Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roving Band

5 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Roving Band - Page 4 Empty Re: The Roving Band

Post  SubjectZ Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Rinnian turned to Terry and said, "Hey Terry, you know where we can actually go to sell our things?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:04 pm

"Ah may know of a place... Let me think..."

Roll:
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Terry accidentally bites his tongue, breaking his train of thought. "GAH, damn it!" He exclaims, then waits a moment before talking. "Well... What's the quality of the items y'er selling? Ah don't really know of anywhere in particular, but there are 3 big families here, and the quality is kind of important for deciding which one y'er gonna sell to."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:00 am

Rinnian thinks for a moment, then takes Terry to look at the loot.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:35 pm

After showing Terry, Rinnian ponders and says, "Alright, folks, pack your bags, we're gonna go on a field trip! I figure we'll prioritize the Ralse family stores, because most f this is mid-level quality, nothing really flashy or terrible."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:38 pm

After Terry leads the group to various stores where Rinnian sells the goods for a total of 1231 gold. There was quite a bit of waiting for money to be organized so it's now an hour after noon. While you were waiting the merchant lunched with you as you waited on some bread, cheese, and chicken. To sell the gems the group went closer to the center of town. Rinnian decided he wanted to see what he could get in special leather to have some armor made and the group is now going to a store just on the other side of the center of town.

The center of town is a small circular plaza centered around a statue. The statue is of a figure in a robe holding a staff. The statue doesn't have any real details to clue you in about anything about the figure even though it's well made. Terry informs the group that it's a statue of the Founder of Dul. However the interesting thing is the staff itself. It seems to be made out of glass. Ni points out that there seems to be a gentle wind moving in a circular motion from around the statue and you guys notice this as you hadn't felt any wind earlier.

A bit past the plaza (also past where the store you want to go is) is a a hill and atop of it is a wooden watchtower.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:59 pm

Rinnian walks up to the statue and reaches up, making contact with the staff. Something... odd, about this thing.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:06 am

Terry grabs Rinnian's arm before he touches the staff. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He asks, looking at him like crazy. "That thing's basically sacred! You even touch that thing and the whole damn town's going ta be out for your blood, not to mention whatever else might happen as a consequence!" He glares at him while saying this, before basically dragging him away from it. "That is not something that Ah'm gonna let happen."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Rinnian shrugs himself free, and says, holding his hands up and saying, "Woah, woah, easy there, pal! Just noticed something... off, about it. What's the big deal with that thing anyway?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:53 pm

"Did you not hear what I said? That thing is SACRED!" He says, glaring right into his eyes. "Look, I don't know what's up with it, all I know is that if you even touch that thing the whole town's going to be out for your head, so don't!"
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Rinnian's eyebrows raise, and he nods quickly, "Alright, calm down. Let's just get to the store." He turns and begins to head out, muttering under his breath, "Stupid superstitious hicks... I'm getting that staff somehow."
((Stealth for that muttering, just in case: 14.))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:40 pm

After they leave the plaza it takes them a little longer to find the store they're looking for than Terry expected since he'd never actually been there before and it didn't really stand out and wasn't directly off a street.

Inside they see a blue haired younger woman in an elegant dress and a thin middle aged dapper fellow with silver hair in a suit and tie. As their eyes roam over the not small, but not large shop's interior they see open cupboards with rolls of fabric and other materials. Some are empty. They also see many rolls and sheets of materials hanging from pegs on the walls or on stands in a variety of colors and types. At the back there is a counter with a clear box that has multiple locks with no keyholes. Inside the box is a roll of very fine looking black silk. Other materials that draw the group's eyes are: a sheet of beautiful red/orange feathers, a sheet of pale snakeskin, a sheet of metallic looking scales, a sheet of reddish leather, a sheet of shimmering leaves, a roll of green/white fabric, a roll of incredibly white wool.

((Some RP here would be nice, but any time you want to stop and just get a list of inventory you guys would care about that's fine.))

Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Rinnian clears his throat and asks, "So, uh, what does this fine establishment have in the way of custom armor?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:51 pm

The man gives Rinnian a somewhat confused look and the woman walks over to him and says, "We can have anything you see here made into almost any kind of outfit or item of personal wear you desire. We do not however deal in metals, though we do have earth or metaltouched materials. If you are looking for metals and heavier materials though, we can refer you to our sister store."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Rinnian grins and says, "Do you happen to have anything airtouched?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:00 pm

"Of course!" she replies with a mirthful smile. "Is there anything in particular you are looking for? You mentioned armor so I take it you aren't looking for a dashing suit, though I could do wonders with you I'm sure. You'd like something for the dangers of travel?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Rinnian nods, and adds, "Though certainly not too heavy. And trust me , ma'am, I look dashing regardless of the outfit."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:07 pm

She laughs and directs him over to the snakeskin you saw earlier. "This one is lighter than snakeskin normally is, would offer better protection than something similar in wool, and if you were to use it for gloves for example it would not hinder you any more than then thinnest of fibers."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Rinnian takes a closer look at it, then says, "Sounds fantastic! So, what would a pair of gloves made of this run me?" He turns to the others and says, "Guys, come on, look around! I'm gonna feel greedy if I am the only one shopping!"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:13 pm

She grabs Rinnians hands and looks at them for a moment and says, "Hmmm, about twenty gold I'd say."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Rinnian smiles and says, "I'm sure these gloves will be nothing but the finest quality, but seeing as I plan to do quite a bit of shopping here today, does 15 sound alright?" Rinnian attempts to choose his words as carefully as possible to sound positive.
((Activating  Alter Emotion: Joy)) Roll for persuasion: 14
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm

She smiles and is about to say something when the man chimes in, "It would be most prudent to finish your selections first don't you think? There's no rush."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Rinnian nods and says, "A good point, sir!" He turns back to the girl and asks, "So, do you have anything slightly... sturdier, for a chestpiece?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:28 pm

She nods and walks Rinnian over to the sheet of scales, which on closer inspection appear to be metaltouched fish scales, which is then what she pronounces them to be. She then points out three sheets of leather, one the red one you noticed earlier, the second a slightly bluish one, and the third looks completely normal. "The flametouched one will help prevent flames from harming you and will keep you warm even on a cold night, this frostouched one on the other hand helps prevent frostbite and can keep you cool in hot environments, and then there is this simple woodtouched, that... well... I'll just show you." she then takes a pair of scissors from out of a pocket and makes a small cut in it. Slowly the cut mends itself.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Rinnian nods approvingly, and asks, "Could I get some estimates for these materials?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next