying, "Okay. No weapons."
She turns from the elemental and moves back to her spot, picking up her carving tools again. She continues mumbling to herself, something along the lines of 'wow nice job telling it you wanted to make a thing it's here to be vehemently against.'
She resumes carving, attempting to carve resemblances of the queen they parlayed with and her lieutenants.

In case you're curious, no, she's not actually going to try and make weapons, or otherwise try and sneak make weapons, or make things that really even vaguely resemble weapons now.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum