Makara IC

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Adelinde spent most of the day sitting just outside the shack playing on her lyre, simply playing through songs she remembers from memory to kill time. When the portal opens she briefly stops and looks back before frowning and ignoring it to continue playing. Once Char has moved on she sets her lyre aside with a frustrated sigh before getting up and going inside, stopping at the entrance for a moment as she regards Steam.

"...You are aware you're on fire right?"

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:04 pm

"Oh, this little friend?" Steam holds up her flame arm and gives the fire a little pat. "They're just hanging out. Pretty cool though, right?" It's still fire.
The genasi moves over to Adelinde and plops down next to her. "Exciting day here?" She briefly matches eyes with Parveth and gives her a grin, before the wood elf curtly turns back to her carvings.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:33 pm

"...Why are you talking about them like they're alive?" she asks as she moves to sit near the fire. "Doesn't it hurt?"

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:52 pm

"That was a long teatime," comments Ketha, with a hint of caution...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 842
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:06 pm

"Oh, this fire's not alive." She sort of flicks her wrist and the fire on her hand extinguishes. "I mean, not any more alive than you might call regular fire. No, this is just regular ol' magic fire, which can just be on me and not burn me up but is still fire to everything and everyone else." She flicks her wrist back the other way and her hand reignites. "Fun little trick I picked up during teatime. Which is part of why it took so long!" Steam leans backwards, lying down to look over to Ketha with a small smile. "Though I appreciate the concern."

"You said 'part.' You have been gone for many hours; what was the rest?" Parveth flatly inquires, not stopping or looking away from her carving.

Steam takes a moment to think. "Uhh...actual tea. Caught up with an old pal. Had lunch. Made a bunch of new friends. A reasonable amount of fire occurred. Made it rain for a bit. Y'know, usual stuff for a day outing. I assume your day here's been pretty similar?"
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:57 pm

"Are you planning on remaining alight for the foreseeable future then?" she asks somewhat hesitantly.

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:34 pm

"Mm hmm! Probably not while I'm sleeping, don't wanna burn up my blankets, but in most other circumstances yeah, having a little fire friend already hanging out seems good. I can not if me constantly being on fire worries you?"
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:17 pm

"I would assume it would normally worry the person on fire most of all but I suppose that was my mistake." she says under her breath to herself before shaking her head. "I feel like it would worry most people, particularly when we're supposedly not in danger, but if you insist I won't press the issue... unless I have to..."

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Steam kind of stares at Adelinde for a long moment, before saying, "Well, yeah, if it was fire that would actually do stuff to me I wouldn't be crazy about having it up. But like..." She puts her hand in the flame and wiggles her fingers. "It doesn't affect me. Though it would sort of hamper any sort of surprise hug plans I have, what with still being fire to other people. Alright, it's settled! No fire!"
She dismisses the flame.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Adelinde nods "Thank you, if nothing else not having one of my allies constantly aflame puts my mind more at ease."

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Not long after that, food for dinner is delivered.

The next day passes very similarly to the first.

The following day, not long after dawn, the group is brought before Zanthaelis and Char. Char hands Steam the magic items they'd handed over before and says, "We've decided to let you keep these. You did good enough work to earn it." and gives Steam a smile.

Zanthaelis then says, "We've decided we would like you to go back into those tunnels and discover what was behind the magically sealed door you told us of and see what secrets or valuables it might hold or lead to."

Char then hands Steam a scroll, "This spell should open the door."

Zanthaelis says, "As before, you may take what equipment you like. Your previous equipment is over there." He then points at a pile in a corner.


Everyone feel free to give me an Insight check if you like.
Also an Arcana check if you examine the scroll.
And as before you can make a Perception or Investigation check to search for out of the normal equipment that might be around.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:22 am

Rolls:
Steam:
Insight: (9) = (6) +3
Arcana: (11) = (9) +2
Perception: (12) = (11) +1

Parveth:
Insight: (24) = (18) +6
Perception: (21) = (15) +6

seems about right
Steam eagerly takes back the key and eye, with a quiet "yessss." She accepts the scroll, saying, "Oh nice. Now, is this an 'unlock' or a 'blast' open?," before quickly locating her trident again.

Parveth moves to Zanthaelis and offers a small pouch, filled with figurines of the ant people. "I have never crafted as a profession, but I recently came into free time without another outlet. So here, a more visual model of the queen and her lieutenants in case my words did not provide an accurate image of them, as we have set precedent for further encounters with her and her ilk."
She loads up on weapons again, making sure to take many more arrows than should ever be relevant in a single outing.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:31 am

"Zanthar said 'no blasting the door open', so the other thing." Char replies with a mock pout. Zanthaelis rolls his eyes and replies to Parveth, "Thank you. These are very helpful."


I'll give roll results once everyone has rolled.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:38 am

Ketha does not engage in small talk with her captors and looks around for interesting equipment and a quick glance at the scroll...

(Insight Check: 11 + 3 = 14)
(Arcana Check: 1 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)
(Perception Check: 5 + 4 = 9)
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 842
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Adelinde nods in acknowledgement towards Zanthaelis as she goes to reclaim her gear. As she picks up the crossbow she'd used before a glint of light from a nearby barrel catches her eye and she wanders into the maze of gear. She hums in appreciation as she finds a rapier similar in weight and size to the type she'd used in games of fencing with her brother. Testing the balance with a few swings she smiles and sets about looking for a sheath for it. After a little while of searching she returns adjusting the straps of a breastplate she'd swapped her studded armor with, the rapier and a saber of similar length sheathed and attached to her belt,along with a round shield on her back.

rolls:
13+4=17 Arcana
16+2=18 Insight
3+2=5 Perception

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 pm

((I forgot to mention this earlier, but when Char handed back the Ant figurine it had a necklace of simple stones attached to it so it can be worn as an amulet.))

Ketha and Steam don't notice anything, but Adelinde and Parveth notice that Zanthaelis seems to be trying to contain excitement. Parveth gets a bit more insight, thinking his voice sounded a bit pleased or happy or hopeful, something like that.

Ketha notes that, yup, that's a magical scroll alright. Steam and Adelinde identify the spell on the scroll as Knock.

Adelinde finds a single gold coin that must have escaped someone's grasp and rolled away. Ketha finds a bottle of rum. Steam finds a potion of healing. Parveth finds 5 magical arrows with strange blunted heads. After some group identifying time, they are discovered to deal force damage instead of piercing and push a hit target 10 feet away from you.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Parveth puts the magic arrows in a separate container from the rest, not wanting to accidentally mix them in. She comments to Zanthaelis, "You seem excited. Is there something you expect us to find beyond the door?"

Steam 'oohs' at her find before noticing Ketha's find. She stares at Ketha for a long moment, before offering, "So that's a pretty cool drink you found...you wanna trade?" She holds up the healing potion and wiggles it slightly.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Zanthaelis raises an eyebrow in surprise and then gives Parveth a small smirk and replies, "Perhaps. It's good to keep an open mind."

Char looks at Zanthaelis and raises an eyebrow herself, but he offers nothing further.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:50 pm

Parveth stares at Zanthaelis for a long moment, before saying, "Really? Just going to play coy and not give us potentially useful information?"
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Zanthaelis seems very amused by this and chuckles. "Why Parveth my dear, I just did. And now, I have things I must be doing." With that he leaves.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Parveth gives a 'hmmm,' before turning to give Char a questioning eyebrow. She doesn't actually expect the wizard to provide any information, but it doesn't hurt to check.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Char just gives a shrug.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1580
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:56 pm

Adelinde hums and decides to pocket the coin, for luck if nothing else. With the group, her tail flicks bemusedly as Zanth leaves. "...I think he likes you..." she stage whispers to the elf after a moment of silence before checking to make sure her pack is secure and sighing dramatically. "Another day or two underground standing hip deep in giant ants, this is my life now apparently! May as well get it over with." She grouses half jokingly.

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 373
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:43 am

quietkal wrote:Steam 'oohs' at her find before noticing Ketha's find. She stares at Ketha for a long moment, before offering, "So that's a pretty cool drink you found...you wanna trade?" She holds up the healing potion and wiggles it slightly.
Ketha gazes back with a rigid expression. "You drinking is a bad idea," she answers...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 842
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:08 pm

Parveth & Steam
Parveth smiles slightly, amused at the tiefling's interpretation of her and Zanthaelis' interaction. "Mm, I am ready to depart as well."

Steam gives an overdramatic sigh and tucks the healing potion away. She fake whines, "I'm an adult; I can do what I want, MOM." She stares at Ketha for a brief moment, before cracking a grin and adding, "I'm fine not trading. Not sure why rum's in this room of weapons though."
She once again has the trident in hand.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 776
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum