Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hum's in the Dark

4 posters

Go down

Hum's in the Dark Empty Hum's in the Dark

Post  Drago765 Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:54 am

There's a galaxy in a far off place, not even in your reality actually.

In this place I am god.

I control all, I'm the end all and be all. If you want any true power, you come to me.

But enough about me.

This galaxy is unlike most you've seen. You see, while other galaxies either have advanced magic or advanced technology, this one has both, to an extent. The technology isn't too more advanced than simple space travel, and most of the magic isn't really special. It does, however, have space travel, made more controllable and comfortable with a little bit of magic. You can cruise the galaxy in a decade, this is possible thanks to tesseracting, folding space for the ship. (and only the ship, otherwise everything would just get righteously fucked up.) You're also able to go to other planets in a matter of 2-3 hours thanks to advanced ship engines and thrusters that make everything go faster.(No tesseracting to other planets.) Everyone is born with the ability to do magic, it's just that it requires thorough study that is very difficult for some.

The weapons are almost identical to modern weapons in your universe, and laser weapons are very expensive and usually reserved for the officials and the like.

No nano-machines though.

Those are just Deus-ex machinas.

Anyways, there is one thing that is almost universally feared in this galaxy.

Me.

You see, all of my deals have a cost. Costs most are unwilling to pay. Although some have in the past, they were never heard from again.

And before you ask I'm not telling you either.

Now, because of this I'm generally not talked about. In fact, most people think of me and anything relating to me as evil or an old, forgotten legend.

Which is ironic because I created this galaxy.

Anyways, humans in this galaxy have... changed, in a way. They took on the forms of other races and combined them with their own forms. Things like humans with fox ears, bunny ears, spider-humans, and even Nagas. There are not enough Nagas in this sort of thing.

DON'T YOU DARE MENTION WHAT THESE ARE TYPICALLY SEEN IN, YOU SICK FU-

Sorry, allow me to continue.

You see, it has been a VERY long time since I've actually been able to toy with any of the beings in this realm, and I intend to change that.

Why don't I give you some of my creative power and let you create a few beings in this galaxy?

I promise this deal won't cost much... for you yourself, that is.

Hello! And welcome to the product of an insane out-of-the-blue idea! You see, this is going to be a game where the player-characters can make deals with me, yes, me. Not some cheap knock-off god, but the DM himself. Now this one isn't going to have any ponies, but don't let that deter you! I promise we can have all the fun you do in those games full of sunshine and smiles, but this one is going to be different. This game isn't going to use any "real" system, you don't get any stats or bonuses. You do, however, get powers you gain from both deals with me and being entertaining/interesting enough that I feel you should get some. (Surviving kind of helps as well.) This might be a bit harder than your average campaign, but that's to encourage you into deals. Now see, the deals with me always come with a cost. Every deal you make will have a consequence of equal value in my eyes. Of course, this depends on the character you're playing as well.
You'll also have to specify a racial power, which is only small strength and limited to things your mutant-race-thing can reasonably do (Like spider-humans being able to climb walls.) and 2 powers at the start, which are a bit stronger than racial powers and allow you to do things like cast fireballs, as well as equipment and stuff you have on you. Feel free to come up with ideas for these yourself. The rolls will be d20 rolls without bonuses, because I kind of hate math.

The game starts with a ritual, I want everyone to come up with how their character found out about the ritual and I(Considering neither are really talked about.), this ritual will be what sets the over-arching threat and will be the reason you'll be able to make deals with me. Oh, and your characters can hear me, but only if I'm directly addressing them. Oh, and also after the ritual every character gets a mark on a part of their body, you can decide where this mark will be.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Hum's in the Dark Empty Re: Hum's in the Dark

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:13 pm

I = playing this.

Edit: Apparently Hum forgot to add this to the opening post. Characters
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Hardly started, but posting now so I don't forget later: Sparkle Sparkle

Last edited by Copper Rose on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Hardly started, but posting now so I don't forget later: Sparkle Sparkle
Right, I've already talked to this person about this, but this message is going to be for everyone else. This is not a pony campaign, and it's not going to be using normal character sheets. We're going to be using the character sheets that Ramsus linked because I forgot to. This is just a heads up for anyone interested in this campaign.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Oh my god this is awesome. How do I join?
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Character sheets that Ramsus linked, just give me your google email in a PM or something.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Sent
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:25 am

Alright, so for the ship's look on the outside just glue the front of this ship onto the back of this one. The inside is too convoluted to say here, just know that you can't really get around it well without flight or walking on walls.
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down