Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hum's in the Dark

4 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hum's in the Dark - Page 3 Empty Re: Hum's in the Dark

Post  Ramsus Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 am

"Oh, you mean this?" Naomi pats the hoverchair and gives a bitter smile. "Had a mining accident a while back, my legs healed up fine, but there were.... complications. The details are a bit.... beyond me. Other than that, I've just always wanted to travel the stars and fortunately my family back on Aflengarl encouraged me to learn enchanting." she replies honestly, though leaving a lot of the important details of her life story out.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:32 am

"Uh huh..." Garnesh remarks, thinking for a bit. "Well, I guess I better explain myself. You see, I wear this mask because of a rather nasty scar left on me by a member of the Nix-Pax back in the Starfire war. I was working as a field medic at the time and... Well... They wanted to send a message, apparently. It's a rather gruesome sight, so I prefer to cover it up rather than show it off to shock the galaxy." He chuckles a bit. Verasha shrugs. "Oh, these?" She asks, adjusting her glasses. "They have an interface in them that helps a bit with my work. I don't really need them, but they're nice to have."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:28 am

Naomi gives an understanding "Aah" in reply to Versasha and replies to Garnesh, "You were actually in the Starfire War? Cor the stories you must have. Hope ye'll bend me ear with a few of em during the long bits." accidentally dropping her false persona momentarily in her excitement. She hastily covers by saying, "Well, I guess we shouldn't hold the captain up standing out here chatting. I think I'll go find myself a room." and quickly spins her chair around and enters the ship.

Truthfully however, she's already pretty sure on which room she wants and she heads down the strange corridors with their platforms. She stops a bit after getting past the thrusters, but not all that far away from the bridge and even closer to the mess. Just a bit off the main corridor she rediscovers the entrance to the chosen room... straight overhead. Not that this presents any problem for her with her hoverchair. She presses a button to slide open the hatch and moments later it closes behind her as she examines the hexagonal room. There's the circular bed that can be raised above the floor and/or angled in various ways and the currently extended compartments that slide back into the floors, walls, and in one case the ceiling (one of which is even has programmable tiles so that it can be common things like a closet rack, bookshelf, or even a weapon's rack), the simple terminal (for coms, maps, alarms, cameras, etc.) on one of the walls, two thin re-positionable platforms hanging from the ceiling that can be lowered halfway to the floor, and the patterned black and silver tiles along the walls, floor, and ceiling with the dimmable multi-colored lights between them. (To help picture it, the lights are set into the spaces inbetween the tiles. The available colors are white, yellow, orange, greed, red, pink, purple, and black light is an option too for some inexplicable reason.) She notes the white light is set a bit too bright for her and messes a bit with the menus at the terminal and changes the lighting of the room to a somewhat dimmer red. Then she takes her few belongings from her bags (mostly clothes) and places them in the compartments, though she only ends up using two out of the six available. When she's done with that, she programs the one special compartment to a weapon's rack, even though she doesn't place any weapons on it at the time, and then she closes all the compartments. Already done unpacking and setting up the room within a few minutes she decides to take a bit more time to scroll threw the menus on the terminal and discovers nothing amazingly interesting, though she does end up setting a tiny cleaning robot to work in the room. Satisfied that if there's more to discover she can do so later, she exits her room to see what the others are up to... or at least to go examine the bridge barring that.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:23 am

Jos decides to go have a talk with his new crew members before they took flight. He ((Assuming he finds them easily)), walks up, and says, "Hey, new crew-members! I'm Josotox, your captain. Say, what brings you to this floating junk heap in the middle of space, anyway?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:55 pm

"The Whims of what ever being ye be sending your prayers to. Last ship I had he' pleasure o' serving' on got blasted t' bits. Leavin old me adrift." With that question answered Bl4K-B34RD heads to whatever room in the ship that is closest to a Mechanical Room and scouts out a space to call his own really just looking for a spot to put what ever trophies that may be taken and place to place a work bench for tinkering and repairing.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Jos finds Verasha exploring the ship, seeming to be looking for a lab of some sort. "Oh, hello! I was just looking for a place to work... But hey, I figure traveling on a space ship might lead to new discoveries and things to experiment on..." She says, seeming to almost drool a bit at the thought of experimenting on new things. "...When are we taking off again?"
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Jos leans on the wall and says, "I'm actually just getting final crew confirmations before take-off. But before that, I wanted to know more about my new crew, so I figure'd I would start with you."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:41 pm

"Oh, well..." She pauses for a while. "What do you want to know? I mean, there's nothing too remarkable I can think of off the top of my head..."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Jos says, "Just, y'know, where you're from, what you like to do, that kind of thing."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:23 am

Verasha starts to open her mouth, but then just... freezes in place, a familiar voice echoing to everyone on the ship.  Well, as much as I'd love to let you all share your backstories, there's somewhere I want you all to get to pretty soon. After all, nothing interesting goes on without a goal, right? The voice chuckles. I promise there's something in it for you, but you'll have to get there first. Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise now, would I?
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:27 am

Noami blurts out from her hiding spot around the corner, "But I wanted to hear her tale! Damn skysquid! Well, I guess you'd better take us out captain. Do you mind if I watch from the cockpit while we take off?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:32 pm

The robot give the closest thing it can to a quizzical expression. "The siren calling out telling us of a bounty but it it be with nary a course for us to sail. So what course Cappin ?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Jos scowls, then says, "I'm totally ready to take off, but it seems Our... benefactor here has a destination planned. You feel like telling us, or should we blindly stumble through hyperspace for your amusement?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:39 pm

The sound of something chuckling to itself fills the ship. "Well, you do seem to have learned a bit from our previous encounter, haven't you Jos? Don't worry, you'll end up there one way or another, I'll see to that, but the way you get there is entirely up to you. Feel free to explore if you want, wouldn't want to think you don't have freedom after all." The voice remarks. "So, do you want to go there now or later?"
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 am

"Let's get it over with. If we decide to go somewhere else the damn spaceghost will just interrupt us mid-funtimes to go to our dooms- I mean- to wherever." Noami says.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:03 am

Jos nods, and adds,I suppose I didn't have much of a plan in sight. "
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:52 am

Bl4K-B34RD crosses its arms."Aye there be not much to be much doing so be doing it now."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm

"Ah, straight to the point! Excellent." The voice says, before you can feel a strange sort of energy enveloping the ship. "There's something I need you all to do there and... Well, I'm pretty sure all of you know about it already." The voice chuckles again and you can feel the ship start to move, slowly at first but quickly gaining enough speed to reach wherever they need to go soon. "Just know that after this... Things are going to get a lot more interesting for all of you." It says, before slowly fading away while laughing.

The ship is still in flight, you all estimate that you have a bit to talk or explore the ship or what have you before you arrive, but from the sounds of it when you arrive there's going to be things you'll have to prepare for.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:07 pm

After watching the stars sail past for a bit, Noami goes and begins working on enchanting the ship to produce air.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 am

Jos walks to the captain's chair and pretends to steer, clearly trying to impress Noami.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:42 am

Bl4K-B34RD attempts to gather any data on their destination.

Roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Naomi manages to finish the enchantment without any problems, except for maybe Jos exaggerating his piloting and trying to show that he is most definitely in control and absolutely knows where they're going. Meanwhile, Bl4K-B34RD manages to find the ship's planetary scanner and finds out with a combination of the scanner and his personal data-banks that they're going to Verack, a slum planet that's been known for it's... Shall we say, frowned upon customs. Surprisingly not a lot of crime in this planet, but there are definitely strange sights and occurrences and it's not somewhere you want to be outside after dark. There have been reports of strange things in the dark, after all...

After a time of doing nothing, your ship lands in one of the few space-ports on the planet. You see through your windows a lot of shoddy looking houses, though on closer inspection they look very well made. The sky is a rather dark orange, and you guess from the activity that it's around noon. There seems to be what can best be described as a mansion on the far edge of town, overlooking the whole place on its steep hill. You also notice quite a few strange looks from the towns-people, who all seem a bit... off in their appearance, maybe it's just a trick of the light or all the dust around, but they all look away as soon as they notice you looking at them. One thing's for certain, this definitely seems to be the place to look for anything of dark origin.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:55 am

Jos steps off the ship with a spring in his step, and starts by attempting to read the mind of the nearest townsfolk.
((15))
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:06 am

Jos sees in this cloaked man's mind a list of tasks, mostly everyday tasks, you know, get groceries, fix the leak in the roof, all that. But then... Something strange happens. This list is covered by creeping shadows and a... "face", appears. it doesn't have any features, in fact it just looks like white on the shadow, but there's one thing you notice. It's smiling a jagged smile, and just from the shape alone you can tell that it has very sharp teeth. The man freezes in place, and a cracking sound is heard. You can't see under his hood to see what he really looks like, but he continues moving, albeit more slowly and hunched over... he continues on like this out of sight into a dark alley, before another loud snap is heard, as well as a guttural groaning sound...
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:14 am

Jos pulls back with a loud scream, and falls over, crawling backwards into the ship desperately, then curling up by the door.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next