Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slice of Night

+3
quietkal
Paper Shadow
SubjectZ
7 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Slice of Night  - Page 9 Empty Re: Slice of Night

Post  SubjectZ Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:22 am

Lyre rushes at her, but he feels his mind soften, and he lands on her with all the ferocity of a newborn kitten. She tosses him aside, and turns, clearly preparing a spell. Lyre begins to feel woozy."You want to see me try? Fine. Now I'm trying."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a result of her trying, everyone feels a disturbance in the magical fabric around them, like a faint electrical aftershock.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:27 am

"The hay was that!?" Cloudcast asks, quite accusingly.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:28 am

Lyre, still very angry but knowing that if that thing hits it's gonna mean bad things, takes a deep breath and exhales a puff of flame, using his natural talents to turn it into a blinding display of lights.

Meta:
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:30 am

She yells and stumbles backwards, and Lyre sees her horn stop glowing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quiet Compassion stops, and, looking extremely nervous, says, "I-I'm sure it's nothing, heh! I... er, could you excuse me a moment?" He gets up quickly and walks out, leaving the door slightly ajar.

Last edited by SubjectZ on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:36 am

Cloudcast doesn't even subtle and follows after him.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:39 am

Smoke follows as well, but with subtle...

(Stealth Roll: 14 (Roll) + 20 (Bonus) = 34)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:47 am

Lyre, seeing this as an opportunity, lunges for the officer, fueling all his anger into a sort of draconic rage, giving him more strength and endurance. "This is MY mind! You have no right to be poking around in it like some sort of market! I have dealt with too much trouble today to let you control me! THIS IS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE! If I go down, I WILL GO DOWN FIGHTING, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUSH SOMEONE TO THEIR LIMIT!"

Roll:
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:51 am

Lyre feels adrenaline flood him, as his pupils dilate, the room seems to grow smaller around him, and he bowls over the officer, who slams into a bookcase and falls over, moaning. He notices that the books have titles like, Knowledge of weather patterns and such. He notices a particularly large one has landed next to the officer, titled, Draconic Ancestry
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:57 am

Lyre, still fully enraged but overcome with curiosity, picks up the book. "Is this... About me?" He wonders to himself before flipping through it.

Roll:
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 am

Lyre notices vague words, and chapter titles like, "Bahamut and Tiamat", and, "Korlandis's revenge" They all seem to relate to a common theme of dragon history. History Lyre shouldn't have any way of knowing.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:55 am

As he leaves, Heartfelt worriedly asks, "...quiet?," and moves to look out the door, but doesn't leave the room or Quilted.
meta:
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Eclair jumps a little at the magical spike and blinks as everyone walks out the door.Takijng to the air with a beat of her wings, she flies out the door and a small distance down the hall before stopping and turning back, noticing Felt staying behind."Escuse-moi, but is somezing ze matter? Are you not coming to find our little scaly friend?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Heartfelt continues to frown, before managing half a smile. "N-no...I'll...I'll wait here with Quilted...in case somepony is wondering where we all went."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:39 am

"Si vous êtes sûr, Madame. Ozers must 'ave felt zat as well... I'm sure finding us will be... 'ow you say... 'no problem' oui?" She tips her beret towards Heartfelt. "Au revoir zen, mon ami! If you get lonely, please don't hesitate to find us!" And with that she turns and flies down the hall after the others.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Heartfelt continues her half-smile and waves goodbye as Eclair flies around the corner. After a moment, she trots back into the room and takes a seat next to Quilted with a small smile and a quiet, "hey." She pulls out a ball of yarn and starts knitting a blanket.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:43 am

Quilted looks very... shocked, to say the least. She manages a small, "H-hey. I-is Lyre gonna be okay?" She looks up at you with big, inquisitive, eyes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rest of you, (excluding Lyre of course), follow Compassion down a dimly lit corridor, make a couple lefts, a right, and what appears to be a couple random zig-zags. You feel the magical disturbance get stronger as you follow, a creeping, static feeling making every hair stand on end. You reach a lone door, tightly shut, with Swift Justice standing outside. He turns as you all round the corner, and looks at Quiet Compassion, asking with the barest hint of a grin on his face, "What's up? Here to check on the dragonling?" Compassion attempts to say something, but is cut off by Swift, who says, "Don't worry, we're definitely getting somewhere with him." He peers over Quiet's shoulder, seeing all of you but Smoke Screen, who decided to wait behind the corner. He then says harshly, "Hay! Why are they here?" Compassion shrinks back, having lost most of the color in his face when he noticed you all behind him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lyre examines the book, but notices the words are beginning to get blurrier and blurrier, almost as if they're fading off the page.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:04 am

SubjectZ wrote:Quilted looks very... shocked, to say the least. She manages a small, "H-hey. I-is Lyre gonna be okay?" She looks up at you with big, inquisitive, eyes.
Heartfelt stops her knitting and puts a hoof around Quilted, gently pulling the filly against her side with a small smile. "We're in a police station, and Lyre's innocent. He'll be okay. Besides, Quiet Compassion is here; he'll make sure Lyre gets a fair shake."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 pm

Cloudcast quickly appraises the situation and notices that Smoke Screen was purposely being sneaky. She eyed a spot where, with appropriate cover Smoke Screen could potentially (if he was really good at sneaking) pass by unseen. As she stepped forward to address Swift Justice she kicked over some of the vapor trailing off her spear to swirl around the spot of potential cover, making seeing anything passing through there in the next few moments hazy and hard for people who weren't looking directly at the spot to notice anything with their peripheral vision since the motion would just mentally blend in with the swirling motion of the gas. She then said, "We're all here cuz we could sense yer magic from all the way back where all were an' that ain't normal. What the hay do ya'll think yer up to?"

Weather-crafting assist check to Smoke Screen's Stealth check: 16 + 12 + 5 (FK Architecture) = 33
and using Generosity to boost it as well.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:06 pm

Smoke Screen had stayed back, waiting for an opportunity to sneak past the officer at the door. He spotted Cloudcast's spear's vaper begin to leave some cover through an ideal route to the door. He felt that, from where the vaper was, the cover would protect him from view, and he took his chance, sneaking through the haze and slowly opened the door carefully so it wouldn't creak or swing open, or rattle if for some reason the police felt that it needed both a guard waiting on the outside and locked...

(Stealth Check: 13 (Roll) + 20 (Bonus) + 15 (Cloudcast's Generosity) (+ 2 (Assist Bonus)) = 48 (50)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:25 pm

"Damn it!" Lyre sighed under his breath. How is this in my mind? I don't know any of that... He thought to himself, before shaking his head and looking back at the (hopefully) unconscious officer. This may be my mind... But I have a feeling she's done this sort of thing before... Best to just leave her be for now and just make sure she doesn't keep prodding around in my head if she gets back up... He sighed to himself, putting the book he was holding back on a shelf and turning to keep an eye on the officer. My life keeps getting better and better...
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Quilted nods, and begins to hum to herself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compassion begins to speak up, but is again cut off by Swift, who leers at Cloudcast, saying, "Why don't you stay out of this, ma'am, this is- wait, did you say you could sense magic? That's... not... " He shakes his head. "Regardless, ma'am, this is official police business, and you need to go back to the questioning room."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smoke Screen reaches the door easily, moving like a shadow, and reaches up to open the door. He feels a subtle shift of pins inside the knob that tells him that it is, indeed, locked.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:57 pm

"Ah'm sorry? Not what?" Cloudcast asks, ignoring Swift's suggestion.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 am

"Bugger..." Smoke thought to himself. Police locks are easy though, so it wasn't all that bad, just time consuming. He searched his scarf's pockets to find one of his lockpicks, gives it a rub for good luck, and gets to work...

(Using Enchantment: Thief's Tools (2/3 Uses Remaining))
(Mechanics Check: 13 (Roll) + 15 (Bonus) + 5 (Thief's Tools) = 33)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Once again, Compassion tries to say something, and once again, he is abruptly silenced by Swift, who's sneer seems tinged with worry now. "That's police business, ma'am. Now please, go back to the questioning room and wait for my partner here." He levels a withering glare at Quiet, who shrinks back, a blush obvious even through his coat.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Smoke tears his way through the lock's comparatively pathetic defenses quickly, and hears the door give a small *Chink*.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Cloudcast looks like she's deep in thought for a moment as she says, "Mmmmmmmmnnnnn." and finishes looking him back directly in the eyes with, "Nope."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next