Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing in the Sandbox

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Playing in the Sandbox - Page 2 Empty Re: Playing in the Sandbox

Post  Dr Blight Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:09 am

Maihime hands the wand over to Skaimos. "That plan seems perfectly acceptable to me Skaimos-san."

"Fine by me, I wanna get a good look at this magic door thing in action myself." The dragonborn responds from her place a little off to the side. "if you're gonna hook my poor baby up to that cart though just be careful not to overwork him. He's sensitive." She says with a bark of laughter.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:13 pm

"Yeah, this house of ours sounds like it would be fun to see." Cyrta says, alighting atop the wagon.

Colter Bolt

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:23 pm

"Empty houses... Well, it has been a long time since I've experienced the comfort of having a place to stay." Masaru thought aloud. "Sounds like a good plan, I guess."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:14 pm

The group examined the map and went to the closest Empty House location. When they arrived, they found themselves going down an alleyway and behind a theater. Looking around, they spotted a several yard long stretch of the back wall of the theater to look oddly hollow, as if they removed a panel of the back wall they would find themselves looking at an empty space. After unfolding the Roving Door and placing it against the wall, it seemed to just sink in. It opened easily and they stepped inside to see a very nice, if bare, traditional Chiheisen style home in front of them.

They were standing in a small area that seemed like a rock garden. In front of them were screen doors, to the sides nice wudden paneled outer walls. Stepping inside the house itself, they found themselves in a large empty room that was well lit by light coming in through the entrance screens as well as various other smaller ones. In the back was a kitchen with a stone oven and stove as well as a fairly large larder and various cabinets, though these only contained a few pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and cups. Not even enough for the entire group to dine at once. To the left and right of the main room were hallways.

The left hallway lead in one direction to what appeared to be a large storage room, though at present it only contained cobwebs and dust. In the other direct there was a large dark room with stone floors, walls, and ceiling with counters all along the edges. On the counters were some bottles, bowls, flasks, and a few other assorted items and there were cabinets in the counters. Along the wall there were indentations where small objects could be placed and on the ceiling there were hooks where things could be hung from. On the floor there was a large circle that was clearly a separate piece from the floor itself, that had the basics of a standard ritual circle carved into it.

The right hallway lead to three moderately sized bedrooms (one of which contained a bedroll), a bathing room that apparently had its own well for water and a tub, and a stairwell that lead down to a large cellar. In the cellar was an astounding collection of alcohol and an even larger larder than was in the kitchen.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:31 pm

Masaru looked around, stunned. "I don't know what you did to earn this, but it looks like it was important!" He said, before examining the ritual circle in the ritual room. "This could be useful if we needed to call a particularly picky spirit, some of those seem to insist on having a ritual..." He remarked, examining the circle in more detail.

Roll:
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 pm

On closer examination.... yup, the ritual circle is just the basic setup for the average ritual circle. As is, it wouldn't do anything of course, but this already being there means you can cut down on time that would normally be spent drawing up entirely new circles that work with this basic design every time as you can just wash away chalk or whatever is used. And indeed it does seem like the space between the stone circle and the floor itself would allow water (or other substances) to drain away.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:12 pm

"Oh, it was nothing really." Cyrta says in response to Masaru.

Colter Bolt

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:21 am

"Not nothing, actually." Masaru remarked. "It would be very easy to modify this circle into different ones, and it saves on a lot of time needed to get the resources. So it's actually pretty useful!" He said with a bit of glee, before calming down a bit. "It's... something I know a bit about."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2