Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mertropolis

+3
Z2
SubjectZ
Ramsus
7 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mertropolis - Page 17 Empty Re: Mertropolis

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Coral falls over into the hole, but manages to stop her fall before she hits the ground. Mostly because it was a fairly long way down. It looks like she's in the real Old Mertropolis parts now. There's ruins of old buildings or even some mostly intact ones touching the ceiling above. Instead of tunnels there are streets littered with rubble and with vines and fungi. She can hear the constant dripping of water and the sound of things shifting around (though that could be the rubble or it could be things what are alive, she can't tell).
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:28 pm

Coral sighs, then looks around for any structurally safe ways to get even remotely close to the hole she fell through, meanwhile admiring what is left of the buildings.
Perception:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:40 pm

The ladder ends abruptly about a third of the way down in midair. The closest building (and the only one remotely in jumping range of the ladder) is actually totally structurally unsound. In fact, examining the ladder itself Coral can tell it is so old and rusted in some hard to see spots that it would collapse if it had to support a pony's weight for longer than a minute. She also spots the scattered remains of the ladder in several pieces around the area. It looks as though it was deliberately destroyed, though the scattering just seems random. The only way back up would be to fly or to make a new ladder or other device to get back up. Though there is probably an alternate way up to the surface somewhere down here. She's also sure she can hear living things moving around, though some of their noises seem to stop as she looks around. She even spots one scurry away down a hole inside of a collapsed building (she sees this through a small hole in the wall). One of the nearby buildings was definitely a bakery. The rest were other kinds of stores and homes. None of the homes look like they'd be safe to walk into, though an untrained eye would only know that was the case for half of them. Oh and there are definitely rats and roaches down here. One of the later is even under one of her hooves.

...and then the lamp, which had gotten caught on the ladder, falls down, but Coral catches it with her telekinesis before it can hit the ground. ...then the moment she's feeling relieved about that it goes out, leaving her in the dark.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Golden leans over the hole and shouts down. "Hay you ok down there!?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:02 pm

"Yeah, I'm fine! Don't come down here, the ladder isn't trustworthy. Do you think you could send down something lit on fire? The lamp went out, and the only light is coming from you! Once you do that, I think I could make something from the rubble that could remake the ladder so you guys can come down, or so I can come up."
Meta:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Golden looks around for anything that could be used as a quick torch but upon finding only rotten and wet wood she once again leans over the edge."Coral I can't find anything I'm coming down! Clear the way! With that she allows herself to tip over the edge and then float down to where Coral is.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:44 pm

"...Right. I forgot about that part."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:28 am

Floe flies down and looks around...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:06 pm

"Well, down it is then." Col says, moving over to Gear and slinging him over his shoulder. "Let's get you somewhere you can actually see something." He says, before flying down with him and landing next to Floe.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:05 pm

"Ah! Gear Craft, I have a question for you. When you phase through something, does it affect the object in any way? I want to investigate some of these buildings, but most of them are too unstable to safely approach, so I thought that being intangible would make it safer."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Gear Craft, surprised at the sudden lift, takes a moment, then says, "Thanks Col. Anyway, to answer your question, Coral... I'm not entirely sure, I only built this thing a while ago, and it's... still in beta, let's say."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:21 pm

Golden pouts at Gear Craft "Well can't you just field test it then?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:13 pm

"No, that would be incredibly dangerous, not just for him, but for all of us. If he affects the buildings or they affect him in any way, or even the possibility of it, it would be more risk than it would be worth."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:49 pm

"Coral is right, it'll have to wait, though i think doors and such are fine."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:01 am

Coral looks around at random debris not attached in any way to nearby structures. "No, doors would not be a good idea either. Almost all of the structures here are unstable, and doors might be supporting them in their frames. We could try making an unstable pile of debris to test the intangibility suit, maybe?" Coral quickly goes around picking up debris of all sizes with her magic, then starts building a large pile out of it that she deems to be at least as unstable as any of the buildings down here, if not more so.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:27 am

Gear Craft readies his suit, then steps into the pile of debris, looking closely for any effects on it's structure, strength, or tangibility.
((Perception: 3 + 5 = 8. Someone else roll, quick!))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:31 pm

Perception:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Col spends a few minutes shuffling through the pile of things, touching each different type of material and... Seeming to be entranced for a few seconds before moving on to the next one.

Rolls:
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:07 pm

The wood feels cold and gray as if life has been gone from it so long that it's like it never had any.
The concrete feels as if it's forever unchanging (even though of course concrete does break).
The warped metal has a loose black aura.
The rebar feels of change.
From the bricks you can feel the soft percussion of many hooves and wheels were passing over you, this sensation seems to stretch out for a long time and yet also feels like it happened almost all at once.
The broken girder feels like it belongs to that large building over to the west. Of course you can only tell what you're looking at was a building because of the feeling you're getting.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:15 pm

"Oooookaaay..." Col says aloud, looking pretty worried. "I don't think it's a good idea to scout ahead alone around here, even if you're intangible." He says, trying to stop Gear. "There's a lot of... Strange stuff around here."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Gear stops, and says, "Ok. So, did anyone notice anything about the materials? I was too busy monitoring the suit."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:12 pm

"There's some... Ominous stuff with these materials. The best way I could describe it is unnatural." Col says, looking a bit worried. "I think it's a good idea to stick together, honestly."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:09 am

After a moment of silence, Coral clears her throat. "Sooo.... We came down here to search for lizard-ponies, didn't we? Or something else? Anyway, I somehow get the feeling we aren't about to find it soon, so unless you all want to risk your lives in this unstable environment searching for whatever it is, then we might want to just go back up and explore the rest of the tunnels, no?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:17 am

Just after Coral says that, she and Golden hear the sound of movement from underneath them. A moment later Coral also hears something that sounds like something sniffing for a scent.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:43 am

Coral's eyes widen, and her ears go back. "What was that!?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn