Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales

5 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales - Page 5 Empty Re: Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales

Post  telebiscuit Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:16 pm

I gape at the display, watching the deer jump out the window. After a moment, I simply look over to the baby dragon on the bed. "Well, I think that means everything's probably going to be ok. How are you, little one?" Meanwhile, I keep an eye on the Diamond Dog, as per the nurse's orders.
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales - Page 5 Empty Re: Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:18 pm

"Just enough time for me to get plastered then," replies Tindalos, laughing as he heads downstairs...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:40 am

-upstairs-

Flitter and Cloud Chaser both nod in response.

"Yeah, we're just staying a little further up the road.

Says Cloud Chaser as the sisters follow the others down.
-guest room-

The young dragon wakes up with a yelp when Chance yells and rubs his eyes groggily as she jumps out the window.

"Tha-aaaaa-at's good....was that the doctor?"

He asks through a wide yawn as he sits there blinking. A few moments and another yawn later he stretches in place.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not the one who got hurt after all...Thanks for asking though....uh...sorry, who are you again?"

He asks while wringing his tail with his claws in embarrassment, sounding more awake as he does.
-downstairs-

Tindolas walks up to a long table near the back wall as the others turn right towards the main door.

At the table you can see several large kegs stacked up behind it and rows of empty mugs waiting to be filled. You see a changeling in an apron buzz out to the back, levitating a pair of empty barrels in its magic. In its place is a rather large grey diamond dog with a distinct beer belly and a carefree grin, carrying full kegs under each meaty arm and setting them on the sturdy wooden table. Forcing in a tap, it begins to fill mugs for some of the other guildmates waiting.with empty mugs in hand or hoof.
-outside-

Chance bounds out the window and through the narrow space between buildings with ease, stopping to wait at the main doors for a moment as she looks around for the knight on the road and fails to find her.

It's only a few moments later that the door is enveloped in a golden glow and swings open. Dame Rose stopping at the threshold and quirking an eyebrow as she spots Chance waiting.

"Is something wrong?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Tindalos licks his lips as he grabs an empty mug and joins the group of waiting guildmates...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:50 pm

"Well.... in a way. The Plague of Sleep, which is more of a curse really, is a lot worse than I thought it would be. On the plus side I know what it does and I think I know how to cure it. I'll need a good sized group of other..... arcane practitioners and some time to formulate a ritual. And you should probably ask the doe that was taking care of the inflicted diamond dog about that potion she made as it slows down the process. Oh, and you should also probably detain any of the inflicted as, if my guess is correct, once the "plague" runs it's course they will probably go totally berserk. Rawr." Chance says, finishing with a miming of a bear or puma or something of that nature.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:26 pm

"She was not the doctor, no, just someone else who came to take a look, try to find out what was wrong." I smile demurely at the young dragon, and walk over to him. "Maybe you weren't, but all this worry is still a toll on you, I'm sure. My name is Soft Shimmers, I'm just a servant."
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:27 am

Dr Blight wrote:Flitter and Cloud Chaser both nod in response.

"Yeah, we're just staying a little further up the road.

Says Cloud Chaser as the sisters follow the others down.
Altara follows them out of the room, shutting the door behind her as she's the last one to exit. She happily says, "Lead on, then! Our dragon friend should have time to have a drink as we go, and it will give us an excuse to test our rings' functions."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:23 pm

-main room-

Upon getting in line Tindolas finds himself behind four others, directly in front of him being a tall equine draped head to toe in a black cloak and looking out over the gathering as they lean against the counter waiting, concealing all but their eyes and the bottom of their hooves. The grey coat and black stripes being the only reason you can tell they are a zebra. A youngish looking changeling moves into line behind you as you wait, simply leaning to the side and watching the keg with an excited expression. The line moves quickly, and in short order Tindolas stands before the large diamond dog. Holding his mug under the tap as the dog fills it.

"Not seen you around before, are ye one of the new ones?"

-outside-

The knight hums in thought for a moment before nodding gratefully.

"Thank you, that information will be most helpful. I'll report your findings to the Duchess and see about getting a detachment of skilled mages sent out to help, as well as recommend increasing security on other afflicted."

The two pegasi sisters and Altara soon join the others by the exit, Cloud Chaser hovering idly a foot in the air while Flitter walks beside Altara. Flitter stops for a moment when she reaches the group before speaking up.

"We're going to get our things, should we all meet up together before going or proceed individually?"

She asks while looking to the others gathered.
-guest room-

The young dragon nods, looking a little contemplative.

"My name is Fulminous. ...and thank you."

"he frowns solemly as he looks upon the sleeping dog, though on his young feature it looks rather like a pout.

"Whatever happened to her was meant for me..."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:39 pm

"Yeah, I'm a freshie," replies Tindalos while he watches his mug fill up. He turns his head to the diamond dog and offers a hand to shake when he continues. Tindalos, pleased to meet ya."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Part I'm There For:
Altara stops as well, and thinks for a moment before saying, "I would prefer to travel as part of a group, if for no other reason than to allow us to acquaint ourselves better. I do not believe the wholly separate approach has been rendered a neccesity; we are not a large enough group that we might incite anxiety in passers by, and I do not believe we will need to hide our intention as a group from the Light of Order investigating an odd occurrence within Ambleon. This said, I am aware of the benefits of traveling alone, and how some prefer to travel in the company of only their thoughts." She pauses again, before chuckling and saying, "And after all of those words, I may have much more simply said 'Either is fine.' "
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:20 pm

Chance looks at Dame Rose in growing confusion as she let's the silence just sit there for a moment before she realizes the captain is finished. "Um.... so.... no change in plans then? Should I be meeting up with the mages at any specific place or time? Or are you just going to teleport me.... somewhere....? At... some... point?" Chance asks, not really understanding why she's actually having to ask this and wasn't just told.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:23 pm

I smile at his name, remarking how little he resembles a thunderstorm, but then frown at his next statement. "What do you mean? How could this sickness be meant for you?"
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:09 pm

-main room-

"Boulder and likewise!"

He says as he takes your hand in his paw and gives it a firm shake.

"Well best of luck t'ya! Seems like this guild is going places judging by how much attention it seems to be getting!"

-entrance-
Dame Rose blinks once, then twice, before responding.

"Ah. Pardon... Correct. Your orders are unchanged as of now. Proceed with the investigation for now.  I'll keep you informed as to when we've gathered the mages and prepared a chamber in the tower by way of your rings. Once you are ready we'll teleport you all there. If there is anything else you need or would like to report before I'm on my way, please feel free. Otherwise, exceptional work thus far. Thank you for your efforts."

She says with a short bow.

"That's not much of an answer then, ya know?"

Says Cloud Chaser with a laugh.

"I would recommend staying together unless doing otherwise is absolutely necessary."

-guest room-
"Because she's my bodyguard, and whatever left her this way was hiding in my room when we got back."

The young dragon says sadly.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Chance responds with a smile at the praise and nods. She turns to Cloud Chaser and says, "Alright, I guess we should round up the others then." and then proceeds to go get Soft Shimmers who is probably still where Chance had left her, unlike the others.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:30 pm

The very important thing that I definitely have remembered on every post:
Altara gives a light chuckle at Cloud Chaser's comment and nods in agreement to the deer's suggestion. Waiting patiently for the others in their group, Altara makes some small talk to pass some time, and acquaint herself with her comrades somewhat more. "So, Cloud Chaser and Flitter," she says, emphasizing their names to sort of drill them into her memory, "Are you from a long line of pairs of adventurers? Or is that too romantic of an idea to exist outside of novels?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:06 pm

"Here's hoping, Bolder," responds Tindalos as he raises his mug. "Cheers!" He takes a swig and moves on from his new friend so the other people in the line can get a drink. He looks around the room to see if anything else interesting is happening...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:29 am

"I... I see..." I say hesitantly, then, "No, I'm sorry, I don't see. I thought this was some sickness. Something was hiding, waiting, to infect you with it? That's not an illness that's... something else. If that's the case then we- they may be trying to help all wrong. Please, what do you know about what happened, in entirety?"

Persuasion:
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:20 pm

-main room-

"Cheers sur, and best of luck t' ye!"

As Tindolas leaves the line and looks around, you can practically hear Boulder giving the changeling behind you the stinkeye as he speaks.

"And just how old are YE supposed to be?"

Looking around you spot Chance rushing in and towards the room across from the stairs. You also notice one of the guards ponies, an earth pony mare, slap one of her compatriots hard enough to knock him off his seat. Your can't hear what they're saying that might've caused it, but you could certainly hear the sound of an armored hoof impacting with a helmet. Everyone in the vicinity seems to laugh off the event good-naturedly as the mare steadfastly avoids looking in the stallions direction while he shakily returns to his seat.

-outside-

The sisters look to each other for a moment before shrugging.

"Honestly, we don't know. I figure those stories have to get the idea from somewhere..."

Says  Cloud Chaser contemplatively, tilting her head and crossing her hooves as she sits on her haunches.

"We were found by the town watch patrolling the roads outside of town when we were just foals, inside the remains of a wagon flipped and smashed on the side of the road. They brought us back to town and we were taken in by the local Baron and his wife. We don't know who are parents were, they might've been an adventuring couple I suppose."

Adds Flitter  when her sister trails off.

"As for us? We stick together because we're sisters mostly, twins as far as anypony can figure. An we both joined the town watch ourselves when we were old enough. They train to always go in groups of at least two, preferrably more. For safety reasons, you know?"

-guest room-

Fulminous fidgets in place a little before speaking.

"Well...okay...but it's not much. I didn't actually go in to see anything myself till it was over. She told me not to. We were coming back to our hotel room after a day walking around town when she stopped me in front of the door. She said she smelled something wrong inside, sick she said, like wasting. Her nose is a lot better than mine, you know? So she pulled out her mace and went inside to check. Then I heard her yelling but I couldn't tell what she said through the door. After tha it sounded like a struggle, lot of rushing around and things breaking, then there was a sound like a sack of potatoes hitting the ground and everything went really quiet. After a while where nothing happened and she didn't come out I went to get the staff and go inside and we found her on the floor. She hasn't woken up since. I don't know WHAT happened in there, could've been an assassin with some kind of poison, or an evil witch, or even just some sick contagious animal! I just don't know."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:32 pm

"I... I see." I say, frowning. "Well, then we're back where we started, not sure what it is or how to fix it..." I trail off, noticing Chance. "Did you find what you rushed off looking for? There's not much else here, I don't think, unless you have some new idea."
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:48 pm

Lead In:
"Quite! If one of my kin were of a similar mind I would be thrilled to travel with them! Alas, they are mostly stationed elsewhere. Shiver I see often enough, and she's happily here in town, but she has her ways and I...well, honestly I'm not quite ready for that. Chren comes by when collection is due, when he can, but his work just keeps him so busy. Not to complain, we do what we must...but it would be nice to have the family all together again. Dave's always at the hive, but he couldn't afford to spend a moment, even if he wanted to. Vespid..."

Altara sighs, before grumbling.

"Well, the less said about her the better."

She pauses for a moment, before a realization hits her.

"My goodness, I hope I haven't touched a nerve or shared too much. My tongue tends to waggle of its own accord if I do not watch it."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:16 am

"You could say that, come on now and let's let the patient get some rest." Chance says, hoping Shimmer just follows along as she leaves to try and meet up with the others. She thought she saw Tindalos before and heads that way.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:49 pm

"Of course." I nod to Chance, then give Fulminous a hopeful smile. "I'm sure they will find out what's wrong and have her back on her feet soon. If you'll excuse me." I then follow Chance out of the room.
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Tindalos, not really having a place to go or a thing to do, just chills out and enjoys his beverage, moving to around the area of the two guards to see if he can hear anyone talk about something interesting while he drinks...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:46 pm

As Tindalos is just about to put the mug to his lips, Chance swipes it out of his hands and says, "Time to go, Tin da los." making the number of syllables match up. (Why you ask? Because deer.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:52 pm

"Oi, I just got that drink!" complains Tindalos...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next