Moonlit Adventures

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  quietkal on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:15 pm

In his mostly un-noticable form, Masque quickly moves to a side of the clearing that if the group were to follow him would lead them away from both the gallery and where he expected the star-pony, living painting, and...thing...to go.
He then makes the following sound, "DELELELELELE WHOOOOOOOOOP", and waits for the group to begin moving towards the sound, and him, before attempting to lead them down a false path through the forest.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:23 pm

"What the Tartarus was that?!" The one who found the prints exclaimed. "After it! It must be what landed here!" The leader remarked, after which they all started running to where they heard the sound.
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  quietkal on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:32 pm

Masque moves quickly for a distance, shifting into a form more able to hide as he does.
Meta:
Using A Thousand Faces to become a squirrel. He's still invisible, just doing this to become small-sized instead of abjectly indescribable.
Once he finishes the transformation, he makes the sound again before leaping onto a tree and hiding on the far side of the bark until they pass.
When/if they do, he looks at what seemed to be the leader of the group and reads their time-stream, gathering knowledge on what they were doing before...this.
Meta:
Using Flashback on the leader pone.
Flashback:
Preparation Time: Instantaneous
Choose a creature you can see that is not involved in combat. You learn anything important (DMs discretion) that creature remembers from the past 10 minutes. You may spend a magic point to change the target’s memories of those 10 minutes, be it changing conversations or actions that any creature in the memory did. The creature must make a Perception check with DC 35 to recognize the altered memory.
Not spending a magic point to do the other part of Flashback, just wanna know the highlights of the last 10 minutes. Hopefully more than just "dang, there's a meteor that fell, better go kill it."
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Masque successfully hides and accesses their memories. (Which, for my amusement, will be sent in a PM.)
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  quietkal on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Masque frowns an invisible, squirrelly frown. More mysteries...but lending any aid at all would be incredibly risky. He needs to catch up to the mysteries already found.
He leaps from the tree and shifts into a more mobile form, as he sprints back to the ruins of the house, whereupon he picks up the scents of the falling star and...thing...and follows their unique trail to the unique creatures.
Meta:
Putting all the meta into one post instead of layering it. Make it nice and neat.

A Thousand Faces, taking the form of a Timberwolf.
True Shifter, taking the following racials for Timberwolves:
Timberwolf:
Scent Tracker (1) - At Will
Characters of your race can pick up a person’s scent off of an object they have worn or held. You gain a +15 bonus to tracking that creature, until their trail crosses water, is washed away by rain or encounters any other circumstance that would mask or remove scents.

Wood and Magic (Mechanical) (2)
You are considered a magical construct. You do not age, nor do you need to eat, sleep, or drink or breathe. If a character would make a heal check to heal you, they make a mechanics or arcana check instead. With the proper resources (DM’s discretion), any severed part of your body may be reattached or recreated with the proper resources, so long as you have not been killed and any crippling injury can be repaired with the proper resources.

Terrify (2) - [1/Day]
Characters of your race can put on a terrifying display, terrifying a creature that can see you for the next minute. Creatures gain +5 to persuasion checks when attempting to intimidate a terrified creature.

Nasty Breath (Hex) (3) - [1/Day]
Target creature takes a -10 penalty to skill checks for the next hour.
Scent Tracker to pick up Star Flash and Amber's scents.
Perception: 43 = 20 (roll) +8 (skill) +15 (tracking)
Also, I assume invisibility ends soon.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Not only does Masque pick up on Kyo and Amber's scents, but also the scents of the scouting party, and managed to find a shortcut through the brush back to the group that will allow it to avoid a run-in with the mentioned scouting party.
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  quietkal on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:23 am

As Masque nears the group, he drops his connection to the Timberwolf, briefly becoming formless before resuming his unique living painting form. He attempts to sneak back into position behind the group, saying after he recovered position, "Will the gallery know to leave as well, or need we warn them?" with just enough volume to be heard by Kyo and the others.
Meta:
Stealth to sneak back up on the group? I'd be okay with foregoing the roll and players just deciding if their character would notice or not.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Ramsus on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:20 am

Amber turns to look at Masque but, doesn't say anything. She just resumes occasionally touching him now that he's back within reach.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:11 am

Star Flash blinks, looking at Masque for a moment. Then it turns to look at Kyo and back again. "There is be two of you!" The little star pony gasps out in surprise inside your minds.

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 350
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 pm

quietkal wrote:As Masque nears the group, he drops his connection to the Timberwolf, briefly becoming formless before resuming his unique living painting form. He attempts to sneak back into position behind the group, saying after he recovered position, "Will the gallery know to leave as well, or need we warn them?" with just enough volume to be heard by Kyo and the others.
Meta:
Stealth to sneak back up on the group? I'd be okay with foregoing the roll and players just deciding if their character would notice or not.
"Oooooh, I don't know," replies Kyo in a worried whisper. "I guess we should, just to be safe. I also need to tell everyone that I'm going to look for my partner, in case they think I have gone missing as well."

Dr Blight wrote:Star Flash blinks, looking at Masque for a moment. Then it turns to look at Kyo and back again. "There is be two of you!" The little star pony gasps out in surprise inside your minds.
"Yes, I think." In his mind Kyo looks back at seeing Masque shift into the weird form...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 823
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  quietkal on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:"Oooooh, I don't know," replies Kyo in a worried whisper. "I guess we should, just to be safe. I also need to tell everyone that I'm going to look for my partner, in case they think I have gone missing as well."
Masque nods, and quietly replies, "Lead on then."
Dr Blight wrote:Star Flash blinks, looking at Masque for a moment. Then it turns to look at Kyo and back again. "There is be two of you!" The little star pony gasps out in surprise inside your minds.
As they continue, Masque shies away slightly from Amber's probing tentacles. "In a sense. We are similar, but separate beings."
Meta:
If we're moving at a speed that Masque could make a half-decent attempt to cover their tracks at, he'd attempt to do so. Some kind of skill check? But I feel like we're moving fairly swiftly, and it's probably not really an option.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:20 pm

The group makes it to the gallery thanks to Kyo's directions, and they get into a clearing with seven huts and a few other buildings, mainly for various tasks. Most of the other living paintings haven't noticed the group yet, and are still doing their usual routine jobs and hobbies. A few are gathering berries and herbs to eat, others are slowly improving the huts, and yet others are tending to animals for riding and other purposes. It seems that things are mostly normal here, but it might not stay that way for long if they aren't warned.
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:23 pm

"Oooooooh. Lots of colors. All moving and wiggling and squiggling around. How many Kyos are there here do you think?" Amber asks the group.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  quietkal on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:37 pm

"We are not all named Kyo." Masque ponders if that might actually be true for living paintings as he looks around, attempting to see if a particular Living Painting seemed like a leader.
Meta:
Perception: 22 = 14 (roll) +8 (skill)
Masque also looks at Kyo, just in case he's already been traveling with the leader.
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Masque spots one painting with slightly less detailed robes, however he seems to be overseeing things. He looks a little worried about something, but it doesn't look like it'd take an immediate effect. A few of the other paintings talk to him every so often, but you're not close enough to hear what they're saying.
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Dr Blight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:08 am

Star Flash immediately flies right up to the nearest painting, practically touching noses before turning back and happily announcing back to the group. "There is be more!!" That said it immediately flies right back to the villagers and begins poking them. "How is be Colorful One in many places same time?" After a while of this it stops and floats in place with a puzzled expression on its face. "Which is be Colorful One Star Flash meet?"

_________________
Games I'm In:
Equestrian Radio Show as Ruby Blossom
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria as Eclair
Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
avatar
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

Posts : 350
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:24 am

Kyo makes his way to the oldest painting and greets with a bow. "Terrible news Kaoru," Kyo tells the painting, "A shooting star fell onto my hut, and now some ponies are looking around the woods for it and they may find us." He gives a wave to Star Flash as she question where Kyo had went. He was somewhat scared that the six paintings here would be scared of Star and Amber since they were ponies (kinda), but as long as they stay friendly, they should be welcomed here. After all, they were alive as well...
avatar
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Posts : 823
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:56 am

Kaoru thinks about this for a second. "That... would explain the loud crash and bright lights we saw earlier." He remarks, looking quizzically at Amber and Star Flash, before turning back to Kyo. "Though if what you said is true, we'll have to move..." He says, looking over the village before sighing. "After all the hard work we put into creating this gallery... Only for us to have to abandon it... I shall alert the others, we're going to have to be quick if we want to avoid confrontation."
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Ramsus on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:04 am

Amber floats closer and asks, "Is there anything I can do to help?"
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:11 am

"Well..." He pauses, looking Amber over and generally trying to figure out what she is. "It would be helpful to know when the ponies are going to get here, and extra... limbs, are always useful.
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Ramsus on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:13 am

"I've got plenty of those to spare!" Amber announces happily.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:15 am

"Yes, I can certainly see that." He chuckles.
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  quietkal on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Masque follows Kyo to the elder, and morbidly adds, "I am afraid it is not merely that they might know of the gallery; they do know of the gallery. Elder, I followed the star to here, and I do not mean to add stress to the situation, but we need to leave with as little trace as possible. Now."
avatar
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Posts : 716
Join date : 2013-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:17 am

He suddenly turns to Masque. "WHAT?! Oh no, this is bad. This is very, very bad..." He starts pacing around. "Kyo, stranger! Alert the others! Tell everyone to grab only what they need and follow us out of here! Tentacled-one and glowing-one! Try and find out where they're coming from, otherwise help everyone else get their things. Quickly!"
avatar
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Posts : 430
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Ramsus on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:21 am

Amber flies around helping NPCs carry their possessions.
avatar
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2013-09-05
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum