Makara IC

Page 6 of 44 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:10 pm

"Ye gods, it looks like something the hunting dogs spit up! The tomes failed to properly portray how repulsive these creatures are!"

She cries in, only partially feigned, disgust when she gets a good look at the large jelly before quickly shaking herself out of it quickly chanting a spell to heal the wounded ranger. After the second failed attempt from the smaller creature to attack her she draws the short sword from its place at her hip, though she makes no attempt to close on the disgusting thing.

Stuff:
Using Vicious Mockery on the Ochre Jelly
3+5=8 healing from Healing word on Parveth.
Draw my short sword just in case, otherwise not moving from where I am.


Last edited by Dr Blight on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 350
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:18 pm

The Ochre Jelly tries to hit Ketha again, but she easily deflects the blow. (Failed save and took 4 damage from Vicious Mockery.)

The Gray Ooze frozen in place by Steam's attack moves glacially slowly in Steam and Parveth's direction, getting closer by about two inches.


Ochre Jelly attacks Ketha and misses.

Gray Ooze 1 does nothing.


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Ochre Jelly (M&N 5&6): 11
Gray Ooze 1 (T4): 7

Info
Parveth: 17/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: 21/31 HP
Adelinde: 24/24 HP
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Parveth
With a nod to Adelinde, she says, "Thank you," before firing an arrow in something of the general vicinity of the large ochre jelly. "Steam, can you continue freezing that one?"
"The big one?"
Still feeling the fresh wound, Parveth snaps, "CONTINUE. So NO, NOT a new target."

Steam
"Alright jeez take it down a notch." With a twirl she pulls the quarterstaff out of her backpack before sliding it over to Ketha's feet. "That might work better. Also I'd like to be able to keep seeing," she says, before firing another chilling ray at the ooze.
Things:
Parveth shoots arrow at Ochre Jelly
(1) +7 = Auto-miss
1 arrow recoverable post-fight, 38 in quivers

Steam shoots Ray of Frost at T4 Gray Ooze
(18) +4 = 22
(4) Cold Damage
-10 speed until Steam's next turn
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:55 pm

As before, the Gray Ooze doesn't seem to take a lot of damage, but it continues to essentially be unable to move.

The other one continues to fail to hit Adelinde, even with her focus split on other tasks.


Gray Ooze 1 resisted the damage from Steam's attack.

Gray Ooze 2 missed Adelinde


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Ochre Jelly (M&N 5&6): 11
Gray Ooze 1 (T4): 7 (-10 speed)

Info
Parveth: 17/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: 21/31 HP
Adelinde: 24/24 HP
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:00 am

Ketha, having deflected the blow successful, makes a grab for Steam's quarterstaff, dropping the torch where it previously was, and uses it to strike again...

(Attack: 16 (Roll) + 4 (Strength) + 2 (Proficiency) = 22)
(Damage: 3 (Roll) + 4 (Strength) = 7 (7 Bludgeon)
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 823
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:56 am

Adelinde sheathes the sword after dodging the attack and pulls out her lyre, strumming it once before going into a wordless song that's both fast paced and emotional, yet somehow comes across as slightly mocking.

Stuff:
Using Vicious Mockery on Ooze 2 and Bardic inspiration on Ketha.

Vicious Mockery roll is 3 if the ooze fails.

Ketha has one 1d6 inspiration die to use for various things.

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 350
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:43 pm

The Ochre Jelly lurches and bears down on Ketha with almost it's entire mass, slamming down on her like a tidal wave before receding back, leaving Ketha lying unconscious on the ground.

The Gray Ooze continues to inch it's way forward.


Ochre Jelly attacks Ketha and scores a critical hit. Dealing 18 bludgeoning damage & 5 acid damage for a total of 23 damage.

Gray Ooze 1 continues to do nothing.


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16 (mockery)
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Ochre Jelly (M&N 5&6): 11
Gray Ooze 1 (T4): 7

Info
Parveth: 17/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: -2/31 HP
Adelinde: 24/24 HP
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Parveth
Seeing the dragonborn drop, the wood elf quickly moves around to the far side of the ochre jelly, exchanging her longbow for a shortsword in left hand and a dagger in her right. "Adelinde, raise Ketha if you could!" She whirls both blades into the blob once she gets into position.

Steam
"Hey! Get off of her!" The water genasi moves a bit closer to the wall, and ignites a section of the Ochre Jelly near Ketha, leaving the gray ooze to its own devices for the moment.

Things:
Parveth moves from P3 to L5, de-equips longbow, and begins dual-wielding her shortsword and dagger.
Swortsword attack:
(10) +5 = 15 To Hit
(1) +3 = 4 Piercing Damage

Dagger attack:
(17) +5 = 22 To Hit
(3) = 3 Piercing Damage

Steam moves from Q4 to P3.
She casts Create Bonfire on N5. Ochre Jelly attempts a (14) Dex Save or takes 1d8 fire damage.
If a creature enters N5 or ends its turn there, it also must attempt that save with the same consequences.


Last edited by quietkal on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:27 pm

The Ochre Jelly writhes as it burns. Meanwhile the Gray Ooze apparently was offended enough by Adelinde to finally land a blow.


Ochre Jelly fails save and takes 8 fire damage.

Gray Ooze 2 attacks Adelinde and hits for 3 bludgeoning damage & 9 acid damage for a total of 12 damage. (I didn't forget it had disadvantage.)


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Ochre Jelly (M&N 5&6): 11
Gray Ooze 1 (T4): 7

Info
Parveth: 17/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: -2/31 HP
Adelinde: 12/24 HP
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:09 am

Adelinde shrieks in pain when the ooze finally hits her and bites back a curse when the larger one drops the dragonborn. She continues her song from before, altering the melody slightly to be somewhat more angry as she blends in a short chant as if it were naturally lyrics.

Stuff:
4+5=9 healing to Ketha.
2 damage to Ooze 2 from vicious mockery

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 350
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:01 pm

As Ketha snaps back into consciousness, not exactly remembering what happened, she picks herself off the ground quickly, bringing the quarterstaff and shield up once more. With a vigorous roar, she swings once more at the large jelly...

(Second Wind: 3 (Roll) + 3 (Fighter Level) = 6)
(Attack Roll: 12 (Roll) + 4 (Strength) + 2 (Proficiency) = 18)
(Damage Roll: 4 (Roll) + 4 (Strength) = 8)
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 823
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:12 pm

The Ochre Jelly retreats from the fire and attempt to put Ketha down again, but Ketha dodges pretty easily knowing where it's not likely to attack (through the fire).

The previously frozen Grey Ooze seizes upon it's opportunity to get close to the delicious looking metal thing that is Ketha.


Ochre Jelly moves from M&N 5&6 to M&N 6&7 and attacks Ketha and misses.

Gray Ooze one Dashes to P4.


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16 (mockery)
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Ochre Jelly (M&N 6&7): 11
Gray Ooze 1 (P4): 7

Info
Parveth: 17/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: 13/31 HP
Adelinde: 12/24 HP
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Parveth
The wood elf continues jabbing at the large ooze, intent on taking the behemoth out as quickly as possible. Which she apparently does with her next strike. Somewhat surprised herself, she hops back a bit to get a line on the grey ooze near Steam. For shooting at it next turn or something.

Steam
"Aww what? They don't just hang out inside fire? Lame." The cerulean lady dismisses the flames with a sweep of her hand, before striking the ooze in front of her with her hand. An electric charge zaps the creature, which usually seizes up muscles but given its composition who really knows how it interacts. "Now'd be the time to move away from it if you're going to, Ketha." She casually strolls around the creature to be next to Adelinde in illustration of her point.

Things:
Parveth doing the dual wield attacks again.
Shortsword:
(17) +5 = 22 To Hit
(1) +3 = 4 Piercing damage

Dagger:
(7) +5 = 12 To Hit
(4) = 4 Piercing damage, if it hits

She moves to J4 after the Ochre gets slain.

Steam stops concentrating on Create Bonfire, and uses Shocking Grasp on P4 Grey Ooze.
Touch Attack:
(14) +6 = 20 To Hit

(4) Lightning damage. P4 Grey Ooze can't take reactions until the start of its turn.
Steam moves around to P5.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:11 pm

The Ochre Jelly finally loses too much mass to maintain itself and just flows to the ground as slowly dissolving puddle of smelly acidic goo.

The Gray Ooze battling with Adelinde narrowly misses her with another attack.


Ochre Jelly died.

Gray Ooze attacks Adelinde and misses.


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16 (mockery)
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Gray Ooze 1 (P4): 7 (can't use reaction)

Info
Parveth: 17/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: 13/31 HP
Adelinde: 12/24 HP
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Ketha, glad that the jelly is gone, takes Steam's advice and dashes across the room. Once she was safe, she launches a firebolt at the ooze attacking Adelinde...

(Moved from O5 to J6)
(Firebolt Roll (Ooze Q7): 17 (Roll) + 2 (Int) + 2 (Prof) = 21)
(Damage Roll: 5 (Roll) + 5 (Bardic Knowledge Die) = 10)
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 823
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:29 pm

The fire doesn't seem to hurt the ooze as much as Ketha thought it should have.


Gray Ooze 2 resisted the damage.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Adelinde continues to play her song.

Stuff:
2 damage from Vicious Mockery if Ooze 2 fails its save.

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 350
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Steam manages to dodge out of the way of the ooze's attack. It seems like for now it's focused on her rather than Ketha and her delicious armor and weapons.


Gray Ooze 2 failed save.

Gray Ooze 1 attacks Steam and misses.


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16 (mockery)
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Gray Ooze 1 (P4): 7

Info
Parveth: 17/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: 13/31 HP
Adelinde: 12/24 HP
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Parveth
Not wanting to melt her weapons on the ooze, the wood elf switches back again to the longbow. She fires a surprisingly on par shot.

Steam
"Nice shot!" Steam strolls to the open side of the room, before firing a red burst of energy into the remaining ooze.
Meta:
Parveth fires an arrow at P4 Grey Ooze
(3) +7 = 10 To Hit
(7) +3 = 10 Piercing Damage
1 arrows recoverable, 37 in quivers

Steam fires eldritch blast into the thing
(6) +4 = 10 To Hit
(7) +4 = 11 Force Damage
On KO'ing the ooze, she gets 7 temp hp
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:41 pm

The oozes splatter nearly simultaneously and don't re-form or do anything but start to slowly dissolve. The combat is over. A torch lays on the ground where Ketha dropped it.


Everyone gains 163 XP each (I rounded up even though normally you round down and that's going to be my policy). Please actually note your current XP and your XP to next level on your character sheet in the appropriate boxes in you haven't already. Should be 1063 and 2700 respectively (not gonna did this every time, so again please write this stuff down).
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:34 pm

When the two oozes go down, Ketha scans the room for any more threats. Not seeing any, she relaxes on the wall behind her. "Good work," compliments Ketha to the rest of the group before sliding down the wall to a sitting position and resting a hand at where the Jelly had hit her hardest when it crushed her...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 823
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Parveth
The wood elf nods, satisfied, and goes to scavenge the arrow she'd missed with earlier. Finding it seemingly intact, picks it up, where it reveals itself to be snapped in the middle. Parveth stares at it for a moment, before she tosses it aside with disgust. She paces about the room a bit.

Steam
"Got 'em! Nice job with the song, Adelinde!" The water genasi gives the tiefling a friendly pat on the back before skipping over to Ketha, slumping down next to her cheerily when she gets there.
"And nice job to you! Taking on the big one by yourself! Well, I mean we were all there, but wow you really took a punch." She pats the dragonborn on the shoulder gently. "You doing alright?" The black-red leather tome reappears in her other hand.

Healing & Magic:
Parveth: (6) +(4) +1 = 11.
Little early, but...eh. I can roll later when the thing actually happens instead.

Steam rituals Detect Magic.
12 (+2) when prodded to make a roll regarding it.
11 for Con check following that. Hmmm.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:05 am

Steam discerns that while there is nothing actually in the room that is magical, there is a lot of magic flowing through the room. The "faint" auras she should be seeing almost completely block her vision for as long as she concentrates on the spell and she also has a mild headache for the duration. She picks up what she's seeing as every single school of magic and some parts are none. She believes she's seeing a lot of very large spells and magical effects that blanket the entirety of Kelfas or at least large areas of it. She can't really tell what any of it is doing thanks in part to the stone walls and floor blocking her magical senses and the enormity and complexity of what she's seeing. Based on the behavior of the auras she thinks some of the spells and magical effects are behaving in ways they shouldn't be, though she can't really pick up exactly how and why is pretty well beyond her capabilities right now, especially since that would require her to be able of focusing on just one and right now they're sort of all superimposed upon each other.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:29 am

"I'm fine," replies Ketha as she rubs her sore areas, "Is everyone else okay?"
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 823
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:19 am

Parveth
"I will be fine." The wood elf sighs and stops pacing, before sitting down crosslegged near the middle of the room. "A short rest might be in order though, before we continue on. It might be worth exploring through the doors for potential artifacts. Steam, I assume you are already checking, let us know when you see something."

Steam
The water genasi gives a 'mm-hmm,' and waves the book in display to Parveth as she continues focusing on the spell. Steam waggles her feet happily as sits next to the dragonborn.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 44 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum