Makara IC

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Ketha does not say anything. She merely enters the tunnel as well, testing to see if she's able to send any messages to her familiar as she does so...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 821
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:32 am

Ketha's familiar is more than 100 feet away and out of telepathy range.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:51 am

Steam
The genasi backs up a bit more from the dragonborn and gives a loud 'harumph,' before casting Create Bonfire within her reach, lighting a torch on the blaze when it alights. "There's a magic word called 'please' you can use!" She calls to the dragonborn after her torch lights, and, assuming they and the other guard would make another move toward them, immediately quick-steps away from them into the hole, towards Parveth. Quieter she says to the wood elf, "That goes for you too."

Parveth
The wood elf covers her head with her arms as she tumbles down the hill, trying to prevent any substantial injury. Once she catches herself, she quickly gets to her feet and draws her cutlass, casting a look about the tunnel for any unexpected surprises. She returns a sharp "Sure, let's just light them on fire why don't we," to Steam, as she makes a mental note of those particular guards moving to her list of 'lesser revenge targets.'
Perception:
Parveth for looking at the tunnel:
(14) +5 = 19
Steam's going to be more focused on whether the guards continue in after them after the thing. I can roll for that if you want.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:15 am

The dragonborn rolls his eyes. The half-orc looks to the dragonborn and says, sounding pretty confused, "Please not magic word. Said please lot. Never do any magic." The dragonborn gives an exasperated sigh.

The tunnel looks to be mostly dirt and rock, not hard clay or stone. There aren't any roots or such, but they probably wouldn't reach down this far as even 30 feet in she's probably already 15 feet or so underground and there weren't any big plants around the building. She doesn't hear the sounds of anything large moving around. Or see anything large moving around either. The acoustics in this tunnel aren't good enough for her to hear anything a long ways away. She does notice a small rocks she dislodged as she got up continue rolling down into the darkness past where she can see. She does find a few roly polies though.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:20 am

Adelinde frowns, clenching her fists as she goes down into the hole muttering angrily about thugs in infernal.

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 348
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:26 am

((You guys going to talk while you walk or just walk until something happens worth me making a post about? If the former just go ahead and post, if the later just let me know.))
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Steam & Parveth
The genasi flinches slightly at Parveth's snap, dismissing her bonfire with a slightly sad wave of her hand as she sees that the others have declined it.

Satisfied there is not an immediate threat, the wood elf sheaths her weapon again. "Steam, light the way if you would." The genasi looks a bit shocked, before realizing what Parveth intends. "Oh, uh, sure." Steam conjures a bonfire at the edge of her vision, and as they walk dissipates it when they reach it, conjuring a new one as far as she can see and repeating the process as they go.

The genasi moves about the group a lot as they walk through the tunnel, skipping between people in the group as she talks. "Never been in a tunnel quite like this before. I mean, I've been underground, and in hallways, and on stairs, and down slides, but usually those are made of stone and constructed or far away or we know what's at the bottom of it and it's a lot of fun going down. Anvil has a lot of tunnels. Well, they're alleys, I guess, which are kind of like tunnels but they don't have tops. You probably know what alleys are. We spent some time in Anvil before heading here; it's where Parveth and I met actually!" The wood elf mutters something under her breath, but Steam doesn't pay it much mind.
"Anvil sure was a lot of fun, lotta taverns there, whoof! But coming here with Parveth's been pretty fun too. Well, I mean, the trip down was pretty fun, before we got to Kelfas. And then we...uh...found the other hole." Steam then pauses for long enough that the other group members could get a word in edge-wise if they wanted.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:59 pm

"You have many words to say," comments Ketha, as she walks and continues to attempt to get a connection with Mibis...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 821
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Steam
"Oh, well sure! I'm not a big fan of silence, and Parveth's...uhhhhhh." Parveth turns around and stops walking for a moment, staring at the genasi flat-faced and waiting for her to finish her statement. "UHHHHHHHHHHHH kind of a jerk?"

Parveth stares at her for a moment longer, sighs a little, but continues to walk without a word. "See? She usually thinks things pretty well through before talking, whereas I just kinda rush forward and then things work out for me. Like how she's not shooting me with arrows right now!"
"I will deal with you when, and even if, we have a short break after resolving the Boar's insect issue."

Steam seems strangely triumphant about this declaration from Parveth. "And until that time, I shall remain arrow unridden! It's the perfect plan!," she says with a grandiose laugh.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:44 am

The tiefling of the group merely observes her surroundings for a while as she follows the others deeper, waiting until they're fairly far from the entrance.

"So... seeing as how this tunnel seems to be fairly steep already, anyone here have a plan for getting back out if it gets much more so?"

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 348
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:11 pm

To Steam, Ketha replies "A rushing bull should be careful not to trip."

To Adelinde, Ketha replies "Were you not given climbing gear?"
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 821
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Steam
The genasi moves close to Ketha, responding as she skips. "Ah, but a bull is large and clumsy. I am nimble and cute, and like water flowing in a stream I can dance around what a bull must force its way through." She watches Ketha with an excited smile, eagerly awaiting the dragonborn's response.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:59 pm

At this point in time the group was rounding a sharp bend which would take them under the part of the tunnel they had been traveling upon. As such at that moment the group had to rely on Steam's torch as they probably didn't want to walk through one of her bonfires. As Steam skipped, her landing was tripped up by a rock and as she fell she grabbed onto Ketha who also fell due to being pulled suddenly off-balance. As they hit the ground it suddenly collapsed underneath them and the group fell down this new hole. Before they really knew what had happened, they'd already hit the ground. They didn't fall far enough to get any serious injuries, but there's certainly the possibility someone banged their knee against the ground or hit their funny bone. The torch that had fallen a few feet away illuminated the chamber they had fallen into. It looked to be about 60 feet long and 25 feet wide and 8 feet tall (except for the large hole in what had been half of the ceiling). The chamber is made of stone, though this clearly wasn't the first structural damage it had suffered as one of the corners of the room had collapsed and dirt and rock had spilled in and filled part of it. On the other side of the room is a set of stone doors.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Ketha picks herself up off the ground and offers a hand to Steam. "Even water in the stream will hit the occasional watermill," she responds...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 821
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Steam
The genasi gives a genuine laugh and accepts the dragonborn's hand, pulling herself up. "Watermill's what you went with? Waterfall was practically perfectly set up! Follows water dancing around rocks and involves the water dragging whatever's nearby down with it!"
She stands to her full height, more than a foot shorter than the dragonborn, and noticing the difference in their builds takes a moment to look Ketha up and down. With a hint of awe she says, "Whoa. I bet you're a really good snuggler."
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:34 pm

"Waterfall is natural. Watermill..." Ketha pauses and looks around the room the group find themselves in as she offers a hand to Adelinde next, "...Not so much." She does not respond to the second comment. She wouldn't know anything about how good her snuggling is to confirm or correct Steam's theory...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 821
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Steam
Steam watches Ketha for a moment longer, gives a quiet 'hmm,' before inspecting the room around them herself. She then pulls out a book bound in black-red leather, flips through it a bit, and begins ritual casting Detect Magic.

Parveth
The wood elf gets up slowly, wiping the dirt off herself as she stands and looks up the hole. "Everyone all right?"
(Anything look like it could catch a hook and hold weight for climbing up?)

She looks over and notices Steam starting her spell, and says, "Steam, we don't have time for that." "Would you like another hole filled with surprises for our newfound friends?"
Parveth doesn't reply; she just silently investigates the area they've found themselves in.
Investigation:
Parveth:
(10) +4 = 14
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Places a grappling hook could catch on: The part of the tunnel before the bend where they fell down from & the edge of the other half of the ceiling for this room.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Dr Blight on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:09 am

Adelinde screams as she falls, but is quickly cut off when she lands with a thud. "thank you..." she says accepting Ketha's help up.

Looking around for a moment at her new surroundings she sighs in frustration.

" ...so, just to get an idea, does anyone here actually want to help these people?"

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 348
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:41 am

Parveth notices the room has a bit of clutter in it aside from just the dirt and rocks from the collapsed corner and the dirt and stone from the collapsed ceiling they fell through. Mostly this is broken bits of clay or stone. Oddly the room otherwise looks unusually clean, lacking even cobwebs. The stonework in places looks odd, like it used to have some features that might have been shelves or such but looks not quite like it was worn away, but like it had melted or something like that. The next thing she sees explains the previous ones. From under the dirt and rocks from the collapsed corner she spots a pair of oozes crawl out, as well as one on the ceiling above Ketha. She calls out a warning and Ketha barely managed to dodge the ooze dropping down completely on top and engulfing her.


Knowledge check results: Everyone knows that these are all oozes. They also know the ones on the right side are Gray Oozes and the one on the left is an Ochre Jelly. All of them know that Gray Oozes have the following ability, which was why they weren't immediately spotted (well that and nat 20's on stealth checks) and that most oozes have resistance or immunity to acid and can squeeze through very small spaces.

False Appearance
While the ooze remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from an oily pool or wet rock.

Steam and Ketha know Gray Oozes have the following ability:
Corrode Metal
Any non magical weapon made of metal that hits the ooze corrodes. After dealing damage, the weapon takes a permanent and cumulative -1 penalty to damage rolls. If its penalty drops to -5, the weapon is destroyed. Non magical ammunition made of metal that hits the ooze is destroyed after dealing damage. The ooze can eat through 2-inch-thick, non magical metal in 1 round.

Steam and Ketha know Ochre Jellies have the following abilities:
Spider Climb
The jelly can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.

Split
When a jelly that is Medium or larger is subjected to lightning or slashing damage, it splits into two new jellies if it has at least 10 hit points. Each new jelly has hit points equal to half the original jelly's, rounded down. New jellies are one size smaller than the original jelly.


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Ochre Jelly (M&N 5&6): 11
Gray Ooze 1 (T5): 7

Info
Parveth: 25/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: 31/31 HP
Adelinde: 24/24 HP

Because of the results of Perception and Stealth checks there is a surprise round before round 1. The participants are Parveth and the oozes. Parveth goes first.


Here is the battle map we'll be using: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BHLOaYQTdmGXLsBB3H4JdvgbZ79ivpoR5xThwk80zB8/edit#gid=0

When you guys aren't in combat I'll revoke access to it so you guys don't know when/if I'm planning a combat and what's in it before you actually should.

You can move your characters around by just typing in their name into the square you're moving them to and deleting their name from the other square. If the name color/background color thing doesn't work.... don't worry about it, it can be a bit fiddly (I just stole this from another game so I don't actually know how this coding stuff works here, just that it's pretty easy to change the names/colors). To make sure we avoid weird issues, please note what square your characters moved to and from in that order if they move. You can also move the monster pictures around if you need to. So try not to do that on accident if you don't. If you guys want little pictures for your characters instead of text just send me something, I even have a tool for making the pictures into little "tokens" like the Ochre Jelly picture. Though I haven't actually used it before so no promises. Also keep in mind anything too zoomed out like a full body picture probably won't be too easily visible at that size.

Go ahead and talk during combat if you like, though it'll be a lot less confusing for me if you guys aren't talking out of turn. And limit what you say to a sentence or two since each round is only six seconds long. I'll post the Initiative & Info stuff each time I make a post so you don't have to keep coming back to check this post.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:45 am

Parveth
Parveth quickly steps away from the ooze crawling out next to her, moving to the corner to try and bait the creature away from the others. She fires an arrow into the blob on getting to the corner.
Things:
Parveth moves from S5 to U3, triggers an AoO from the Grey Ooze in T5.
Longbow attack on T5 Grey Ooze: 15 to hit, 5 piercing damage if it strikes.
Arrow destroyed, 39 remaining in quivers.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:00 pm

As Parveth makes a hasty retreat into the corner, the Gray Ooze lashes out at her, hitting with a strike that burned more than it bruised. The arrow Parveth shot at it swiped a bit of it away before being dissolved. It then followed after her and struck out so clumsily Parveth barely had to move at all to evade it.

The Gray Ooze that oozes out at the dirt to attack Adelinde misses thanks to Parveth's warning. Not so much because Adelinde intentionally dodged, just because she moved to look and thus wasn't standing where the strike landed.

Thanks to Parveth's warning, Ketha does not wind up pinned underneath the Ochre Jelly, but it does still managed to slam down on her leg painfully (for Ketha) as it fell.


AoO on Parveth from Gray Ooze 1 hit for 5 bludgeoning damage & 11 acid damage for a total of 16 damage.

Gray Ooze 2 misses it's attack on Adelinde.

Ochre Jelly hits Ketha for 8 bludgeoning damage & 2 acid damage for a total of 10 damage.

Gray Ooze 1 moves from T5 to T4 and misses it's attack on Parveth.


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Ochre Jelly (M&N 5&6): 11
Gray Ooze 1 (T4): 7

Info
Parveth: 9/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: 21/31 HP
Adelinde: 24/24 HP

Parveth's go again.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  quietkal on Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:11 pm

Parveth
The wood elf focuses wholly on dodging out of the corner and over behind Steam, expecting to have been able to dodge the grey blob's touch initially. A few elvish curses can be heard under her breath as she gets back.
(Disengage, move to P3)

Steam
With a gasp, the genasi notices her friend in a stick situation with one of the blobs and with a "Watch out!" hits it with a ray of frost after Parveth escaped the corner.
Stuff:
Ray of Frost on Gray Ooze in T4:
(11) +4 = 15 to hit
(3) Cold damage
That Gray Ooze loses 10' of speed until Steam's next turn.


Last edited by quietkal on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 700
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Steam's attack seems to do very little damage to the Grey Ooze, but it does seem to be frozen in place.

The other Grey Ooze continues to attack Adelinde and this time just barely fails to land a blow.


Gray Ooze 1 resisted the damage.

Gray Ooze 2 attacks Adelinde and misses.


Initiative
Parveth: 19
Steam: 18
Gray Ooze 2 (Q7): 16
Ketha: 14
Adelinde: 13
Ochre Jelly (M&N 5&6): 11
Gray Ooze 1 (T4): 7 (-10 speed)

Info
Parveth: 9/25 HP
Steam: 24/24 HP
Ketha: 21/31 HP
Adelinde: 24/24 HP

Ketha's turn.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:34 pm

"Care for your weapons lest the ooze corrodes them!" Ketha calls out as she puts her greatsword away and draws her shield. Knowing better than to slash at the jelly in front of her, she looks around for the torch. She quickly reaches to grab it and swings it at the large creature...

(Attack: 10 (Roll) + 4 (Strength) + 2 (Proficiency) = 16)
(Damage: 3 (Roll) + 4 (Strength) = 7 (3 Fire and 4 Bludgeon)
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 821
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Makara IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum