Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mertropolis

+4
tygerburningbright
Drago765
Paper Shadow
Copper Rose
8 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Mertropolis - Page 9 Empty Re: Mertropolis

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:50 am

As things move on, the next performance is a billy goat doing rockabilly. And it's amazingly good all things considered.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:13 am

Col's enjoying the music, though it's still not quite his style, but something's bugging him about the statues. He looks at the one on the stage. "They kept that one covered until the shows started... He thinks to himself, before his curiosity gets the better of him and he tries focusing a small screech at it.

Roll:
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:22 am

Floe keeps an ear out for the music (in the off-chance of an announcement for her that her band is looking for her, she hopes) while leading Coral through the crowd still. It's pretty good, but doesn't have enough of a kick to satisfy her...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:49 am

Col determines that the statue at the back of the stage is hollow, made out of granite or some other similar stone, and is shaped somewhat like a horse ear perhaps to pick up sounds from a particular direction (though this is just a guess). He doesn't learn much else because echolocation isn't a tool for detecting magic.

After the billy goat leaves the stage to significant applause, the next band comes up. Floe doesn't see much of them setting up as she's paying more attention to Coral and not getting her claws stepped on. Just after she's passed by the statue nearest to the stairs she hears someone introduce themselves as "World Rocker and the Market Crash". On stage is a very handsome golden coated and brown haired earth pony wearing a red blazer and greased hair folded to one side and ending in spikes holding a strange looking shiny red guitar. Behind and to the sides of him are a giant snake (matching Floe's description of Arcamedis), a minitaur holding a bass, and a unicorn on the drums, all three dressed in outrageous but well done punk rock style.

World Rocker gives a grin at the crowd and this is met with a few wolf whistles by some of the ladies in the crowd and he winks back and then strikes a cord, which produces a loud and unusual sound as sparks fly from the guitar. The crowd momentarily is a mix of hushes and chatter about the strange instrument. The entire band grins at each other and then goes right into the beginnings of a song.

((In case you're wondering, World Rocker has a magical electric guitar.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:54 am

Col's ears perk up. What's with that instrument? It's aweso-Wait, Market Crash? Wasn't that the name of... Oh... He realizes the implications, remembering how Floe said she couldn't find them anywhere. "Oh shit..."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:37 am

If anyone had watched Floe look at the band that was about to start, they would have seen a barrage of emotions decorate it. Shock was the main piece, but devastation, confusion, and pure fury also made their rounds. Words are also mouthed in silence. In the end though, Floe quickly placed Coral's glasses onto her face, let go of the merpony, and make her way through the last of the crowd and up the stairs as soon as possible, trying to keep her head down as much as possible...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:43 am

Col, not seeing this but realizing the reaction she might have, immediately started looking for Floe. "Sorry for leaving you, Golden, but this just got serious!" He remarked, moving into the crowd to try and find her.

Roll:
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:38 pm

"I can't agree with you more we need to find Flow before she like breaks down entirely." Golden not waiting for a reply starts forcing her way through the crowd looking for Flow.

Rolls:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:41 pm

...What. Coral quickly follows after Floe, completely dropping her demeanor of being high and focusing on getting through the crowd.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:01 am

Golden spots Floe making her way to the stairs and Col is easily able to travel in her wake. To some degree this annoys the people they are pushing out of the way, but mostly they're too distracted my the music. In a couple minutes the pair catch up to Floe and Coral well before they reach the stairs.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:40 am

When Coral catches up with Floe again, she gently puts a hoof on her shoulder. "Hey, look, maybe we can just go talk to them about it, ask what's up. I'm sure there's an explanation for- wait... what if he was one of the other hostages?"
Perception:
Roll(1d20)+17:
15,+17
Total:32
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:41 am

Coral doesn't know what she was thinking. Even for a split second, that made no sense. She would remember if she had laid eyes on such an amazingly handsome stud before ever in her life.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:44 am

"Shit, Floe, you alright?" Col remarks as he reaches them before pausing. "Wait... The ground's shaking... And so is the air, but the air's different... weird..." He remarks, flicking his ear while doing so and growing an even more worried expression. "Guys, something's up, and I already know it isn't good."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:50 am

"Guys, please, I just want to go, I'm really pissed off at the moment," replies Floe, not really looking up from the ground or taking note of Col's worries...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 am

Coral catches her breath. I- what? No. What? Coral looks back and forth between Col and the stallion. This is wrong. It feels right, but I know it's wrong. But- what? Coral shakes her head in confusion, then makes her way outside. "I- I think I need some air."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Golden walks right up to Floe practically growling. "So what you're just gonna run away and cry!?" She then breaks into a sinister smile lowering her voice slightly. "I'll tell you what I would do here. I'd be storming up to the band the moment the show ended demanding answers and out for blood." Golden shrugs momentarily. "But... I guess its all up to you, you could run away and no one would think less of you or you could find some answers."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Col looks straight at Golden, a pretty angry expression on his face. "Okay, Golden, that is not helping, alright?" He states, glaring at her. "I suggest that you try to be cooperative, because right now, you need to calm the fuck down, alright?" He exclaims, a combination of anger and worry making his tone rather harsh.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Golden grins at Col "Sure, I'll just go with the flow."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Col just glares at her for a bit before speaking. "I hate you so much right now."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:32 am

"Guys, I've basically just been fired, replaced by some stud, and no one had the balls to tell me, of course I'm mad. Let me just sort this out by myself, okay?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:35 am

"I know, that's exactly why I rushed over!" Col exclaims, before forcing himself to calm down a bit. "Look, I... Alright, I'll leave you alone if you want, but if there's any way I can help, just tell me, alright?"
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:44 am

Though a part of her still feels confused, Coral gets a random idea. "Hey Floe, before all of this craziness, you spent a lot of time with your band, right? What was it that they valued most about you?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 am

Floe opens her mouth to give a quick response, but holds her tongue unable to think that fast. Eventually she replies "Well, you know, why wouldn't they value me? I'm a blast to be with."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:40 am

"Uh... Any other reasons?" Coral scratches the back of her head nervously. She didn't want to make Floe uncomfortable, but she just had this hunch...
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:51 am

"Eeeeeerrr... I play guitar? I'm a girl? I dunno, are you expecting me to have given them a questionnaire about what they like about me to fill out?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next