Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Roving Band

5 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Roving Band - Page 3 Empty Re: The Roving Band

Post  SubjectZ Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Rinnian, tired, wishes the innkeeper a nice night and trudges upstairs to bed.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:28 am

Aislinn gives a amused little smirk in response. "So long as it is not likely to end in us being chased down by angry swordsmen or some such thing I suppose where you got it doesn't matter too much." As she says this she gives Ni a look as if saying "it won't right?" while she puts away the partially carved block of wood and carving knife in her bag again. "Good night then, dear wife, don't let our waterkin friend bite." She says with a chuckle as she prepares for bed.

roll:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Ni shakes her head, indicating that she does not think it will result in them getting chased down by angry swordsmen, and chuckles at Aislinn's jest. Then she goes back to sleep..... or does she!? You don't know, the only other person (and bird) in the room fell asleep.

The first rays of morning light come and wakes some of you up more gently than others. (Or in Ni's case, fails to wake you up at all.)
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:41 pm

An earth-kin walked down the street, he looked like he just came from a battle, and most likely has given his equipment. He seemed to walk with purpose, as if looking for something. They came this way, I know that. Someone must've seen 'em. He thought to himself. He then realized that most things tend to need rest, so he went to a nearby inn. Good a place to start as any... He walked up to the inn-keeper. "Excuse me, but have you seen a fae around here? Or a water-kin with a staff and a cloak? Or even a storm-kin child? Or all three of 'em? I'm kinda looking for 'em, you see, and it would be very helpful if you could tell me if they passed through here.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Anyone who wants to have overheard that before coming downstairs can give me a Perception check. Or just... barge on down or still be asleep or whatever.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Rinnian is awoken by the traveler, and, recognizing his new traveling buddies' descriptions, hastens downstairs. Upon seeing the traveler, he walks up and says, "Who wants to know?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Terry turned to Rinnian. "Depends on who's asking, I suppose." He said, looking Rinnian over. "You certainly don't look like much... But then again neither do most mages." He mumbled something to himself.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:30 pm

Rinnian smiles and, clapping the earth-kin on the back, says, "Well said, bulky! Can I get your name, 'fore anything else?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:40 pm

"If it'll stop you from calling me Bulky, sure." He smirks. "My name's Terry Quartz, feel free to call me either one of 'em if you prefer."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Aislinn wakes up as a ray of light passes over her eyes and sits up. Raising her arms above her head and stretching before looking around as her mind catches up. Getting out of bed she gets dressed with a yawn, she goes about  putting her armor and the rest of her equipment back on before she turns to the daunting task of waking up Ni.

Thinking back on what happened last time with the water she thinks for a moment before reaching over and plucking a loose feather from Talon's wing. The bird wakes with an awkward squawk as Aislinn ties the feather to an arrow with the bit of string she uses to tie up her hair. Throwing the covers off Ni's bed she sits down beside the sleeping stormkin and shaking her slightly. "Time to wake up now dear wife." She says in a singsong voice as she gently shakes her a few times before resorting to her new improvised weapon and tickling Ni mercilessly till she wakes.

After giving Ni a chance to get dressed Aislinn walks down the halls and stairs (possibly with the stormkin) as she ties her hair up in a ponytail and sticks the feather between the binding as an accessory.

perception:

Aislinn walks down the stairs herself, stopping about halfway and turning to regard Rinnian and Terry. ((if she actually heard Terry referring to them, she'll have her bow out and an arrow ready but not drawn yet. If she didn't, they're both still on her back.))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Ni didn't respond particularly well to being tickled awake, but wakefulness did eventually occur. To a reasonable degree anyhow.

When Aislinn stops, Ni does not and walks right into her. "Gah. What?" she says, with the supreme intelligence and wit of someone still clearly half-asleep.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Rinnian laughs and extends a hand, syaing, "And I'm Rinnian... what business do you have with my friends?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:10 pm

Hydrax had gotten little sleep during the night - but he'd run on less before. He hadn't allowed his lack of rest to be an excuse to sleep in today, instead maintaining his regular regimen of morning meditation. He felt it was needed now more than ever, especially considering the way he'd acted the night before...

But today he’d been able to keep his focus on his meditation and not… other things…

He'd reached a perfect state of peace, sitting cross-legged on the floor, his eyes closed - his staff resting on his shoulder, his hands resting on his knees - cutting off all senses from the outside world, contemplating the wisdom in bronze, gold, and silver…

-Right before Rinnian had nearly run him over as the air kin scrambled out of bed and ran out the door of their shared room.

Hydrax took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. For a few moments, he considered simply ignoring his companion and going on with his meditation – but then he slowly rose to his feet and walked to the door. He walked down the hallway and reached the head of the stairs, pausing as he noticed Ni and Aislinn stopped about halfway down. He recalled some of his… musings… from the night before, but quickly put that out of his mind, instead following Aislinn’s gaze to the stranger Rinnian was talking to below. Something was familiar about him… but Hydrax remained silent for the time. As the crocodile that lies in wait for it's prey at the bottom of the riverbed, Hydrax assumed he’d accomplish more for now if he simply waited for answers to come to him.
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Terry shakes Rinnian's outstretched hand, seeming to loosen up a bit as he does. "Wanted to thank 'em for pathing me up, for one." He says, chuckling a bit. Then he noticed the others. "And there they are! Man, it took a lot of walking to find you!" He laughs. "I suppose none ah you recognize me, considerin' how many people were in that medical tent, but I was one of the fellows you patched up! Heck, if it weren't for you I might've not made it. He says, retaining his smile. "As I just said to your airy friend here, my name's Terry Quartz. It's a pleasure to meet ya all without an arrow in mah back."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:25 am

Hydrax nods slowly as a sign of recognition, Terry... Quartz? he mused, -And they think my name is funny?

"Greetings," he says simply, "One... would doubt we all patched you up together... Though, you are welcome, nonetheless."
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Rinnian stands back, and thinks, Hmm... weird, they were patching up soldiers? Wonder why.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:09 pm

"you tracked us down all this way just to thank us?" She asks, in a mix of a curios and skeptical tone, as she walks down the rest of the stairs.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:52 am

Hydrax followed Aislinn (and I assume Ni too) down to the others, nodding as he did so, "Our Fey friend has a good point. Can one assume there is more to this?"
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:05 am

"Well of course not! That'd be too much work for too little!" Terry chuckles. "Ya see, why I'm really here is that I don't have much to do at the moment, and I heard ya were wandering around for... something." He shrugs. "Honestly, I don't know why ya all are wandering, but I figured since I was already out and about, it would be wort a shot to look you up and see where it goes from there." He remarks with a bit of a chuckle. "Of course, there's always the fact that I owe ya for patching me up if ya want to take that as a reason."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 pm

Rinnian smiles and says, "Well, Terry, as far as I know, we're just getting ready to sell our loo- wares, *ahem* in Dul."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:11 am

"Wares?" Hydrax shrugged, "-More like spoils."

Turning to Quartz, he added, "Nevertheless, I do not mind if you join us. However," and Hydrax raised a finger, "-as a wise man once said - the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step," Hydrax smirked, "and the day of 24 hours begins with a single meal. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day - or so they say - and I, for one, do not intend to miss out..."
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Rinnian nods and says, "One man's treasure is another man's wares. Now, speaking of breakfast, what do they have to offer here? He looks around the inn.
Perception:16
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm

There is no visible indication of what exactly they offer here unless Rinnian goes to the kitchen, but based on his knowledge of such things, he would imagine they'll have water or ale or even fruit juice of some kind and some kind of sausage and/or bacon and eggs and probably some hash browns or other potato based thing or perhaps rice instead, almost certainly there will be some kind of bread, maybe some fruit. Possibly they might have biscuits or some kind of pastry. To know for sure, he'd have to ask.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:29 am

Aislinn remains silent as she thinks, and with a little sigh, relaxes and heads over to the counter to get something to eat.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:15 pm

The group then had a simple, but filling breakfast and left to....do what?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next