Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales

5 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales - Page 8 Empty Re: Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales

Post  Dr Blight Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:28 pm

-tavern-

"Ah. Right this way then."

Says the bat filly  as she leads you to a sturdy wooden table, you see four menus stacked on it as you take your seats.

"One moment please."

She says, making a small curtsy with her wings before flying away towards the counter. You see her land beside Sunny Skies and the two converse for a moment before she once more flutters away. A few minutes later you see a large red earth pony stallion with an orange mane come out of the back room. He's wearing a similar apron to the other ponies working here overtop a simple black vest. He moves behind the counter, having a short discussion with Miss Skies before hanging the apron on a hook and taking her place at the bar.

A few moments later Sunny crosses the room and takes the remaining seat.

"Sorry for the wait, I couldn't leave the bar unattended. How may I help you?"

She practically chirps as she regards you with a small cheerful smile.

-office-

"If that's the case, she'll either be on her way to her sisters for lunch, or more likely lost track of time with another of her hooves on demonstrations and half the class is slinging mind charms around while the other sits in a dazed stupor. In which case I'd advise you not to be standing in front of the doorway when you open it."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales - Page 8 Empty Re: Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales

Post  Ramsus Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:33 pm

Chance gives a short amused laugh and turns to Shimmer and says, "Allright then, lead the way."
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Tindalos smiles back. "We're looking for somepony named Moonglow. We were told she's your sister. Do you know where we can find her?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:31 pm

Altara smiles warmly at Sunny Skies as she joins them, and adds to the dragon's question, "We are from the Light of Order."

She frowns a bit as a realization hits, and continues, "Ooh. That all sounds rather ominous there, doesn't it? We are not...uh, we are not looking to take punitive measures. Just a few friendly questions."

She thinks for a moment, and frowns a slight bit more and mutters something under her breath, before noticing and coughing slightly. She smiles at Sunny again, saying, "Err, I am called Sigma Altara. I like your...everything." She pauses and quickly adds, "About the uh...tavern! Is tavern the right word? I feel like there's connotations and it doesn't...I'll just...okay."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:17 pm

"Of course." Shimmer says, giving a courteous bow to the headmaster. "Shall I have the guests return to check in with you once they've concluded their business, sir?" She backpedals to the door as she waits for his answer, holding opening it for the other two.
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:03 am

-tavern-

Sunny hesitates for a moment before nodding.

"...Yes, Moon-ahem- that is. Lady Moonglow is my younger sister, yes."

She smiles warmly at Altara with a soft chuckle.

"Thank you. Tavern is fine, it's a little something different to everyone. We certainly DO get a more tavern-like crowd at times too, though it's a little early right now for most of them. I imagine my sister would be on her way home, if not now then soon!"

She tilts her head into a hoof and hums slightly.

"I can't tell you exactly how long it might take her to get here, perhaps I could answer some of your questions myself?"

-office-

"Not unless I'm specifically needed for something urgently, I expect I'll be swamped in meetings for the foreseeable future soon. If it can wait, leave it for me with Miss Keystone and I'll get to it when next I can."

He says with a shake of his head towards some papers off to the side of his desk.

Departing the office and following the directions you were given, you find yourself standing before a thick wooden door. Like with other classes you passed by before it almost no sound seems to pass through the threshold into the hallways past a few feet from the door itself. Standing within the short range of sound, it sounds like the noise from inside is that of a full class winding down. You can hear a mare's voice clearly cutting through the din instructing the students.

"...-op quiz before you go! If you recall, I assigned you all to practice dispelling charms when last we met, incase you were hoping I did not. Cast them now upon yourselves and we shall see who decided to 'slack off' in their studies as they say..."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:13 am

I nod to the headmaster and lead the group out.

Once standing by the door, I get a good listen to what's happening inside. "I would advise giving it just a moment, just in case any charms are still flying." I stand by the door, waiting for students to begin exiting.
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:28 am

Chance nods to acknowledge that she heard Shimmer while she walks right into the classroom anyway and finds an empty place to sit or stand as is appropriate. Then casts some minor harmless thing on herself (I'm thinking sparkles) and then dispels it. But not with an appropriate amount of force. No. With a clearly inappropriate amount of dispelling force that probably could have cancelled every spell in the room and then some (perhaps by a good measure depending on what's around) if she hadn't limited it to herself. (If any errant magic flies over her way she'll attempt to dispel that too of course.)

Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

"Well, it's about something she saw," comments Tindalos, "If she gabbed about anything unusual she saw recently, that might fix us right up. If not, eh, don't be gutted, we'll wait. No problem."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:03 am

Altara blushes slightly, and quietly responds,  "Ah! Yes...of course..." She nods in affirmation to Tindalos' statements and happily waits for a response.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:43 pm

-tavern-

“Well, we DO talk about all kinds of things when we have a chance, so she might have. Unusual is something of the usual when you’re teaching young mages…”

Sunny shifts her position, resting her head leaning against a hoof as she counts off in the air with the other.

“For example, one student managed to turn everypony in her class into the opposite gender somehow. And another somehow brought all the furniture in one of the lecture halls to life and they chased some poor maid down the halls while singing! Lets see though….unusual for a mage school……..Oh, not long ago she reported something to the guards about...some sick-looking griffin or something skulking around leaving ratty black feathers everywhere!”

Cloudchaser winces at that and flutters her wings, brushing one gently with a hoof as she shivers in disgust.

-classroom-

Flitter waits by the door as Chance walks in, only risking a quick peek in herself to look around from the doorway.

Inside you find the room is built as a series of rising rows of desks before a small raised stage for the instructor with a small desk in the corner. Most of the students are slumped over their desks with a dazed look on their faces, mouths hanging open and drooling slightly with a zombie-like look. Their eyes are still alert however, some dashing around the room in panic while others slowly bring themselves out of their torpor with a small flare of magic.

On the stage is who you assume to be Lady Moonglow.She’s a unicorn, slightly taller and leaner than average with a dark powder blue coat and bright cyan mane. She’s wearing the same mantle you’ve seen many of the other instructors in the halls wearing, underneath which is a bright blue dress in the style of the eastern dragon-lands.

She arches an eyebrow and watches you as you enter, her eyes widen slightly when she realizes what you’re doing and observes you more closely from her place for a moment before nodding with a slightly smile in satisfaction and looking over her students. After a moment she flares her horn and reaches out with her magic, shaking the remaining students from their lethargy.

“Time is up! Those of you who failed in your assigned task, and you know who you are, are to continue practicing the counter-charm until you can perform it satisfactorily when next we meet or else reconsider your intent to remain in this class. It will not get any easier from here if this is the extent of your dedication! In addition, ALL of you are to gather into groups and practice the paralysis and defense charms together. I would advise, to those of you who need a little assistance, you use this opportunity to learn from the experience of your fellow scholars! That is all, till next we meet! Farewell!”

She watches the students clear out, waiting till the last has shuffled out the door before turning her attention to Chance.

“An excellently crafted spell, impeccable control! Very well done!”

She extends a hoof to you once she gets close enough.

“Pleased to meet you. My name is Professor Moonglow, Lady in the Duchess’ court. I don’t imagine however that you’re here for lessons, at least not for a few months yet when we reach more advanced studies. To what do I owe this visit?”

She asks as her ear flicks to the side at the sound of hoofsteps, glancing for a moment as Flitter (and presumably Shimmer) enter the now cleared room.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:31 pm

Lead In:
Appearance:
Altara listens intently (but politely) to Sunny as she lists the interesting events, and stifles a chuckle as she lists the spell misfires. On the note about the sick griffin, however, she's distracted by Cloudchaser's reaction and watches her for a moment, before glancing at her own wings curiously and flitting them slightly, mentally pocketing the reaction for future events.
She shakes her head slightly as she faces Sunny again, saying excitedly, "Those are certainly interesting tidbits! Now that you mention it, I thought I had spied a table, set with finger sandwiches, making its way through the park. I had just figured that someone was having a picnic emergency!" Altara smiles and stifles a chuckle at her...attempt at a joke.

Last edited by quietkal on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 am

Chance takes the offered hoof and gives it a shake. "Salutations Moonglow, I am Chance. Indeed, I'm not here to further my studies. That would probably be a bit strange given that I'm a witch. And more strange because I already have a mentor and am probably past the point of being able to make any use out of the winter courses too." she says and stops to give a shrug before continuing. "We came here to see if you had the time to answer a few questions we had about someone you saw with Dawn Rose here yesterday."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Tindalos was too sober to enjoy that, erm, joke. He sorta ignores it as he asks "Now what's this 'bout ratty feathers?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8