Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makara IC

4 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Makara IC  - Page 15 Empty Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:19 pm

Steam hacks from the ground a couple of times, but the chuckle running through it implies she’s at least alright. “Oof. Probably should have expected that one.”
She makes no immediate moves to get up from the floor.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:23 pm

Adelinde moves to recollect the keys, bringing them back to the table. Taking a seat she sets the Isa down closer to the center of the table and the Nota down closer to their group. "We'll choose this one then."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Nendriia frowns a bit at your choice, she was clearly hoping to keep her city's original relic. But she says, "Very well. As promised I will ensure my city does not view the relocation of Lo'Toth as a hostile action. I wish you all well on the surface."

With your business in the Grand Temple of Lolth concluded you leave with the Nota in hand and the Isa left behind. As you travel back to Lo'Toth, Zarethria asks if you have further business in the city or if you wish to return to where you all first met.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 pm

Ketha mentions needing to do some shopping so you go back into the city to do that. While that occurs Zarethria sends two of her guards off to send messages to the Council and the Maeduis Family. Ketha gets 750 gp for her armor and then goes to buy a spellbook and some spells inscribed in it.

When that's all taken care of you meet back at the spot between the two cities you first entered from. Zarethria and her guards are there as well as Solenniss and Belraen Maeduis. The later two exchange the agreed upon magical items for the rod (unless there are any objections). Zarethria informs the group that she and her guards will be coming with you to the surface.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:03 pm

With no objections from the party, you all travel back up to the surface. Given how many of you there are (and one is a big spider), Solenniss and Belraen take turns using the rod to send people up. The first group is Ketha, Parveth, Zarethria, and one of her guards. The second group is Steam and the other three guards. The last is Adelinde and Nyx.
Once you're all back in control room for the earth elemental control device, Adelinde has it make a batch of potions to return your vision to normal. The old ones you have on you cease to work. ((So if you had any spares of those, remove them from your sheets.))

You all then travel back to the headquarters for the Boar's Men. The soldiers you pass by on the way seem a bit surprised to see you. As you're almost out of earshot of one you hear them make a comment to another about a bet.

You re-enter the ex-temple turned headquarters. The Boar does not seem to be present and Char isn't in the main room, probably in her study or the basement. But Zanthaelis is there talking to some half-orcs. He cuts off whatever he was saying to them as he sees you and the drow enter. "Zarethria! It was hoping they've find you!" and he immediately comes over to give her a hug.
"Uncle! It's been far too long!" she replies.

"So then, how did...?" Zanthaelis asks.
"As we hoped so long ago, more or less." Zarethria replies.
"Wonderful!" Zanthaelis exclaims.

After that exchange he turns to look at the party and says, "Well, I was worried something had gone wrong with you being gone so long. But it seems you've lived up to my hopes. My niece and I, and the Boar and Char of course, will need to discuss matters. You've done myself and my people a great favor though and I will see to it that your fortunes improve. For now, please leave your equipment here and take a rest."

He then motions to one of the half-orcs and tells them, "Take them to rest in a proper building with intact walls and ceiling. They've earned at least that much."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Adelinde looks visibly stunned at their reaction, not really having expected this at any point but after a moment shakes it off and removes her gear. "Thank you, I guess you two will have a lot to talk about so we'll leave you to it." *She looks back at Nyx for a moment before turning to the drow. "Should I remove her barding as well or...?"
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Zanthaelis shrugs at this and says, "We've let you keep your armor so far. And far be it from me to separate a girl from her spider." At this he gives a chuckle.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:54 pm

Adelinde chuckles a little and gives him a smile. "Thank you, in that case we'll take our leave. Good evening." She gives a respectful nod and turns back towards Nyx and the group to follow the half-orcs. Riding on Nyx herself along the way if no one stops her from doing so.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:23 am

Parveth was not excited about leaving Steam alone with several guards, but she’s a big girl and had survived on her own previously.

The giggles and idle chatter of Steam ring up the hole well before the elevator reaches its destination. It seems she’s spent a decent portion of the ride playfully flirting with the guards, as one seems to be playing along, one very clearly isn’t interested or interacting, and the third looks vaguely terrified. She gives them a wink before bounding back to the party and deeply hugging the party members in turn.
”My girls! So nice to be back with you! Those guards are some nice people! Not a great sense of humor on some of them, but that’s just my burden to bear, too funny for this world.” She beams a great smile at the group and engages them in idle chat about how their elevator ride had gone and such.

((Persuasions: 13, 16, 17))
((Intimidations: 7, 14, crit 25))

Steam approaches the reunited drow, bouncing. “Whoa! You two are family? Did you also come up from Lo’Toth then, Zanthy? Not like, right now, obviously, but before!”

Parveth gives Zanthaelis a disappointed sort of look, but doesn’t try to catch his eye or approach him to speak.
She just dumps her equipment at the indicated area, including the chess quiver, and moves to go to the indicated rest area like the edgy loner she is.

Last edited by quietkal on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:30 am

Just a note, for completing the quest you each gain 3,150 xp. Which should bring you to level 5.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:18 pm

"Please don't call me that." Zanthaelis replies to Steam. "Yes, she is my niece and I have been up here on my own away from my people for a very long time now."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Steam interacts with the two drow for just a few more sentences as she continues to be extremely casual with Zanthaelis, before asking if they know of Char’s whereabouts before bidding farewell and wandering off in that direction, dropping her bags of equipment in the pile as she goes by it but attempting to keep the hollow heart necklace, an obviously cursed mask, a figurine of a chair, and a nice pair of pajamas with her.

I don’t know where Char is, but I feel like her office/laboratory is a safe bet. Steam knocks on that door, remembering the lock and arcane warding, and chirps a greeting, assuming the magic ward isn’t soundproofing.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:51 pm

Zanthaelis doesn't exactly answer her but also doesn't stop Steam from knocking on the door. A few moments after the knock Char opens the door and sees Steam. "Ah! You're not dead after-all! What a nice surprise!"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:02 pm

Steam beams at the greyed mage. “Isn’t it?! You’d think someday karma would catch up with me, but I’m just on upswing after upswing after extremely bad time after upswing. Do you have a moment to chat or are you in the middle of something?”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:06 pm

"Mmmmmm." Char responds thinking about it for just a moment. "I can't let you come in right now and there are a bunch of drow being noisy out here. Do you fancy a walk?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:08 pm

Steam nods. “That’d be nice!”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:10 pm

Char takes one of Steam's arm and hooks it around hers and they walk arm and arm out the door. Zanthaelis' eye rolling is practically audible.

"Soooooooooooooooooooooo?" Char asks, curious what Steam wants to talk about.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:26 am

Ketha will remember this

Steam giggles as they loop arms and snuggles up to Char as they walk.
“Okay, so. What do you want first? The runback on our adventure, shifts in my magic and religious associations, your extremely cursed gift, or...I don’t think I want relationship advice, but just like, I wanna talk out my feelings because I have a bunch of them.”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:47 am

"You got me a present? But it's not even my birthday!" Char replies.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:04 am

“Well, sometimes you see something and you’re just like,” her face moves to a sort of revulsion, “ ‘Oh. Oh that’s a real problem. No one should have that.’” Steam returns to smiling, though a thought seems to pass her. “You know, putting it like that I’m not sure why I thought this was a good idea. Here ya go though!”
She holds out the gnarled wooden mask, embedded with a single obsidian lens. If this was a manga, anxiety lines would be emitting from it.
“It seemed like something you’d enjoy poking at with magic, or maybe just burn it and enjoy the fireworks? Or wear it I guess, I’unno. It’s yours to do whatever you want with.”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:17 am

Char immediately puts it on her face. Like the second it touches her fingers, before Steam can even properly let go of it. There's a faint crackling sound and some wisps of grey-green smoke that curl away from underneath it like there was some kind of contest of magics that should have taken longer than a second.

"Thank you. I love it!" Char says and spins around clasps Steams hands in hers. Steam thinks the whirl around the eye spins as she looks straight into it but then she blinks and it isn't. Though maybe it's not in the same position as it was before? She's not sure.

"Now, other things! You mentioned maaaaaaaaaaaagic?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:35 am

Steam nods approvingly. “Styling, styling. Does cover your cute face though. And yes! Magic! I’m not sure if it’s part of the Kelfas connection, but I think my darksight from the Underdark has extended past the antidote potion. I’m not like, sensitive to the light though, but also I can see into dark corners real easy? I guess that could be a sign of Lolth’s favor. Oh, also Lolth’s on my list of patrons now.” She thinks for a moment. “Hmmm, patron’s not quite right, nothing got sealed in blood...another being for me to supplicate to? Deity I guess?”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:39 am

"Oh!" Char says in reply to the 'cute face' comment and lifts up the mask. As she does there's another crackling and more grey-green smoke.

"Lolth huh? I guess I'll be getting used to hearing about her a lot huh? Well I'm sure you could seal it in blood if you want. I could maybe help!" Char replies, clearly mainly excited about 'sealing in blood' more than any other part.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:23 pm

“I’m sure you could! I think I’ll pass for the moment, though if I ever want something sealed in blood you’ll be the first person I call.” Steam swings their clasped hands back and forth a little.
”Hey, can I ask you a question?”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:35 am

"Of course! Though I might not answer! Hahaha!" Char replies, ramping up the arm swinging.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next