Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files, Part II

+2
Ramsus
XandZero2
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The P-Files, Part II Empty The P-Files, Part II

Post  XandZero2 Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:16 pm

A city on the verge of destruction…

Plagued by fear, death, and corruption…

An outlaw hero of questionable character, seeking truth…

While the city police seek only to capture the sleuth…

A tribe of voodoo zebra strike in the dead of night…

Beating up guards, stealing what they neigh is right…

A golden minotaur with much stock in the city…

His board of directors, both kind, goofy, and gritty…

An aloof – and likely incompetent – mayor and his beautiful secretary…

A flying ace and his team of pegasi most competitive and unwary…

A dark fog that cloaks the city in shadow…

And nightmares that drain a pony’s dreams to the marrow…

-Welcome back, one and all, to the P-Files – where impossible things may happen that the world’s never seen before (-IN DEXTER’S LA-BRA-TOR-EEEEEEE!).

You’ve come to the city of New Orreigns from different trots of life and races of Equestria – searching for work, freedom, family - but it’s becoming more and more apparent by the day that you’ve stepped hoof into something much bigger than yourselves. The city stands poised on the brink of disaster, and perhaps only through your timely intervention can you hope to bring harmony back to the land…

As we last left our heroes, they’d entered into the dreams of the ponies Rock & Roll, intent upon saving them from an alien influence invading their psyches. Once within the dreamscape, our heroes struck out to find the root of the problem – only to lose one ally, Blade Blocker, at the hands of fickle fate – while gaining a new ally, Nameless (or Biscuits – whichever you prefer), soon after. Having conversed with a bizarre, rhyming specter, they attempted to solve an overly-convoluted puzzle and fought off waves of nightmares while rescuing both Rock & Roll (Roll, thanks to Nameless). Our heroes now find themselves staring down a nightmare, one who’s appeared in the guise of a certain Big Mike, and introduced himself as Mr. B. Rog or Balrog. A nightmare attorney at Infernal Law, he has made an offer to let you leave the dreamscape in peace, in return for leaving Roll with him and his associates. However, while he negotiates with the rest of the party, Whisper hatches a sugary-sweet plan. Slipping a flash bomb into a slice of delicious birthday cake, she hands it to Mr. B in the hopes that he’ll bite…

Will the party give in to Mr. B’s demands?

Will Mr. B eat Whisper’s cake?

-And just how much longer can Gleeda manage to stay her claws before she notches a lightning bolt on her bow and shuts Mr. B up for good?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soaring a safe distance above the amphitheater, Libram watches as the negotiations unfold below, the words -Stay tuned to find out- materializing across his animate pages, followed soon after by -New pony channel, same pony time!
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

The P-Files, Part II Empty Re: The P-Files, Part II

Post  XandZero2 Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Ramsus wrote:Whisper mused aloud, "Is fear more delicious than cake? I mean my cake of course. Not just any ol' store bought cake. I'm sure it's not nutricious of course but, I'm just wondering. Cuz like.. well. If we take Biscuits here with us, I'm going to need to know if he'll enjoy my cooking." indicated Nameless when she said Biscuits.

Edit: Persuasion: 9 + 1 + FK (Cooking, hah, twice in a row!) + 15 = 30
Mr. B raised an eyebrow at mention of the word ‘Biscuits.’

“Now hold on just a moment folks,” Mr. B raised a hand to halt the conversation, “Just one moment please… He looked at Nameless, smirking with his rows of pearly white shark teeth. “Pardon me for askin’, but… Biscuits? Your name is…” Mr. B put a hand to his lips as he began to snicker – (an unspeakable sound that would give dragons heartburn) “Your name is… BWA HAH HAH… BISCUITS?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHHAAAA!!!!!”

Holding his sides (while still keeping a good grip on his cane and Whisper’s cake), the nightmare lawyer shook his hairy, horned head, busting a gut with laughter that could scare small foals (and did – in little Hard Rock’s case. Chitin could feel the little colt shaking). “BISCUITS?! OH... pardon me folks, pardon – Pfft… BWAHAH! BWAHAHAHA!!!! BISCUITS?! FOR THA FEAR A’ – OH, GREAT HORRIBLE HAVOC! OH, THAT'S RICH! …BISCUITS?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!”

After a long laughter fit, Mr. B looked back at Nameless with his burning gaze, wiping a tear from the corner of his red eyes as he thought - “Oh… Ah… Maybe… Maybe you should try this cake then Biscuits… BISCUITS! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That’s a good one!”

Mr. B offered Nameless the cake, nodding to it…

“-But, honestly, maybe you should try it… After all, your new master – BWAHAH! – I mean, ‘friend’…BWAHAHAHAHA! …I mean ‘marefriend’ –BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAH!!!! …She… she wants to know if you’ll enjoy her… her cookin’! –BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA!!!!”
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:40 pm

"Don't be mean to Biscuits! Don't be so rude. You asked for the cake, you eat it." Whisper says as she pushes herself between the two of them (pushing Biscuits behind her in the process) and then she pushes the cake back at Balrog, attempting to shove it straight into his mouth.

Using Shmoopy-doo!

Wow, two (and a half) utilities I'd never gotten to use before in one scene.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Nameless fumes, knowing, despite his lack of experience with... y'know, thinking, that this was embarrassing. As he listens, he silently focuses his anger into a field of misfortune surrounding all around him. He then snaps, upon the cake being shoved in B. Rog's face, and leaps toward him, shoving the cake farther down his throat with his hoof, channeling all of his rage and defiance into his punch.
Athletics Roll:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:01 pm

As soon as Mr. B offered Nameless the cake - a few things had happened all at once.

-Quick to defend her new friend (and stop him from ingesting a bomb), Whisper jumped in the way, grabbed the cake - and as the nightmare lawyer continued laughing his head off at "Biscuits," Whisper shoved the cake in Mr. B's open maw - thus silencing his laughter as he dropped his cane and stood there stunned, with the sugary sweet bomb surprise jammed in his mouth.

- And that's about when Nameless snapped.

Leaping forward past Whisper, he reared back one foreleg, channeling all his emotion into his hoof, his silvery, flaming mane roaring to full-on inferno status as his hoof ignited mid-air in a wave of fiery force.

Then Nameless’ flaming hoof shot forward like a comet – Mr. B’s red eyes going wide as he grit his teeth – then slipped up on his own cane while trying to dodge out the way.

Now, as Nameless’ hoof makes contact, you all hear the distinct sound of shattering teeth – quickly followed by a great, blinding explosion of white-hot light as the cake gets lodged down the nightmare lawyer’s throat, detonating somewhere between his stomach and large intestine.

-Watching from Chitin’s shoulder, Little Hard Rock’s eyes go wide. “Wowwwwwwwwwwwww…!”

The flash of light fades away in time to see Mr. B Rog Esquire rocket skyward, black tar and shark’s teeth raining down from the heavens as he goes up – up – and awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay – then comes crashing back down at an angle, leaving a smoking trail in his wake as he smashes into the tarry sea like a space celestial on reentry.

The ebon waters explode outward in every direction, tidal waves of black goo rolling all the way up to your hooves before stopping and receding back into itself again.

You stand on the shoreline, watching as the roiling nightmare waters begin to slowly calm – then grow still.

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:31 pm

XandZero2 wrote:
You stand on the shoreline, watching as the roiling nightmare waters begin to slowly calm – then grow still.

Spoiler:
Coffee's jaw drops.  He closes it.  "I can honestly say I didn't expect that."  Turning to Whisper.  "Should I try your cooking?  I mean, ever?"  

Coffee shifts gears for a moments and contacts Libram telepathically.  He copies what he knows about Nitemare ecology into it.

Nitemare Ecology:

OOC:So you're saying that B Rog just pulled a Krilin there?
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Whisper gives Coffee Mug a pout.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Nameless sits back, and stares at his own hoof, for a moment, then turns to Whisper and says, "C-could I... have some... that?" He hopes she gets what he means.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Whisper smiles at Biscuits, apparently forgetting she was terrified of him a short while ago, and gets him a piece of cake. "Here ya go."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Nameless grabs the cake and devours it whole, licking his lips.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:55 pm

"So, huh.  I guess we're done here?  "

Last edited by Cardbo on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:26 pm

(OOC: Is not Jinix still in effect in-game? I do recall it lasts awhile or something...)

Gleeda stays on gaurd and just ready's her bow... She was sure that guy wasn't going to go down so easily.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Chitin is silent for a long moment after everything goes down, taking a moment to process what happened before letting out a little huff of air and turning to look towards the Mini-Rock. "Indeed."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:54 am

After awhile, Coffee goes back to healing Whisper. "Weren't we going to heal you up earlier?"

OOC:Heal check.
Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9
Total:22 +1 IP = 23
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:25 pm

Spoiler:

Minutes pass, and the dark waters remain still...

While Gleeda keeps her eyes peeled on the muck, Coffee, Whisper, and Chitin (with little Hard Rock staying close by her side) tend to the earth pony’s wounds (after waiting out the rest of Nameless’ Jinx of course - otherwise, things would've gotten messy). The threesome’s combined efforts prove *relatively* effective at healing the earth pony’s immediate injuries – even getting her wings back on (-luckily Coffee had some superglue with him) – and while you finish their quick treatment, you also note that under the steady gaze of little Rock, the dents and rents in Whisper’s Rose Armor slowly begin to repair themselves…

Spoiler:

During Whisper's treatment, Buck paces impatiently back and forth, muttering to himself - "Buckin' dreams... with their buckin' nightmares... an' their buckin' nightmare impersonators... Keep it t'gether Buck... That wasn't the boss... It's okay that the new guy punched him... Really... it is..." The big griffon makes a protective circuit around the party, joining Gleeda in keeping his own eye on the muck as well in the meantime.

On the other side of the party, the six remaining Hard Rocks also slowly begin peeking out from behind Nameless’ floating concrete barrier – some asking if the fighting’s done… while others simply take the moment to scarf down more birthday cake.

And by this point, you all have to wonder… is it finally over?

Meanwhile, after eating his own piece of cake (and while, perhaps, contemplating the benefits of a second…) Nameless notices something gleaming on the ground.

You recognize it as Mr. B’s cane (the one he slipped on when you bucked him nearly to the moon and back) – and taking a closer look, you note its fine craftsmaneship. A golden walking stick – it bears carvings of a strange, snake-like creature along its length, with the creature’s horned head taking shape as the pommel of the cane. Whatever the carving’s supposed to depict, it’s like no nightmare you’ve ever seen… and when you take it into your hooves, the golden cane feels warm to the touch...

Spoiler:

((More post to come soon-ish!))
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Spoiler:

As Nameless looks over the gold cane and Coffee, Whisper, and Chitin complete their healing attempt…

-Something stirs from the deep…

Gleeda’s first to catch sight of the bubbles that begin forming at the center of the black waters, the exact spot where the nightmare lawyer last vanished into the tar.

As she trains her bow on that spot, the bubbles become more noticeable, growing larger and more numerous while visible waves of steam begin rising up from the tarry sea.

It’s at that point you realize – the black water’s coming to a boil.

You hear a sound like a kettle shrieking as the sea ignites all around you with burning red flames licking at the sky.

At the last second, you realize the fire looks a lot like a nightmare’s flaming mane – and then the center of the black waters erupts like a geyser – raining down molten tar and fire, melting anything it touches with a horrible hissing sound.

Little Rock screams and you all dive for cover (I’ll assume Chitin grabs Rock before doing so). The other Rocks duck back behind the concrete dome while you all roll under chairs or take evasive action in the amphitheater aisles as best you can.

-Then you hear a voice.

“BI-SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUITS!!!!!!!!!”

-It bellows in your heads, echoing so loud inside your skulls it feels like you’re brains are gonna explode – even as the world shudders all around you, seemingly in fear of the terrible wrath you've invoked.

-And at that, an enormous figure rises from the flaming tar, casting the world into shadows.

Craning your necks to look up at it, seeing the creature in the firelight of the tarry sea, it’s as though you stare at a living volcano – a mountain of muscle that stands on two legs, carved from jet-black obsidian; sporting two powerful arms and covered with a network of veins that crack its ebon skin at intervals, exposing an internal core of scorching lava that sizzles as it drips from the beast’s mighty form.  A giant, flaming mane runs the length of its back, ending in a whip-like, draconic tail that cracks at the tar pools all around, sending up waves of burning pitch. The monster bears a skeletal face of fangs and goat horns, along with a set of fiery red eyes. Those eyes survey all of you with contempt – before locking onto Nameless and narrowing to slits.

The creature spreads a pair of gargantuan, leathery wings wide – and the sheer size of those bat-like pinions is enough to blot out the stars and sky.

“THAT’S IT! THAT. IS. IIIIIIIIIIIIT! the voice roars in your head – the voice you recognize to be Mr. B’s – only this time it sounds much angrier... Much, much angrier... The thing before you beats it’s chest with one fist, and you feel the wind blow you back from the force of the collision. It shakes it’s head violently, flinging more scorching lava in every direction as the voice in your heads bellows, “I’M SOOOOOOOOO DONE BEIN’ MR. NICE BALROG! I'M TIRED A' PLAYIN’ FAIR! YOU PONIES AN' - AN' YER BUCKIN' CAKE! IT WAS ALL A LIE!  

Leaning back, the beast appears to crack its molten knuckles with relish – each one the size of a minotaur or more. “NOW, I’M GONNA DO WHAT I SHOULD’A DONE FROM THA START!" The monster holds one hand up to its face and flexes its fiery claws, "I’M GONNA RIP YER FILTHY PONY AN’ GRIFFON SOULS OUT SCREAMIN’ FROM YER STILL-BEATIN’ PONY AN’ GRIFFON HEARTS, AN’ THEN I’M GONNA DEVOUR ‘EM WITH A BURNIN’ SPORK!” the Balrog paused, “-WHILE I MAKE YOU ALL WATCH!"

Buck grits his beak but says nothing, while the littlest Hard Rock, shaking like a leaf on Chitin's back, yells back with a faultering voice, "OH-OH YEAH! I'D WIKE TA SEE YOU TWY! NOPONY CAN BEAT THA KNIGHTS A' THA WED WOSE! MY DADDY TOWLD ME SO!"

The Balrog seems to grin at this as it looks down at the littlest Hard Rock, huddled up with the rest of you. "HEH... HEH... HEH... AN' WHERE'S YA DADDY NOW KID? I'LL TELL YA WHERE HE IS! GONE!" He swept back one arm in a cutting motion, "LEFT YA TA ROT AT THAT CONCERT, AN' NEVA' LOOKED BACK! HE NEVA' LOVED YA! YOU WERE JUS' GETTIN' IN THA WAY A' HIS FUN! HE'S NOT COMIN' TA SAVE YA NOW, NOW A' EVA', AN' HIS LITTLE FAIRYTALE KNIGHTS CAN'T SAVE YA EITHER!"

Rubbing his hands together, the looming monster sneers down at the little colt - who looks like a mere ant by comparison, "-BUT 'ERE'S WHAT I'MMA GONNA DO. JUS' CAUSE I LIKE YA KID, I'LL SAVE YOUR SOUL FOR LAST! -BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!"

"-AN YOU!" He spins on Nameless, pointing a burning finger at the other nightmare, BISCUITS!" -he thinks the name with contempt, YOU WISH TA STAND WITH THESE PONIES AN’ GRIFFONS?" He rolls his burning hand into a fist, "FINE THEN! YOU CAN MEET YER END TOGETHA!”

The creature rears forward and roars at all of you, the sound so loud it makes you go deaf (temporarily), the physical force of the roar beating you back like rocks in a wind tunnel.

"GET READY FOLKS - 'CAUSE I'M YA WORST NIGHTMARE!"

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:01 pm

Gleeda laughs. "Really... You think your that bad? You aren't anything but a nice little Sweet Dream come true to me..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Whisper namesakes to Chitin, "Does this mean he won't be taking your heart and soul?"

She then responds to Gleeda, "I think we're going to have to get you an appointment with a psychologist after this. Though.... on the plus side.... I guess after we beat him.... will that mean I won't have the nightmare about the socks anymore?"

Of course at this point she's hiding behind Chitin with Hard Rock.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Coffee yawns and holds up a scorecard with with a 6 on it. "You've hit all the major cliches, but you get no points for originality."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 pm

The Balrog glares at Coffee - then grins.

"Tough crowd... Tough crowd..." he shakes his head, "Well then - TELL ME IF YA HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE!"

-A flaming sword materializes in his black claws.

"Two ponies, two griffons, an' an alicorn walk into a nightmare..."

-He raises the blade up to his face, the light from the flames dancing along his skeletal features, his fangs and horns, and reflecting in the burning red of his eyes as he adds - "EVERYPONY DIES!"

Last edited by XandZero2 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:51 pm

XandZero2 wrote:The Balrog glares at Coffee - then grins.

"Tough crowd... Tough crowd..." he shakes his head, Well then - TELL ME IF YA HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE!"

-A flaming sword materializes in his black claws.

"Two ponies, two griffons, an' an alicorn walk into a nightmare..."

-He raises the blade up to his face, the light from the flames dancing along his skeletal features as he thinks, "EVERYPONY DIES!"
"Please. Dyings easy. Comedy is hard."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:55 pm

XandZero2 wrote:"GET READY FOLKS - 'CAUSE I'M YA WORST NIGHTMARE!"
Chitin takes a few steps forward as she glares down the titanic Mr. B, with a final stomp her wings flare open in anger and a small initial bubble of green spreads out from her horn and away with a spark, passing over everything like a wind and unsettling the dust slightly.

“No. You. ARE. NOT!”

She practically snarls out, her wings seem to blur slightly at the edges and go perfectly still as a faint buzzing begins to slowly grow louder and louder in your minds. The magical green bubble pulses again, the frequency slowly increasing as the force behind it becomes slightly stronger.

“I have LIVED my worst nightmare and you do NOT compare!  All the fire and flash in the world won’t do you any good, because you are nothing!”

The buzzing grows louder and louder, droning out the sound of the black sea and the crackling flames as her voice echoes in your minds. The pulses of magic frequency increased to the point they’re practically a growing wind now.

“I’m an Elite! I’ve ripped my fate from life’s teeth with my very own hooves! You? The second someone realized what you really are you become nothing more than a punching bag!”

The buzzing in your mind at this point is now so loud it drowns out everything but your own thoughts and Chitin’s voice. A spark of green light seems to be building on the tip of Chitin’s horn,  identical to the other pulses but quickly growing much larger.

“So why don’t you go back to the shadow you crawled out of GET OUT OF MY WAY!

Her wings suddenly move again, blurring into a down stroke before rising up and flaring out, fully extended. The pulse discharges like a wall of green and as it passes over you, everything seems to be ripped away into a tranquil clarity. The buzzing, the fear, natural or otherwise are all suddenly gone leaving behind only a very faint static in the background and the natural sound around you.

Stuff:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Gleeda takes this moment to start fighting Lightning Bolts at the enemy. Totally trying to be kicking the horror while it's down.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Nameless took the cane, to keep as a memento of their victory, when the mountain of terror erupted.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:55 am

In the moments before Chitin unleashed the wall of green energy, a spark of recognition had gleamed in the Balrog’s red eyes – and as if realizing what she’d intended to do, the nightmare had raised his blazing blade against her, bringing it crashing down in a deadly arc. In another moment it might have cleaved Chitin in two – but at that instant, she’d discharged her energy pulse.

As the Balrog’s blade collided with the emerald-green wall of energy, the nightmare’s eyes went wide and its mouth dropped open – letting slip a roar of shocked desperation as it watched its burning weapon shatter against the energy wall like so much glass on pavement.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

The roar echoes in your minds as the creature’s engulfed in emerald light – Gleeda taking that as her queue to start blindly firing off lightning in the Balrog’s general direction (seeing as the nightmare was the size of a volcanic mountain – it would’ve been hard to miss in any case).

For a moment, everything is cloaked in green - but then as the light begins to fade, everything else fades with it – the amphitheater, the stage, the stars, the sky – everything; all your surroundings devolve into lines and shapes stretched out on a magic grid, and then even that fades away...

You find yourselves suspended in a world of endless blue – no floor, no ceiling, no up nor down – yet it’s as if you stand on solid ground. The rest of the party stands around you – except for Gleeda, who hasn’t let up firing her volley of lightning bolts throughout the entire scenery shift. Buck and the littlest Hard Rock stand with you, as well as the other six Rocks and the now conscious mystery pony (the one Nameless brought back – and whom you now take to be Roll).

Spoiler:

Roll exchanges glances with the six other Rocks, then trots up beside the littlest Hard Rock and nods, frowning – eyes narrowed.

“So I take it we’re not in New Orreigns anymore?”

“Nwope,” the littlest Rock shakes his head slowly, still sounding like a little colt, but with eyes wide and full of clarity – clarity that only comes with age. “We’re dweaming.”

Roll blinks once – and you realize “he” actually has a mare’s eyelashes – right before a pair of sunglasses materialize in her hoof and she slips them on over her eyes. She looks over the party and nods once to all of you. “What’s going on here?” she asks in a gruff - but female - voice to anypony in general – Hard Rock taking up the question as he motions to your group, “They swaved us.”

Roll opens her mouth to speak again – but then a groaning echoes in your heads and you all turn your attention in the direction… that Gleeda’s still firing lightning bolts at…

As bolts continue to rain down on his obsidian skin, the Balrog groans and shakes his head, having fallen down on all fours in an every-shrinking pool of ebon goo. Though the creature retains his menacing appearance and dominating stature – in his current state, he seems… diminished somehow, as if something about him has been removed... A moment ago you’d felt a sense of fear and doubt at the sheer sight of the beast, but now that fear is gone – replaced by confidence and a sense of certainty.

The nightmare pounds the pool around him with one massive fist, sending up a shower of tarry goo as he growls, “Not fair…” Grinding his fangs together, glaring at his reflection, he continues beating his fist in the dark waters, “Not fair! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! - sending up more and more showers of tarry goo in every direction. I HAD THEM! I HAD THEM RIGHT WHERE I WANTED! HOW’D IT HAPPEN?! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! NOT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!!!!

Then he dunks his head under the water.

A piercing psychic shriek follows soon after.

-Then silence.

Slowly, the Balrog rears his head back up from the tar pit, dripping ebon goo from his obsidian-forged face, his burning red eyes narrowing as he gazes at all of you from across the blue. He rises onto his clawed feet, rising to his full height, clenching and unclenching his fists, cracking his tail, beating his wings – and then he frowns, raising an eyebrow at the rain of lightning bolts still pelting him in the chest...

Rearing back, the Balrog lets out another earsplitting roar – “ENOOOOOOOOOOUGH!!!!”

“YOU!” He shakes a burning finger at Chitin, “DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’VE DONE, FOAL?! YOU’VE RUINED EVERYTHING!” The Balrog spreads his arms out wide, looking in either direction, “DO YOU SEE? THERE’S NOTHING LEFT! NOTHING!” He begins shaking his fists, roaring, “YOU’VE TAKEN IT ALL AWAY! ALL OF IT! ALL THE FEAR! IT’S GONE! HAVOC CURSE YOUR SOUL, PONY! THERE’S NOTHING LEFT TO EAT!”

Roll nods in the Balrog’s direction, “What’s his deal?”

“He was weadin’ a pack a’ monstaws that wanted ta feed on ow’ feaya.”

“Oh yeah? No foalin’?” She glances back at the Balrog – still ranting and raving off in his goo puddle – then she glances back at the other six Rocks before turning to the littlest Hard Rock. “You… uh… You think ya might oughta’ pull yourselves back together? I don’t think the hot head’s done with us just yet.”

The littlest Hard Rock glances at the Balrog –

“YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! EV-ERY-THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!”

Then he turns back to Roll and shrugs, “Awight.”

Rock starts to gallop over to his sextuplets – then stops, spins around, and gallops back.

He skids to a halt before Chitin, looks up at her with his purple eyes full of tears – and hugs her leg tight.

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next