Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Root of Evil

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Root of Evil - Page 2 Empty Re: Root of Evil

Post  quietkal Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:29 pm

Nari & Ron James
The elf isn't really disturbed by Nari's climbing up towards him, and in fact clears some space so that she could sit on top of the stall if she wanted."Heh, depends on how crazy the spell you want is! Return customers get 10 gp for each bottle they bring back, so things range from 20 to 340 gp. Depends on the spell. If you're coming back because Ron James' magic is just so impressive, you can also dig my bargain bin!" He pulls out a small box with more oddly styled bottles. "20 gp for any of them, but with the condition that I don't actually remember what's in them anymore, and they've aged so you can't pop the top to find out and then put it back. These babies are fit to burst! But if you want something special, something that is just abso-magnically crazy rad then feast your eyes on this!" Ron James puts on mittens while speaking, and raises from below the stall a bottle significantly taller than the others. It hums slightly as it sits there, and you can see that the plentiful straps working to hold the top on are really having to work for it. A frost is across parts of it, but that melts into little beads of condensate before evaporating off and then being recovered with frost. The magic in the bottle is actually somewhat palpable, leaving Nari with a somewhat copper-y taste in her mouth. The elf proclaims with a grin, "Ron James' guaran-terrific solution to all your problems! Pop the top on this, and whatever you were trying to do this'll solve it! Life'll be all swimming in roses and pudding waterfalls from then on! But uh...a little lady like yourself might not quite be ready for the unimaginable power of my penultimate creation." He carefully moves the crackling bottle back under the stall, before continuing. "Maybe...ooh! You seem like a friend of animals, have you ever wanted to have a nice little chat with them? If so, then I've got just the thing for you!" He slides a small brown bottle over in front of you. He proceeds to try and sell Nari on a bottle of Speak with Animals.

The spell bottles cost 50 gp per spell level, cantrips cost 30 gp. All before bottle discount, of course.

Amber & ...businessguy?
The guy isn't terribly surprised that Amber doesn't say anything, just comes up and silently judges. The wares are legitimately items from the Deep Dark Keep; Amber actually has a few of the pieces herself.
He finishes haggling with the other customer, cutting what you see is a tidy profit for himself, before turning to you. There's not really a point where they're 'alone,' you're in a market with people and stalls all around you, but there does come a point where it's just the two of them at this stall. He stops calling out to the crowd, recognizing that you want to have some more individual dealings. "I bought 'em up in the Keep. I've formed something of a rapport with some of the folk up there, and a couple of them have let me buy their wares, bring 'em downriver, and if I sell 'em I bring 'em back a cut of the profit, keep friendly if I can. Folks down here are interested in getting the quality that the Keep provides, and a little extra gold's tough to argue against."

He seems to be telling the truth, though the exact amount of 'profit' that gets kicked back to the dwarves is probably on the small side. He does buy it wholesale first though, so that's something.

Swift & Weapons Cart
The young girl is surprised when you speak up. Embarrassed about not having noticed that a customer approached her friend, she quickly bids farewell, says sorry, and walks out of the market, blushing slightly.
The young man looks to you, a general ease about him that's almost surprising, given your fiendish heritage. "You've a good eye to spot their make. There's a couple of the big folk strewn about in the mountains, and they're not all bad. Go ahead and try one if you want. Th' giants have some kind of beast they use to forge their weapons; lets 'em make 'em sharper, lighter, larger, but just as strong as anything."
He doesn't seem particularly intimidated or threatened by you, which is...refreshing?

Sora & the kids
The pair giggle again and pour Sora a cup of the drink. It tastes okay, but you're not really here for a high quality drink anyway.
They start into trying to put together some kind of a tale about wizards and lemons, but like a lot of stories that kids make up it has a lot of sudden starts and random insertions, but their enthusiasm for it is catchy. The girl does most of the talking, but every now and then the boy has some input.
Eventually the story reaches some kind of resolution (the lemonade is a gift the lemons gave the wizards after helping them defeat a rutabaga dragon but also a fairy princess was there), and everyone just sort of feels good.
After a couple of moments, it becomes clear that something is weighing on the boy's mind, and he kind of whispers to Sora, "So...are you...like...a....?"
He doesn't get the word out, but it's pretty clear he's asking about your heritage.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:13 pm

Nari gently pushes the bottle away stating, "Already can do that." and then asks, "So... just wondering.... how much would that tall penulticreation be?"

Amber nods accepting this and figures if the traders aren't getting a good deal then it's their own fault for not having the proper dwarvish pride and attitude. None of her wares in particular are for sale, so she doesn't have any personal stake in the matter. All the same, she still gives the man a long appraising look before giving a quick nod of approval/farewell and then walks over to where Nari and that weird magical presence is.

Swift takes up whichever of the giant forged weapons seems most magical and looks coolest and gives it a few test swings, making sure she's not too close to anyone or pointing it in anyone's direction in case it does something unexpected (even something unexpectedly mundane like flying out of her hands because she has no way to properly judge how much strength to swing with).

Sora nods and smiles and grimaces at appropriate points in the story. When the boy asks his question she finally stands up and says, "No. I am not one of the fabled Blueberry Knights. But I am a paladin of Olidammara." she leans down again to put a hand on a shoulder of each of them and continues, "And I give you his blessing this day. Though you have given to me as well." and smiles and ponders if maybe she should get a glass for any of the others or maybe actually answer the question for real.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Nari, Amber, & Ron James
The lime-haired elf eyes Nari curiously, muttering to himself, "can already do that...fox ears...adorably tiny..."
((sound of GM rolling dice))
The elf's eyes go wide in realization, and he exclaims, "Oh! You're a...!" His eyes scan the bottles on the stall and he quickly grabs up a couple, moving them beyond your reach. "Scoot on out of here! Ron James got a business to run; ain't got time to be fooling with no tricksters!...unless you can pay. In which case off the stall."
Amber arrives, but Ron is more focused on trying to not let the trickster fey in front of him abjectly pop his bottles open. Not that Nari is attempting that, Ron's just pretty sure she will.

Swift & the Weapons Cart
The weapon doesn't do anything magical, like launch from your hands, or throw lightning bolts, or suddenly extend or anything like that. Any sort of enhancements have to be purely physical.
Swift grabs one of the larger weapons, a longsword that looks like she should have to two-hand to wield effectively.  As she lifts it, however, she finds that while carrying a weight to it, the sword is much lighter than she would expect, and can be wielded about much like its smaller kin.
The man watches relatively impassively as you test out the weapon, saying after Swift has a chance to get a feel for it, "With quality comes cost, I should bring up. That one you're holdin' 's about 260 gp."

The large bastard-sword (giant's make) functions like a medium-sized longsword, except it has the additional qualities of Reach and +1 damage.
Rest of the Cart:
If you just want to give each of them a swing, just tell me in skype and I'll add their qualities and costs to this list. Or you can describe it as she responds to the guy, I guess, inwhichcase I'll move the updated list into my next response.

Sora & the kids
The two sort of share a confused look, before the girl speaks up. "Old-ramma? Who's that?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Nari scowls at the elf and raspberrys him as she drops off the stall, not caring if she shakes it and the bottles a bit as she does so. She stomps off right as Amber walks over. Amber asks what's up and Nari explains loudly enough for anyone else nearby to hear about how the elf treated her. Amber gives the elf a look that... well it could be a hard look, it could be a dwarf looking at an elf look, or it could just be Amber looking at anyone. She suggests they go rejoin the others and see how they've fared.

Meanwhile Sora gives a very brief and kid friendly explanation of Olidammara to the kids and shows them her shield that is basically a big version of his symbol. Right around when she finishes, Swift has finished testing out the weapons and calls her over. The other pair notice this as well and they meet up at the weapons cart.

Sora herself tests out the initial longsword Swift tried out and at her suggestion the greataxes. She nods approvingly and thinks for a moment and asks the man, "Do you take commissions? Could you make or acquire weapons with certain properties? For example I'd really like a longsword, battleaxe, or warhammer with the reach and power of this greataxe and maybe the sharpness of this one." She points to the greataxe with +2 damage and then the one with the 19-20 crit range.
((I'm sure that would actually be outside her price range but she'd like a versatile, reach, +1 damage, 19-20 crit range weapon almost as much.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:16 am

Nari, Amber
The two join the rest of their group, and absolutely nothing else of consequence happens regarding the incident.

Swift, Sora, & the Weapons Cart
The kids listen to Sora's explanation and don't seem to fully understand it, but they understand that he's a deity and Sora seems to be a good person, so they smile and wave at her and thank her as she's called away.

The man gives it some thought, idly scratching his face, before saying, "That's outside of my ability, but I could ask 'em. Don't see why not so long as you can pay for it. Probably be about 1300 for all of that on one weapon, 800 if you're alright with slightly less sharp than the greataxe, but I'll have a better number when I come back around. Be a while 'fore I get back to the mountains though, should be finished with my route in about a month if you'll meet me here again then."

He recognizes that Sora is bearing marks of membership of the Bronze Ring, and reciprocally Sora recognizes that this human is also bearing marks of the Bronze Ring.

Last edited by quietkal on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fucking I just don't want to deal with that even possibly being a thing)
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:58 am

Sora nods in recognition of their shared allegiance and nods along as he talks. When he finishes she says, "That's about what I expected, but I had to ask. Sadly I can't say I'll be back here in a month or.... if I ever will be really. Well that bastard sword should do nicely. Would you be interested in purchasing this glaive?"
((And then Sora attempts to haggle for a lower price. Persuasion: 13 + 6 = 19.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:40 pm

The guy inspects the glaive and gives it a few test swings. Swift, having studied persons, recognizes that he wields the glave unusually (He's not proficient in it.) but still with impressive force.
He hands it back after a moment with a declining shake of his head. " 's a nice weapon, but I only carry weapons of my make or the giants'. You hold on t' it."

With your haggling prowess and similar association, you snag the bastard sword for a steal at 190 gp. He accepts the bag of gold pieces and heftily tosses it into his wagon, continuing to be relatively unconcerned about...everything. He reaches out to give Sora a strong handshake, saying, "Treat 'er well, and good luck in your dealings."

Should you accept the handshake, he is very strong. As if I hadn't already drilled that in thus far. Not as strong as Sora, obviously, but you get the impression that he's rocking like, STR 18. This ain't no normal weapons-guy-who-deals-with-giants.

Oh, also, I meant to give you this last post, but I'm bad at game. Sora gained Inspiration from interacting with the Lemonade stall! I'm pretty generous with Inspiration; just do things that amuse me and interact with the world and I'll throw stuff at you. Dance monkey, dance!

What would you like to do? You could keep interacting with this dude, you can...whatever.
Notable things in the immediate area
Dwarf at a forge
Older man selling Honey
Older woman selling veggies
Ron James' Spell Palace (confused, anxious)
Weapons Cart (present)
Definitely not a pirate (probably a pirate)
Lemonade Stall (slightly richer)
Guard Building (probably still Liam-ridden)
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Sora shakes just as heartily and replies, "And in yours." and then looks at the gem in her glaive and then at the new weapon. She looks around and spots the forge and heads over, wondering if there's anything over there or if perhaps someone will see something they didn't realize might be rather useful on the journey. The others follow along, being pretty much done here otherwise.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:46 pm

The group and the Dwarven Forge
The area the dwarf is in the shadowed, their set up being directly next to and somewhat under what you might presume is also their building. The forge and furnace are in a room of sorts, two of the sides being open for air to pass through and circulate some heat from the area. In the future this arrangement might be called a 'garage' and have 'parked cars' inside. But in the now it's just sort of an open sided, but topped, room.
A heavy door stands on the stone wall not holding the forge, presumably leading into the building. It has a keyed lock on it, but you can't tell without trying it whether it's presently locked or not.
On the wall by the forge are a number of frames, displaying certificates with the signatory stamp of Wernstrum. If you take a look, they're for, in no particular order: Licensed Merchant, Licensed to Operate Forge, Licensed to Forge Armor, Licensed to Forge Arms, Licensed to Provide Licenses to Forge Armor, Licensed to Provide Licenses to Forge Arms, Licensed Supplier of Arms to Wernstrum Guard, Licensed Supplier of Armor to Wernstrum Guard, Licensed Guard of Wernstrum.
Your eyes would have to adjust to this darkened area (dimly-lit), but your group is naturally inclined towards being able to see through much darker areas.
Several sets of armor stand on display near the 'front' of the room, and several stands display various weapons, all clearly of dwarven make.
The bearded dwarven woman notices your group enter, but continues smiting the sword she's working on with her smithing tools.
Stuff on display:

Several of the group notice that Liam has come to Ron James' stall and appears to discussing at him. Ron James appears to be being admonished.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:53 pm

The group looks over the goods and the licenses. Amber asks, "You can provide licenses to forge arms and armor? What happens if someone does so without a license?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:59 pm

The woman glaces toward you as you start to converse, slowing her pace on the sword but continuing to work. "Not much. They get a fine somewhere in the range of a few silver and then they're let off. Good might be confiscated if they can't pay the fine. Why, you got some illegally made goods you want to report?" She smirks slightly, the last line intended as a joke.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Amber, having a more serious personality than average, doesn't respond to the jest in kinda and instead replies with a shake of her head and says, "No. I am a smith myself and I would not wish to forge things with my own hands with metal I myself purchased only to have it be snatched away from me or those I might see fit to give or sell my works to. As a fellow dwarf I am sure you can appreciate the distaste for the idea of having to give away my works for free or even have coin demanded of me in addition. I am not surprised to find such a loathsome rule at work in human lands, humans not having the appreciation we do for hard and honest work. So if I may know how to have such a license to avoid such thefts or having to forgo my craft, I would appreciate it."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:56 pm

The dwarf actually ceases her work, surprised by the amount of Amber's disgust. She calmly explains, "You basically just ask. Well, there's a showing of skill, of course, but you just have to show you have some capacity to do whatever license you're angling for. Then if your goods were taken, you can go show your license and you'll get 'em back. Licenses and penalties are also only for if you're gonna set up shop and be in Wernstrum for awhile; if you're just passing through they mostly don't apply. Do you actually want to get a license for smithing? Looking at your...group, I feel like you've got plans other than setting up here."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:19 pm

"Ah. Well then, good day." Amber says and leaves.

Discussing whether to leave or not, they notice the temple and decide to head over to check it out.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:08 pm

The dwarf unsurely waves farewell, before resuming her work.
The kids at the lemonade stand wave happily at your group as you pass by, your path incidentally heading in that direction.

The cathedral faces due West, and sits near the Southern wall of Fell's Edge along the road towards the Thornside province. Despite being at the edge of town, it doesn't take but a few minutes of walking to arrive. The tower is somewhat longer than it is wide, and significantly taller than either of those. (~60' x 75' x 90')
The building cuts an imposing visage as you approach it, the nearly black stone of its construction standing out starkly against the greens of the forest beyond. A large plume of cerulean flame billows from the top, its unusual hue almost blending into the blue of the sky. You know that it shines like a great beacon at night however, having seen it as you came in by boat, or just looking outside at all during your night(s?) prior here.

A ledge extends from the perimeter of the roof, a number of monstrous figures carved from stone seeming to keep vigil at the base of the beacon. A large sigil stands on the front face of the building, an immense greystone skull set amidst a sea of rubies, the gems sparkling and seeming like the skull was aflame. Wrapping the building are a number of stained glass windows, with varying imagery of a (conventionally) attractive human woman clad in scarlet attire. A keen eye would notice that in all of the depictions of her, somewhere in her jewelry is the same sort of 'skull against flame' motif as was seen in the sigil. These windows don't begin until about 30' up however, and the stone below them looks like it has been heavily marred and reconstructed time and again.

A large set of iron doors stand open at the tower's front, on top of a small platform of greystone. The skull in flame sigil again appears, flush within the platform and centered in front of the entryway. No rubies in this one, however, the design of the whole being much simpler and the flames merely being some sort reddish-stone.
Three smaller stone buildings stand in a row, facing the cathedral from its back. Each is also composed of the same dark stone, but these are closed with sets of heavy-looking iron doors. A stone well peeks into vision around the far side of the building as you draw nearer, apparently just being around that corner.

You're able to see more into the building as you approach it, polished wooden benches on glossy tiled floors facing a marble altar beneath a pair of staircases spiraling together to the next floor up. A small copper bowl sits at the head of the aisle between the benches. Braziers hang on the walls as well as down from the floor above, all alit with a smaller bit still cerulean flame. It's probably magic.
A dwarven man stands inside, generally tending to the place. He's garbed in layered grey and black robes, and like most of this place is decked in ostentatious jewelry.

The flame-skull sigils denote this as a cathedral to Wee Jas (said weigh-jhaas, not wii-jass), a Lawful Nuetral deity of death. If she appears, she generally assumes the form of an attractive human woman regaled in crimson attire, decked out in tasteful but still "I'm way better than you" jewelry, and never with a weapon. Much like the figure depicted in the windows. Among the deities of death, she's one of the more liked ones because she really seems to just care about moving souls onward when they die, and not that everyone needs to die. She opposes Nerull, a Chaotic Evil deity of death who wants to kill all life and then raise it into undeath under his service. He's a bad time.
Her priests are known as 'Karuth,' or sometimes colloquially 'suitors to Wee Jas.' They're usually wizards of some level, and without err her temples have some sort of magical library within.
Her main holiday celebrated by non-clergy is known as "Goddess' Blush," which happens exactly a week prior to the Blood Moon. There's a ceremony held within her temples where a piece of jewelry is burned in offering to the deity, which is then generally followed with actual celebration. Tastefulness in the celebration varies from place to place, but it's usually relatively classy.
And finally, some of the titles you might have heard Wee Jas addressed by are:
the Ruby Sorceress
the Witch Goddess
the Taker
the Lady of Book and Bone
Death's Guardian
I can provide more information about Wee Jas if you have any other questions. I don't really care about making you make a Religion roll, unless you're trying to know something really obscure, like "what size shoes would she wear if she appeared"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:21 pm

The group goes in and Sora greets the dwarf, "Good day. You don't mind visitors of other faiths do you? We just wanted to come in and look around. This is a really nice looking temple!"

Amber adds, "And there are usually good libraries."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:41 pm

Inside of the building, there's a sort of stillness beside the breeze blowing through the two sets of doors. Everything you do sounds like it's been softened. It's probably magic. A soft patter sounds from upstairs which you think might be people walking around, but it's hard to tell.
Additionally, as you pass by it you notice that the small copper bowl at the head of the aisle has a number of coins and even a few gems in it. Altogether it's holding somewhere in the range of 300 gp, the gemstones primarily being the money makers.

The dwarf looks to the group and gives a grin. In a gruff voice, he says, "I appreciate that, we do what we can to live up to our Lady's standards. And of course, please look around! I do, however, ask that before you go higher you leave your weapons here. While this is a place of passage, you should not have accord to send someone on within these walls." He gestures to a door beneath the stairway when speaking about leaving your weapons here. Should you open it, you find a weapons rack inside. Three staves of similar ornamentation stand on it, as well as a dwarven warhammer.

"To use our facilities, we do not require you to praise Wee Jas in the highest. But I warn you; she is the Stern Lady. Tomfoolery in her house is not taken well." He sort of gives your group a look for a moment, really trying to emphasize the point, before continuing, "I am Vonnus Fireforge and the head priest here, if you have further questions or would like to request the Witch Goddess' blessing. The library is on the third and fourth floors, once you have stored your blades and cudgels."

The Stern Lady is another of her titles.
And as a note, deities don't watch everything all the time, but they do have a certain connection to their places of worship. It's generally ill-advised to dishonor them inside of their place of worship. Not that you would do that, just...as a note.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:57 pm

Nari feels a bit preemptively chastened at the dwarf's words and notes to try and be in her best(ish) behavior while here. The group puts it's assorted weapons in the weapon rack. Not really having any questions and thinking it's probably better to get the blessing as they leave since Amber seems really interested in the library, the group heads upstairs. Amber will go directly to the third floor, while the rest of the group being less specifically motivated stops to see what is on the second floor.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:29 pm

The second floor is less of a 'floor,' and more of a 'bridge connecting the stairs from the first floor to the stairs to the third.' It is narrower than the building, but still about 20' across; the ceiling is almost . The main draw of the second floor is the view it provides of the incredibly tall stained windows, the light catching and glinting off their many hues, enhancing their beauty even further.
There's also some benches if you want to sit for a moment. They don't give much of a view to the first floor, but you can really look at those windows. Probably would if you were praying or something.

Amber rapidly ascends the stairs to the third floor, their winding length being easily two, maybe even three times the length of the first staircase.
The third floor is again a floor proper and back to more traditional dimensions for ceilings. Bookcases stand from floor to ceiling in neat rows laterally across the building, so many and so filled with books you can't see through one stack to the next. A few desks stand against the walls where windows are not. They look tidy and not in present use.
A staircase up to the 4th level stands on the far side of the room. The light picking of a stringed instrument streams down from the floor above you, the sound too quiet or other muted for you to have heard before reaching this floor.
There's also more of those braziers providing soft light.

It's music, not...not just random plucking of the strings.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:28 pm

While Amber is sure she could find books on subjects she's interested in, she knows she can't just abandon the mission the group is on to just read every tome she finds interesting. When the others catch up she asks if they're ok with the idea of taking the rest of this day to spend here and set out on their way in the morning. Sora says she's fine with it, Swift shrugs, and Nari at the time is still staring at the stained glass windows but when asked later she's also ok with it.

Sora suggests that while Amber is just enjoying herself here the rest try and be productive. So Sora, Swift, and Nari look around to see if they can find any books on fallen stars. Amber looks around for books on magic, hoping she'll find something interesting to put to use. Even though she's not a wizard, there might be some ritual or something about her kind of magic. If not, learning more about what's out there is always helpful.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Your group spreads out, picking up books that catch their interest or seem to be related to stars in some regard. The books cover a number of subjects and in a variety of styles, seemingly eclectically collected over the years until an immense collection had emerged. They're not particularly sorted, but clumps of a certain topic or by a certain writer appear periodically.
On the floor above, whoever goes there finds that there is a pair of high elven ladies also clad in the same regalia as the dwarven priest. One is reading a book at a desk while the other plays a quiet tune on a lute, and they look like sisters by their physical features. The one playing music notices you first, and with a smile and an acknowledging nod quietly says, "Welcome. Could I help you find something? I do hope you're not here because my music has disturbed you."

Alright, so I'm actually the worst person. I have not forgotten about this or lost drive for this campaign; last couple of weeks have just been crazy trying to move sister to Texas then moving self to parent's house then moving again to actual apartment and getting acclimated and other excuses that don't really have merit.

Last edited by quietkal on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Swift gives the sisters(?) a smile and says, "The music is lovely, I'd find it much too still in here without it. As for your other question, my friends and I are looking for any information you might have on fallen stars. Well actually I think Amber is just looking for anything on magic, but that's not our main concern right now."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:20 am

The two lend a hand in searching the tomes, and you spend a quiet afternoon in the library. They are indeed sisters, Aerenth and Vasil Oakenheel in the Common parlance. They’re acolytes here at the temple, and seem to be mostly interested in Wee Jas’s mastery over magic.
The books in the library cover a number of subjects and are in a variety of styles, seemingly eclectically collected over the years until an immense collection had emerged. There’s no demonstrable sorting system in place, but clumps of a certain topic or by a certain writer show up periodically.
There’s not a book specifically about fallen stars, but you’re able to find a couple of books that make mention, or otherwise parallel them somehow.

This would count as a short rest with the additional bonus of gaining a spell slot back, but you haven’t expended anything yet. If you’d like to learn anything in particular from conversation with Aerenth or Vasil, they’d chat amiably with your group.
Books:

Eventually, a break comes in your studies. Everyone's finished their last chapter and just resting or chatting with each other. You're not sure at what point she left, but Aerenth descends from the upper floors, an apron overtop of her outfit. "It's a bit past sundown now and we're preparing to sup. Would you care to join us? If you'd prefer to continue perusing the library, or if you have other affairs to tend to we won't keep you."
Below you, the light shines especially well through the windows. The east/west layout of the art makes you think the sunrise/sunset had been considered of when the building was constructed.

Last edited by quietkal on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:10 am

Amber nods and says, "This is about when we agreed we would stop."

"Thank you. We'd love to join you." Sora replies to Aerenth and Nari nods enthusiastically.

Swift also gives a nod in agreement, but she's busy appreciating the artistry of the building and the light.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:32 am

"Excellent! It should only be a few more minutes; we'll call you and Vonnus when it's been prepared. Vasil, could you assist me?"
"I can, the correct question is,"
"Vasil I will actually slap you."
The two stare at each other for a moment, before breaking into grins. Vasil gives a small friendly wave to the group as she follows her sister upstairs.

It seems you have a moment to yourselves. Is there anything you'd like to do before supping?
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next