Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales

5 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales - Page 4 Empty Re: Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales

Post  telebiscuit Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:10 pm

"Soft Shimmers, likewise." I return the gesture, and head back inside. Oblivious to the crying mares, I make my way back to the sick bay, and set the pail and towels in front of the doe. "Here, there's more if you need it. How is she doing now?"
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales - Page 4 Empty Re: Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales

Post  quietkal Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Appearance:
Altara nods empathetically, saying, "Of course! Of course! I'm terribly sorry, my mouth ran before my thoughts could consider. I'm afraid it's been more than a year since I've seen a group like that, though I could ask my kin if they have seen the group recently?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:07 pm

"Well, I should warn ya, if that group does turn out dodgy, there's more to them than what seems blatant. The old earthy one's got tricks up her sleeves," warns Tindalos...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:34 pm

-upstairs-

"It's alrght. That would be most helpful of you though, thank you."

Flitter says with a grateful nod while Cloud Chaser quirks an ear at Tindolas's warning.

"Tricks? How do you mean?"

-dining room-

"Well seeing as they came here, whatever it is must be some issue they feel our group can handle that their own guards and servants can't."

Says the griffon, a pensive look on his features as he folds his arms across his chest. Meanwhile Private Rail reaches over and closes Snowdust's mouth with a hoof, making an audible clack. This seems to snap the unicorn out of her trance, shaking her head quickly and covering her mouth with a hoof.

Normalcy returns slowly to the room and it quickly becomes filled with the sound of conversation again.  It's only now that the knight exits the room, stopping just past the threshold for a moment seemingly deep in thought. She looks across the main room for a moment , her gaze occasionally lingering on something or another until it meets your own.She holds your gaze for a moment before gesturing upstairs and proceeding there herself. The two guards once again shadowing her.

-Guest Room-

"Thank you. She is as well as she was before, hopefully this will ease her suffering somewhat."

Says the doe with a nod to you before taking the pail and towels and setting them nearby. Removing the sheets from the Diamond Dog, she uses the towels to soak up her sweat before moving her over to a different, dry bed. You notice while the diamond dog is being toweled off, that under her collar is one of the chain rings of the guild, particularly one of the darker AoD variety.

Bringing the pail over beside the new bed she pulls out two small wax packages. One she opens partially and drops completely into the pail, in response the water almost immediatly starts boiling and steam begins to fill the room. The second she opens partially and sprinkles a small amount of the contents into the boiling water, it almost immediatly turns a clear vibrant red. Soon the room is filled with a soft rose fog that smells of wildflowers.

The diamond dog soon stops tossing and turning and her sleep becomes more peaceful, though she doesn't appear to be any closer to waking up. You yourself feel a kind of calm overtaking you as you breathe in the mist. Even the baby dragon seems more relaxed as he climbs onto another nearby bed and resumes his vigil.

The doe, for her part, doesn't seem affected. Though perhaps it's because she already looked pretty calm.

"All we can do now is wait. I'd like to inform the captain of this as soon as possible but she appears to be busy at the moment with some new initiates."

-upstairs-

The door opens again as Dame Rose returns, Velvet scrambling out of her chair as the knight crosses the room back to her desk. Though she has a somewhat troubled expression, she does smile slightly at her squire's rush.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:49 pm

"Ever seen a pony turn into a buncha crows? I 'ave." Tindalos' expression changes to a hint of surprise when Dame Rose returns. "Ah, don't tell me it's been an hour already?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:25 pm

"Well, looks like I have been summoned. I'll catch up with you folks later." Chance says to the group at the table and follows after the knight.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Lead up:
Appearance:
The 'pegasus' tilts her head at Tindalos' comment, and hesitantly asks, "She...transformed into a murder of ravens?"
When Dame Rose reenters the room, Altara slightly bows her head in respect.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:21 pm

"Oh yes, them..." I say cautiously, unsure of who does and should know if I am one of those initiates, and if she is referring to the Guild or the AoD. "I believe I saw them exit their meeting some time ago, I can deliver the message." I bow slightly and leave the room, now returning to the top floor meeting room.
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:51 am

-dining room-

“Cheers mate.”

Calls the griffon as Snowdust dips her head politely with a smile and Rail simply waves as you head upstairs.

-upstairs-

Cloud Chaser’s eyes go wide.

“Are you saying she’s a witch?”

She says somewhat fearfully, both the sisters jump slightly when the door opens. Dame Rose sits down at her desk again and looks up.

“Hardly more than a quarter of that time I’m afraid… “

She turns her attention to the door when it opens again and nods to Chance as she enters the room.

“Just one more missing then, Velvet please go and retrieve Miss Shimmer.”

The young pegasus jumps to attention and rushes towards the door, her expression back to the more confident composed mask she had when she first sought you out now that she has orders.

“Of course milady! I shall- uh...!”

She says as she opens the door and her composure immediately falters when she sees Shimmer on the other side reaching for the door.

“Um….. I…  found her milady?”

She states uncertainly as she moves out of the way to allow Shimmer to enter. Dame Rose simply chuckles slightly in response.

“So I see.”

The knight captain closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, holding it for a moment before releasing it as she steadies her thoughts. When she next opens her eyes, her expression is stoic and composed. The door is encased in a golden glow and shuts quietly as the squire returns to her place by her mentor’s side.

“My original intention for the meeting we were to have in the near future was to discuss your first assignment. A rather simple task comparatively that would never-the-less be of use to the Duchy and allow me to get a better idea for how each of you perform. You were to be divided among existing, and more experienced members of our order and assist them in their missions. From the results and their impressions we would determine how best to put your individual skills to the best use. It is the closest thing to a safe test of ability I could provide within our duties, which is to say not very much so at all. That… is no longer the case.”

She takes a moment to let that sink in before continuing.

“I have had… distressing news brought to my attention… more so perhaps to me personally than most. Though the task I will give you is arguably more important than the ones my more experienced operatives are on, I cannot pull them for this task. To do so would be to ensure a cascading wave of failures from their current objectives, and they too have value. I feel my opinion in this matter is...biased, but I am certain that it is not merely such that drives me to believe in the necessity of these actions.”

“You are likely not aware of this, we have been trying to keep information of it hidden, but considering your backgrounds its possible that you are. There is an… illness... spreading through Cavallend, one seemingly without cause or cure that we can identify. Our greatest doctors and mages can make no progress in combating it, they lack the understanding to do so. It spreads by means we do not know, and all attempts to isolate it have been utterly ineffective. We refer to it as the Plague of Sleep.”

“Those who fall victim to it fall into a deep sleep from which no force or shock can awaken them. Their sleep is plagued by nightmares and yet not a single one has woken in the two weeks since they were first reported. Victims appear miles apart, sometimes in completely different counties, nations! It does not spread from proximity or any other method we can identify, it seems as if its truly random.”

She takes a moment to steady herself before continuing.

“And now it seems the same plague has befallen my own kin. Moments ago my sisters came to inform me that my niece, Dawn Rose, has fallen into a fitful sleep from which she will not wake. Her mother begged me in tears to put my resources as Knight Captain to task in finding some way to save her. And I will, not just because she is family, but because in bringing me this news they have also provided us with something we’ve never had before in this matter: a lead.”

“According to their telling, little Dawn and her mother Ivory were here in Cavallend in order to meet with the Grand Duchess for her monthly report. They were meeting at the Akasha Institute, where our lady is known to spend her free time. There are a number of witnesses that report seeing Dawn walking with a strange figure, headed towards the very scene where she was found asleep.”

“I am not a doctor or a researcher. Viruses, curses, patients. I cannot fight them, I cannot burn them with a spell or stop them with a shield. But a crime scene, witnesses, a culprit? That I can work with. An investigation I can do!”

She looks up at you with a confident determined smile.

“A maid familiar with the area and those working there, a skilled hunter and tracker, one skilled in magics beyond common understanding, an experienced infiltrator, and two skilled level-headed combatants. I have been favored with a team uniquely suited for this task. And so I lay this task upon you as your first for our order and the Duchy: Investigate this incident. please find what there is to be found, of this Plague and its possible master, any information can be critical in this matter! I will investigate the matter along with the guards, but this order was created to take the avenues we cannot. It’s time to put that to the test.”
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:41 am

"First off I'd like to say I'm sorry this matter has struck so close to home for you Captain." Chance says and gives a pause before continuing so that it's clear that's her honest sentiment. "Second, as the resident witch" she says and raises an eyebrow as she looks straight at Cloud Chaser and her sister, "it would be very helpful if I could start by examining one of the afflicted. I can't say I honestly have high hopes of undoing such a curse, but it would help to get a better grasp on what it is we're up against. Would you happen to know of any nearby?"

((Note: Somehow Chance made the word witch sound the color black.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:42 am

I wait for her to finish speaking, before stepping forward, rather more boldly than I normally would. "This Plague of Sleep, its the same that the Diamond Dog downstairs is suffering from, isn't it? The nurse asked me to inform you that she is...calmer now. She used some manner of powder to release a scent into the room. I felt its effects myself."
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:24 am

Tindalos listens, and after the last comments moves to one side of the room (possibly towards a window if there is one). "So, how far we gotta go, and how soon we gotta leave?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:58 pm

Appearance:
Meta:
Altara frowns slightly as a memory resurfaces, before giving a determined nod to Dame Rose. "If something can be determined of this affliction, we shall find it."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Flitter, Cloud Chaser, and even the squire flinch slightly at the word 'witch' while Dame Rose simply nods in gratitude towards Chance and Shimmer.

“Thank you, both of you."

"It would appear we have just such a resource to examine. However, if you do so be careful. We don't know how dangerous it is. And keep in mind that the doctor and dragon with her are not of our order."

She goes silent for a moment as she considers Tindalos' question.

"It will take me at least two hours once I leave here and inform the Duchess to gather the necessary ponies for an investigation of this sort and arrive. Three hours at the most. Most of which will admittedly be from getting a private meeting with her. I would advise arriving at Akasha as soon as you are prepared before that happens. Citizens tend to get scared and tight lipped when a legion company descends on a location and starts asking questions. And as you have no direct legal authority certain sections of the area will become closed off to you when we arrive."

"If your investigation takes you outside city walls report in with your rings before proceeding. I trust Velvet taught you how? I cannot say how far the culprit might have gone in the time that's passed. I wish you the best of luck. And thank you."

She says with a short bow of gratitude to all of you.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Chance nods to the captain and then looks to Shimmer and says, "I think I know how to play this. Just follow my lead ok?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:23 pm

"If you believe you can. Its certainly not my area of expertise." I shrug. "While I don't know how much more help I can be in the immediate circumstances, I more look forward to returning to Akasha."
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:09 pm

Appearance:
Lead In:
Altara nods slightly, thinking before saying, "We should make haste to Akasha then, if that is all. Rather, we should make haste. You should enjoy your walk, it is a very pleasant afternoon outside. Perhaps a slight chilly."

Last edited by quietkal on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:29 am

"Ok, lead the way." Chance says to Shimmer with an "after you" motion in the direction of the stairs.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:30 am

Tindalos nods. "Okay, well, tell me when you're all ready to leave, I'm off for a pint, haha." Tindalos waits until the people at the door leave before leaving himself...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  telebiscuit Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:12 am

I nod and head back down the stairs. When we get to the room, I walk in and speak to the doe. "I've spoken to the Dame about your patient, and brought someone who may be able to help."
telebiscuit
telebiscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:09 am

Before Shimmer can say help, Chance cuts her off and says, "Take over watching for a bit so you guys could take a break. Maybe get something to eat? Or just stretch your legs and get some air."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:50 pm

Appearance:
Altara turns to the pegasi sisters. "I believe I am also already carrying what I may need, though I suppose a spare change of clothes might not hurt. Do either of you need to stop somewhere before moving to investigate?"

Last edited by quietkal on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:17 pm

-upstairs-

Dame Rose chuckles slightly at Altara’s suggestion.

”I’ll keep that in mind.”

She says good naturedly as she stands from her chair and calmly crosses the room to the door once others start to leave, the squire following close behind.

”Best of luck.”

Flitter speaks up as Cloud Chaser seems to mull the question over.

”Well if this is a mission that might have us leaving the city we’d like to get our travel bags beforehoof.”
-guest room-

When you enter the room a sense of calm almost immediately overcomes you. Looking inside you see the diamond dog on one bed with a slight grimace on her face, and a baby dragon in the next one curled up into a ball. Both sleeping quietly. A little further in is an older doe, opening the windows as wide as their able, her head presently leaning forward out of one.

When you speak her ears quickly flick up and swivel in your direction in one sudden motion before her head follows more calmly.

“Ah. You’re back.”

She blinks looking at Chance curiously for a moment before stretching in place, her joints making a few quiet pops as she does.

“...I suppose that is for the best at my age…”

She says quietly to herself before tilting her head slightly to the left and eliciting a few more pops.

“Very well. I shall return in short order. If there’s any noticeable change in her behavior or condition I’ll be out in back. If the potion begins to react any more strongly than it is now, empty its contents out one of the windows.”

She says pointing first to the diamond dog and then the bucket before calmly striding towards the door.

”Thank you.”
Dr Blight
Dr Blight

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Chance nods to the doe and as soon as she's gone she leans over the diamond dog and tries to see if she can figure out anything about this disease or curse or whatever it might be.

((Arcana: 15 + 2 (Derp changes that 2 to a nat 1)... 1 daily use of This is Whining! changes the 1 to a nat 20 which is a CMC so... 15 + 20 = 35 CMC.))

Chance seems to concentrate on the diamond dog for a few moments, gasps loudly (possibly for dramatic effect) and tells Shimmer, "Wait here, I have to go catch the Captain!" and without waiting for a reply she jumps out the nearby window and races around to the front of the building, looking for Dame Rose.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Appearance:
Altara smiles appreciatively at Dame Roses' comment, before moving to follow her from the room. Addressing the sisters, she says, "Are your residences on the way there? I would prefer for us to have as much time in the area as possible, before our avenues begin closing, though I suppose we do have a fair bit of time, assuming of course that the Duchess is as busy as Dame Rose expects."
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next