Makara IC

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:29 am

"I originally come from an island, a fairly large one granted but still a somewhat isolated community, so I can't really speak say much about how my case relates to the outside world. That being said back home, aside from myself and other particularly well read and scholarly individuals I honestly don't think anyone else likely even knew about the existence of your people in general."

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Ketha glances Steam's hand. She doesn't remove it, but it doesn't stop her from taking another drink...

"People know Lolth is a goddess of the fae, domain of lies, shadows, and spiders. They pray in such matters, but I have seen neither shrine nor priest."
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:38 pm

"Priestess. Lolth only has priestesses, no priests. Keep that in mind so you don't wind up accidentally upsetting any." Zarethria corrects.

At this point the younger scholar comes back with the money and slides four heavy coin purses full of 75 platinum coins and two coin purses filled with 75 gold coins halfway across the table to the group and waits expectantly for the promises five sets of potions.

Zarethria seems to think for a moment then says, "Well I think that's all the questions I have for now. I shall meet with the other Councilors shortly. But before I go, I have a gift for you." At this point she signals one of her guards and they nod and leave the room for a moment. You can hear them say something to someone else outside of the room, but you can't make out what. Then the guard returns to the room.

There is a bit of a wait where you presumably exchange coins for potions. By the time you're done shuffling things around in and out of packs, a servant comes in carrying something in a rectangular bronze box and places it on the table before Zarethria. Zarethria produces a key and unlocks the box and opens it up, revealing an incredibly fancy looking quiver. As she takes it out of the box, it appears to have three separate compartments. She gets up and carries it over to Parveth and hands it to her saying, "In thanks for you and your companions' assistance and in good will, cousin." She then goes and sits back down and says, "I hope you shall find it useful. It is a magical item that weighs the same no matter how much you store in it and can store quite a bit more than it looks like it can. In addition, if you fold out the compartments and lay it flat you will find that it becomes an enchanted board game. I'm afraid I cannot tell you the rules to the game as apparently it's magic requires any players to have been to Kelfas and none here ever have aside from yourselves. I do know that the name of the game translated into Common is Elf Chess. Perhaps you will play a game or so while I am off attending the council. I'm afraid you will have to entertain yourselves for a matter of time as I will have to get permission for you to walk through the city without my accompanying you." And with that, she goes to leave and two of her guards go with her.

Assuming nobody stops her, she does and then the scholars ask a variety of small detail questions I'm not going to waste our time going into. It takes about fifteen minutes before they're done and excuse themselves. At which point you are left alone in the room. Aside from two guards and a servant who stands waiting in case you wish for anything.

((Whoever is handling the money/stuff for the group, don't forget to add the money and remove the potions. If you're carrying the potions individually on your sheets, make sure the have the appropriate people remove them. So like... try and coordinate that I guess, don't just assume it's occurred and leave a mess of "why do I have these potions" for sometime later when everyone has forgotten this particular exchange.))

Parveth:

You actually recognize this general type of magical quiver. Though you've never had one, you've seen a few before. It also appears better than the other ones. As if they were poor mimicry of this type or as if this were an improvement upon them.

Each of the quiver's three compartments connects to an extradimensional space that allow the Quiver to hold numerous items while never weighing more than 2 pounds. Each compartment can hold up to sixty arrows, bolts, or similar objects OR up to eighteen javelins or similar objects OR hold up to six long objects, such as bows, quarterstaffs, or spears. Or some reasonable mixture of such use of storage like thirty arrows and three spears.

You can draw any item the Quiver contains as if doing so from a regular Quiver or scabbard.

As far as the board game goes... you'd have to try it out to learn more about that. But make sure you note it can do so in some way when you write it down on your sheet. Maybe name it Elf Chess Quiver or something like that.
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Steam & Parveth
Steam gives Ketha a friendly smile when the dragonborn eyes her hand. She gently pats Ketha's arm before returning her hand to herself and taking a small sip from her cup of water.

As Zarethria finishes explaining the quiver, the wood elf raises the gift slightly and inclines her head in gratitude. "You are too kind, Lesser Councilor."
She sets the quiver aside for later inspection rather than immediately futz with it.

After the lesser councilor has left and the group is alone with the scholars, Parveth finds an appropriate moment to posit, "If I could ask something of you, how is it you speak...this language? Have you had other contact with the surface in recent centuries?"

((Potion situation should be: Parveth, Ketha, and Adelinde each have an antidote; Steam has a darksight potion and an antidote.))
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:28 pm

"No, though we once did upon a time and those of with significant education or having professions involving a lot of trade know it in case we might come across those from the surface or those who don't fall into the norms for the Underdark and might speak it. Also many of the slaves in Malnibonae do. And thus so do their masters so their slaves cannot speak in secret. And thus so must we so that those of Malnibonae may not in turn speak in secret in our presence." the elder scholar explains.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: