Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makara IC

4 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Makara IC  - Page 27 Empty Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Parveth
The wood elf nods, without taking her eyes off the orb. "Mm. Unfortunately, without more knowledge of the ingredients I cannot offer much more than that. I could offer my suspicions, but they are unfortunately unfounded as of yet." She pauses briefly, before ceasing her study of the orb and looking to Ketha and Adelinde. "I do not trust the queen much, but everyone cares for their own self-interest. It would not benefit her to hinder our combat capacities, so I do not expect it to have too dramatic an effect. I would not be surprised if it has a certain...judgement impairment, however...especially on successive uses. I will admit, I am not enthused about its use, but I have rather exhausted myself on our way here and in the last tunnel. I am strongly considering following Steam's initiative."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Parveth
The wood elf looks up from the orb to notice Adelinde in considerable consternation. "I did not mean to convey these as too dangerous; our genasi friend should awaken quite alright...or as alright as she was before imbibing her orb." The wood elf gently pats Steam on the leg, a debatable amount of affection present in her action. "She should be fine and the same goes for the rest of us, unless there is a particular herb you are unable to abide. We also appear to have the luxury of choice, as well," She nods to the streams of ants not paying any attention to the group, "So if you do not wish to ingest yours you do not have to. In fact, if we could save one amongst us I would like to have a closer look at it when I have the tools available. It would be immensely useful if I could replicate it in the future."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:15 pm

Adelinde frowns as she considers the ball for a long moment before giving a frustrated sigh and leaning forward to try to keep as much of the liquid off her as she takes a bite.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:27 pm

"I am not tired," comments Ketha after Parveth's explainations. "I shall keep watch while you rest."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Parveth
"I appreciate that." The wood elf assumes a sitting posture similar to how she 'slept' the night prior before moving the orb to her mouth and ingesting the liquid contents. She closes her eyes, and mutters as she drifts off, "An underground war between ants was not what I anticipated getting involved in...when I..."
She stops muttering as you assume the sleep takes her. Or whatever it is elves do.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Ketha watches as countless ants go past until the three wake up about half an hour later. They wake up feeling a bit twitchy (their eyes even darting this way and that independent of each other), well rested, feeling a bit warmer than is usual for them (especially in the cool dark underground here), and bursting full of energy. So much energy it's demanding to be used up before it feels like maybe it could actually do some harm. They feel like they couldn't sit still if they were tied down and would like to maybe walk, no maybe some more vigorous excise. Like fighting things or doing some push ups or maybe going for a full out run down the tunnels or bench pressing Ketha! Like right now man! They feel kind of good too in a hard way to grasp. It also takes a moment in the dim and colored light, but they're seeing the world a little blurry in their peripheral vision and... sorta blue tinted. If they try to speak they'll find their words rather rushed and a bit slurred.

Parveth, Steam, and Adelinde get the benefits of a long rest.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Ketha watches over the three as they wake up. "Rested well?" she asks...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:30 pm

Parveth & Steam
The wood elf's eyes snap open as she awakens from the unnatural slumber. She quickly surveys the room they're in, glancing at Ketha several times in the process, before stating, "Imayhave underestimated thenergy instilledby theorbs howlong wereweout?" She begins clenching and unclenching her fists anxiously as she stands in a noticeably controlled manner, her breath somewhat ragged as she attempts to resist the energy's drive to sprint to whatever next front the ants wanted them at.

The genasi immediately bounds to standing when she awakens, eagerly eyeing the immediate area for some way to dispense her dangerously heightened energy. She starts into her forms for stretching, but partway into the first finds the process way too tediously slow. She eyes the streams of ants dangerously, quickly trying to devise some kind of game she could play with them. Maybe hop on the larger ones as they pass, try to get to the other side of the room and then back without touching the floor?
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:33 pm

Apparently the filter between "this sounds fun" and "I'm doing this now" isn't very strong at the moment and Steam finds herself leaping onto a passing iron ant. The ants for their part don't really seem to have much of a reaction to this aside from smaller ones moving out of the way so she doesn't crush them.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Adelinde spends a few seconds on the ground twitching when she wakes up before general restlessness forces her to her feet. She then proceeds to meander around within the immediate area in a hyperactive manner, never going more than about 10 feet before suddenly sharply turning in a new direction while she rapidly hums her way through a song that she keeps starting over because the tempo isn't right or just shifting to a completely different song at random.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:55 pm

Ketha looks over her group with concern. "Half an hour," answers Ketha, "Are you okay in this state?" She then turns her attention to Steam. "Steam, do not act reckless!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Parveth & Steam
The wood elf nods quickly as Ketha speaks, answering a little too loudly before the dragonborn even finishes, "MHMM-MHMM-MHMM-NOT-FEELING-GREAT OR-MAYBE-I'M-A-LITTLE-TOO-GREAT-RIGHT-NOW THINKING-IT-MIGHT-BE-A-LITTLE-TOO-GREAT YOU-STAY-RIGHT-HERE-I'LL-GO-GET-STEAM." Without waiting for a response she sprints in the direction of Steam aiming to tackle and forcibly wrangle the disastrously energized genasi back in line.

Steam, in the meantime, just has a maniacal grin on her face as she continues bounding around the room using the extra-large ants as platforms. "I'll be as reckless as I want! You're not my mom!" She then notices Parveth sprinting towards her, and immediately lets out a worried yelp. "Noooo! You're not my mom either!"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Things go on like that for several minutes before a communication ant comes along and instructs the group to follow it. The overly energetic trio rush along and then up ahead of it and Ketha has no choice but to follow along (if not quite so quickly) or be left behind all alone. Over the next hour the trio excise their excess energy attacking the opposing ants they come across amidst the hoard of allies and performing other actions to keep themselves from just running straight to the head of the column of ants. Afterwards their energy levels slowly go back down to regular levels of simply well rested and Ketha is finally able to catch up. Over the following hour the ants split up down one tunnel or another, but the group is still traveling with a sizable group of ants including the same communication ant. At the end of that time they hear the sounds of a most furious battle ahead. Before they can even consider hanging back, the communication gives them a mental prodding to go forth and battle.

The tunnel they were in widens out to the largest space they've seen aside from the queen's chambers. Or rather one should say the other queen's chambers. Thanks to fires lit by fire ants here and there in the already begun battle the group can see clear across the space and aside from a great many ants they see on the far side of the space from them the largest ant they've seen yet by far, clearly a queen. It would be noticeable for more than just it's size and body type though, as it's chitin is golden and shines in the firelight and it's surrounded by ants and even has many crawling all over it attending to it.

Here and there they can see piles of eggs and masses of ants of both sides. It shouldn't be surprising that, at least for the moment, the resident queen's forces outnumber those of the group's allied queen. Which means they'll have plenty of attention to give to the group. Fortunately the group has a small group of ants backing them up as well. It's a mixed blessing that one is a communication ant as this means they might be able to coordinate with their allies to some extent, but also the queen will likely have a very good understanding of just how helpful they prove themselves to be.

As they enter the battle area proper the group feels a large surge of magic emanating from the golden queen ant and get a sudden headache like something is assaulting their minds and see the allied ants begin to freak out, but less than a second later they feel smaller magic emanate out from all of the communication ants including the one next to them. They can still feel some magic coming from the golden queen ant, but it's not focused on them.

A moment later one of the massive ants moves up to them and does something unusual for what they're used to and stops short, pincers readied to snap at anything that gets near.

Battle Map

Ketha gets the benefits of a short rest. I'm just assuming Ketha spent a hit die and rolled well enough to be fully healed. If Paper wants to say otherwise, she would have been at 24 hp at the start of this battle.

Note that battling ants and eggs grant cover.

Large Bull Ant 2 moves from P&Q 12&13 to N&O 6&7 and readies an action to Bite the first enemy that approaches it.

Initiative
Large Bull Ant 2: 21 (N&O 6&7)
Parveth: 20.6 (N2)
Steam: 20.5 (N1)
Medium Red Ant 2: 20.4 (X14)
Medium Red Ant 6: 20.3 (Q28)
Acid Spraying Ant 6: 20.2 (O25)
Ant Swarm 5: 20.1 (X25)
Ant Swarm 7: 20 (P33)
Flying Ant Swarm 6: 19.6 (I37)
Flying Ant Swarm 2: 19.5 (R23)
Small Black Ant 3: 19.4 (S8)
Small Black Ant 4: 19.3 (R9)
Small Black Ant 10: 19.2 (S20)
Ant Swarm 3: 19.1 (D16)
Small Black Ant 21: 19 (P30)
Small Black Ant A: 18.3 (K3)
Small Black Ant 7: 18.2 (H16)
Small Black Ant 8: 18.1 (H20)
Flying Ant Swarm 4: 18 (W29)
Small Black Ant E: 17.3 (O3)
Medium Red Ant 1: 17.2 (R5)
Acid Spraying Ant 1: 17.1 (D11)
Acid Spraying Ant 2: 17 (V11)
Large Bull Ant 1: 16.7 (J&K 10&11)
Large Bull Ant 4: 16.6 (D&E 24&25)
Medium Black Ant 10: 16.5 (N25)
Small Black Ant 2: 16.4 (R8)
Small Black Ant 11: 16.3 (Y26)
Small Black Ant 16: 16.2 (Q29)
Ant Swarm 1: 16.1 (Q6)
Medium Black Ant 14: 16 (N30)
Medium Black Ant 2: 15.4 (I10)
Medium Black Ant 7: 15.3 (X29)
Small Black Ant 5: 15.2 (C10)
Small Black Ant 15: 15.1 (J37)
Medium Black Ant 13: 15 (O27)
Medium Red Ant 8: 14.3 (K37)
Small Black Ant 14: 14.2 (D32)
Flying Ant Swarm 5: 14.1 (S33)
Small Black Ant 22: 14 (O31)
Medium Black Ant 1: 13.3 (I5)
Medium Black Ant 6: 13.2 (V30)
Flying Ant Swarm 3: 13.1 (M24)
Small Black Ant 20: 13 (O29)
Small Black Ant D: 12.2 (N3)
Medium Red Ant 4: 12.1 (W23)
Small Black Ant 6: 12 (K15)
Small Black Ant 19: 11 (N28)
Flying Ant Swarm 1: 10 (O14)
Small Black Ant 17: 9.2 (Q30)
Acid Spraying Ant 7: 9.1 (M27)
Small Black Ant 18: 9 (P26)
Ketha: 8.3 (M2)
Small Black Ant 9: 8.2 (R20)
Small Black Ant 13: 8.1 (X30)
Acid Spraying Ant 9: 8 (M32)
Large Bull Ant 5: 7.2 (I&J 34&35)
Medium Black Ant 12: 7.1 (M28)
Acid Spraying Ant 3: 7 (U18)
Adelinde: 6.2 (M1)
Small Black Ant B: 6.1 (L3)
Golden Queen Ant: 6 (N-P 26-32)
Small Black Ant C: 5.2 (M3)
Small Black Ant 1: 5.1 (H5)
Ant Swarm 4: 5 (J21)
Large Bull Ant 3: 4.5 (N&O 19&20)
Medium Red Ant 3: 4.4 (L14)
Medium Red Ant 5: 4.3 (H26)
Medium Black Ant 4: 4.2 (J14)
Acid Spraying Ant 8: 4.1 (Q27)
Ant Swarm 6: 4 (M31)
Psychic Ant: 3.7 (L2)
Medium Black Ant 3: 3.6 (V12)
Medium Black Ant 5: 3.5 (W19)
Medium Black Ant 8: 3.4 (E31)
Medium Black Ant 11: 3.3(P25)
Small Black Ant 12: 3.2 (E27)
Acid Spraying Ant 5: 3.1 (E32)
Ant Swarm 2: 3 (Y10)
Fire Ant: 2 (O2)
Medium Red Ant 7: 1.2 (F32)
Medium Black Ant 9: 1.1 (R34)
Acid Spraying Ant 4: 1 (F27)

Info
Ketha: 31/31
Steam: 24/24
Parveth: 25/25
Adelinde: 24/24
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:47 pm

Parveth
Knowing there's not much time to waste, Parveth quickly lines up a shot at the immense ant guarding them against going further into the room. She mumbles something in elvish beneath her breath before firing an arrow into the maw in front of them.
Mechanics:

Steam
Knowing they're already being pressed upon from behind, allied ants doing what they can to keep their group from being routed, Steam makes a "Fwoosh!" and conjures a ball of flame ahead of them, trying to begin opening space so they don't become an ant-bread sandwich with creamy people-filling. Mmm, sandwich.
Mechanics:
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:25 pm

The massive ant looks seriously wounded, but it's still up for now.

The golden queen's ants move forward, few getting within reach of the group. Many hovering around the queen. Some biting at the group of battling ants while they make their way closer. A pair of the small acid spraying ants do cross streams across the party. The first stream so weak that while it does slightly splash Ketha, she doesn't even feel it and Steam is more annoyed than hurt. The other stream was much stronger, causing Parveth to almost lose concentration on her spell and giving Adelinde quite severe burns.

Their allies so far accomplishing nothing, aside from a pair of them dying. One getting itself killed as it approached to almost dead massive ant that proved it still had some fight left in it.

Parveth's attack hits Large Bull Ant 2. It fails it's save vs Flaming Sphere.

Medium Red Ant 2 takes a bite out of an ant in the nearest Battling Ants and moves from X14 to T8.

Medium Red Ant 6 takes no actions.

Acid Spraying Ant 6 takes no actions.

Ant Swarm 5 dashes from X25 to P17.

Ant Swarm 7 takes no actions.

Flying Ant Swarm 6 dashes from I37 to J25.

Flying Ant Swarm 2 dashes from R23 to O11.

Small Black Ant 3 moves from S8 to O4 and Bites Small Black Ant E for ? slashing damage.

Small Black Ant 4 moves from R9 to N4 and misses Small Black Ant D.

Small Black Ant 10 dashes from S20 to P8.

Ant Swarm 3 moves from D16 to D12, on the way it bites the Battling Ants it passes through.

Small Black Ant 21 takes no actions.

Small Black Ant A moves from K3 to O5 and is interrupted by Large Bull Ant 2's successful bite, which kills it.

Small Black Ant 7 moves from H16 to E13, bites the Battling Ants, then moves to H10.

Small Black Ant 8 bites the Battling Ants then moves from H20 to H14.

Flying Ant Swarm 4 moves from W29 to X23, biting the Battling Ants on it's way past.

Small Black Ant E Bites Small Black Ant 3 dealing ? slashing damage.

Medium Red Ant 1 walks on the walls, moving from R5 to P2 and misses Fire Ant with a Sting.

Acid Spraying Ant 1 moves from D11 to J5 and uses Acid Spray on Small Black Ant B (fails, takes ? acid damage), Ketha (succeeds, takes 0 acid damage (thanks to nat 20 + only .5 damage)), and Steam (succeeds, takes 2 acid damage, resisted to 1).

Steam concentration check: 16, pass.

Acid Spraying Ant 2 moves from V11 to R6 and uses Acid Spray on Battling Ants, Small Black Ant E (succeeds, takes ? acid damage), Parveth (fails, takes 8 acid damage), & Adelinde (succeeds, takes 10 acid damage).

Parveth concentration check: 10, pass (barely).

Large Bull Ant 1 moves from J&K 10&11 to J&K 6&7 and readies a Bite at the first enemy to come in range.

Large Bull Ant 4 dashes from D&E 24&25 to E&F 12&13.

Medium Black Ant 10 does nothing.

Small Black Ant 2 moves from R8 to M4 and Bites Small Black Ant C for ? slashing damage.

Small Black Ant 11 Bites Battling Ants and moves from Y26 to S20.

Small Black Ant 16 does nothing.

Ant Swarm 1 moves from Q6 to O3 and misses Small Black Ant E.

Medium Black Ant 14 does nothing.

Medium Black Ant 2 moves from I10 to K4 and Bites Small Black Ant B for ? slashing damage, killing it.

Medium Black Ant 7 bites Battling Ants and moves from X29 to X24.

Small Black Ant 5 moves from C10 to G5 and Bites Battling Ants.

Small Black Ant 15 Bites Battling Ants and moves from J37 to J31.

Medium Black Ant 13 does nothing.

Medium Red Ant 8 bites Battling Ants and moves from K37 to K31.

Small Black Ant 14 dashes from D32 to H20.

Flying Ant Swarm 5 dashes from S33 to P21.

Small Black Ant 22 does nothing.

Medium Black Ant 1 moves from I5 to L1 and misses Adelinde.

Medium Black Ant 6 Bites Battling Ants and moves from V30 to V24.

Flying Ant Swarm 3 moves from M24 to L18, Biting Battling Swarm on the way past.

Small Black Ant 20 does nothing.

Small Black Ant D misses Small Black Ant 4.

Medium Red Ant 4 Bites Battling Ants and moves from W23 to W17.

Small Black Ant 6 dashes from K15 to K3.

Small Black Ant 19 does nothing.

Flying Ant Swarm 1 dashes from O14 to N3.

Small Black Ant 17 does nothing.

Acid Spraying Ant 7 does nothing.

Small Black Ant 18 does nothing.

Initiative
Large Bull Ant 2: 21 (N&O 6&7) (Hunter's Mark)
Medium Red Ant 2: 20.4 (T8)
Ant Swarm 5: 20.1 (P17)
Flying Ant Swarm 6: 19.6 (J25)
Flying Ant Swarm 2: 19.5 (O11)
Small Black Ant 3: 19.4 (O4)
Small Black Ant 4: 19.3 (N4)
Small Black Ant 10: 19.2 (P8)
Ant Swarm 3: 19.1 (D12)
Small Black Ant 7: 18.2 (H10)
Small Black Ant 8: 18.1 (H14)
Medium Red Ant 1: 17.2 (P2)
Acid Spraying Ant 1: 17.1 (J5)
Acid Spraying Ant 2: 17 (R6)
Large Bull Ant 1: 16.7 (J&K 6&7) (readied Bite)
Large Bull Ant 4: 16.6 (E&F 12&13)
Small Black Ant 2: 16.4 (M4)
Small Black Ant 11: 16.3 (S20)
Ant Swarm 1: 16.1 (O3)
Medium Black Ant 2: 15.4 (K4)
Medium Black Ant 7: 15.3 (X24)
Small Black Ant 5: 15.2 (G5)
Small Black Ant 15: 15.1 (J31)
Medium Red Ant 8: 14.3 (K31)
Small Black Ant 14: 14.2 (H20)
Flying Ant Swarm 5: 14.1 (P21)
Medium Black Ant 1: 13.3 (L1)
Medium Black Ant 6: 13.2 (V24)
Flying Ant Swarm 3: 13.1 (L18)
Medium Red Ant 4: 12.1 (W17)
Small Black Ant 6: 12 (K3)
Flying Ant Swarm 1: 10 (N3)
Small Black Ant 9: 8.2 (R20)
Small Black Ant 13: 8.1 (X30)
Acid Spraying Ant 9: 8 (M32)
Large Bull Ant 5: 7.2 (I&J 34&35)
Acid Spraying Ant 3: 7 (U18)

Info
Steam: 23/24, concentrating on Flaming Sphere (+2 & advantage)
Parveth: 17/25, concentrating on Hunter's Mark (+1)
Adelinde: 14/24
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:05 pm

Ketha attempts to get a swing at the ant closest to her...

(Booming Blade Attack Roll (Large Bull Ant 2): 4 (Roll) + 6 (Str) = 10)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Ketha's swing just barely misses the large and as several more come closer to the group.

Ketha's attack misses.

Small Black Ant 9 dashes from R20 to Q8.

Small Black Ant 13 Bites Battling Ants and moves from X30 to W24.

Acid Spraying Ant 9 dashes from M32 to M25.

Large Bull Ant 5 dashes from I&J 34&35 to K&L 22&23.

Medium Black Ant 12 does nothing.

Acid Spraying Ant 3 dashes from U18 to S6.

Initiative
Large Bull Ant 2: 21 (N&O 6&7) (Hunter's Mark)
Small Black Ant 2: 16.4 (M4)
Small Black Ant 9: 8.2 (Q8)
Small Black Ant 13: 8.1 (W24)
Acid Spraying Ant 9: 8 (M25)
Large Bull Ant 5: 7.2 (K&L 22&23)
Acid Spraying Ant 3: 7 (S6)

Info
Steam: 23/24, concentrating on Flaming Sphere (+2 & advantage)
Parveth: 17/25, concentrating on Hunter's Mark (+1)
Adelinde: 14/24
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Adelinde stares wide eyed for a moment at the situation they find themselves in before shaking herself back into action, clapping her hands together and slapping them on Ketha and Parveth's backs again leaving familiar silver hand prints. Muttering a short chant as she does for herself.

"We really need to clear out some space immediately around us and start breaking this all down into more manageable bits, I think!"
stuff:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:38 pm

The Golden Queen Ant does.... something of an arcane nature and suddenly her ants seem more coordinated. Some ants attack and kill each other. Notably one of your allies gets skewered by a massive ant's stinger before said ant is roasted alive by Steam's firey sphere. Also the communication ant casts a spell of sorts, psychically aiding Ketha, Parveth, and Steam.

Golden Queen Ant does ???. You can make arcana checks to figure out what.

Small Black Ant C Bites Small Black Ant 2 for ? slashing damage, killing it.

Small Black Ant 1 moves from H5 to K1 and Bites Psychic Ant for ? slashing damage.

Ant Swarm 4 Bites at Battling Ants as it moves from J21 to J17.

Large Bull Ant 3 dashes from N&O 19&20 to M&N 8&9.

Medium Red Ant 3 dashes from L14 to L3.

Medium Red Ant 5 from H26 to H21 and Bites Battling Ants.

Medium Black Ant 4 dashes from J14 to K2.

Acid Spraying Ant 8 does nothing.

Ant Swarm 6 does nothing.

Psychic Ant L2 casts Bless on Ketha, Steam, and Parveth.

Medium Black Ant 3 Bites Battling Ants and moves from V12 to P6.

Medium Black Ant 5 moves from W19 to W13 and Bites Battling Ants.

Medium Black Ant 8 dashes from E31 to H19.

Medium Black Ant 11 does nothing.

Small Black Ant 12 dashes from E27 to E15.

Acid Spraying Ant 5 dashes from E32 to E20.

Ant Swarm 2 Bites Battling Ants as it moves from Y10 to U7.

Fire Ant Bites Medium Red Ant 1 for ? slashing damage.

Medium Red Ant 7 dashes from F32 to F20.

Medium Black Ant 9 dashes from R34 to R22.

Acid Spraying Ant 4 dashes from F27 to E14.

Large Bull Ant 2 moves from N&O 6&7 to L&M 4&5 and Stings Small Black Ant C for ? piercing damage and no save for poison damage because the piercing damage killed it. Then it takes (save failed) 9 fire damage from Flaming Sphere and dies.
Initiative
Golden Queen Ant: 6 (N-P 26-32) (???)
Small Black Ant 1: 5.1 (K1)
Ant Swarm 4: 5 (J17)
Large Bull Ant 3: 4.5 (M&N 8&9)
Medium Red Ant 3: 4.4 (L3)
Medium Red Ant 5: 4.3 (H21)
Medium Black Ant 4: 4.2 (K2)
Psychic Ant: 3.7 (L2) (concentrating on Bless)
Medium Black Ant 3: 3.6 (P6)
Medium Black Ant 5: 3.5 (W13)
Medium Black Ant 8: 3.4 (H19)
Medium Black Ant 11: 3.3 (P25)
Small Black Ant 12: 3.2 (E15)
Acid Spraying Ant 5: 3.1 (E20)
Ant Swarm 2: 3 (U7)
Medium Red Ant 7: 1.2 (F20)
Medium Black Ant 9: 1.1 (R22)
Acid Spraying Ant 4: 1 (E14)

Info
Ketha: 31/31, Temp HP: 5, Bless
Steam: 23/24, Bless, concentrating on Flaming Sphere (+2 & advantage)
Parveth: 17/25, Temp HP: 5, Bless, concentrating on Hunter's Mark (+1)
Adelinde: 20/24, concentrating on Heroism (+2 & advantage)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:56 am

Parveth
The wood elf nods and gives something of a grunt of affirmation in response to Adelinde, but doesn't say much beyond that, focusing on shooting arrows as fast as she can into the things around them.
Mechanics:

Steam
"Okidoke!," Steam chirps. She launches a blast of energy at the red ant trying to sneak around on her side, and motions for the fire orb to move a little closer to the group, trying to make an ant sandwich. With fire bread. It'd be open-faced but still toasty and delicious.
Mechanics:
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:34 am

ANT BATTLE! The last of your ally small black ants die and your allied fire ant is (ironically) not looking so hot. Ketha and Parveth each took their own hits. Two small ants rushed in to die in a fire trying to get at Ketha.

Between the two of them, Parveth and Steam kill Medium Red Ant 3. Medium Black Ant 4 is missed. Medium Red Ant 1 is hit, but still alive.

Medium Red Ant 2 Bites Battling Ants as it moves from T8 to N5.

Medium Red Ant 6 does nothing.

Acid Spraying Ant 6 does nothing.

Ant Swarm 5 dashes from P17 to O9.

Ant Swarm 7 does nothing.

Flying Ant Swarm 6 moves from J25 to K19 and Bites Battling Ants.

Flying Ant Swarm 2 dashes from O11 to O2.

Small Black Ant 3 Bites Small Black Ant E for ? slashing damage, killing it.

Small Black Ant 4 Bites Small Black Ant D for ? slashing damage.

Small Black Ant 10 moves from P8 to O3 and crits Small Black Ant D, overkilling it.

Ant Swarm 3 Bites Battling Ants as it moves from D12 to F9.

Small Black Ant 21 does nothing.

Small Black Ant 7 Bites Battling Ants as it moves from H10 to I5.

Small Black Ant 8 moves from H14 to K8 and Dodges.

Flying Ant Swarm 4 Bites Battling Ants as it moves from W29 to V17.

Medium Red Ant 1 Stings Fire Ant for ? piercing damage and (DC 11 con save: succeeds) ? poison damage.

Acid Spraying Ant 1 bites Battling Ants.

Acid Spraying Ant 2 moves from R6 to O5 and Bites Battling Ants.

Large Bull Ant 1 moves from J&K 6&7 to Q&R 5&6 and Bites Battling Ants.

Large Bull Ant 4 Bites Battling Ants and moves from E&F 12&13 to K&L 6&7.

Medium Black Ant 10 does nothing.

Small Black Ant 11 dashes from S20 to O8.

Small Black Ant 16 does nothing.

Ant Swarm 1 moves from O3 to N2 and Bites Parveth for 10 piercing damage.

Parveth concentration check: 17 pass.

Medium Black Ant 14 does nothing.

Medium Black Ant 2 moves from K4 to M3 and Bites Ketha for 6 piercing damage. Then fails it's save vs flaming sphere and takes 12 fire damage.

Medium Black Ant 7 Bites Battling Ants and moves from X24 to W18.

Small Black Ant 5 moves from G5 to L3 and misses Ketha then dies from the flaming sphere.

Small Black Ant 15 dashes from J31 to L19.

Medium Black Ant 13 does nothing.

Medium Red Ant 8 dashes from K31 to L20.

Small Black Ant 14 Bites Battling Ants then moves from H20 to H14.

Flying Ant Swarm 5 dashes from P21 to P9.

Small Black Ant 22 does nothing.

Medium Black Ant 1 misses Adelinde.

Medium Black Ant 6 Bites Battling Ants as it moves from V24 to V18.

Flying Ant Swarm 3 Bites Battling Ants as it moves from L18 to K13.

Small Black Ant 20 does nothing.

Medium Red Ant 4 moves from W17 to V11 and Bites Battling Ants.

Small Black Ant 6 moves from K3 to L3 and misses Ketha and dies from the flaming sphere.

Small Black Ant 19 does nothing.

Flying Ant Swarm 1 moves from N3 to M2 and misses Ketha.

Small Black Ant 17 does nothing.

Acid Spraying Ant 7 does nothing.

Small Black Ant 18 does nothing.
Initiative
Medium Red Ant 2: 20.4 (N5)
Ant Swarm 5: 20.1 (O9)
Flying Ant Swarm 2: 19.5 (O2)
Small Black Ant 10: 19.2 (O3)
Ant Swarm 3: 19.1 (F9)
Small Black Ant 7: 18.2 (I5)
Small Black Ant 8: 18.1 (K8) (Dodge)
Acid Spraying Ant 2: 17 (O5)
Large Bull Ant 1: 16.7 (Q&R 5&6)
Large Bull Ant 4: 16.6 (K&L 6&7)
Small Black Ant 11: 16.3 (O8)
Ant Swarm 1: 16.1 (N2)
Medium Black Ant 2: 15.4 (M3)
Medium Black Ant 7: 15.3 (W18)
Small Black Ant 15: 15.1 (L19)
Medium Red Ant 8: 14.3 (L20)
Small Black Ant 14: 14.2 (H14)
Flying Ant Swarm 5: 14.1 (P9)
Medium Black Ant 6: 13.2 (V18)
Flying Ant Swarm 3: 13.1 (K13)
Medium Red Ant 4: 12.1 (V11)
Flying Ant Swarm 1: 10 (M2)

Info
Ketha: 30/31, Temp HP: 5, Bless
Parveth: 12/25, Temp HP: 0, Bless, concentrating on Hunter's Mark (+1)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Ketha tries to figure out what the Queen did, but the ant's bite causes her to lose her focus. She retaliates by swinging at the ant she attempted to attack earlier...

(Arcana Check: 2 (Roll) + 4 (Skill) = 6)
(Booming Blade Attack Roll (Medium Black Ant 1): 14 (Roll) + 6 (Str) + 2 (Roll) = 22)
(Damage Roll: 4 + 4 (Roll) + 4 (Str) = 12)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Ketha's blow deals a good deal of damage, but the ant still lives. More ants move in closer, but only one moves in close enough to attack and Parveth sidesteps it with ease.

Ketha's attack hits, but doesn't kill.

Small Black Ant 9 moves from Q8 to N3 and misses Parveth.

Small Black Ant 13 Bites Battling Ants as it moves from W24 to X18.

Acid Spraying Ant 9 does nothing.

Large Bull Ant 5 Bites Battling Ants as it moves from K&L 22&23 to K&L 16&17.

Medium Black Ant 12 does nothing.

Acid Spraying Ant 3 moves from S6 to S4 and Bites Battling Ants.

Initiative
Medium Red Ant 2: 20.4 (N5)
Small Black Ant 10: 19.2 (O3)
Acid Spraying Ant 2: 17 (O5)
Medium Black Ant 2: 15.4 (M3)
Medium Black Ant 1: 13.3 (L1) (Booming Blade)
Flying Ant Swarm 1: 10 (M2)
Large Bull Ant 5: 7.2 (K&L 16&17)

Info
Parveth: 12/25, Temp HP: 0, Bless, concentrating on Hunter's Mark (+1)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:03 am

Adelinde quickly chants through a short healing spell again, focused on Parveth this time as she draws her saber from her hip and slashes at the ant Ketha had previously wounded.

stuff:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:21 pm

Adelinde's blow cuts the head off the large ant. Ants march slowly forward, one marching right past Parveth who tries to give it a swift kick, though it misses and the ant winds up chomping on Steam. The communication ant psychically hurls the entire swarm of flying ants that had been pestering Ketha past the ball of fire so that they are raked by the flames before they are smashed into the ground a bit away. Then the fire ant sprays a blast of fire, clearing away everything the flames sweep over.... which still leaves half of a swarm of flying ants buzzing around it.

Adelinde's attack hits and kills Medium Black Ant 1.

Golden Queen Ant does nothing.

Small Black Ant 1 moves from K1 to L1 and Bites Adelinde for 1 slashing damage.

Adelinde concentration check: 17, pass.

Ant Swarm 4 dashes from J17 to K9.

Large Bull Ant 3 moves from M&N 8&9 to N&O 6&7 and Dodges.

Medium Red Ant 5 Bites Battling Ants and moves from H21 to H15.

Medium Black Ant 4 moves from K2 to K1 and misses Psychic Ant.

Acid Spraying Ant 8 does nothing.

Ant Swarm 6 does nothing.

Psychic Ant uses Telekinetic Thrust on Flying Ant Swarm 1, pushing them through the Flaming Sphere's square to J6. Flying Ant Swarm 1 takes ? fire damage.

Medium Black Ant 3 moves from P6 to O1. It provokes an attack of opportunity from Parveth when it leaves O3.

Parveth Unarmed Opportunity Attack on Medium Black Ant 3...misses.

Medium Black Ant 3 then Bites Steam for 8 piercing damage.

Steam concentration check: 17, pass.

Medium Black Ant 5 Bites Battling Ants then moves from W13 to R7.

Medium Black Ant 8 Bites Battling Ants then moves from H19 to H13.

Medium Black Ant 11 does nothing.

Small Black Ant 12 Bites Battling Ants then moves from E15 to I9.

Acid Spraying Ant 5 moves from E20 to D14 and Bites Battling Ants.

Ant Swarm 2 dashes from U7 to N1.

Fire Ant uses Fire Breath on Flying Ant Swarm 2 (fails, takes ? fire damage), Medium Black Ant 2 (succeeds, takes ? fire damage, dies), Small Black Ant 9 (succeeds, takes ? fire damage, dies) , Small Black Ant 10 (succeeds, takes ? fire damage, dies), Small Black Ant 4 (fails, takes ? fire damage, dies), Small Black Ant 3 (succeeds, takes ? fire damage, dies), Medium Red Ant 2 (fails, takes ? fire damage, dies), & Acid Spraying Ant 2 (succeeds, takes ? fire damage, dies).

Medium Red Ant 7 moves from F20 to D13 and Bites Battling Ants.

Medium Black Ant 9 dashes from R22 to O10.

Acid Spraying Ant 4 moves from E14 to to D15 and Bites Battling Ants then moves from D15 to H9.

Initiative
Flying Ant Swarm 1: 10 (J6)
Large Bull Ant 5: 7.2 (K&L 16&17)
Small Black Ant 1: 5.1 (L1)
Ant Swarm 4: 5 (K9)
Large Bull Ant 3: 4.5 (N&O 6&7) (Dodge)
Medium Red Ant 5: 4.3 (H15)
Medium Black Ant 4: 4.2 (K1)
Medium Black Ant 3: 3.6 (O1)
Medium Black Ant 5: 3.5 (R7)
Medium Black Ant 8: 3.4 (H13)
Small Black Ant 12: 3.2 (I9)
Acid Spraying Ant 5: 3.1 (D14)
Ant Swarm 2: 3 (N1)
Medium Red Ant 7: 1.2 (D13)
Medium Black Ant 9: 1.1 (O10)
Acid Spraying Ant 4: 1 (H9)

Info
Steam: 15/24, Bless, concentrating on Flaming Sphere (+2 & advantage)
Parveth: 20/25, Temp HP: 5, Bless, concentrating on Hunter's Mark (+1)
Adelinde: 19/24, concentrating on Heroism (+2 & advantage)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next