Moonlit Adventures

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moonlit Adventures

Post  Drago765 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:34 am

It was a quiet night in Hollow Shades, the night air was cool, the green leaves rustled in the breeze throughout the woods, the moon was full, and there was a shooting star heading straight for the woods being followed by an amber glowing... thing. A villager, noting how peacefull tonight was said "Ah, what a nice ni-WAIT WHAT THE BU-?!" before being interupted by the star crashing in the forest, causing a loud rumbling sound and knocking a fair amount of trees down, not to mention the destroyed hut underneath it.

Meanwhile, deep in the woods, Kyo was in his hut, decorated with various odds and ends, thinking about his missing partner. He still hadn't decided to look for him or not, mostly he was wishing that he'd just turn up if he waited long enough. Most of his commune offered support, to varying success. As he was lingering on these thoughts, and debating yet again whether to search for his partner or not, the roof of his hut came crashing down on him with a white and amber glow.

Masquerade was moving through the forest. He was being drawn to a spot he knows is close now, it's effect on him had started a few hours ago, drawing him deeper and deeper into the forest. He managed to avoid the colony of living painting, even though they were an interesting bunch the draw was too great, and he knew what usually happens when living beings see him. He moved forward and broke into a small grove, with a ruined hut emanating an amber and white light in the middle.
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moonlit Adventures

Post  Ramsus on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:50 am

The glowing amber thing looked down at the star pony and queried aloud, "Is shining singing thing intact? I hope its intact." While her focus was largely on the star pony she also wondered to herself why this building was so eerily euclidean.
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:22 am

Masque stood on the edge of the grove with a nervous glee. Nothing had pulled at him like this, and a hut means sentient creatures. Sentient creatures means chains of events, and this looked like a doozy.
He makes a quick check of his form, decides after a moment that a traveling griffin seemed appropriate for the situation, and rushes towards the remains of the hut with a concerned look on the borrowed face. "Oy! Is anyone in there? Anyone hurt?," the voice called out.

Last edited by quietkal on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:31 am

Kyo, shocked white as a sheet, sits frozen in fear by the destruction around him. First he loses his partner, and now he has lost his house. The painting eventually picks himself up and carefully moves towards the crash as he changes colour to a cautious dull yellow. When he safely gets there, he looks at what just crashed into his house...
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:29 pm

In the center of the destruction of what was once surely a respectable hut is a crater glowing with a pure white light. Inside of which is a small white pony with a pale neon blue and pink, and extremely short, tail. The pony seems to glow with a soft white light at all times, on its flank is a cutiemark of a cartoonish five point white star with pale yellow rays of light coming off it. The little pony seemingly came down with enough force to get its head lodged in the ground, though it doesn't seem to be making any effort to pull itself out. Instead its just covered its head with its hooves and is trembling.

"Star Flash is not being here Black Star. Please be going away now!"

You hear a young voice ring in your minds like a bell.

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:43 pm

Kyo walks around and inspects the pony now lodged in his floor. Initially he is torn between helping or hiding, but decides that the pony would lead other ponies here anyway, he shifts into a olive green, slides up to this Star Flash, and says "Hello?"
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:45 pm

The eldritch abomination tries to respond to the star pony and whoever was calling out from outside at the same time, being somewhat discombobulated in reality, and ends up saying "Oh greetings good, planet shining inhabitant! Singing I thing am is sensing still three intact. Animate let's and get intelligent you beings out in of this the area ground. Besides there yourself. We I go! Am uninjured but, unsure of the state of the other two as their forms are new to me. Huh? That doesn't seem like it sounds right." as she pulls the star pony out of the ground while waving a tentacle in the direction of the thing that called out to them.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:02 pm

The painting moves back and watches the... thing take pull out the pony. "What is going on?" questions Kyo...
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:22 pm

The griffin rounded what remained of a wall, and stood dumbstruck at the sight of a living painting, most of a glowing pony, and a thing he could not even try to describe as anything other than amber-colored and with at least one tentacle. "...ooh...that's...a lot of crazy..."
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:58 pm

There's a little yelp of terror in your minds as the pony begins to flail around in a panic. Its mane is similarly short as its tail and of identical coloration, and its face bears the soft features and long lashes of a little mare, not a filly but not quite fully grown yet either. "No eat me!" It yells, its 'voice' you notice however sound more like that of a young colt, before opening its bright pink eyes at last and looking around. "........You no be Black Star." It states flatly in your minds as it looks you over, craning its head to look back at Amber. "What be you?"

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:02 pm

The eldritch abomination glows with delight (literally) that the star pony is ok and opens its mouth to answer. And then closes it. Opens it again. Cocks its head to the side and scratches its head with a tentacle and settles on replying, "Yes. And what are you shining singing thing? I have always wondered."
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Star Flash blinks in confusion at that. "Star Flash is be Shooting Star Pony. What is be you Yellow One? Pony? Not-Pony?"

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:58 am

"Yellow One? No that's Hastur, I'm more of an amber color. Again I think the answer is just 'yes'. So you are a shoot of a star? I was not aware stars grew from seeds." the tentacled glowing thing replied.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:08 am

"Amber?" It says, tilting its head slightly. "is be Amber One then." The little pony states matter-of-factly before blinking. "No, Star Flash is be Shooting Star. Fly across Great Space not like Great Stars!"

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:14 am

Kyo just fluctuates between colours as he watches the scene unfold before him...
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:13 am

Masque has a hard time deciding between emotions. Excitement about what appears to be new history, and terror about something that has no real precedent.
He ends end just abjectly yelling for a moment. "AAAAAAAAH!"
The griffin starts to back away from the mess. He won't get far, of course, the draw still compels him to stay near. "...sorry. I'm just gonna...yeah..."
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:57 am

"Wait, did you say you were a shooting star?"
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:55 pm

"Amber? Oooh ok, I like that. Hey hey! I have a name now! Names are good! They give power! Yay!" Amber says and begins to dance/fly around excitedly.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Masque paces back and forth next to what remains of a wall, unsure of what to do. Phoenix will come, there's no doubt they would investigate a light falling from the sky. I could flee now, put some extra distance between me and them. But what about this draw? Those creatures apparently causing it are all...new. Well, not the living painting, but they're still pretty rare as it is. Regardless, there's something important about them...Hollow Shades' a decent ways away, and Phoenix will probably need to corroborate reports before they move in. Not a lot of extra time, but enough to move them to safety before Phoenix sticks its nose around here.

Masque focuses and changes his form, steadily becoming more bipedal and less featured until finally appearing as a living painting, in an attempt to ease the confrontation.
Meta:
Using the Alter Ego function of A Thousand Faces, taking the form of a unique Living Painting. Because that's easier than copying another's and then trying to hash out if Kyo would recognize them and so forth.

I don't like using the word 'confrontation' there, but it's the best word I can think of at the moment.
Additionally, no, he's not rounding the wall to speak again. Thousand Faces takes up 30 seconds, so I figure that's several posts before he jumps back in.
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:49 am

The little star pony blinks at the question and seems to glow slightly brighter, lifting out of Amber's grip and drifting around through the air leaving little trails of light in its wake. "Yes! Star Flash is be Shooting Star Pony! What is be you?" It asks as it does a little sideways roll in the air and stops floating upside down at Kyo's eye-level, tilting its head slightly as it stares.

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:24 pm

"My name is Kyo, I'm a living painting," he answers the Shooting Star as he shifts into a hopeful green colour, "Is it true that you can make wishes upon a shooting star? I need your help."
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:45 pm

"Oh, do you shiny- er shooting stars hear the calling outs with the thoughts too? Is your responses why your kind always make such nice sound?" Amber asks excitedly.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  quietkal on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Satisfied with the transformation, Masque again rounds the corner with a concerned coloration, speaking after he has seen the living painting and moving towards them. "I saw the light fall on the house! Are you o...oh..." He lets his sentence trail off as he comes to a stand near the tentacle-thing, staring at it and subtly trying to figure out what the bonanza it is. Some kind of land-sea-pony? Not likely.
quietkal
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:43 am

Flash simply tilts its head in the opposite direction, following through with the motion until it's right side up again. "Help? I help if can?" It blinks and turns back towards Amber, a look of confusion crossing the little Star Pony's face before it simply opens its mouth for a moment. ....And, for most creatures, nothing seems to happen. For those that can hear it through, a single bell-like tone blasts out from the little star pony and out across the cosmos containing a simple message of inquiry.

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:55 am

Amber smiles widely with delight and replies with a sound in the same normally inaudible frequency range, though it's rather discordant, barely far reaching enough to be heard by those who could much farther away than a few hundred yards, and doesn't seem to communicate anything in particular.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top