Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+3
Ramsus
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
7 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  Dr Blight Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 am

The guards  jump in surprise when Ragnarok begins giving orders and begin talking amongst themselves quickly. You catch mention of "abandoning our post" and "dangerous lunatic" being tossed around before they seem to make up their minds. two of them heading off into town at full gallop while another goes in the opposite direction, towards the fortress behind all of you. The last just seems to plant his hooves and look alert.

Taking to the air, Ragnarok manages to keep sight of Torch for a little while. However, the green unicorn gallops with truly surprising speed as a grim determination fuels him and he quickly puts distance between himself and his flying pursuer. As the gulf between Torch and Ragnarok grows with each beat of her wings is becomes apparent she isn't going to catch him like this.

Torch for his part, quickly realizes he has absolutely NO IDEA where the buck he is or where he's going As he looks around trying to get an idea of where in town and failing miserably, he looks forward in time to spot a pink mare walk around a corner and right into his path. As he barrels down the road towards her she turns and glances in his direction with slightly widened eyes.

stuff:

The changeling mare seems to consider the question for a moment giving a slight shrug. "My name is Mirage." She chuckles slightly. "In a just world you'd already know me as the greatest actress to ever grace the stage but alas, this is not a just world." She gives a more exasperated shrug at the unfairness of it all before smiling. "As for our landlady, she is known as Desire. Fitting no, considering what kind of establishment this is?" She tilts her head slightly in response to Aoi's answer. "A crystal pony? I've never heard of such a thing..."

Dream hopes a little in excitement. "Yeah! That sounds like fun!" her little wings beating quickly with a low buzzing sound as she gets some otherwise surprising air with her little hops. "Huh?" she asks confused as she comes to a sudden stop in mid air. She pivots slightly in the air to follow where Dr. D is looking a flinches visibly when she notices the changeling mare with the wrench. Her wings suddenly stop and she drops out of the air like a rock, landing on her belly with an "oof!" She quickly picks herself up and laughs nervously. "Uh...no, it's okay. She looks mad. I'll just be somewhere else til you're done." With that she turns and runs towards the crowd. She seems to realize something though and comes to a skidding stop, turning around and picking up her crude butterfly and setting it on her back. "Bye for now!" She calls out before running away again.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:05 am

"It is a pleasure to meet you Mirage, if I was less pressed for time I would request a performance." Aoi replies with a polite smile. "Yes, I would imagine you would not have. Crystal Ponies have been quite rare for a very long time now I believe. Not that they were ever especially prolific." She then turns to Death Ray and gives him a somewhat annoyed look at the prolonged wait, "Are you about ready yet?"
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:48 am

Buck, I'm lost. How do I ge- Torch's eyes widen as he spots the pink mare, and he desperately attempts to sidestep her.
Acrobatics Check:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Ragnarok begins to crackle with lightning as she puts on a massive burst of speed inorder to quickly catch up to the fleeing Torch.
Talent:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:49 am

Dr Blight wrote:
Dream hops a little in excitement. "Yeah! That sounds like fun!" her little wings beating quickly with a low buzzing sound as she gets some otherwise surprising air with her little hops. "Huh?" she asks confused as she comes to a sudden stop in mid air. She pivots slightly in the air to follow where Dr. D is looking a flinches visibly when she notices the changeling mare with the wrench. Her wings suddenly stop and she drops out of the air like a rock, landing on her belly with an "oof!" She quickly picks herself up and laughs nervously. "Uh...no, it's okay. She looks mad. I'll just be somewhere else til you're done." With that she turns and runs towards the crowd. She seems to realize something though and comes to a skidding stop, turning around and picking up her crude butterfly and setting it on her back. "Bye for now!" She calls out before running away again.
Death Ray had been happy to see how excited Dream had got at the idea of working together – but he’d also been a little put off by the way she’d 180'd immediately when he mentioned the changeling mare with the wrench.

“Um… bye… I… guess?” he’d said, waving after her uncertainly – meanwhile wondering what exactly had made her react in quite that way. Was it really just that Dream didn’t like to deal with ponies that looked upset… or... was there something else at work here? Maybe she and this other changeling had some kind of horrible history between them?

-Well, either way, the Doctor figured he’d burn that city when he came to it. For now, he’d simply see if he couldn’t lend a helping hoof, as, the way he saw it, helping out around Dream’s place would be like helping out Dream as well – indirectly, at least. He was also pretty good with anything that required a wrench – so why not?

As Death Ray trotted over to the changeling… handypony? ...Aoi turned to him and called,
Ramsus wrote:"Are you about ready yet?"
“Just… just a minute!” The Doctor called back, "I'll be right with ya!" meanwhile thinking to GREGG, Don’t you dare let that crystal priss-cess present that rose without me!

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir!

Good machine!

Treading slowly past the other changelings – who all seemed very intent upon mimicking Aoi – Just… just what I needed… the Doctor thought, -MORE pompous brats… and there sure are a LOT of changelings here too… – the Doctor made his way to the other side of the room. Coming to a halt just short of the doorway he’d seen the changeling mare with the wrench disappear through, he raised a hoof to knock – then paused and glanced back at the party crowd, trying to catch another glimpse of Dream among them.

Was this really a good idea? If Dream didn’t like this mare – there might be a reason for that…

But then… he was already here so… he might… he might as well… See. What. He. Could… Do?

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, the Doctor reared back with his hoof – and gently knocked on the wall. “Uh… He…Hello?” he called, “Anypony... anypony in there? I… uh… thought it looked like you might… might be having some mechanical… troubles…” The doctor grinned awkwardly, suddenly feeling his usual shyness bucking in, “And I just thought… you know… that I might could lend a... lend a hoof?” -And speaking of hoofs, Death Ray was running one of his through his mane nervously. “I’m… um... I'm kind of… kind of good with anything…” he coughed, “-machine related… So I might be able to... help... yeah..."

“If you... if you don’t want the help though – I uh… I understand…”
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:25 am

"Likewise I'm sure. It's quite alright though, this is not exactly a grand stage you see." The purple changeling tilts her head as she considers what Aoi says. "Hmm... I see. Crystal ponies is it? How curious... Would you mind terribly telling me more about them?"

The world seems to stop and stretch for an instant as Ragnarok becomes as lightning itself. In the blink of an eye Ragnarok crosses the distance between them, flying just a dozen feet above Torch now as she slips back out of the sudden burst of speed. A massive percussive sound rends the air behind her.

As Torch tries to come to a stop he realizes he's not going to make it as his hooves struggle to change his direction at the last minute. Just as he's about to crash into the mare her horn flares up and he feels a pressure underneath him rising. From one moment to the next Torch's vision spins as he's lifted up and over the mare and flipped onto his back on the other side of her.

The mare for her part seems to be shaking slightly, even as she's now standing on her hind legs in some kind of judo pose and staring off into the distance panting and looking shaken.

A moment after he knocks the door opens and the mare pokes her head out, a fuzzy pink towel draped over her head. Behind her you can see what appears to be a small bathroom. She blinks looking at you for a moment, milling over what you said, before giving a crooked smile in response. "You don't recognize me do you..." She says with a chuckle in a familiar voice, hearing her speak you recognize her as Dream's mother. "Sure. It's only fitting you take responsibility since you're the one who inspired Dream to dismantle the plumbing under the kitchen sink and the cabinet doors..." She says in a tone that's a strange mix of friendly and supremely annoyed, as if she's not quite sure just how much she actually blames you for it.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:33 am

Aoi tells of what little she knows of crystal ponies, which isn't an impressive amount since histories and non-theological studies weren't her best subjects, but she does her best anyhow, if for no better reason than to delay as she waits for Death Ray to stop bucking around and actually focus on the important task at hand. She would have thought it was common sense to handle diplomacy before personal matters (especially if those personal matters were going to stretch on and on as seemed to be the case here) and thinks to herself that after this that he will be getting a stern talking to. Not that she thought it would really end up doing much good. She makes a note to herself to endeavor to keep Death Ray out of any matters that require attending to in a timely manner and logical or polite order.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:53 am

Torch looks at the mare, panting and on his back. OW! He stands up, legs wobbly, and, pointedly ignoring Ragnarok, turns to the mare. "Jeez, I'm sorry miss, are you alright?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Ragnarok shoots Torch simmering glare. "Have you returned to your senses yet?" She then turns over to Unicorn mare. "I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience that this pony has caused you."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Torch returns the glare, but says absolutely nothing, waiting for the mare.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:52 am

Dr Blight wrote:A moment after he knocks the door opens and the mare pokes her head out, a fuzzy pink towel draped over her head. Behind her you can see what appears to be a small bathroom. She blinks looking at you for a moment, milling over what you said, before giving a crooked smile in response. "You don't recognize me do you..." She says with a chuckle in a familiar voice, hearing her speak you recognize her as Dream's mother. "Sure. It's only fitting you take responsibility since you're the one who inspired Dream to dismantle the plumbing under the kitchen sink and the cabinet doors..." She says in a tone that's a strange mix of friendly and supremely annoyed, as if she's not quite sure just how much she actually blames you for it.
Ummm…

Death Ray sat down, shrugged, winced, and smiled all at once.

Sorry?” he said in a very small, uncertain voice that sounded more like a squeak, “And… um… Hi.

So this was why Dream hadn’t wanted to come with Death Ray… It all made sense now. Tar-taurus hath no fury like a mare’s scorn…

Dropping his gaze, the Doctor tapped his forehooves together tentatively, feeling his face grow flush. “So… uh… BTW… I… hope things are going… well? I mean with the… the burns and all… They looked pretty serious the other day soooooo… yeah.” He glanced up uncertainly, “I… I trust that you’re… feeling okay?

Death Ray paused a moment, then bit his lip and added slowly, “And… uh… if you want… I could have a… Talk. With. Dream? –After I fix the plumbing of course. Heh. Heh... yeeeeah…
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:57 am

Aoi overhearing Death Ray thought to herself something along the lines of "oh hell no!" and beckoned Mirage to follow her as she walked over to him. She nodded to the changeling he was speaking to and said, "Excuse me for interrupting." and then turned herself so that she could address all present (turning her head as she spoke if that's not possible given the room). Then she continued in a louder voice, "We have brought a gift, a small token in hopes of showing our sincere desire to begin an amicable relationship with your hive." Then she turns to DR, still wearing a polite smile, but when her eyes fall upon him there's a threatening twinkle to them, and says, "If you would?"

((If DR ignores her while she talks, she smacks him with her tail so that he actually receives her look. And if Josh decides he wants DR to not present the rose right away, I guess I'll be making an intimidation check to get him to do so.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:51 pm

As Aoi had started off towards the Doctor, GREGG’s voice had come into his head, DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINS – er… I mean – DR. DEATH RAY! Princess Aoihime coming in hot at 12 o’clock sir!

Ohhhh – joy. What now?

The Doctor had slumped his shoulders, sighed, rose up off the floor, and turned to meet Aoi in the same instant, readying himself for only Discord-knew-what – and after Aoi’d finished her little speech, the Doctor had raised an eyebrow, frowning at her – just as GREGG zipped up beside the princess… then jumped in surprise, realizing his error, and hurriedly repositioned himself beside Death Ray.

Please be nice sir. She just wants the attention appropriate to her station.

So do I GREGG – but I’m patient about it!

Please sir. She’s just a child.

-I’m well aware.

If I would?” Death Ray repeated Aoi’s words sternly, staring her in the eye, standing up straight, and slipping his black goggles down over his own eyes. He stared at her for a long moment, before saying simply, “I. Would. Not.

He paused to let those words sink in, before taking a deep breath and adding, “-Not yet anyway.”

Death Ray had an urge to end it there, but then he rolled his eyes behind his black lenses, feeling his conscience get the better of him - or maybe that was GREGG? Oh, for Dastardly Deed’s sake…

Flipping up his goggles, the Doctor sat down again, trying to give the princess a relatively earnest smile as he did so.

“Look Princess," he began, trying to take on a kindly tone of voice, "you want us to unveil our work to-” he made air quotes with his hooves, “-‘show our sincere desire to begin an amicable relationship with the hive,’ – I get that.” He shook his head and shrugged, “But do we really even need a gift for that? I mean…” He looked out at the crowd, grinned, and blushed – then turned back to Aoi, raising his voice as he said, “Sure, we’ve got a gift, and sure, I plan to give it just like you do – but what’s the rush? I thought you were doing a good job of showing our ‘sincere desire’ just by talking to ponies, and I’ve already made friends in this group too – at least… IIIIIIIII… think their friends?” He glanced back at Dream’s mom uncertainly, “…Friends? …Acquaintances?” – before shrugging and turning back to Aoi, “Whatever the case, as far as I can tell, I’m showing a sincere desire to…” Death Ray paused, scratching his head, “-Do whatever it is... you just... said. I forget – but… uh… whatever the case, right now, I just want to see that my friends/acquaintances are all happy before we have any epic presentations. I mean, wouldn't the best time to present our gift be when everypony's in the best mood to receive it? Well, I hear the landlady’s having some plumbing problems,” He nodded back to Dream’s mom, “Even if I can’t fix it completely right now, I should at least... well... try to get things under... under control first. That seems like a more pressing issue right now to me than presenting our gift - and besides," the Doctor tapped a hoof to his chest, "I make robots for fun! Do you think it would take all that long for me to fix plumbing?"
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:18 am

-With Torch and Ragna-

The unicorn mare blinks a few times as she seems to slowly come back to her senses. Slowly dropping back down to all fours she coughs into her hoof slightly as she regains her composure. "Ah, yes. I-it's quite alright. I am after all..."She suddenly hops into a dramatic stance and tone of voice, as if mugging for some invisible audience... "...the mayor's aide!" ...before quickly resuming a more normal posture, adjusting the glasses that slipped slightly down her snout during her proclamation. "...If I couldn't deal with some stallion careening out of control down a busy sidewalk, I can't imagine how I would get through Tuesdays!" She turns to look the two of you over for a moment. "You're part of that group that rescued the mayor from that dragon-thing correct? Thank you for that.  We should schedule a meet and greet, lunch perhaps, it'd be good for PR." She says as she levitates a small notebook from her vest pocket and begins to flip through it. "Maybe a week from Friday? Oh! What's the hurry if I may ask?" She suddenly gets a shocked expression and begins flipping through the book more frantically. Don't tell me the mayor's been kidnapped again?! By some kind of windy dog statue or some such?!"Oh this is going to throw the whole schedule out..."

-With Aoi and Ray-

Dreams mother gives an amused snort in response. "I'm well enough to work at least." She says with a shrug before tilting her head. "I don't want to discourage her, she's even taken to wearing a cutie mark of sorts with all this... But if you could maybe direct this new found interest of hers into a direction that does not include dismantling the house, that'd be swell." She looks like she's about to say something else but closes her mouth and takes a step back when Aoi suddenly joins in. She quietly watches the back and forth between Aoi and Ray before sighing and stepping between them, putting a hoof on both of their chests and pushing them back apart with all the audacity that can only come from being a mother.

"First:" She says as she turns towards Ray, dropping back to all fours and speaking in a friendly but stern voice. "That won't be necessary, I have more than enough hooves living here to help out if I needed it. I've already shut off the water in there, it's well enough under control. It'll keep till I can get the materials to fix it properly." That said she turns towards Aoi, sounding a mix of curious and confused. "Second: I'm afraid I don't understand what you intend with this... This isn't a hive, in terms of size or organization, it's not even close... Are you expecting some sort of alliance?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:12 am

Aoi cuts off the response she was going to give to Death Ray as the changeling he was speaking to lays hooves on her person! As this happens she is too surprised to mask the affronted and shocked look that comes over her face. After the changeling speaks, Aoi opens her mouth, but says nothing, flabbergasted that she just cut right through all the formality and pleasantries and went straight to touching her without first even introducing herself and asking what Aoi wanted as if she were some cheap salesman.

Finally managing a response, though not able to keep out a certain amount of distaste from her tone she replies, "I would have proposed a beneficial relationship if I had resolved that your hive, small or not, was capable, courteous, and of course not malicious." Aoi then paused to look at her chest where the changeling had pushed her and then to the offending appendage. "In fact, the act I would have asked to be done to seal the arrangement would have been at least as much to your benefit as my own. I also cannot imagine the alliance, as you put it, would not have been in all ways to your benefit more than mine. Perhaps we can revisit the issue at a later date if you feel more inclined to take the matter seriously and with due respect and decorum." Then Aoi gives a short polite nod to Dream's mother.... and proceeds to exit. On her way, she looks back and says, "You may of course still keep our gift... whenever the boor decides he can spare the effort to part with it."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:56 am

Torch looks fairly surprised and says, "Oh, uh, just... trying to get back to our group after an unfortunate split, urgent business and such. Mayor's fine, ma'am, as far as we know. As for a meet and greet..." His stomach rumbles, reminding him that, oh yeah, he might need food.Come on, Torch, focus! Things to do. "I myself would be opposed, on account of an important quest, but if you'd like to ask my companion here..." With that, he takes a look at his surroundings, seeing if he can find any recognizable ways back to the cafe before sprinting like a dunce into the middle of nowhere.
Streetwise Check:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:53 pm

"Now I will have to get back to you about that appointment very important business at sea in the immediate future. Unfortunately there might be mild crisis here in a short time there has been the sighting of a Windigo spirit within the city. Yes the spirits from the old Hearts Warming tales. I would suggest that you suggest to the mayor that the services of the monks that recently came into town be contracted for this issue. Now I need to restrain this pony until he regains his senses and or abandons his plans for genocide.." And Ragnarok attempts to do exactly that.

OOC going to edit in a roll to hold down torch later...

Roll:

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Windigos)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:06 am

Torch yelps and attempts to dodge the hippogriff.
Acrobatics Roll:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 am

Ramsus wrote:"I would have proposed a beneficial relationship if I had resolved that your hive, small or not, was capable, courteous, and of course not malicious." Aoi then paused to look at her chest where the changeling had pushed her and then to the offending appendage. "In fact, the act I would have asked to be done to seal the arrangement would have been at least as much to your benefit as my own. I also cannot imagine the alliance, as you put it, would not have been in all ways to your benefit more than mine. Perhaps we can revisit the issue at a later date if you feel more inclined to take the matter seriously and with due respect and decorum." Then Aoi gives a short polite nod to Dream's mother.... and proceeds to exit. On her way, she looks back and says, "You may of course still keep our gift... whenever the boor decides he can spare the effort to part with it."
Death Ray stared at Aoi in utter disbelief as she started to trot off…

He looked at Dream’s Mother…

Then back to Aoi…

Then back to Dream’s Mother…

Then back to Aoi…

“Wha… Bu… I… She… It… We... Who – Haaaaaaaaay!

Death Ray turned to GREGG, -Did she just call me a boar?

Actually sir, I think she called you a 'boor.'

Oh. Right... Haaaaay!

Death Ray paused.

-As in boor-ing? I'm totally not boring!

-And what the buck just happened anyway? I thought Princess was Taurtaurus-bent on giving the Temporal Rose to these guys? What rustled her diamond wings all of a sudden?

Death Ray gave GREGG a hard look.

-And don’t you dare start with me about how it was MY fault this time. I was trying to be nice… for once… Really! …I WAS!

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir. I believe you sir. However, it would compute that we may have - be it unknowingly - insulted Ms. Aoihime in some unforeseen way sir. I need not remind you that she is the equivalent of royalty, and my programming is sadly lacking in knowledge of Neighponese royal etiquette.

Well... uh… what should we do now?

You’re the Doctor sir…

Death Ray looked towards Aoi uncertainly – then frowned and turned away.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah – who needs her? Let her go. We can present the buckin’ rose without that spoiled brat any-

Death Ray looked up at GREGG and gave him an annoyed look.

What?!

I didn’t say anything sir…

Death Ray sighed and rolled his eyes. Of course you didn’t…

He glanced back at Aoi… then dropped his gaze, scratching the back of his head with one hoof.

What’s wrong sir?

Well… I mean… I... I don’t want to just present the rose without the little brat… I mean… It... It just feels wrong, you know? She’s a brat and all, sure, but… but she did work on the thing too…

-Blast it.

Death Ray turned back to his robotic companion.

GREGG!

Stop that mutant ice witch!

Come again sir?

I mean… talk to... to Princess there. She likes you… I think.

Death Ray shrugged, I’m not really sure about anything concerning that bat-crazy diamond dragon thing right now – but… see if you can’t… I don’t know… calm her down or something... wouldja?

And with that, the Doctor watched as his little gold plated companion zipped away to catch up to the Neighponese princess…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Begging your pardon m’lady…” GREGG piped up cautiously as he slowed down a respectable distance behind Aoi, lowering his gold frame submissively while slipping back into his Royal Attendant Protocol, “But you seem quite vexed… If I may be so bold Madame, perhaps it might do you good to… to talk about it… Ms. Aoihime mam?
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:54 am

Desire simply blinks a few times after Aoi's done and storms off. "..." She remains silent for a moment before tilting her head slightly. "What just happened?"

Mirage quickly follows after Aoi, falling into step beside her. "Ah, I do apologize for that. Our landlady is not particularly gifted in the ways of high society. I assure you she meant no disrespect, she's merely ignorant of the proper manners for such an occasion."

-meanwhile downstairs-
The day continues on  mostly as normal for Clandestine, tourists and regulars coming in to have a meal and providing one in return, same as the previous few days. A trio of unusual characters had come in not long ago and two had gone upstairs. The third, a blue minotaur in some kind of bed sheet skirt had remained downstairs and eventually settled into a table without asking and helped himself to some of the drinks available.

Some of the other servers were complaining that he didn't even have the decency to feed them back for their trouble and had taken to trying to subtly get him to leave, or at least clear the table.

Had a slightly unpleasant customer been the worst of it that would've been just fine, but it seemed the day wasn't quite done yet. with a loud crash a young purple mare with a black mane burst through the doors. Her mane was a frazzled mess and her glasses crooked on her snout. Reaching into her saddlebags she pulls a mass of sheets out with her teeth and begins scattering them about the room. Flyer raining down lazily all about as she yells. "The winter is coming! The legends were true! Prepare for the coming cold!" She rants in a panicked voice before scattering more papers around with a shake of her head.

-with Ragna and Torch-

The mayor's aide blinks confused for a moment. "Spirits? Ah! The mayor did say some of those red ruffians were quite hysterical. Is that what it was all about? What were they called now....windigos was it?" She stops for a moment as her ear twitches, watching the hippogriff professor try to tackle the green pony, who dodges nimbly out of the way at the last moment. "I'm sorry, did you say genocide?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:09 am

Aoi replied to Mirage as they walked down the stairs, "Yes, I suppose I am now aware of that. If she or whoever is the leader of your hive would like to delegate the responsibility of discourse with myself to someone else that would probably be best, if there is interest. I-" she cuts off as the purple marechild from earlier bursts in the room and begins shouting and throwing paper around. "You again?" she asks rather flatly and grabs one of the flyers from the air to read it, mentally bracing herself.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:54 am

Ragnarok picks herself up from the ground. "Yes. The windigo's effect upon creatures it to amplify the emotion of hatred to much higher degrees. Where this pony was merely a bigot before  now he is wanting to burn alive every single changeling regardless of the consequences.Even with ponies less hate filled there is a significant chance that it would escalate to such actions as murder. Now I appear to require assistance with restraining him."

OOC do I need to roll persuasion?

Roll:

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:21 am

Torch turns sharply and says, "Hey! I resent that remark!" He turns to the mayor's aide and smiles widely, saying, "Sorry, she tends to make up the craziest stories."
Persuasion:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:33 pm

This day keeps getting better and better... Clandestine thinks to herself, catching one of the papers. "Friend of yours?" She says to Aoi before glancing over the paper. Well, at least today's going to prove interesting I suppose.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Dr Blight wrote:Desire simply blinks a few times after Aoi's done and storms off. "..." She remains silent for a moment before tilting her head slightly. "What just happened?"
Upon hearing the confusion in Dream's mother's voice (which consequently reminded the Doctor that he really needed to catch Dream’s mother’s name sometime in the near future so he could stop referring to her as “Dream’s mother”), Dr. Death Ray spun back around to face her. Grinning with embarrassment, he paused a moment to weigh his options.

Now… How to go about this…?

Uuuuuuuuh… sorry… about… that...” The Doctor lowered his gaze, “You see…” he shrugged, “Aoi’s got… well… special needs… if you – um – if you get my meaning?” Running a self-conscious hoof through his spikey mane, Death Ray gave a weak little laugh, “Heh… heh… – yeah… I’ve only known the kid for all of a few hours actually… but… well… she’s already lost her temper… once… well, maybe twice... three times... four... Okay, so maybe… maybe about half a dozen or so… She’s also threatened multiple ponies, made multiple enemies, and picked a fight with one of my friends at the… ah... local. college. library…” –Death Ray went down the list, counting off each factoid with a tap of his hoof– “-But” the Doctor added quickly, looking up and shaking his head, “-But… uh… don’t get the wrong idea! She’s… uh… she’s not a total jerk… I think… She’s just really pompous… and… and self-important... Yeah... Apparently, where she comes from, she’s worshipped as a goddess or something… That type of thing can’t be good for a pony's ego… She’s also a pre-teen with a one-track mind, which... which doesn’t really help with the whole ego thing… From what I’ve been able to gather so far sheeeee - also seems to think she’s some Chosen One” – Death Ray was sure to make the air quotes with his hooves – “here to save the world from a great, impending doom – hopefullywithanyluck,I’llhavesomethingtodowiththatimpendingdoompart…”

The Doctor paused.

“-But yeah… she’s just a… a tad bit full of herself. She can be… alright… sometimes though… I guess... -You shouldn’t worry too much over what just happened though. She’ll be okay...” Death Ray added soberly, “I think…

He cleared his throat, “Yeah… She just… she just needs to stop taking everything… well… quite so... seriously...”

Then the Doctor’s eyes lit up as he remembered, “-Oh. And… uh… right. We did bring something to present to the Hive” the Doctor made sure to use more air quotes this time too “… but uh…” Death Ray leaned in a bit and whispered conspiratorially out the side of his mouth, “Coincidentally… I’d seen the confetti and things from outside… and I’d… well… I’d originally thought it was Dream’s birthday… That’s why we made the present actually… But since… you know… it... wasn’t... her birthday and all… we were just going to present the gift anyway as a sign of good will… at least, I think that was the plan… Something along those lines.”

While saying this, Death Ray sent his thoughts out to his robotic companion – Hey? GREGG? How are things going with Princess?

Ms. Aoihime seems preoccupied at the moment Dr. Death Ray sir. I tried to talk to her, but other changelings wished to express their concern as well. I believe she’s too distracted to really have noticed me yet – but I’ll stay with her as long as I can. An opportune time to speak should present itself…

Death Ray nodded to himself at that. I guess well… just… just keep at it then GREGG…

Yes sir!
XandZero2
XandZero2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next