The Rise of the Windigo King

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 am

Dr Blight wrote:As the doctor pulls the trigger, a blast of bright blue-ish silver light shoots out of the freeze ray and towards the ice rose. The instant it hits the crystal sculpture the light reflecting off it turns it into a blinding miniature star of energy. The device's shaking itself quickly becomes more violent as the blast itself intensifies. Smoke begins to waft viably from the casing of the machine as the faint smell of something burning becomes noticeable.

And then the icening bolt hits.

In an instant a shower of sparks erupts from the freeze ray as small explosions rip apart its casing several times a second. The beam of energy intensifies to a bright white so blinding everything around it is the deepest black by comparison. The light so intense that even when you're forced to close your eyes you can still clearly see it.

As quickly as the moment came, it is gone. The blast suddenly ends with one final explosion from the freeze ray itself. As you blink your eyes to clear them, ghosts of the intense light still dancing in your vision, you take in the situation before you. The activity in the street has completely halted as every pony seems to be rubbing their eyes. More than a few appear to have walked face first into objects when they were blinded by the light.

The freeze ray itself is blackened and burned, smoke billowing from it as melted bits of plastic and wires fill the air with a distinct stench. The explosions have ripped holes all over it through which you can see clearly through, and the very front is blown out completely, to the point of resembling a peeled banana.

On the other end is the ice rose itself, floating in midair with a distinct prismatic glow. The rose itself seems to shift through every color of the spectrum depending on how you hold it and faint waves of rainbow light roll gently off it as it seems to float on its own in place. Something about the air around it seems...off. As you reach out towards the glowing sculpture you feel your hoof impact something solid. An invisible casing in the shape of a diamond of some unidentifiable composition which you assume to be temporally frozen air. The impact sends the floating sculpture drifting an inch or two in whatever direction you poke it weightlessly, in a way similar to a balloon. It doesn't appear to matter how hard you hit it as it only drifts an inch or two in any direction before becoming stationary in midair.

DM stuff:
You've all been blinded, by SCIENCE! Not that it actually matters mechanically unless you attempt to roll perception immediately for some reason. The effect only lasts for a few second in game time.

The freeze ray was unable to handle the strain and has exploded, Dr. D's Unmovable talent is currently unusable until your next extended rest.

You have obtained a Temporal Rose! -fanfare- It's very pretty and you're reasonably certain it probably isn't face-meltingly radioactive, maybe. It also can double as a very pretty nightlight and/or lantern.
Ramsus wrote:"Whoah! That was awesome!" Aoi exclaimed, gesticulating with her wings, having enjoyed the show. "Oh, uh... looks like your thing kinda.... broke." she commented, a bit worried Death Ray was going to get mad about it.
XandZero2 wrote:"IT'S ALIVE GREGG! ALIIIIIIIVE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAHAA-Oh, wait." Death Ray paused, turning to Aoi, "Did you say something?"

Flipping up his black goggles, the Doctor blinked a couple times before the dragonnel's question truly sunk in.

-Meanwhile, GREGG drifted up to the floating ice sculpture, extended a mini-grabber claw, and then, very cautiously, gave it a test poke.

When he saw it drift like a balloon - he poked it again...

"-Oh," the Doctor glanced at his smoking, blackened, pock-marked, freeze-ray-turned-banana-peel-gun; seeming to see it for the first time. He turned back to Aoi, tapping a hoof to the charred remains, "Oh... You mean this..."

"Oooooooooooooooooooh..."

-Death Ray paused a moment to look at GREGG (who in turn was watching as the aforementioned ice sculpture drifted through the air with each new poke of his robotic claw).

Turning back to the dragonnel, Death Ray nodded to his gun, "This old thing? You... uh... you mean my freeze ray?"

The Doctor shook his head, waving off it off with one hoof like the idea of a broken freeze ray was nothing. "Pfffft... Naw... I-I totally got this..." He tapped a hoof to his chin, looking the freeze ray over again, "All I need is a... a few nuts here... a bolt... or two there..." He nodded, "Polish it up a bit... and it'll be as good as-"

Death Ray paused for a moment as the remains of his gun disintegrated, the ashes drifting to the ground and collecting in a small heap...

"-As good as new!"

Glancing down at the ashes of his weapon, the Doctor ran a hoof through his spiky blond mane, "-I'll... Heh heh... I'll... uh... I'll sweep that up later..."

-"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..."

"GREGG?" Death Ray turned back to his robotic companion (who was still entranced by the ice rose - but who, at the utterance of his name, gave a little, shocked jump to attention and turned to his creator).

"Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir!"

Death Ray raised his hoof, still grinning.

Without hesitation, GREGG zipped up and knocked little robotic grabber hand to hoof - brohoof style.

-Then Death Ray turned to Aoi, offering her the same gesture.
Ramsus wrote:Aoi stares at the hoof in confusion and then very unsure and not very quickly mimics GREGG and gently places her closed claw against the hoof.
XandZero2 wrote:Huh. Maybe she's not so bad after all? -Dr. D thought to himself, giving Aoi a nod of approval before trotting excitedly over to the floating ice rose, scooping it up, and motioning to the others to follow, "Alright everypony! Let's go! Don't want to keep the birthday girl waiting! Operation: Ice Rose is on to Stage 3!"
Ramsus wrote:Aoi scratches her head, not really sure what's going on with Death Ray at this point. "At least he's in good spirits now." she thinks and follows along, wondering what a changeling hive outside of Neighpon will be like.
SubjectZ wrote:Torch stands back and says, "Have fun, guys.  I'll be waiting out here. Er, tell the kid i said happy birthday." He turns around and sits, thinking to himself.
tygerburningbright wrote:"I must say that was a rather impressive display Ray. I shall have to excuse myself from the celebration however. Ragnarok then sits down and silently keeps watch.
XandZero2 wrote:Death Ray was a bit relieved when Torch said he'd be staying outside (probably better that way... after all, the Doctor didn't know how the green unicorn might react if he found out just how many changelings were actually in the cafe...) although he was just a tad perplexed that Raggie would be staying with him (maybe to keep an eye on Torch...?)

Oh well, Death Ray shrugged, "Suit yourselves guys. If there's any cake though, I'll... uh... see if GREGG," he nodded to his robotic companion, "can't... maybe... send you down a couple slices."  Turning to Land Lobber, Dr. D then asked, "You coming big guy?"

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Land Lobber was looking at the tiny gem-like flower since his eyes cleared. 'Bet that'll sell for a bundle... But the question is how to gracefully steal it without it looking like taking candy from a child...'

He startles at being addressed. "Oh! Yeah, if there be cake, I be going, of course!" He gives a laugh. "Free cake be best cake, eh?"
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  Dr Blight on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:53 pm

As you enter the cafe you're overwhelmed by the smell of baking sweets and sugar. Taking a look around you find the inside is packed with mares and stallions of all walks. Most of them appear to be tourists, eating up the attention hook, line, and sinker. You're surprised to see a pair of royal guards at one of the tables, their helmets resting at their sides forgotten as they show off for the servers keeping them company. As ponies leave the building, you notice they look slightly tired, many yawning as they go, but generally seem cheerful. Some passing off the sudden drowsiness as simply being full.

Even more surprising for one of you: four of the customers appear to be some very familiar monks who don't appear to be acting very pious. And judging by the number of open wine bottles surrounding them that the mares hanging off of them keep offering more of, they probably aren't fit to fly back to the ship either.

Taking your eyes off the tables for a moment you see 'ponies' and 'griffons' going in back and coming back out again near constantly, usually with trays loaded with food or empty dishes. You also notice that occasionally one of the servers will go behind the counter and hang up their apron, heading upstairs only to seemingly immediately come back down, put it back on, and head on out the door.

"Welco-oh. It's just you."

Says a mare you don't recognize, starting in an extremely cheerful tone before quickly taking on a less welcoming and mildly stressed sounding one. While you don't recognize her current face, Dr. D and Gregg recognize the voice and mannerisms as those of Ditto, the changeling mare behind the counter when he left.

"You're here to see the landlady right?"

She asks before blinking and going quiet for a moment, as if noticing Aoi and Lobber for the first time and immediately switches back to the cheerful tone. Sidling up next to Dr. D and poking him teasingly in the side with a hoof.

"Or are you bringing your mare friend for a romantic lunch perhaps? We can set up a table for you two and one for your... bodyguard?"

Time passes as Ragnarok and Torch wait outside relatively uneventfully. It takes a few moments for ponies to completely stop walking into walls after being blinded by the crafting of the rose. A few of the waiters and waitresses advertising outside seem to stop and stare at you two for a moment, whispering amongst themselves.

The air is warm and humid and you quickly find yourselves feeling uncomfortably sweaty even as you sit in the shade. That is, until suddenly, an unusually cold dry wind blows through from the north. Sending a shiver down your spines as the sweat about you suddenly chills to nearly ice cold. Your breath momentarily visible as the wind blows through. As quickly as it came, the wind leaves again. However the air seems noticeably different now, slightly cooler and significantly less humid.

((Roll perception you two.))

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Torch looks up, noticing some strange... snowflakes?! Wait, no, rain, wait, no, er... ow, my head. He turned to Ragnarok and said, "Are you seeing this too?"
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 pm

"What!? I, what? No. NO! I mean... just... look. I'm..." Aoi responds with shock and she raises a flaw around head level indicating her height (but meaning her age), "And he's..." she points at him and gesticulates indicating his size (again meaning his age) "And even if that weren't the case just... still eww and still no!"

After a moment to compose herself she adds, "And he's not my bodyguard." pointing at Land Lobber. "If anything those drunken louts over there are." she says, pointing to the monks. "Well no matter, I suppose they have earned the right to relax for a bit. Though, I question the wisdom in their choice of locals. Not that there's anything wrong with your kind of course. Just that they would be better off if they knew what they had gotten themselves into."
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 pm

"Blue Blur ,a Pegasus likely, into the alley possible cause. We should follow." Only vaguely waiting for an answer Ragnarok starts flying after the blue blur.

Roll:
Acrobatics Roll(1d20)+11:
8,+11
Total:19
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 pm

"Wait, what?! Wait up!" Torch rushes to follow Ragnarok, wondering why something always seemed to happen when he wanted to sit down for a bit.
Acrobatics Roll:
I rolled: 3 + 11 = 14
Crud.
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:03 pm

You take to the skies, doing your best to keep up with your target as it seems to zip around corners without any trouble, just catching glimpses of it as it turns another corner. It doesn't appear to realize you're following it, making the job of tailing it easier for Ragnarok as she slowly but steadily gains on it. Torch running just behind, unable to see whatever Ragnarok is following as he puts his focus on avoiding the obstacles on the ground and keeping up with the hippogriff herself.

At last you get a good look at it as you both turn into a long alleyway. It resembles Verana in many ways, a ghostly creature, with the front half of a pony and a wispy tail for the lower half. But that's where the similarities end. It lacks wings or a horn like the alicorn ghost, resembling an elongated earth pony. A mass of wispy blue with a wild whipping mane and a long snout. White lines crisscross its body matching its glowing white eyes, seemingly locked in a perpetual glare.

At last it seems to notice you following it, and with a loud ghastly whinny that seems to echo coldly in your bones it suddenly shifts directions and dives around a corner, out towards the street.

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:12 pm

Torch yells out as he runs, "RAGNAROK, VERANA, IT'S A WINDIGO! AFTER IT!" He attempts to run even faster.
Acro Roll:
I rolled: 18 + 11 = 29
HELL YES!
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:05 am

Dr Blight wrote:
"Welco-oh. It's just you."

Says a mare you don't recognize, starting in an extremely cheerful tone before quickly taking on a less welcoming and mildly stressed sounding one. While you don't recognize her current face, Dr. D and Gregg recognize the voice and mannerisms as those of Ditto, the changeling mare behind the counter when he left.
Jeeze… was the Doctor’s first thought to Ditto’s words as his eyes narrowed in undisguised annoyance, You sure know how to make a pony feel welcome... Turning his thoughts to GREGG he’d added, You know old buddy? … You’d think by her tone… well, you'd think I was one of the thugs that shook the place down this morning… I mean, come on! I’m a super-villain. I have standards. I don’t go threatening small businesses and stealing their livelihoods – I’m above that!

You also helped save her boss the other day too Dr. Death Ray. Don’t forget that sir!

Exactly!

Dr Blight wrote: "You're here to see the landlady right?"

She asks before blinking and going quiet for a moment, as if noticing Aoi and Lobber for the first time and immediately switches back to the cheerful tone. Sidling up next to Dr. D and poking him teasingly in the side with a hoof.

"Or are you bringing your mare friend for a romantic lunch perhaps? We can set up a table for you two and one for your... bodyguard?"
Death Ray had been opening his mouth to reply to the landlady question when Ditto changed her tune – quite suddenly, he noted duly – and went into the sales pitch for him and… and… PRINCESS?!?!

Death Ray had raised a hoof, moved his mouth to speak – but the words just wouldn’t come.

Ramsus wrote:"What!? I, what? No. NO! I mean... just... look. I'm..." Aoi responds with shock and she raises a flaw around head level indicating her height (but meaning her age), "And he's..." she points at him and gesticulates indicating his size (again meaning his age) "And even if that weren't the case just... still eww and still no!"
“Woah! Woah!” Death Ray shook his head, planting his flank on the ground and waving his forelegs back and forth for the universal sign of – hold it right there! “Time out!”

“Off-sides! Defense! Five-yard penalty!”

The Doctor stared up at GREGG in silence for a long moment - then turned back to Ditto, “First off-”

“First down!”

Death Ray paused… GREGG? Remind me to look at your circuitry tonight. I think you might be picking up radio transmissions from international hoofball matches again…

“GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!”

Clearing his throat, Death Ray raised a hoof towards Ditto, “First off… First off – she,” he nodded to Aoi, “is most definitely not my marefriend…”

Death Ray paused again before adding bluntly, “I don’t even think of her as my friend friend… or associate, for that matter... She's more like…” The Doctor turned to Aoi, tapping one hoof to his chin for a moment, deep in thought - before turning back to Ditto, “More like… that annoying neighbor kid… You know the one? The brat who's parents give her all the toys in the world but… but she still wants to bother you for some reason? –Until you strap her to a rocket and blast her off to the moon, that is… or... Ooh! -Open a portal to a pocket dimension and shove her inside… Hmmm…" Death Ray grinned, "Now that’s an idea…

"-But I digress.”

Then Death Ray spun on Aoi, “-And… and just what do you mean – ‘Eww’?!

Last edited by XandZero2 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:11 am

Aoi gave Death Ray an annoyed look at the "not even an associate" comment and the following and when he finished speaking she just rolled her eyes all the way around to a significantly impressive degree. She let that sink in for a moment before saying, "Should we not attend to the reason we came in for in the first place?"
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:18 am

I think she thinks she's too good for me GREGG...

And this... bothers you sir?

Like she's so great... Pfft... Little brat with ego issues... I've... I've got a Ph.D. in horribleness, I'll have her know!

Death Ray rolled his own eyes to show the dragonel that, yes, he could do it too - then he turned his attention back to Ditto, saying dryly, "I... I think we're ready to see the landlady now..."

-And then remembering something, the Doctor then added, "Aaaaaaaaaaand... There wouldn't happen to be a... a birthday party - going on upstairs... would there?"
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:42 pm

SubjectZ wrote:Torch yells out as he runs, "RAGNAROK, VERANA, IT'S A WINDIGO! AFTER IT!" He attempts to run even faster.
"I can tell that." Ragnarok calls back while trying to pick up some more speed. At the same time she begins to remember any ways to fight Windigoes and tries to clear her mind of any negative emotions.

Roll:
Acrobatics Roll(1d20)+11:
16,+11
Total:27

history Windigo weakness/counter measures Roll(1d20)+14:
17,+14
Total:31

History meditation techniques  Roll(1d20)+14:
7,+14
Total:21
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:48 am

Ditto seems a bit confused by the reaction. "...because you're short...? I dunno, I hear the stallions find that cute but..." She simply shrugs. Glancing over towards the monks at the table she chuckles to herself slightly before turning her attention to Dr. D and GREGG as they verbally flail about. "...I think your.........flying golfball....is broken, or insane." She says quietly, obviously not quite sure what to make of GREGG after that. She shakes her head vigorously to snap herself back to attention and blinks a few times in thought. "Sure, she's upstairs with the others, just head on up. Birthday?" She stops for a moment bringing a hoof to her chin in thought as she mumbles something under her breathe, seemingly going through a very long mental list of birthdays from bits you pick up. " ...no, don't think so. Closest was Dream's a few days ago, and the next is Mockery's in a month." She says with a slight shrug before turning towards the stairway. "No, what's going on up there is something different. Some... things ...happened and the hive issued a recall order. There's just some faces up there we haven't seen in a while, a lot of them did ...noteworthy things so we're celebrating for them." She says simply, pretty obviously stopping herself in places as she speaks.

DM stuff:
So, it is NOT in fact Dream's birthday. it's up to you guys whether you still want to give her the Temporal Rose or keep it for yourselves.

Breathe in, breathe out. Focus your mind and steel your will. Ragnarok feels her senses sharpening as a moment of clarity pushes her emotions down. You're not 100% certain how well this will protect you from the windigo's powers, having never gone up against one before, but you feel confident.

As Ragnarok works on calming her mind, Torch puts on a burst of speed. Quickly running past the archeologist and towards the same corner the Windigo turned. Rounding the bend, he quickly spots the windigo.

It floats in place, the large fortress that dominates the town's skyline only a short walk down a path behind it, facing the alleyway that it just left and that you currently find yourself in as it seems to be standing its ground. Any questions as to why are immediately answered when you look down below it. Standing just below it, not seeming to notice the ghostly creature at all, are four guards at post speaking to each other. It's obvious, even from your distance that whatever they're discussing is becoming more heated. Some occasionally shake or clutch their heads as their eyes flash and magic that can only be described as 'cold' coils around them.

"Can you believe it!" "Canterlot!" "I know!" "They even had the nerve to foalnap a princess!""Those disgusting things!" "I can't believe they're just being allowed to live here in the city" "That atrocious Queen of their even attacked Princess Celestia for Luna's sake!" "What's the Captain thinking?!" "We can't let those monsters go unpunished!!"

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:18 am

Aoi cocks her head to the side in confusion and pauses before she replies, having been puzzled by several different things at once. She thinks to herself, "Did she just not respond to my noting this was a hive because they aren't trying to hide it here? She did mention it herself. That's pretty unusual.... I think."

While she thinks that, she says, "Huh? No, I meant that he's a bit too old for me."

Then she looks at Death Ray, looking at him quizzically, and asks loud enough for Ditto to overhear, "So then, if not a birthday party and not an announcement of my arrival, what was it we heard before?"
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Torch stops cold as he sees the windigo's effects. He then registers what they're saying, a chill running through him. Wait... they're... they're right. They're just gonna get away with this? No. Not this time. This time, somepony pays. He walks over to the soldiers and says, "You guys wanna get back at the changelings too, huh?"
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Like Aoi, Death Ray also found it kind of strange that Ditto would just come right out and admit she was connected to a 'hive' of any kind - but before he could mention that - something else occurred to him...

Sooooo - wait… you… you mean to tell me… his lower lip started to quiver as he stared at Ditto in horrified shock, thinking to himself …we... we went through ALL that trouble making a… a.. a floating… crystal… ice rose… prism... thingy... for... FOR NOTHING?! It wasn’t ANYPONY’S BIRTHDAY?!

As Death Ray’s mouth dropped open, his eyes went wide, and his pupils shrunk in utter disbelief - Aoi asked…

Ramsus wrote:"So then, if not a birthday party and not an announcement of my arrival, what was it we heard before?"
Flashing his robotic red eye, GREGG zipped up beside the dragonnel, “Ooh! Ooh! I can answer that one Ms. Aoihime, mam! Ms. Ditto already said…”

-There was a pause as GREGG made a sound like an old tape recorder rewinding… then there was a click… then another click… followed by the sound of Ditto’s voice playing over the little golden robot’s external speakers -

Dr Blight wrote:" Some... things ...happened and the hive issued a recall order. There's just some faces up there we haven't seen in a while, a lot of them did ...noteworthy things so we're celebrating for them."
-GREGG cut the feed, rewound it, and played it back again - cutting everything except 13 words this time…

Dr Blight wrote:" Some faces… we haven't seen in a while… so we're celebrating for them."
Meanwhile, Death Ray muttered weakly, “But… But…”

-And then he grabbed Aoi and Lobber and pulled them both down into a team huddle, “Whatarewegonnado? Whatarewegonnado? Whatarewegonnado? –Should… should we proceed with Operation Ice Rose as planned… or... or should we abort? Wouldn’t it look a little weird to just be giving a timey-wimey… ice... rose… thing… out of the blue when there isn’t even a birthday to justify it? But then... we went through all that trouble – too much trouble perhaps? After all, we went waaaaaaaaaaay overboard on the thing…”

Death Ray froze.

“Wait… Overboard?” The Doctor beat a hoof to his chest – and winced, “Ow… but… but… ME?! OVERBOARD?! -WHAT AM I SAYING?!" -He yelled, loud enough for everypony in the cafe to hear - before he paused, looked up at the room, grinned, and ducked back down again - lowering his voice as he added, "When did I ever start worrying about going overboard?”

Plopping his rump on the grond and putting his hooves to his head, Dr. D shook it slowly as he added, “-Must be the pressure talking…”
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Aoi moves a bit closer to Death Ray and says quietly to him, "Well, my goal here was not just to give a child a present. It would suit my intentions just as well to present the gift to the hive. Probably better in fact. If that is acceptable to you?"
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:40 am

Raising an eyebrow at Aoi's latest conspiratorial statements, the Doctor scratched his head with one hoof. "Um... what... uh... what intentions would you be suiting exactly...?"

And do these suits come with capes?

-That thought Death Ray kept to himself.
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:56 am

"Primarily, just to establish a beneficial relationship with this hive. Secondly, to see if they could be persuaded to aid us against the Royal Knights of the Ruby and the Windigo King."
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:56 am

"Ah. That... uh... makes pretty good sense I suppose... Yeah," the Doctor admitted. "After all, I was planning to suit my intentions... similarly..."

Minus the Royal Loons and Windigo Kingpin - plus the city guard, Celestia, and her followers in general...

Good scheme Dr. Death Ray sir!

-I know, right?! Came up with it just this morning!

"-Though," Death Ray turned his attention back to Aoi, "My original plan had... um... more to do with taking care of some... well... local thugs... that have been bothering this particular group of changelings. -That way I could establish my dominance in this region as a supervillain amongst the criminal underworld and... uh..." he paused, thinking quickly - "...and... make... lots... of new friends?"

The Doctor gave Aoi an angelic smile, blinking innocently while GREGG rotated above his head.
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:53 pm

That's what a hero would do though!!!!! Aoi mentally screams at him while she says, "Well, that would certainly be a good bargaining chip for us and I have no love of those of thuggish nature."
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Dr Blight wrote:
It floats in place, the large fortress that dominates the town's skyline only a short walk down a path behind it, facing the alleyway that it just left and that you currently find yourself in as it seems to be standing its ground. Any questions as to why are immediately answered when you look down below it. Standing just below it, not seeming to notice the ghostly creature at all, are four guards at post speaking to each other. It's obvious, even from your distance that whatever they're discussing is becoming more heated. Some occasionally shake or clutch their heads as their eyes flash and magic that can only be described as 'cold' coils around them.

"Can you believe it!" "Canterlot!" "I know!" "They even had the nerve to foalnap a princess!""Those disgusting things!" "I can't believe they're just being allowed to live here in the city" "That atrocious Queen of their even attacked Princess Celestia for Luna's sake!" "What's the Captain thinking?!" "We can't let those monsters go unpunished!!"
"This can still be contained just need to have Torch..."

SubjectZ wrote:Torch stops cold as he sees the windigo's effects. He then registers what they're saying, a chill running through him. Wait... they're... they're right. They're just gonna get away with this? No. Not this time. This time, somepony pays. He walks over to the soldiers and says, "You guys wanna get back at the changelings too, huh?"
"Why did I not see that coming. He doesn't even know how to control his emotions it is a given that he will be affected. Best course of action now would require a charm to drive it away the necklace would work best, should also do something to dispel or at least redirect their hatred... lies would work the best..." Ragnarok takes out the necklace and directly addresses it in a urgent whisper "Verana now would be a good time to say if you are able to do anything to drive off a Windigo. Anything at all that would be helpful would work or else I may have to do something that may harm you just as much." Barely even waiting for an answer Ragnarok begins to almost defiantly walk toward the guards subtly trying to get their attention.
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:50 am

Ramsus wrote:That's what a hero would do though!!!!! Aoi mentally screams at him while she says, "Well, that would certainly be a good bargaining chip for us and I have no love of those of thuggish nature."
Death Ray clops his hooves together, "Good! We're... uh... agreed on the thugs then?"

He glances at Lobber - who's remained conspicuously quiet up to now – then shrugs when he gets little response, turning back to Aoi again instead.

“I’m… I’m not… well… 100% sure I like the idea of giving the… the timey-wimey... rose... thing... to just… just any old changeling though. I… um…” running a hoof through his mane, Death Ray avoided eye contact as he added, “Kind of… kind of made it for the… well… you know… the kid… I'd feel kind of... awkward? ...giving it to somepony else.”
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:47 am

"Hmmm. We could present it as a gift to the hive as a whole and suggest that the child should hold onto it?"
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Death Ray paused in contemplation...

"That's... hmmm... that's kind of..." and with a sudden grin crossing his face, the Doctor nodded, "Yeah. That's... kind of what I was leaning towards too actually. Sure. Let's try that."

Death Ray offered Aoi his hoof, "Agreed?"
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top