Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makara IC

4 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Makara IC  - Page 3 Empty Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm

"Good ideas," Ketha answers to Steam's suggestions...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:43 pm

The guard leads you to the less fancy theater. They inform you the entry fee is 1 silver per person and the next performance starts in under ten minutes. Those that pay and enter find that inside there are just long benches to sit on, forming a half circle around a stage.
The performance is an odd experience. As none of you speak Undercommon you have no idea what is being said.
There is some harp playing when a certain person is on stage even when they're in different outfits.
At one point someone is splashed with a vial of what looks like actual blood.
At one point where you're sure the audience would be bored, they erupt into laughter.
At another that seems like it should be comedic, people have tears in their eyes and look downcast.
At the end two performers toss scimitars painted in different colors back and forth at each other for a bit and then just.... don't catch them and let them stick wherever in the stage. Which the crowd seems to react to with conversation and then a good deal of clapping from some patrons and others sing this brief snippet of some song.
Then everyone leaves. The guard with you comments that the show was fairly standard fair, not bad but not particularly outstanding either.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:54 pm

While Ketha struggled to follow what was happening in the performance, she seems happier and more lax regardless. Nodding to the guard's comment, she asks the party "Where next?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:06 pm

At Adelinde's suggestion, the group heads to one of the cartography stores. Unlike the one that's also a bookstore, these other ones are smaller.

The one you enter is basically just a single room with a few glass cabinets and a single large shelf with locked glass doors. The shelf seems about half-full of scrolls. There is a counter with scrolls in it on the opposite side of the entry door. Behind the counter is a male drow, a bit on the thin and scrawny side with wispy unkempt hair. Behind him is a wooden door, presumably to his work-space.
The store itself has room for maybe eight people to stand in at a time, so it's feeling a bit full with all of you and the guards in there.
The store has smell of parchment and ink.
The cartographer's hands, while black like other drow, can be noted to be ink-stained by those who look carefully.

When you come in the cartographer welcomes you and asks if you're looking for anything in particular. The recent nearby danger areas or a tunnel to an out of city lake for romantic encounters perhaps? Or maybe you're feeling adventurous and you'd like to blind purchase a map brought in off the corpse of an explorer that might lead to treasure?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 pm

"Good day! No, nothing like that, I'd especially rather not tempt fate by buying anything of the corpses of others who were possibly out doing something so similar to us. We'll be going on an expedition of sorts into the tunnels in the near future so I'm hoping to find something that will help us get back to town from any general location in the area if we get lost. Information about recent danger areas would be helpful too in that regard." She says with a smile as she walks up to the counter.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:00 pm

"Do you know how far out you want to make sure you're covered for? And how much detail on the danger areas would you need? The major ones and recent movements of the larger groups or just about anything I know of that could be put in ink?" the cartographer asks.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:52 pm

In the background, Steam excitedly looks inside the glass cabinets. Parveth waits outside of the shop with one of the guards, not wanting to flood the small store. She attempts...casual conversation.
“So. How’s the local sports team. Go them.”

Once the group is leaving he map store, Steam expresses interest in checking out “Gold’s.”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:33 pm

Gold's indeed is some kind of miscellaneous goods shop indeed. There is a large main room and a smaller side room through an open doorway with no door to the right. There is also a back room concealed by a curtain.
There are a bunch of glass cabinets in the interior of the rooms and shelves along the walls containing all manner of things. Candles with odd looking wax, hourglasses in various sizes and colors of sand, belts, shoes, pins, combs, broaches, pendants, necklaces, knives, rings, bracelets, bottles of who knows what in various sizes, some books, small animal skeletons or skulls (some covered in metal or wax or other things), jewelry boxes, figurines of stone or metal or gemstones, a large egg covered in flower petals and beetle wings, hand mirrors, a ball that seems to be made of spun gold, a broken glass staff, masks, and a variety of other strange things.

Upon the bell chime of your group opening the front door a strange looking male drow comes from behind the curtain. His skin is partially and sporadically covered in gray scales. Upon seeing you he says, "Welcome dearies." While he waits for you to look around or talk to him he polishes a red thimble with a silk handkerchief.

((If you're wondering if some kind of particular object is around just ask and I'll say if there is or not and give a few examples if there are.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Steam has a great grin and bounces over to the shopkeep, getting within more of arm’s length distance. “Hi! I’ll be honest, very pleasantly surprised to see the creepy skeletons and bottles containing ambiguous things. What’cha got that’s on the mildly cursed side of things?”
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:02 pm

The shopkeep laughs and replies, "Well well well. That's quite a question. Let me see dearie, let me see." and he walks around the store looking at a few things. "Knives are often quite cursed.... Masks... oh, yes. Masks are certainly prone to cursing." He looks around some more. "I'm sure I have a cursed mirror or two around here somewhere. And well, jewelry of all kinds pick up little bit of badness as often as they shine. I wouldn't recommend books if you want only a little bit of cursing. Books dearie, they tend to be very deeply cursed when they are. They really do love to commit to a theme books do." He looks around a bit more, "Clothing tends to be more annoyance cursing than interesting. I wouldn't recommend those either if you're looking for something.... interesting."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Steam nods fervantly, signaling the shopkeep to keep on the line for something...interesting.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:59 pm

After getting a few more words from Steam about what she's looking for, the shopkeep presents a few masks.
The first is a bone dia de los muertes style mask (white with black and red features, maybe yellow too if you want some flowers on it).
The second is something similar, but more of a domino mask and it's black with white features.
The third is a mask that resembles a five legged starfish with it's arms rotation clockwise and it has three lenses made of yellow quartz.
The fourth is a half-mask that resembles an bird (it has a short bill) that is mostly made from dark green, dark blue, brown, and white feathers.
The fifth is a wooden mask that is all gnarled and twisted and appears to have several holes, but has a main one in the center that has an obsidian lens.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:58 pm

"Don't buy cursed goods Steam," Ketha mutters, knowing her advice would likely go unheeded. At least it'd be unlikely for their slavers to want to take cursed items off them. She glances at the handiwork of the knives, and inspects the large decorated egg...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Steam
"But they're so cool! Don't you think I could pull this off?" She holds the skull mask up adjacent to her face, excited for Ketha's opinion.
"Not crazy about that one that looks like it'd just bind to my face and be a bad time," She nods towards the gnarled wooden mask, "But a couple of these are so stylish. Ooh, like this one!" She holds up the domino mask for additional comparison.
I drew the masks whoops:

Last edited by quietkal on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:40 pm

The knives are mostly ceremonial or for purposes other than stabbing people. The egg is a bit heavier than Ketha was expecting.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:47 pm

"I like your face more without the cursed masks," answers Ketha, glancing away from the egg towards Steam showing the facial wear off. She then points to the egg and asks the shopkeep "What kind of egg is this?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:53 pm

The shopkeep cackles as if Ketha had just told a very amusing joke and then says, "The person who sold it to me didn't know. They found it deep deep deeeeeeeep down. They said it rose out of a deep blue waters so blue they stained skin."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Steam blushes a little and sets the masks down, before leaning past the shopkeep to show jazz hands at Ketha. "Mystery egg!" She grins immensely, holding the pose for a moment before continuing past to look at some other goods in the store, perhaps some kind of wrist bangle.
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:17 am

Steam finds the following without looking too hard....

A pair of medium thickness golden bangles adorned with deep red stones (stones as in rocks, not gems) and short embossed lines of silver between each of the stones.

A single thick bone bangle with jade beads (the pieces of the bangle are attached by the jade so it clacks a bit).

A pair of thin bangles apparently made of unmelting ice with a pattern of circles atop circle overlapping.

A single thin bangle of platinum with ivy wrapped around it.

A pair of thick amber bangles with a tiny fish in one and a moth in the other. If you look at them for a bit you notice the fish and moth move through the bangles very slowly.

A single medium thickness bangle of pink coral studded with amethyst.

A pair of thin black bangles. One has X's made of small bones on it. The other is unadorned but has cracks spiderwebbing throughout.

A single thin iron bangle with a spiral pattern and three topazs evenly spaced out.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:25 am

Without questioning the cursed status of the accessories, as soon as Steam sees the coral bangle she quickly puts it onto her wrist and excitedly waves it about, admiring the coral object. "How did you get this one???"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:29 am

"Oh just the usual dearie. An explorer found it and brought it in to sell so they could purchase more mundane equipment so they could go out and find more things to come back here and sell." he replies. He smiles, "It might not have an interesting story that came with it's sale, but it's pretty nonetheless yes?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Steam nods emphatically before continuing her investigation of the bangles, touching the ice bangles to see if they're really ice. She picks up the ivy bangle and walks back over to Ketha, holding up the bangle vaguely near the dragonborn's arm, attempting to determine if it's a good look. "So, what's the priceline on these treats? Or do you angle for something other than gold?"
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:04 am

The ice bangle is certainly ice or at least incredibly like ice. Though it's more cool than cold if it's touching you for more than a few seconds. It's still ice cold when you initially pick it up though.

"Well coin of any kind is fine. Or trade. Or other things if you can think of something interesting. There's no set price though dearie. Just name what you feel the item is worth and I'm sure you'll get a fair deal." the shopkeep replies.

((So yeah, you guys name the prices and afterwards I figure out what you actually bought. Do keep in mind magical items of any real use that aren't cursed or problematic in some way are worth at least a few hundred gold and continue on up to well over a hundred thousand gold.))

((Edit: Reminder, you're getting a 10% discount on anything you purchase in the city. In this case it'd be easier to name the total amount of money you're trading for items and refund yourselves the 10% afterwards.))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Steam thinks for a moment about what sort of things she has with her might be worth trading, before the Lockand comes to mind as a valuable object. Interested in finding its brethren, she asks, "Oh! Do you have any keys for trade?" She pulls out her magic key and flourishes it. "I'm trying to find the rest of a set."
Perception:
quietkal
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:28 pm

The shopkeep looks at the Lockand for just a moment, his eyebrows raise in surprise, and then he starts laughing quite loudly. After he stops he says, "No no. I'm afraid not dearie. I wouldn't fret if I were you. I'm sure there are more that go with your key there that you could find somewhere down here. Though I couldn't say where." And with this he cackles some more.

Steam notices out of the corner of her eye that one of the guards looks surprised at the sight of the Lockand and furrows their brows for a few seconds while staring at it.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next