The Rise of the Windigo King

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  Ramsus on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Aoi.... explains the situation. Montage. Colors. Gesticulation. 80's music.
Ramsus
Overlord. Overlord? Overlord!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:28 pm

"Wait... what?" Clandestine exclaims, looking in shock a bit. "Are you saying Windigoes are real? That's... That's pretty hard to believe, but it's real bad news if it's true..." She says, putting one of her hooves to her chin and thinking for a bit. "...Do you have any proof of all of this? Because frankly this means bad things for us as well, and I'd like to know if it's true."
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:04 am

Torch, hearing this, comes back as Aoi explains the current situation, then pipes up with, "Well, I can tell you that the Raganarok and I just encountered one a bit ago. And considering we were the ones who actually went through the museum ordeal, we would know. If that isn't enough, though..." He thinks for a moment, then says, "We could try to get Verana to ta-... oh. Yeah. She's... not doing so well. I wonder if I could speed up her recovery?" He looks at Ragnarok, and says, "Could I see the necklace? I promise I'm just gonna try to help Verana." He turns back to Clan and says, "Actually, sorry, ma'am, where are my manners, I'm Healing Torch, group healer, proud graduate of Canterlot Medical School, and occasional dragon destroyer, at your service. What's your name?" He makes a note of her stunning mane and vibrant eyes.
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:02 pm

Ragnarok takes out the necklace from where she was keeping it although she does not actually let go of it. "As Dr. Torch has stated I am Ragnarok Professor of Archaeology."
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:34 pm

"Nice to meet you." Clandestine replies to both of them before looking at the necklace. "Well... It certainly matches what I've heard, but I can't really tell if it's just a normal necklace or not..."
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:36 pm

Torch replies, "I can probably fix that." He then levels his horn at the necklace and channels all his magic into it. His horn flares green, and a beam of pure arcane force shoots out and hits the necklace.
Arcana Roll:
17 + 17 = 34
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:33 am

Dr Blight wrote:
Back upstairs, Desire gives an amused chuckle at that. "You two go to such lengths to hide it."She says sarcastically. She tilts her head slightly as he continues and blinks as she realizes what he means. "Ah. Don't mention it. I figured it wouldn't do to just let them drag you into the freezer like some common bum after what you all did for us." She blinks as if realizing something. "Metaphorically of course, we don't actually keep bums in the freezer, it's unhygienic!"She says with a nervous chuckle.

Death Ray stared at Desire for a long moment – before uttering a hesitant, “Ohhhhhhhh-Kaaaaaay…

-Note to self – steer clear of freezers…

Spoiler:
I'm going to roll Perception to try and tell if Desire's lying here about the bums in the freezer. My Perception’s only a 5, but I might as well give this a try:

5 + D20 (19) = 24

Huh. Pretty decent roll there. Just about best I can hope for anywhoo...

“Um… yeah… sooooooooooo – anyway,” the Doctor began anew, trying to change the topic while he mulled over the randomness of that whole freezer comment. Clearing his throat, he grinned apologetically, “Sorry again for earlier. This meeting hasn’t gone… well… quite as I’d... planned... so far – but, I was hoping I’d be able to catch you sometime today… You see... um... I’ve been wanting to… uh… to talk to you about… well… something else that happened here… this… morning…?” Death Ray paused for a moment, trying to tell if Dream’s mom understood his meaning, then he glanced back towards the stairs, adding, “I don’t suppose Ditto or…” he glanced at the party crowd, “-Or one of the others…? Might. Have. Mentioned it?” Turning back to the changeling matron again, he paused for a moment. Taking a long look around the room, he then leaned in slightly and lowered his voice conspiratorially, “I’m talking in particular about a ‘house call’ (the Doctor made air quotes with his hooves) that these two beatnik-wannabe henchponies and a griffon named Crow made when I was getting ready to leave this morning.

Leaning back, Death Ray ran a nervous hoof through his spiky mane. He wasn’t sure how Dream’s mom would react to all this, but he had to ask, “Is… is it okay if we talk a bit about those guys... maybe?” –And on second thought, the Doctor also added with a bit of concern, “Should weeeee... go somewhere more private for this?”
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:45 pm

as the necklace is blasted with magic, a familiar orange haze begins to form in the air. It briefly takes a form that looks vaguely like a pony, but it's very indistinct and unfocused. It lingers just a few moments before quickly dissipating again. For the brief time its present, you can make out that the figure appears to be asleep.

Desire doesn't seem to quite follow until about halfway through, where she makes an expression as if she finds the topic truly distasteful. She seems to mull it over for a while before sighing and gesturing for you to follow her. She leads you to a door with a small sign hanging from it with the word "Desire" painted on it. A slight glow from her horn and the door opens as she steps inside.

The room beyond appears to balance being a bedroom and an office, most of the furniture being the plain black metal you'd expect to find in a cubicle. The sole exceptions being the small dresser, bookshelf, mirror, and bed that also share the space, though they're also mostly black. In addition, there's a small round table in the center of the room, surrounded by colorful cushions on the floor to sit on. Papers are stacked on the small table haphazardly. An island of chaos in an otherwise very orderly room. Various small picture frames and office supplies battle for space on any flat surface in the room.

With a flare of her horn the papers on the desk all lift up as one and float across the room, dropping on the floor in a corner as she sits down on one of the cushions and gestures for Dr. D to take one across from her. The table itself now clear of everything but an old calculator with a roll of paper attached.

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Affairs of Darkness 2: Twilight Tales as The Game Master
Bronyland personality test:
Dr Blight
Totally Not The Admin in Disquise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:58 pm

"Well... Not very impressive, but it does fit your story..." Clandestine stops to think about it for a bit, before getting an excited look on her face. "How about I tag along and help to see if it's real? After all, if it is real then I'd like to do anything I can to help stop it, and if it isn't it would at least make for an interesting story to tell."
Drago765
Prinny dood!
Prinny dood!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:05 pm

"I am sure your skills would be of help." Aoi replies as she restrains herself from bursting into laughter at the thought of having a changeling along with them while Healing Torch is unaware.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:25 pm

"It is good to have more help in this situation. Although I must warn you that this is not a venture that one can enter halfheartedly." At this point a realization dawns on Ragnarok and she turns over to Aoi. "Princess has the pirate defected?"
tygerburningbright

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:39 am

"Technically, no. He is inside getting drunk. I do not think he will be of any use to us in that state." Aoi replies.
Ramsus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Dr Blight wrote:
Desire doesn't seem to quite follow until about halfway through, where she makes an expression as if she finds the topic truly distasteful. She seems to mull it over for a while before sighing and gesturing for you to follow her. She leads you to a door with a small sign hanging from it with the word "Desire" painted on it. A slight glow from her horn and the door opens as she steps inside.

The room beyond appears to balance being a bedroom and an office, most of the furniture being the plain black metal you'd expect to find in a cubicle. The sole exceptions being the small dresser, bookshelf, mirror, and bed that also share the space, though they're also mostly black. In addition, there's a small round table in the center of the room, surrounded by colorful cushions on the floor to sit on. Papers are stacked on the small table haphazardly. An island of chaos in an otherwise very orderly room. Various small picture frames and office supplies battle for space on any flat surface in the room.

With a flare of her horn the papers on the desk all lift up as one and float across the room, dropping on the floor in a corner as she sits down on one of the cushions and gestures for Dr. D to take one across from her. The table itself now clear of everything but an old calculator with a roll of paper attached.

When Dream’s mom had made that initial expression, Death Ray’d hoped he hadn’t said anything wrong. Afterwards he’d fallen silent and followed the changeling back to her room… office… rofice?

Roice?

-By this point, GREGG had returned to the Doctor’s side too. Apparently the little bot hadn’t been able to talk to that stuck-up dragonnel princess jerk though… And somehow, that didn’t surprise Death Ray all that much.

So… let me get this straight. You didn’t get to say… anything to her?

No sir, Dr. Death Ray sir. Not really. She was quite distracted, and she left rather quickly sir.

Gotcha. Well… um… thanks for trying anyway… I guess?

Turning his attention back to Dream’s mom – who he now took to be named “Desire” (judging from the name on the door of the room) - Death Ray nodded to “Desire” and took a seat, glancing around the room briefly, taking everything in as he did so.

He cleared his throat – then realized something and cleared his throat again.

“Uh… Soooo… Yes,” the Doctor grinned, “Um… I… I just realized that I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced… yet. I know you’re daughter Dream’s name – and… I believe she knows mine… since we got to talk the other day while you were being… treated – but I… I take it by the door that you’re name’s… Desire?

Death Ray paused.

“Well… My name… It’s… uh… Dr. Death Ray… and, um…” the Doctor slouched in his cushion, rubbing his hooves together tentatively while raising a less-than-hopeful eyebrow, “I… don’t suppose you’ve heard of me?

Before Desire could answer, Death Ray straightened up and nodded hurriedly, “-But it’s a pleasure in any case, and nice place you’ve got here BTW. Yep. Nice place indeed.” He nodded again, smiling, “Excellent for raising a family. Very spacious. Dream must love it here – and that café? Prices are great, and the pastries are pretty darn good too. -Couldn’t get over that this morning, how you’d be able to charge such low prices for such premium products. Must be really popular with the locals I’d bet. Yes-sir-ree. Heh heh heh... yeah.”

Death Ray realized he was starting to ramble. He took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly – trying to reign himself in, Focus Death Ray, focus…

Soooo… Um… anyway…”

The Doctor tapped a hoof to his chin, carefully pondering how to phrase his next words...

“To be honest,” Death Ray shrugged, “I… haven’t known you and your daughter for… well… all that long… I mean… I just met you yesterday actually, and… not under the most pleasant of circumstances either. That said though, I… well… you see…” Death Ray rubbed the back of his neck, trying to buy some more time to think this through all the way, “In the short time I’ve known you guys… You’ve been… well…” lowering his gaze, he winced a bit in pain at his own awkwardness as he said the only word that came to mind, “great. You’ve been great.” Somehow, that word felt way too simple to describe things – but then again, it felt just right. The Doctor’s voice grew smaller and more self-conscious as he added, “I’d like to… maybe… visit you guys more often… if that’s… okay? And… um…” He looked up at Desire to try and show her that he was serious about this, “I… want to make sure you and Dream are happy – and safe. Now,” he shook his head, “I… I don’t know what’s going on with Crow and the beatnick brigade…” Death Ray raised his hooves defensively, anticipating an objection, “-and admittedly, it’s none of my business – but…” planting his hooves firmly on the table, he leaned forward, “I want to help if I can.”

Death Ray paused.

“Again, I know we just met. I won’t pretend to know exactly what’s going on here. You might not feel comfortable talking to me about this in the first place. I can understand that.” The Doctor shrugged, “This might all just be one big misunderstanding on my part too – I don’t know, it's possible – but if you tell me exactly what’s going on, worst-case scenario: I can at least understand why I shouldn’t be messing with Crow & Co. in the first place; best-case scenario – I can insure these minions never bother you and Dream again.”

Spoiler:
Persuasion to get Desire to tell Dr. D what’s going on with the henchponies -
Roll: Persuasion 8 + (D20) = 8 + (15) = 23
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:47 am

Desire blinks and nods. "Yes, that's my name. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier..." She waves a hoof in the air as she continues. "Not beyond what happened this morning, you're some kind of professional criminal from what I hear?"

She smiles a little "Yes, I'm quite pleased with it, it really does serve our needs quite well and business has been running smoothly for the most part..." She remains silent for a long moment watching Dr. D before sighing and rubbing her neck with a hoof. "Crow and 'the beatnik brigade' as you put it work for THE big name around here in the criminal circles. Blackmail, theft, foalnapping, assassination, and pretty much anything else you can think of; they have their hooves in it all. The guards have been after 'The Boss' as they call him for nearly two decades now and the best they've gotten is a knife in the previous captain's back, in his own office at the fort, at noon!" She stops for a moment to let that sink in before continuing. "This is not some..one to get involved with lightly. They got wind of... something that could get us exiled or executed and its bad enough with just that. Even if you ARE in the same field, I don't want you to go provoking them. For your sake as much as ours, understand?" She fixes him with a hard stare at that.

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:50 am

The Boss...? Hmm… That’s a pretty… well… surprisingly generic name… I mean, really? Wouldn’t that kind of be like me calling myself ‘The Doctor’…?

Perhaps it’s intended to add an air of mystery and menace to the ponysona sir?
GREGG chimed in through his and the Doctor’s shared telepathic link, Anypony could be A Boss Dr. Death Ray sir – but who is THE Boss?

Death Ray turned to his robotic companion, That’s… that’s a good point actually… Hmm… He might not even be a pony at all – or a ‘he’ for that matter... GREGG? Do me a favor. See what you can find out about “The Boss” over the net.

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir!

Spoiler:
History Check to find info on “The Boss” – Roll (18) + 8 History = 26 total

Searching for term “The Boss” sir…

I’m finding multiple links to ewetube clips for a song called “Like a Boss”…?

Pass...

Did you know sir? Apparently the word Boss can also be spelled B-A-W-S?

Interesting… Keep searching…

Here’s some info on a “Big Boss”… It has something to do with snakes…

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE-S…! Keep going…

Pony Danza?

-Come again?

I just found a wiki article on an actor by the name of Pony Danza sir… He’s the leading actor in a tv sitcom “Who’s the Boss?”

Uh… Never heard of him. Keep going…

-Ooh! I found something on Mugshot sir!

Mugshot, huh? That’s a pretty reliable site. Go on, go on… Whatcha find?

-This whole internal dialogue took place in the span of roughly three seconds, Death Ray turning back to his hostess Desire even as GREGG rattled off all the info he could find on “The Boss.” The Doctor nodded internally at each piece of info as GREGG filled him in – as far as anypony knew, he was a powerless villain… check… unbelievably lucky escape artist… check… not a member of the Big Bad Legion of Baddies - which was sort of surprising… but - check again… known for leaving a calling card at all his crime scenes, a stylized B that resembled a treble clef (GREGG clarified that a treble clef was a musical note)... check and double che-

-Death Ray froze.

A treble clef?

The Doctor hadn’t even known what a treble clef was a moment ago, but when he heard it was a musical note – something shot to the forefront of his mind like a nuke shot from a commandeered missile silo…

Back at the college library, when he’d been talking with Silver Song… Death Ray had just mentioned how Crow & Co. dressed, when Song had given this really cute little giggle that’d made the Doctor go weak in the knees. He’d been feeling extremely awkward at the time, especially since it was really rare to find a fan of his work – better yet one that was so nice, kind, cute, gentle, caring, cute, gifted, talented, and… did he mention cute?

The Doctor slapped himself.

-Focus Death Ray! Focus!

So... what had he been thinking about again?

-Oh yeah. When Death Ray had described Crow & Co.’s clothes, Silver Song had giggled – sure – but then… but she’d said something… What was it she'd said again...?

Dr Blight wrote:“My pianist dresses a lot like that though, who knows? Maybe he’s secretly a thug too!”

“OR A BOSS!”

Death Ray shot up out of his seat, slamming a hoof down on Desire’s table with finality, “THAT’S IT!”

He paused…

“Maybe. Or maybe not. It could just be a coincidence really... aaaaaaaand-” Clearing his throat, the Doctor smiled awkwardly at his hostess, "IIIIIIIII - just said all that outloud, didn't I? -Sorry,” he added, chuckling sheepishly as he sat back down. “Something just… well... um... occurred to me… but… yeah… so… anyway! We were talking about…” Death Ray frowned, “What were we talking about agai – Oh. Right. ‘The Boss’… Yeah… I... I knew that...”

Shutting his mouth before he made an even bigger foal of himself, Death Ray weighed his options for a moment – then nodded slowly to Desire. “Well, I can assure you - I don’t intend to… uh… provoke anypony as powerful-sounding as... um… ‘The Boss’…” Not without an excessive amount of planning beforehoof anyway – he thought to himself, “But this talk? It, uh… hasn’t really made me any less… well... concerned… for you and Dream’s safety…?” Death Ray leaned forward, adding soberly, “And as you already guessed, I do have some experience with the less - socially accepted, shall we say - part of society… Blackmail and quote-unquote ‘protection’ money? I don’t do that kind of stuff myself – it’s not my style – but you’ve… well… got to watch out when you’re involved with something like that. ‘The Boss’ – you're not having any... any trouble...? Paying whatever he’s asking, that is? Also, this… this is the first time I’ve ever heard of the guy, but is he what you’d call an… honorable criminal? I mean, do you know for sure he’ll stick to whatever deal you’ve made with him?”

Death Ray paused again - then in the most humble and unassuming tone he could muster, he asked the question that was really eating at him.

I… I don’t suppose you’re willing to tell me what ‘The Boss’ has on you either huh?”
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:30 am

Torch looks vaguely alarmed at the sleeping pony figure, then grins and says, "Well, sure, feel free to tag along, we could use all the help we can get." He then turns and walks into the cafe, calling over his shoulder, "Now if you'll excuse me I've got somepony to talk to. Pleasure meeting you, miss." He walks just inside the cafe and turns to the schoolmare, asking, "Hey, are you alright?"
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Desire blinks surprised at the sudden outburst, leaning back slightly in her cushion. Taking a moment to regain her composure before speaking as she processes his questions. "For the moment we're getting by, but his goons tend to be pretty enthusiastic about reminding us when a payment is due or late." She frowns a little..."I've never met The Boss face to face to know but, and don't take this the wrong way, I don't exactly trust ANYONE to not break their end of the deal if they think it gets them better. Blame it on my upbringing if you want." The expression on her face at the last question however makes it pretty clear she doesn't feel comfortable with that as her gaze drifts away from Dr D's eyes.

You find the young mare looking through her bag, 4 more pairs of broken glasses around her as she digs around inside. When you speak up she jumps, tossing one final unbroken pair into the air as she does and flailing around trying to catch it. Breathing a sigh of relief as she manages to grab it just before it hits the ground, she trades it out for the broken pair on her face and turns to look at you. "Oh, umm sorry, h-hello. Yes, I-I'm okay, thank you. Sorry." She says, looking a little flushed as she sheepishly sweeps the remaining broken frames into her bag.

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:25 am

Torch extends his hoof, and says, "I'm actually not sure if we were ever formally introduced, what with the whole business going on. I'm Healing Torch."
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:30 am

Dr Blight wrote:Desire blinks surprised at the sudden outburst, leaning back slightly in her cushion. Taking a moment to regain her composure before speaking as she processes his questions. "For the moment we're getting by, but his goons tend to be pretty enthusiastic about reminding us when a payment is due or late." She frowns a little..."I've never met The Boss face to face to know but, and don't take this the wrong way, I don't exactly trust ANYONE to not break their end of the deal if they think it gets them better. Blame it on my upbringing if you want." The expression on her face at the last question however makes it pretty clear she doesn't feel comfortable with that as her gaze drifts away from Dr D's eyes.

Listening to everything Desire has to say (and doesn’t say), Death Ray nods. Reaching into his coat pocket, he takes out a hoofful of metal and circuitry.

Hm… the Doctor thinks, looking over the scraps, Getting a little low on parts… Ah well… I’ll just have to… well... get some more soon, I guess... GREGG? Help me out with this, would you?

Yes sir, Dr. Death Ray sir!

As Death Ray flips down his black goggles and bends down over his work, GREGG zips up alongside him, a series of tiny tools flipping out of the robot’s gold framework. A number of whirring, buzzing sounds follow a series of quick flashes of light and deft flicks of the Doctor’s hooves. It takes a matter of moments, but then the work is done.

Flipping his goggles back up, Death Ray looks to Desire again with a sober expression. “I’m going away on a trip within the day,” he begins, speaking both slowly and carefully, “I’ll be back as soon as I can, but if anything happens while I’m away – to you… or to Dream – don’t hesitate to contact me. Here.

Death Ray places an electronic card on Desire’s table. It's practically a carbon copy of the one he’d given Silver Song earlier – complete with name (Death Ray), alias (Danger Prone), and a contact number. Nodding to the card, the Doctor pulls back his hoof, leaving his hoofiwork on the table.

“You can get in touch with me using the number on that card," he continues, "It patches directly into GREGG’s internal drive."

Death Ray pauses.

"I can understand if you don’t trust me, or if you don’t want me to know your secrets – but if… if something happens…” Biting his lip – Death Ray shakes his head, “Don’t be afraid to give me a call. I’m…” he took a deep breath and furrowed his brow, “I’m stronger than you might think. Don’t underestimate what I can do, especially… well... especially when it’s for my friends...”

Spoiler:
I rolled another Mechanics check to make the new card in case anybody was wondering (28 total - and I only rolled a 5! Yay!). I’m also pretty much done for now. Depending on how DB has Desire respond, Dr. D will most-likely be on his way out – while also assuring the changeling matron that he’ll fix the plumbing as soon as he gets back from his trip...
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:44 pm

She blinks, stammering awkwardly for a moment as she looks to his hoof, then his face, then back to his hoof before awkwardly reaching out and shaking it. "Oh! R-right! Sorry. Um... I'm um, Rough Sketch. It's nice to meet you!..uh, well we met before when I, umm...tried to steal from you but...you know that part..."

Desire regards the card silently and seems to hesitate for a moment before taking it in her magical grasp simply nodding slightly. "I'll be sure to do that..."

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:03 am

"Well, yeah, that was kind of an eventful day. So, I heard you've been passing out flyers!"
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Death Ray didn’t know what to think about Dream’s mom. The way Desire hesitated when she took his card… it didn’t really give him much confidence. If something happened while he was away, would she really contact him? There was no telling – but the Doctor certainly hoped she would…

As Death Ray nodded to Desire and made his way out of her office/room, he thanked her for her time and assured her that he’d fix the plumbing when he got back.  Afterwards, Death Ray made his way back downstairs, passing Torch talking with a purple mare by the front door of the cafe. The Doctor wasn’t sure it was a good idea to have let Torch inside Desire’s place of business, especially considering the nature of the establishment – but the green unicorn seemed calm enough, at least for the time being, so that was good…

Following that, Death Ray went outside and found the others waiting for him. He noticed Aoi and debated trying to convince her to go back to the changeling party - but then thought better of it, deciding to just leave well-enough alone for now. He noticed the new acquaintance the others had made and nodded to her welcomingly enough – then asked what the group’s plan was. After getting the word from Raggie, he told the others that he’d be a while yet, that they could just head for the docks whenever they were ready. He’d catch up later.

After that, Death Ray went back into the café and back up to the changeling party. Finding Dream easily enough, he sat down with her and talked a bit about the finer points of inventions, and how you shouldn’t take parts from one invention that was still in use (like a bathroom’s plumbing) in order to make a new invention that you had in mind (like a butterfly – even if it was a cool idea). He was as gentle as possible, and even when Dream seemed to get a little upset about it, Death Ray assured her that what she’d done wasn’t really all that bad. The fact that she saw possibilities in everyday items was what marked her as a genius, she just needed to work on her judgment a bit more – but that came with time.  Saying that much cheered Dream up pretty quick, so then Death Ray asked her if there was anything she wanted to ask before he left – as he’d be going away for a little while. Dream asked where he was going, and he told her he was going on a high-seas adventure, one that hopefully wouldn't take too long – and that promised to have magical artifacts, sea monsters, crazy half-metal captains... and possibly aliens too! The Doctor promised to tell Dream all about it when he got back… if she was interested… Dream got really excited at that – but then Death Ray added that he’d only tell her about his trip if the little changeling promised not to dismantle any more of her mother’s plumbing. Dream accepted eagerly enough and their deal was struck.

Sometime later (whenever’s convenient – in case anyone wanted to do anything else first), Death Ray and GREGG find their way to the docks, talk briefly with the captain, then go to get supplies for the trip (aka – as many spare parts and components as the boat can carry).
XandZero2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:12 pm

"Oh! umm... yes!" She says as she holds one of the hoofdrawn flyers up. "It's not very good but it's the only thing I could think to do. Drawing is... kinda what I do... it's in my name and all."  she says somewhat shyly.

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Torch takes it and scans over it, then says, "So, decided to start your own comic? Or are you trying to tell ponies about what's happening with the whole Windigo thing?"
SubjectZ
Proud Latte
Proud Latte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:51 pm

She nods at that. "Yes, I wanted to help somehow and this was the only way I could think to get the word out!" She seems somewhat proud of the drawing.

Mertropolis as Cocoon
Dr Blight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down