Black Star Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mertropolis

+3
Z2
SubjectZ
Ramsus
7 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mertropolis - Page 2 Empty Re: Mertropolis

Post  Ramsus Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Golden's question and Coral's sleep are interrupted by a brief trumpet piece. When its finished, Urban Sprawl calls for a moment of silence in respect of the fallen heroes. After a few minutes he then pulls the tarp off the statue. As he does so nearly half the crowd looks away from the statue expectantly. Most turn back to the statue after a minute or so of nothing happening. The statue is in a crescent shape around the tower and the heroes are posed as if protecting it. After a minute the Mertopolis Symphony Orchestra begins to play as people wander around examining the statues.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Coral snaps awake. "Huh? Wha? Oh. What?" She climbs/falls off of Reseda with a yawn. "Well, that looks nice. Almost identical to the one in my dream..." She starts to nod off again, leaning against Reseda.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Col, after tensely looking around and muttering "This is too obvious... too normal for this town." Trotting over the statue of Bad Lands. After just staring at it for a bit he lowered his head "...Nobody knew who you were, nobody even knew your face, but you still fought for us..." He started to tear up a bit, but quickly tried to hide it. "...You're either dead or somewhere else entirely now... but you saved all of us, and for that you'll never be forgotten." Col started to regain his composure. "...I've got to get a hold of myself."
Drago765
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Gear Craft trotted over to the statues, focusing on the Mare of Steel's one. He looks at it sadly, wondering why they died for us. There were so many more to save, so many left to help, and none of them were here anymore. On a whim, he decides to examine the MoS' statue.
Perception Check:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:14 am

Examining her pose and putting bits of facts together that must have been floating around his subconscious, Gear realizes that everything the Mare of Steel did was to protect others. That she and the others had fought Steelheart countless times and must have known it was some kind of trap, even if they weren't aware to the extent. But, the import thing he puts together is that other minor heroes and basically all of the other active villains he had heard of had vanished over the last year. Not only that but, there had been an almost alarming number of unsolved missing persons cases in the last two months. Having a flashback to the machine, he can't recall having heard of anything like it before. Which was odd because it looked very much in a finished stage. There were no problems with it and it seemed fully efficient despite how incredibly complicated it must have been. Especially considering what its purpose was. He almost had that purpose pinned down. The missing supers and others. They must have had something to do with the machine.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:35 pm

"I guess that I'm wrong and even the worst have a sense of decency" Golden gives a small sad smile before drifting over to the statue of Zamsha and dropping a flower.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:31 am

Floe raises her bottle to the statue, mutters "Cheers," and drinks from the bottle. She was slightly irritated that the crowd of ponies were so paranoid over an attack. All the heroes and villains are gone, and she hadn't heard of anything happening other than more lizard pony rumours (which not only have been happening for a while anyway) and the Old Town fires. If there were any more heroes or villains, or wanted to become one, they would have let themselves been known by now? It has been a month after all...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Coral Wrench wakes up at having heard Floe's thoughts.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:51 pm

"What now? I guess that might make sense. Though, nobody would come forward as a hero if there are no villains, because that would just beg for someone to become a villain." She thinks aloud, after hearing the random thought. She looks at Silver and Silly. "So what do you two think?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Gear overhears Coral and walks over, saying, "Well, that logic implies that if any super-powered beings show up today, they're gonna be villains." He reaches a hoof out. "Howdy, I'm Gear Craft."
He thinks to himself as he sees the dragonnel look startled at Coral, Well, that's weird. I should ask about that later.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:58 pm

"No, I just meant that heroes don't really have any good reasons to turn up without any villains. I'm Coral Wrench, by the way." She extends a hoof to the giraffe. "You were one of the other captives, weren't you?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Gear Craft shakes her hoof, saying, "Yeah, I was. Also, what if the heroes expected villains to show, and came just in case?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:09 pm

"I don't think heroes would even exist without villains, so if there aren't any villains right now, why should there be any heroes? Besides, I don't think people are just lining up somewhere for a chance to be a hero, just waiting for a villain to pop up out of the blue. Then again, I'm not a local, I only came to Mertropolis shortly before we were held captive by Stealheart, so I could be completely wrong and there's an entire business just for beginning heroes. Is there?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Gear Craft smiles and says, "Not that I know of. But as I know it, heroes don't just show up for super-villains, they take on thieves, murderers, all sorts of low-life. So villains with powers aren't the only threats. So, where are you from? Sorry your welcome to Mertopolis had to be like... this."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Floe, recovering from the surprise of hearing someone seemingly responding to her thoughts, makes a move towards the discussion going on. "That wouldn't explain why no more villains have shown up either," Floe tells the sea pony as she points her head towards the statue of the fallen heroes for her next point. "Heck, I'm surprised there weren't any crime sprees when those the everyone found out these guys were gone. Everyone just needs to lighten up."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Gear Craft turns to Floe and says, "Well, maybe the villains are just waiting for a good time to make an appearance? You know, make a name for themselves? And there's been all kinds of weird stuff going on lately. Name's Gear Craft. You were one of the captives?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:22 pm

"Wasn't everyone here a captive?" retorts the dragonnel...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:28 pm

"No, my friends here, Silver Fork and Silly Snaps, weren't captives. Unless they were somehow invisible and decided to keep it secret from me."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:30 pm

Gear Craft chimes in, "And I'm sure some political figures came. And don't tell anyone, but there's a detail of cops with muskets stationed around, just in case"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:35 pm

"How often are cops nothing more than collateral damage around here, when it comes to heroes and villains? Just a random question."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Mericorn
Mericorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Floe ponders the sea pony's question...

(History Roll: 18 (Roll) + 11 (Bonus) = 29)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:08 pm

It largely depends on the villains and the situation. There have been villains where the police were so ineffective that official protocol was for police to do nothing to interfere with them aside from get civilians to safety and others that were taken out or even captured by the police before heroes even had a chance to show up.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:29 pm

"You'd be surprised," the dragonnel answers casually...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Gear Craft grimaces and says, "Now, civilians are a different story."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:12 pm

"Well, that's all in the past now," replies Floe as she takes another sip...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next