Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makara IC

4 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Makara IC  - Page 2 Empty Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:22 pm

Ketha watches the proceedings in silence. Thoughts of home on the surface to answer the Drow's questions spawned realisations and feelings of discomfort. She was out of her depth here. She was trained as an adventurer, turned blacksmith, turned adventurer, not a diplomat nor negotiator. She felt more comfortable bathing with royalty (providing royalty was an ant-woman in a cave) than here. The fine funishings and decorations were a long way from what she has lived with or have ever experienced, and the expected tableside manner is a lot different from that of a family or tavern. When you prefer actions to words, what is there to say here? She takes her glass of wine and drinks it whole, and proceeds to pour another...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Zarethria notices Ketha's discomfort and that she seems to be avoiding the question and gives her an expectant look that says "Yes, I want to hear from you too".
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:33 pm

Parveth retrieves the requisite potions from her bags as does Steam, though the water genasi is somewhat preoccupied keeping an eye on Ketha. She takes a moment to gently put a hand on Ketha's arm, and attempts to give the dragonborn a reassuring grin.

The wood elf speaks up again, believing herself to have the most knowledge of the topic amongst their group. She notices Ketha shotgun a wine glass, but doesn't speak on it. "Generally?" She pauses for a beat as she considers polite wording. "Very unfavorably. That being said, our interaction thus far has been surprisingly pleasant and enjoyable, and is causing me to question how much of our lore about the Underdark is true."

Knowledge!:
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:24 am

Since they don't seem to have been satisfied with "very unfavorably," Parveth proceeds to, as objectively as she can, describe how the Underdark is largely thought of with fear and disgust, how it is supposedly filled with monsters that prey on those who think there might be anything of value hidden in the dark. She continues onto the drow and what she was taught of them, how they had shared the surface with the other elves before turning to follow the, and she makes air quotes here, "Demon Queen of Spiders" Lolth down a path of evil and corruption, whereupon they were banished into the Underdark for all time.

She pauses for a brief moment at the end of each sentence to provide a chance if the drow are looking to get a word in edgewise about all of this, and is intently watching them for how they're taking all of this.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:29 am

Zarethria is just listening and watching intently and nodding along as if she expected to hear exactly this, but in an impassive way.

The scholars are also nodding along, but also sharing looks, and rolling their eyes. The older one looks somewhat amused, while the younger one looks both a bit amused and offended, though nothing indicates his offense is at the people in this room specifically.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:41 am

There's a long beat where the two groups sort of stare at each other expectantly, before Steam sort of pipes up, "Do you...do you want each of us to tell you what we know about each of those things? Because...I know basically what Parveth just told you. Except I didn't know about the whole...banishment and stuff. Or the spiders."

Provided Ketha allows it, Steam continues to keep her potentially reassuring hand on the dragonborn's arm.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:46 am

All of them, even Zarethria, raise eyebrows at Steam's apparent lack of knowledge about the spiders.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:55 am

Steam, a little embarrassed and flustered, continues. "I mean, I know what spiders are, but like, I ran across Lolth in a text once maybe and got the gist that she's just a real downer and I skipped on." She briefly runs a nervous hand through her hair, rippling it into its nonsensical wave motion.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 am

The eyebrows go down, but now the expressions are pretty blank and dumbfounded.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:29 am

"I originally come from an island, a fairly large one granted but still a somewhat isolated community, so I can't really speak say much about how my case relates to the outside world. That being said back home, aside from myself and other particularly well read and scholarly individuals I honestly don't think anyone else likely even knew about the existence of your people in general."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Ketha glances Steam's hand. She doesn't remove it, but it doesn't stop her from taking another drink...

"People know Lolth is a goddess of the fae, domain of lies, shadows, and spiders. They pray in such matters, but I have seen neither shrine nor priest."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:38 pm

"Priestess. Lolth only has priestesses, no priests. Keep that in mind so you don't wind up accidentally upsetting any." Zarethria corrects.

At this point the younger scholar comes back with the money and slides four heavy coin purses full of 75 platinum coins and two coin purses filled with 75 gold coins halfway across the table to the group and waits expectantly for the promises five sets of potions.

Zarethria seems to think for a moment then says, "Well I think that's all the questions I have for now. I shall meet with the other Councilors shortly. But before I go, I have a gift for you." At this point she signals one of her guards and they nod and leave the room for a moment. You can hear them say something to someone else outside of the room, but you can't make out what. Then the guard returns to the room.

There is a bit of a wait where you presumably exchange coins for potions. By the time you're done shuffling things around in and out of packs, a servant comes in carrying something in a rectangular bronze box and places it on the table before Zarethria. Zarethria produces a key and unlocks the box and opens it up, revealing an incredibly fancy looking quiver. As she takes it out of the box, it appears to have three separate compartments. She gets up and carries it over to Parveth and hands it to her saying, "In thanks for you and your companions' assistance and in good will, cousin." She then goes and sits back down and says, "I hope you shall find it useful. It is a magical item that weighs the same no matter how much you store in it and can store quite a bit more than it looks like it can. In addition, if you fold out the compartments and lay it flat you will find that it becomes an enchanted board game. I'm afraid I cannot tell you the rules to the game as apparently it's magic requires any players to have been to Kelfas and none here ever have aside from yourselves. I do know that the name of the game translated into Common is Elf Chess. Perhaps you will play a game or so while I am off attending the council. I'm afraid you will have to entertain yourselves for a matter of time as I will have to get permission for you to walk through the city without my accompanying you." And with that, she goes to leave and two of her guards go with her.

Assuming nobody stops her, she does and then the scholars ask a variety of small detail questions I'm not going to waste our time going into. It takes about fifteen minutes before they're done and excuse themselves. At which point you are left alone in the room. Aside from two guards and a servant who stands waiting in case you wish for anything.

((Whoever is handling the money/stuff for the group, don't forget to add the money and remove the potions. If you're carrying the potions individually on your sheets, make sure the have the appropriate people remove them. So like... try and coordinate that I guess, don't just assume it's occurred and leave a mess of "why do I have these potions" for sometime later when everyone has forgotten this particular exchange.))

Parveth:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Steam & Parveth
Steam gives Ketha a friendly smile when the dragonborn eyes her hand. She gently pats Ketha's arm before returning her hand to herself and taking a small sip from her cup of water.

As Zarethria finishes explaining the quiver, the wood elf raises the gift slightly and inclines her head in gratitude. "You are too kind, Lesser Councilor."
She sets the quiver aside for later inspection rather than immediately futz with it.

After the lesser councilor has left and the group is alone with the scholars, Parveth finds an appropriate moment to posit, "If I could ask something of you, how is it you speak...this language? Have you had other contact with the surface in recent centuries?"

((Potion situation should be: Parveth, Ketha, and Adelinde each have an antidote; Steam has a darksight potion and an antidote.))
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:28 pm

"No, though we once did upon a time and those of with significant education or having professions involving a lot of trade know it in case we might come across those from the surface or those who don't fall into the norms for the Underdark and might speak it. Also many of the slaves in Malnibonae do. And thus so do their masters so their slaves cannot speak in secret. And thus so must we so that those of Malnibonae may not in turn speak in secret in our presence." the elder scholar explains.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:50 pm

"Ah, would it be possible for me to meet with some of your bards in order to exchange songs and stories? This seems like a pretty unique opportunity to trade information between cultures who haven't had much if any influence on each other in centuries!" She had to struggle to keep her excitement from showing past an eager but polite smile. It wouldn't do to be seen practically vibrating with excitement in polite company. Who knows what the Drow might have come upon in the centuries that no one on the surface had seen them! A new instrument? Or perhaps a whole new composition theory! Something that might help her stand out more as a bard in the future!! Or even just a few new songs she might find nice! Her tail flicked happily under the table at the thought of it before she brought it under control, hopefully it had been hidden from sight as it would be somewhat embarrassing otherwise.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:55 pm

The elder scholar smiles and looks to the younger one with a "this job's yours" look. He in turn nods and says, "I'll make some arrangements then. It might take a while." and then they leave the room. Leaving the group alone with just the guards and the servant.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:33 am

Parveth notices. The wood elf makes a more thorough examination of the quiver, meticulously unfolding it and searching its compartments for potential pieces. She futzes with it a bit after having discerned all of its pieces, trying to figure out if it resembles a game she might know.
At a point she pauses to look at a guard and mention, "Steam is a wizard of sorts, would you mind if she identified the magics on this item?"

Provided the guards aren't opposed, Steam does so, attempting to cast it as a ritual.
She cuts a grin to Parveth as she incants over the quiver, breaking form for just a moment to posit, "So, ever play Elf Chess, P?"

Parveth continues mulling potential ways to play this ancient game. In as even tone as she can manage she retorts, "No. It is a direct reference to the cursed city, and it would be...incredibly disrespectful to simulate a contest within such a place after the loss of so much. Do not use 'P' as a nickname for me."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:50 pm

As the board is folded out, it appears to almost be a basic map of Kelfas as it must have been at some point in its glory days. You can clearly make out the four towers around the edges and the large tower in the center. It certainly has elven stylings (Parveth would guess more high elven than wood elven, at least as that goes for her lifetime's experiences) and is beautifully made.
When Parveth touches the board she sees words, in Elvish, appear that explain that this is Elf Chess and that the game has a few different ways in which it can be played.

The most simple form is meant to be a children's game. It explains the few simple rules and how that game is played, which largely involves moving your pieces in a simple circle around the wall encircling Kelfas. It can be played with 2-4 players. The players agree on game length in terms of number of pieces per player (1-4) and on each turn they roll a six sided die to move their active piece that many spaces clockwise around the circle. Each player is assigned one of the outer towers and their simple square pieces have a symbol representing that tower. Their pieces start at a space for that tower and they "score" by getting that piece all the way around back to their tower space. Then they put their next piece on the board at their tower space. If a player's piece lands on another piece, the piece it lands on goes all the way back to their tower space. A few variants on this rule can be chosen. Such as the landed on piece is sent back a number of spaces equal to a roll of the die or equal to a roll of the die multiplied by how many remaining unplayed pieces they have left or only the last piece from a player sends other pieces back a number of spaces equal to a roll of the die and all others send them back to the tower. There are occasional spaces on the path that have effects, all of them are a choice between one of two effects like "move your piece forward 2 spaces or move an opponent's piece back 2 spaces" or "move an opponents piece forward 4 spaces or move all opponents pieces forward 1 space".

Then there are the more "adult" forms of the game.
The first is something similar to chess (it's actually more similar to shogi but it doesn't use that term and you wouldn't recognize it if it did), but more complex. This itself comes in all manner of variations. There are different map sizes and shapes, some with obstacles or spaces with other special rules (like water spaces). The pieces themselves are tiles of various simple shapes with runic symbols on them representing what type of piece it is. These come in not only a variety of kinds, but also a variety of "sets". For example there is the Wood Elf set which has tiles like Dagger-man (can move in one space in any direction), Archer (can be moved one space up, down, left, and right only into an unoccupied space OR can "attack" a piece 1-3 spaces away in one of those four directions), Rangers (which can move two spaces in any direction OR can attack pieces 1-3 spaces away in any direction), and so on. There is a set for Wood Elves (includes some animals pieces), High Elves (includes pieces representative of Eladrin and Gnomes), Drow (largely a mix of various elven pieces and spiders), Dragons (involving dragons, drakes, dragonborn, kobolds, and other draconic creatures), and Monsters. A lot of the sets share pieces and it's even possible to make a customized set with a mode that involves building a set out of pieces and "buying" them with a pool of points with different pieces being worth different point values. This form of the game can be played in individual games or various length "campaigns" with all manner of rules for different types of campaigns. Unlike regular chess it is possible to play games with more than two players at a time, either with each player fielding their own army or with multiple players being on the same side and controlling equal shares of an army or with multiple players being on the same side and sharing control over a single army.

The second form is more like the children's game... in appearance. Each player controls a single tile and there are a various amounts of more pathways around the map and various maps that are more zoomed in or out sections of Kelfas. Depending on the opinions picked for the game mode there are a wide variety of effects of landing on tiles. The method of moving your piece is also different. You get a set of tiles representing a "hand" like in a game of cards. These tiles have numerical values on them and are played to move that number of spaces or for some other effect, typically played when landing on a specific type of space. There are spaces or tiles with variable effects and a six sided die will be rolled to determine which effect occurs. There is a special "Jail" area on the map and when player tiles wind up on the same space they roll a six sided die and the one with the lower number goes to Jail. How ties are resolved is another rule with variants, though by default tie has no effect and the tiles just share the space. The Jail area has some variant rules as well, but the default is that they must spend their turn to roll a die and roll equal to or higher than the result that placed them in Jail to leave. There can be other special areas as well. The game is won by scoring points, which are in some cases granted by regular spaces, but typically gained by getting to one of a number of special spaces which require expending certain resources gained during play. You can move your pieces only in a certain direction on most paths, though you can go down whichever fork you want unless it's one way only or such. Certain played tiles or other effects might cause effects that alter how you move your piece temporarily. One of the major variants of this form has unique abilities granted to different player tiles. The game ends after a predetermined time limit or after a player first reaches a predetermined point value.

The third form is the most complex and combines the first and second adult form. At first it's played almost identically to the second, but points are used at the end of the first game to buy tiles for the army game. Also spaces and effects are put in that grant certain tiles for the army game. When player tiles wind up on the same space instead of rolling against of each other to determine who goes to jail, they bid a number of army pieces against each other (based on a single die roll) and fight out a miniature battle until one side has lost all their army pieces bid or surrenders and loses a piece of their choosing before going to Jail. Army pieces lost in these battles are permanently lost. The first game ends after a predetermined time limit. Then the players build their army out of the pieces they've acquired and buying more with their points. At this point the game is played in the manner of the second game. The main variations for this game are largely whether or not players not involved in Jail Contest have an illusory fog blocking their vision of the map and which sets are being used.

Parveth also learns the game can communicate information in both Elvish and Draconic. The board mainly functions on illusions, but many are tactile illusions such as the tiles and dice. She learns that it can "store" three games at a time to allow for long campaigns and such being played over long periods of time.

Steam learns that it's a game that mainly uses illusions and communicates in Elvish or Draconic based on detected fluency and preference. It only operates for those who have been directly touched by the magic of Kelfas. She doesn't learn the intricacies of the game modes, but does learn it has multiple and it's magic is very complex. She also learns that on occasion it will dole out rewards. But she isn't able to determine how often, what causes it, or what kinds these rewards come in. She does know that it operates simply by touching it and apparently is "owned" by Parveth.

Last edited by Ramsus on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:59 pm

As the words begin appearing to her, Parveth sort of raises an eyebrow and begins mumbling the words to herself as she reads. As it begins delving into explanations of the different game modes, she scans the text looking for references to particular locations or people and only vaguely picking up what the different pieces and groups do mechanically. She offhandedly comments to the rest of the group as she taps through the text, "It is explaining the various ways to play, for you who cannot read Elvish."

Steam nods and is similarly intently looking into space, also touching the board and able to read the script. "Only spells seem to be for the function of the game, mostly illusions. There's also something about rewards, but eh. If I know anything about groups of people meeting, they always take a while, so we could probably actually do a round of this first one before they return."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:40 pm

And so the group plays the children's version of the game for about an hour. They play it with four pieces each and the standard rules. At the end of the game Adelinde hasn't gotten a single piece to her tower even once thanks to people repeatedly landing on her piece. Parveth's luck isn't much better as she rarely manages to roll above a 2 the entire game and is a single roll away from getting her second piece to her tower. Ketha is only on her third turn for her third piece as Steam's fourth piece reaches her tower.

After the game as the group discusses whether or not to play another round of the children's version, test out one of the adult game modes, or do something else entirely... the younger scholar return with a trio of drow who are most certainly the bards Adelinde requested.
The first is a woman dressed in a shiny black spidersilk dress and has with her a cello which does appear to be made from wood.
The second is a man wearing loose fitting clothes (shirt and pants) and scarf and carrying a rounded drum a bit bigger than a head that seems to be made of some kind of tanned skin, chitin, and bone.
The third is a woman in with black leather pants, a tan shirt, and a dark blue leather jacket. She is holding what looks like an ocarina made from a petrified spider cocoon.
The scholar makes basic introduces and then leaves. The cellist is the only one that speaks common, but the man speaks elvish, and the other woman speaks infernal. As such there winds up being a lot of someone translating things for other people.

The cellist is pretty high class and apparently well known. The man is known well enough but not quite the same level. The ocarinist is actually a traveler who spends much of her time with a group that explores the Underdark for treasure.

They each play a bit of music separately then together with Adelinde after teaching her a well known drow song. They compare knowledge of instruments with both sides learning of a few new things, but the majority being things both know of or at least know very similar things to. They also each give Adelinde a few sheets of music, penned on thinly cut tanned hides.

Then they each share a few tales of the Underdark. The cellists tales are about events that have happened since Lo'Toth was founded (a tragic romantic story and two war related tales). The drummer's tales are about events that happened as the drow traveled the Underdark in search of a home (a harrowing encounter with a Formorian (a mad giant of the Underdark), a tale of struggle when they were low on supplies and many starved or perished of thirst, and a comedic tale about an encounter with a none-too-bright drow ranger and a very confused Flumph (psychic and largely benevolent aberrations that live in the Underdark). The ocarinist's tales are of events they've encountered in the Underdark (rescuing a runaway child, the mysterious ruins of a single building with architecture she's never heard of before, and her group being chased for days by a territorial and hungry young Purple Worm).
The cellist leaves first, having a previous engagement to attend. The the drummer as they too have to play for their supper as it were. The ocarinist eventually leaves when the servant brings her a message from her group that they're heading and and she bits her farewells, giving Adelinde a quick kiss on the lips and darting out the door with a mischievous grin before Adelinde can react.

Not long after the last of the bards leave, Zarethria returns (along with her two other guards) and says, "Greetings again cousin and friends from the surface. It appears that after a brief break the Council will be resuming our discussions, but I wanted to stop by and let you know that I have obtained permission for you all to move around Lo'Toth at your discretion as long as you are accompanied. The Council also decided, in a spirit of friendship, to extend you a special allowance for you in the form of a writ that will notify any purveyors in the city that the Council will pay ten percent of the cost of any goods you decide to purchase or the full cost of any food you wish to try." She then hands the writ to one of the guards that had stayed in the room with you. "We will also cover the cost of any lodgings you decide upon. I'm sure you are all eager for a change of scenery and so my two guards that have been with you will continue to accompany you. They will guide you wherever you like and also let you know if you are not allowed somewhere, such as private residences."
After speaking she waits around for a few minutes in case you have any questions for her.

((I'll re-list the shops and such you'd seen before and I'll add some more things to that list, but I'm wondering if there are any things in particular you'd be looking for.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Steam & Parveth
Steam does not play an instrument, but happily engages with the bards alongside Adelinde, if they'll have her. She shares a tale that evokes imagery of her home beneath the waves. Its plot is a bit winding and tough to follow, however.

After introductions, if Ketha seems disinterested in interacting with the bards, Parveth offers to the dragonborn to play another round with one of the adult game modes, where strategy would play a larger role than luck.

Steam nods slightly after the drow steals a kiss from Adelinde, in a "yeah, you go girl" sort of fashion.

Before Zarethria leaves again, Parveth catches her. "Lesser Councilor, a moment if you would. I was curious if you had any suggestions on lodging locations? Or perhaps any interesting sites to see you personally might recommend. Perhaps a..." Parveth struggles for potential things, immediately thinking of several nature-based options along the lines of 'park,' but given the current scenery any amount of nature seems unlikely. After a noticeable silence, she settles on "...monument?"

Last edited by quietkal on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Adelinde can't help but smile, rather enjoying the chance to chat and share with others as passionate about music as her. Her tail flicks gently but constantly from side to side in joy throughout the entire conversation up till it's time for the other bards to leave. Thanking them each for their time and wishing them well as they each have to leave. When the ocarinist steals a kiss as she leaves Adelinde stops midword, stuttering through it like a skipping record and locking up with her tail mid swing and eyes wide as her face turns from it's usual coppery tint to something more like that of a tomato. After a few moments of not moving or even blinking she deflates slightly and retreats into her thoughts, lightly tapping a finger against her lips and occasionally mumbling quietly to herself, her expression somewhat puzzled and still retaining a fair bit of her former blush.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:49 am

Zarethria, in reply to Parveth, answers, "For lodgings I believe the House of Glass or the Silk Chalice are the finest. You might try the Cave Inn if you wish for something more down to earth and with an attached tavern room." She's clearly amused with herself about the later suggestion.
After a pause she continues, "As for places to see, the Gem Mine is probably the grandest sight. Our temple to Lolth is also of excellent craftmanship."

Looking around for various places in the main cavern the group notices the following establishments (and probably others as well):

Various tailor shops and Tanned goods shops (though thankfully the tanners themselves aren't anywhere nearby) of various levels of expense. The clothing styles are pretty similar, though it's not all black leather or black dresses or such. There's certainly color, though there certainly is marked tendency towards darker colors.
There are absolutely shops that specifically only deal in spider silk garments. These tend to be on the more expensive side. That said, a good variety of items in various shops seem like they might be made from some kind of spider silk or another.

A few small jewelry shops of varying quality. There's also a notable jewelers that has goods so fine that even those of the group that normally wouldn't have much interest can't deny the beauty of. At the farther end of the main cavern there is also a gem shop run by a Svirfneblin and a Halfling pair which seems to have a large variety of gems both cut and uncut, some of which can be seen from displays to be quite large.

There is a shop named, in Common surprisingly enough, simply "Gold's". It appears to perhaps be a pawnshop or miscellaneous goods store of some kind.

There are various metal goods stores. Goldsmiths and silversmiths of course, but also arms and armor and more conventional goods. You'll note that there are a few stores dedicated entirely to blades that seem to be the storefronts for specific master smiths. A duergar run metalworks shop also stands out as it seems to specialize in weapons relying on brute strength like war picks, axes, and maces rather than the clear typical drow preference for blades. You also of course find some archery related shops, but the guards with you mention that the finest bows can be found not in the main cavern, but at at cavern, that's outside the city, known as the Mushwoods where large fungi as hard as wood grow and a master craftsman has their shop.
There don't seem to be any shops dedicated specifically to metal armor, but it could be found in other shops or one could go to the cavern where the blacksmiths do their work and make a custom order. It seems to you that the drow tend to mostly use leather armor or perhaps spider silk armor so the demand for metal armor isn't as high.

You notice a few apothecaries and herbalist shops. One also seems to be a potions shop as well.

There are a small number of bookstores. One of which has magical scrolls and might have tomes as well. Another of which is also a cartography shop. There are also a few other shops dedicated to cartography specifically.

There are a few music stores, art supply stores, galleries, florists, and general goods stores as well as a variety of other mundane things you might expect. There is a store named simply, Spices. Your noses immediately inform you that even that simple name was probably unnecessary.

While you don't see any shops specifically dedicated to Underdark travel, you are told there are all manner of travel supply stores closer to the tunnels that lead out of the city. Largely because this is what's convenient for travelers.

There are a variety of taverns and inns. Certainly on the fancier side where you start out. Plenty of the inns and taverns have musicians playing inside.

There are a number of dining establishments. You notice a number of restaurants, as well as a number of places that seem to be a combination of cafes and tea shops. There are also bakeries, butchers, fishmongers, and grocers. The bakeries smell a bit strange though, like whatever they're making isn't made from wheat flour. Still the smells are pleasant and sometimes sweet. The aromas from the cafes are also unusual but interesting.

There are two theaters for plays, musical performances, and other entertainment. One is clearly very high class and the other is clearly meant for the more common patron.

You notice that most of the non-drow establishments are towards the farther end of the cavern from where you entered.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Parveth & Steam
Parveth consolidates her arrows into her gift, and stores her mundane quivers in one of its pockets (if that's viable).
Steam returns to following closely behind Ketha in the general darkness of the city, this time with significantly less crying.

"So, we gonna stay all together? Maybe check out the theater first, figure out if and when there's a performance, and then work out a schedule around..." she thinks for a moment, before looking in the general direction of the guards accompanying the group. "How do you do time here? Like, when do you sleep? Well, elves, so don't sleep. Actually, I can just ask; do you sleep?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:02 pm

"No. We just rest like other elves." One of the guards replies with a roll of their eyes. "We track time in hours and days like you do. Based on the growth of certain plants mostly."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next